Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The trailer for this came out today. Phoneposting so I can't post it right now, but it looks....alright, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Goons elsewhere were saying it looks Syfy cheap, but goons always hate Assassin's Creed. It doesn't look cheap to me.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Aphrodite posted:

Goons elsewhere were saying it looks Syfy cheap, but goons always hate Assassin's Creed. It doesn't look cheap to me.

I don't really like Assassin's Creed the game, and the trailer didn't really get me excited but the one thing it DOESN'T look is cheap... good lord.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean, if someone invited me to see it with them, I'd probably go.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean, if someone invited me to see it with them, I'd probably go.
Aww, I'm sure someone will. We're rooting for you :ohdear:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

H-Hey!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

At first I read this as "Our kind of traKtor":

Nice:

Signs on face:

Big names and all but the poster is kinda meh:

I like this one but those marks on the wall that every horror has to have are a bit too cheesy and unnecessary:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

BonoMan posted:

I don't really like Assassin's Creed the game, and the trailer didn't really get me excited but the one thing it DOESN'T look is cheap... good lord.

Where are people saying this. They're insane. Say what you will about any other aspect of the trailer, but it certainly doesn't look cheap.

Sorry I meant to quote the other guy who was talking about goons saying it looks cheap.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

kiimo posted:

There's always Jeff Speakman, AKA The Perfect Weapon.

I loved this movie when I was a teenager and it came out. I recently rewatched it.

It...doesn't hold up

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was in Games but looks like the guy had actually seen an unofficial trailer or something.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

The trailer makes it easy to write off the film as creatively bankrupt, but what I can say this for the poster is this. Inside the theatre lobby, it will stand out.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Why not just say from Ang Lee? He's fairly well known, and Life of Pi was already 4 years ago.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SomeJazzyRat posted:

The trailer makes it easy to write off the film as creatively bankrupt, but what I can say this for the poster is this. Inside the theatre lobby, it will stand out.

AC is like...20% complete in post. The trailer scraped together whatever they could get.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Palpek posted:

Big names and all but the poster is kinda meh:

This movie is being filmed at 120fps 4K 3D, which sounds pretty nuts (War scenes like that). Too bad there is literally no single digital projector that can play it so they had to use two 4K projectors to showcase the footage.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

AC is like...20% complete in post. The trailer scraped together whatever they could get.

My "gimme the dailies so we can cut a trailer" request record is day 5 of principal photography.

Beaters
Jun 28, 2004

SOWING SEEDS
OF MISERY SINCE 1937
FRYING LIKE A FRITO
IN THE SKILLET
OF HADES
SINCE 1975
Let's see if this works.

http://www.indiewire.com/embed/player.jsp?videoId=00000153-e3da-d27c-a9f3-e3fb67130000&width=480

Beaters fucked around with this message at 23:17 on May 12, 2016

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Tony Jaa and the dude(s) from The Raid really should have gotten huge American roles by now.

Like as silly as the Marvel movies are would you really lose anything by introducing raid dude as Iron Fist at this point?

Shooting a super hero movie like a martial arts flick would get me to finally watch one so I'm on board

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Said everyone who dropped acid the first time.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Allen Wren posted:

You'd think at this point, someone was actively making sure the photography doesn't line up with the contractually-mandated order of names, just to gently caress with people.

I'm convinced I'm autistic because this bothers me so much.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Poster Six-Pack: "You're on the Poster! You're on the Poster! EVERYBODY'S ON THE POSTER!" Edition

Not sure who Frankie Avalon annoyed in marketing to get his tagline...

A proto-RKO-OUTTANOWHERE from the guy in blue!

A visual representation of Frankie Avalon's dreams?

Not such a crowded poster, but posted due to the lady on the left. Takes more than bling to impress her, Thalmus!

"ALL the extras want to be on the poster? Back to the drawing board..."

Prehistoric nymphs in the pools of paradise, huh? Zoom and enhance!

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I haven't seen this, but I know the story and this thing is gonna be packed full of twists and turns and conspiracies, all about jackin' it to videos of dudes getting tickled.

EDIT: The Dollop did a great podcast about the same subject: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDoyD9aCuJM

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 13, 2016

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I mean, to be honest, some of the effects in Assassin's Creed look slightly unfinished.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Shoehead posted:

Shooting a super hero movie like a martial arts flick would get me to finally watch one so I'm on board

God, this is what I wanna do with a treatment of Kamen Rider.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Mantis42 posted:

I mean, to be honest, some of the effects in Assassin's Creed look slightly unfinished.

Lmao

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
It's shocking to me that video game models have gotten complicated enough that their gently caress ups can even look like that. In my day, a face was a texture applied to a boxy vaguely head shaped thing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mantis42 posted:

:roflolmao:

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Mantis42 posted:

Haha nice

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Ah Michel Gondry. This is gonna be fruity/french as gently caress but also good.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Someone in my Facebook feed linked this so have some neat Soviet science fiction posters! Supposedly Soviet at least, some of the movies on there are from after the fall of the Union so I dunno what makes them Soviet.
Lilac Ball (1987)

Teens in the Universe (1974)

Professor Dowell's Testament (1984)

Through The Thorns To The Stars (1980)

Woebin fucked around with this message at 13:41 on May 13, 2016

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Woebin posted:

Someone in my Facebook feed linked this
Nice, I forgot how good Solaris posters were:

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Good God, what are those parachutes attached to?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Liberal Idiot posted:

Good God, what are those parachutes attached to?
Butt plugs.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I'd love a copy of that last Solaris poster.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Hope you got the big bucks!
http://www.polishposter.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=0444

Or if you're not Mr. Monopoly:
http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Solaris-Polish-Style-Posters_i8035485_.htm

dreadnought
Dec 28, 2006

:rolleyes:
Man, there are so many gorgeous posters on that Polish Poster site. I might have to buy this one: http://www.polishposter.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=4917

Edit: Upon closer inspection, it seems like a lot of these were designed retroactively or for special events or something and weren't the posters from the initial run of the film in Poland. Still cool though.

dreadnought fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 14, 2016

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

In case anyone missed it.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Ouch. Had any experience with allposters? How's the quality?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Courage Knowledge Power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

kiimo posted:

In case anyone missed it.

Shoehead posted: