Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So, some of these tales from other Goons

May have been recorded. Poorly, but recorded!

You'll have to deal with my POV and running commentary so you know, have fun with that. I'll post the rest, and honestly the BEST, tomorrow, but first a warm up. Our first match of the night from my perspective, and a good idea of how choppy the game is going to look coming from me. Come experience my hell. Come see the adventures of

The Goon Squad VS Friday the 13th

Starring in

Goons VS LastDancer Round 1 (In Which Burk Helps No One)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsHsYcLBNqY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

So, some of these tales from other Goons

May have been recorded. Poorly, but recorded!

You'll have to deal with my POV and running commentary so you know, have fun with that. I'll post the rest, and honestly the BEST, tomorrow, but first a warm up. Our first match of the night from my perspective, and a good idea of how choppy the game is going to look coming from me. Come experience my hell. Come see the adventures of

The Goon Squad VS Friday the 13th

Starring in

Goons VS LastDancer Round 1 (In Which Burk Helps No One)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsHsYcLBNqY

If you raise your CPU usage settings to superfast or ultrafast it should help with some of the choppiness. Also lowering the bitrate helps but the video might look a little more pixelated.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jun 19, 2017

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
He said his game isn't much better when he's not recording. I suspect the fact that he's stuck with this GT720 card doesn't help:

or it might be vsync related

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jun 19, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So to explain a few things. This isn't much worse than how I normally see the game, and what you see is EXACTLY what I saw while playing. This is how I live, guys. This is how I play. This is how I exist. Some times things happen, and some times I'm involved, some times I'm not. You just go where the game takes you. Random chance for life.

Speaking of, all of these were recorded in a batch. After this, I'm going to gently caress with the settings a bit- the video might end up looking worse due to it, but it also might run smoother, so it's going to be an either or kinda thing. We'll see what happens. I still feel like I need to share the full Burk experience and try to explain what the gently caress happens to me in games, because I do not know how to better describe it than by sharing it from my point of view.

Here are the rest of the games I was apart of.

Part 2. In Which Duster Kills Everyone (Especially Burk)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFNAfYeAOZM

Part 3. In Which Burk Makes Friends (And Helps Kill Weekly)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNSQln6D7sg

Part 4. In Which Burk Chads So Hard (And Got So Far)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h0vaZrBXs8

Part 5. In Which Nothing Happens (And That's Okay)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eDy5WbTn0w

Part 6. In Which LastDancer Is The Best (And Tragedy Strikes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btIjXbMOPDU

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Scalding Coffee posted:

Had a fun round where I spawned by the car and phone box and decided to make my stand here. I got set up and saw Jason chasing people who brought over gas and battery and hit him with a flare from a long distance. I flawlessly installed the battery and ran back into the cabins. It looked like Jason gave up and I saw the fuse by the box. Oh joy. I set off two traps at the box and got crippled. No Jason. I did have a fellow goon right there with a spray and healed himself with it. I flawlessly fixed the phone box and dragged my rear end inside the building since I was convinced he was trolling me and ignored using the phone. The power dies when I get inside the building and was surprised the phone still worked and called the cops. Now for the fun part.
Jason now shows up and starts complaining about something and the chase was on. I camped the door, stunned him, and felt successful when the screen got messed up. I think Jason missed a grab and the chase continued into each cabin as I opened and closed doors in his way. We traded swings and broke some weapons, but another counselor who long since left the area dropped weapons in the cabins for me, allowing me to continue to fight Jason. This went on for several minutes before the door RNG failed me and he swatted me down. Half the group left while Jason was chasing me. I see the last stand of Burk taking a swing at Jason and standing there like a dunce, while his friend runs past the door and into the trap they were told not to set. Burk dies messily and the second chase occurs with the counselor wearing the sweater the whole time, not using it until at the police escape. MVP is easily I.

Burkion posted:

Part 4. In Which Burk Chads So Hard (And Got So Far)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h0vaZrBXs8

The above description (I believe) was the match in the video above

Burkion posted:

Part 6. In Which LastDancer Is The Best (And Tragedy Strikes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btIjXbMOPDU

I'm just going to go on record that everything in the video above that happens after I essentially give up and go home was not planned out ahead of time I had no idea he was recording that, that is literally me being dumb and entertaining myself.

Also, there was a whole bit where I shift over to the cop car and talk to the sheriff about arresting the teens for being unruly and rude, but the game crashed for everyone else so no one saw it. However:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdqoNKCCt7A

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jun 19, 2017

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
That's right kids, it's time for
ADVENTURES OF COUNSELOR TINFOIL!

Starring:
Tinfoil Papercut as Vanessa
Duster as Adam
Burk as LaChappa
MacheteZombie as Tommy
and LastDancer as Jason

Episode 1

Burk: *Spawns at Packanack, dies alone and helpless within the first 40 seconds.*
Tinfoil: "All right! I got the battery and keys, anyone seen the car?"
Duster: "Put that down scrub, we're going to kill Jason. Go get the sweater and don't die.
Tinfoil: *Shrugs* "OK!"
Machete: "What do I press? E?"
Duster: "PRESS EEEE!!
LastDancer Oh balls...
*Jason killed*
Duster: "GET WRECKED SCRUB!"

Episode 2

Burk: *Finds shotgun, hides in cabinet*
Duster: *over walkie* "gently caress you scrub. Have to grab kill me like a bitc..." *blood / death sounds*
Machete: *blood / death sounds*
Tinfoil: "Oh poo poo.." *Tries to put battery in as Vanessa*
LastDancer: "AHA I see what you're doing there you bloody Yankees. You'll never get that petroleum in, you lollynancy!"
Tinfoil: *Runs away*
Burk: *Pops out of closet*
Tinfoil: "Burk, listen Duster got the fuse in, we have to.."
*BLAAAM*
Burk: "OH GOD, I THOUGHT YOU WERE JASON! OH GOD, I'M SORRY TINFOIL!"

*These scenarios are inspired by actual events.*

Tinfoil Papercut fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jun 19, 2017

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Is it even possible to mash out of a grab if the Jason just hits kill right away? I always just hammer the choke kill button as soon as I grab someone and I have never had anyone without a pocket knife get out, and I have never been able to get out of a grip unless the Jason is trying to do an environmental kill on me. I don't see the point of even having grip stats.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Is it even possible to mash out of a grab if the Jason just hits kill right away? I always just hammer the choke kill button as soon as I grab someone and I have never had anyone without a pocket knife get out, and I have never been able to get out of a grip unless the Jason is trying to do an environmental kill on me. I don't see the point of even having grip stats.

It depends on a few things. Jason doesn't have access to his kills immediately unless your fear is very high, so if you're someone with good composure and you've kept your fear as low as possible you can sometimes manage it, especially if the Jason in question has weak grip. But usually if you're at the point where Jason's grabbing you, your fear is not very low, and he'll kill you pretty quick. I know that while playing as Savini Jason, early-game I do have a lot of counselors manage to wriggle out of my grasp just due to the fear/weak grip thing adding up. If Jason is playing well though that's not really going to be an issue since it's not hard to knock fear levels up enough to get kills quickly.

Mashing out is an option, sometimes, but it's more a desperation move than anything.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Plus Jason needs enough room/footing to do some kills. Like the part 8 axe-toss can't be done in a bathroom for obvious reasons.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Not unless they don't have enough space for a kill animation.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Drunken Baker posted:

Plus Jason needs enough room/footing to do some kills. Like the part 8 axe-toss can't be done in a bathroom for obvious reasons.

Yeah, this is also why as Jason you want to make sure you have at least one kill that doesn't require any floorspace, like the choke or the hug. Sometimes you don't have a chance to get them to a clear area for the fancy stuff.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

That's right kids, it's time for
ADVENTURES OF COUNSELOR TINFOIL!

Starring:
Tinfoil Papercut as Vanessa
Duster as Adam
Burk as LaChappa
MacheteZombie as Tommy
and LastDancer as Jason

Episode 1

Burk: *Spawns at Packanack, dies alone and helpless within the first 40 seconds.*
Duster: "Put that down scrub, we're going to kill Jason. Go get the sweater and don't die.
Tinfoil: *Shrugs* "OK!"
Machete: "What do I press? E?"
Duster: "PRESS EEEE!!
LastDancer Oh balls...
*Jason killed*
Duster: "GET WRECKED SCRUB!"

Episode 2

Burk: *Finds shotgun, hides in cabinet*
Duster: *over walkie* "gently caress you scrub. Have to grab kill me like a bitc..." *blood / death sounds*
Machete: *blood / death sounds*
Tinfoil: "Oh poo poo.." *Tries to put battery in as Vanessa*
LastDancer: "AHA I see what you're doing there you bloody Yankees. You'll never get that petroleum in, you lollynancy!"
Tinfoil: *Runs away*
Burk: *Pops out of closet*
Tinfoil: "Burk, listen Duster got the fuse in, we have to.."
*BLAAAM*
Burk: "OH GOD, I THOUGHT YOU WERE JASON! OH GOD, I'M SORRY TINFOIL!"

*These scenarios are inspired by actual events.*

Hey

Hey

I've never accidentally shot you before

I have been witness to plenty of others that have however.

Also seriously if you guys do not watch a single other video, watch that last one. None of that is rehearsed, Dancer didn't even know I was camming him while I was away. That is pure, 100%, LastDancer improv while he awaits the end.

This poo poo is just what we do in our games. This is why this is the best game.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I've heard Jason 8 be called the "Worst Jason" before. The most recent time I heard this was last night when I went 8/8 with no Tommy call after a counselor head start because I bugged out for a minute. Jason 8 just really fits my play style well for a variety of reasons:

• He looks very Jason-esque. Like when you picture Jason, he is close to what comes to mind.

• I hate the phone. my tactic is to place all my traps at the phone with him. All 5. I may hold a couple back to re-deploy after a failed repair attempt, but they're all going there pretty much. As such, I tend not to have to worry about the phone.

• If a boat spawns on the map, I don't really have to worry about the boat either because it's so easy for him to shut down. Last night I waited in the water behind a rock with stalk on and watched them climb in to their certain doom.

• His destruction speed gives me the ability to put an immense amount of pressure on counselors early game. This stops them from thoroughly looting cabins and creates (with the above two bullets) a great situation for me in terms of objective denial.

• I underestimated the benefits of stalk previously. Using Morph - Stalk - shift- grab I can guarantee the loss of at least one pocketknife. This is great for surprising or outright killing good counselors. You haven't truly won unless Duster calls you a "grab kill bitch."

• My approach as Jason usually involves killing the power boxes and raising fear levels through marauding and injury - this easily compensates for his weaker sense.

• I'm not an obsessive-compulsive environment killer like some people - I'm not above killing you with the first one which lights up or LMB spam. This negates his weaker grip strength. (Plus your fear level is high, see above)

• No weaknesses to the mobility powers like Jason 7, no defense or stun resistance weaknesses either.

• Thrown axe kill. (Why is this called "backstabbed?")

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Looks like time to order a new mic. I sounded muted and I was yelling into it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I've managed to go 7/7 or 8/8 with every Jason I've unlocked except Part 2. I don't think any of them are particularly overpowered over another.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'm so loving hard for NES Jason yall

I'm phone posting but trailer is on twitter. 13K free CP, double XPweekend on the 23rd, two new outfits per character, NES Jason with a chiptune soundtrack. All free on the 20th

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

chitoryu12 posted:

I've managed to go 7/7 or 8/8 with every Jason I've unlocked except Part 2. I don't think any of them are particularly overpowered over another.

Part 7 is the hardest to play, I believe. The lack of traps and low powered shift makes it very difficult to deny the car / phone. The bad shift hurts double because it also makes it hard to grab people, which impacts one of his strengths. The sense is very nice, so at least you'll know what the counselors are up to. You just wont be able to do anything about it unless it's the boat.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/876816793796571136

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

weekly font posted:

I'm phone posting but trailer is on twitter. 13K free CP, double XPweekend on the 23rd, two new outfits per character, NES Jason with a chiptune soundtrack. All free on the 20th

I never thought they would actually do it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress

Everyone should share this everywhere

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

NES Jason with the wacky colors and chiptunes is so good, those new outfits look pretty great too. Cannot wait to blow all that free CP on garbage rolls

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

weekly font posted:

I can't tell if he's shitposting about the NES Jason because I'm at work and the video won't load.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I can't tell if he's shitposting about the NES Jason because I'm at work and the video won't load.

NES Jason is real this is not a drill

Chiptunes are activated

Free NES Jason

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

:allears: :neckbeard:

I'm so excited for that 8bit Jason you guys. NES Jason all day. Don't give a gently caress about his stats, neon nightmare every match I play as Jason.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Burkion posted:

NES Jason is real this is not a drill

Chiptunes are activated

Free NES Jason

:gizz:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

No poo poo post I'm rock hard irl

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I got it to work, is he just a reskin of Jason III or is he his own thing? I need to know this information.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I got it to work, is he just a reskin of Jason III or is he his own thing? I need to know this information.

Man, I would be stoked either way.

If he's his own thing, that could lead to some really loving great joke kills.

If he's a reskin that you can select on III, that opens the doors to the others getting alternate skins and recolors, and that could lead to some brilliant things

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Burkion posted:

Man, I would be stoked either way.

If he's his own thing, that could lead to some really loving great joke kills.

If he's a reskin that you can select on III, that opens the doors to the others getting alternate skins and recolors, and that could lead to some brilliant things

Savini Skin not being a skin makes me guess some shuffled skills. Motherfucker should have the fastest water speed at least.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

weekly font posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWdlN5b25Tk

:flashfap:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
If NES Jason isn't a rocketboat in the water they messed up big time.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
I just had the glitchiest game as Jason yet. Right before I played I was reading Tinfoils post about trapping the phone. I thought I will try out trapping the gently caress out of the phone too. After that I did my destroying power boxes thing and like 2 minutes into the round, I heard a couple traps go off. So I teleport in and there are three people trying to repair the fuse box. I actually heard someone say how many loving traps are there? As I am walking over to try and kill them all one of them steps on another trap and dies. I chase them around and let one get away because I am still trying to get all the power out and make sure there isn't an easy exit for everyone.

Overall they are pretty good players and they surprise me with managing to get both the sweater and Tommy. Out of nowhere someone knocks my mask off and I get stunned by the sweater. I realize too late what is happening. While stunned Tommy has already hit me but I can only guess he did it wrong? I hit 1 and teleported away. I randomly landed near a Vanessa and choked her out. It's not interesting but after that every time I would grab someone and start a kill the game would teleport us both to that Vanessa's body. I am not sure what was happening but after that everyone game decided I was a hacker.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I hope NES Jason is equipped with a giant toothbrush.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
*Insert dink comment on him not having a machete*

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Scalding Coffee posted:

I hope NES Jason is equipped with a giant toothbrush.

I thought I was the only one who saw that or a shower brush.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Holy poo poo, NES Jason but it kinda looks like he's a reskin so I assume he won't have new kills. I'm so down though.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
From the tone of it this sounds like planned paid DLC they're giving freely because they hosed up in the first two weeks.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

He does the axe throw like you see on Jason 8 in that vid right? So maybe there's new skills. Double exp, + free cp and a new Jason? Looks like I know how I'll be spending most of my game time this weekend.

E: Also here's a youtuber I watch getting very salty at bad pubbies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET-I3OjlXqs

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jun 19, 2017

Diesel Fucker
Aug 14, 2003

I spent my rent money on tentacle porn.
I was contemplating changing my avatar anyway. This just seals the deal, I guess.

OH MAN! Went 8/8 the first time I've ever had a full server AND been Jason AND not lost connection... But didn't get the achievement because I guess if people leave before the end it doesn't count? Rats cocks.

Diesel Fucker fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jun 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

From the tone of it this sounds like planned paid DLC they're giving freely because they hosed up in the first two weeks.

Those clothes are also not the Backer DLC pack either, so it is something entirely new.

• Locked thread