Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Crows Turn Off posted:

Voted in MO so my vote is basically worthless, but did my part any way.

Same, but South Dakota.

Though I do think our Weed Amendment/Medicare expansion will pass, aside from that I don't have much hope even though our idiot governor was panicking about internal polling shortly after RvW was repealed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

We've lost the early bird special vote.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

This will probably need to be repeated tonight, but early votes in Philadelphia are going to be counted EXTREMELY SLOWLY tonight. It will be the last place in the state to finish.

Previously in prior elections the county where Philadelphia was located in used a different procedure to count early votes than the rest of the rest which took a lot longer. They wanted to change to use the same procedure as the rest of the state, but the GOP sued in court and forced them, and only them, to keep using that slower procedure.

So if the GOP in PA does end up being destined to narrowly lose, they have set up a red mirage situation that disappears very slowly with everyone screaming "why is Philadelphia taking so drat long?!?", well the GOP set it up that way on purpose to claim fraud.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yeah i think nevada is hosed despite rawlsons prediction.

Rigel posted:

This will probably need to be repeated tonight, but early votes in Philadelphia are going to be counted EXTREMELY SLOWLY tonight. It will be the last place in the state to finish.

Previously in prior elections the county where Philadelphia was located in used a different procedure to count early votes than the rest of the rest which took a lot longer. They wanted to change to use the same procedure as the rest of the state, but the GOP sued in court and forced them, and only them, to keep using that slower procedure.

So if the GOP in PA does end up being destined to narrowly lose, they have set up a red mirage situation that disappears very slowly with everyone screaming "why is Philadelphia taking so drat long?!?", well the GOP set it up that way on purpose to claim fraud.

exactly but if philly is the last on the list, we will probably have a good idea if fetterman is hosed or not slightly "earlier" then usual.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Typical Pubbie posted:

We've lost the early bird special vote.

Who votes that early in the morning other than old people?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Mustang posted:

I don't THINK I'm old, but I was at the polls when they opened at 6am on my way to work and there were lines. I live in the area between the suburbs and the farmland in MO... not sure if that area has a specific designation other than "lovely."

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Automata 10 Pack posted:

https://truthout.org/articles/georgias-governor-deputized-gop-vigilantes-to-challenge-149000-voters/

So nearly 150,000 voters have been blocked by the GOP in Georgia already. How are they doing this so quickly? They’re using a list provided by the “Trust the Vote”, the organization that made that Russia map using “2000 Mules” documentary.

So uh, Georgia’s going red. Lol.

Jesus loving christ this is obscene

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Crows Turn Off posted:

I don't THINK I'm old, but I was at the polls when they opened at 6am on my way to work and there were lines. I live in the area between the suburbs and the farmland in MO... not sure if that area has a specific designation other than "lovely."

I was early too, but I was completely surrounded by olds.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Mustang posted:

I used to go super early (well, like 7am-ish) to vote. Then I'd treat myself to a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich before going to the office.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Mustang posted:

I voted a little before 7 this morning on my way to work

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

What are some good resources to follow as results roll in tonight?

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Vote report: at 11:30am there was a line in my super-blue gerrymandered college district, a short one but I don't think I've seen that before in the last 3 elections where I voted around this time. Because VA state elections are in odd years there was exactly one (1) item up for vote this time and it's our congressman who's going to win by like 80% so it felt very anti-climactic.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

https://twitter.com/JohnRSamuelsen/status/1590029051875721217?cxt=HHwWgoDUufK_9ZAsAAAA

So :shrug:.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
I would imagine Clark County has a ton of service workers with all sorts of weird hosed up work schedules

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

I knew it, we're all going to be staring at lines and bar charts of Nevada for the next 12-24 hours

e: fixed

Youth Decay fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 8, 2022

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Don't Republicans have to expand their lead to overcome the Dem's EV firewall?

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Accelerationism and dooming is inherently a priveledged viewpoint and should be treated as such and lambasted

Automata 10 Pack posted:

🙏

Also, please stop letting the stochastic terrorists get to you. It is good news if Dems win.

"The vanity of despair."

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

I'm in philly and the election worker here said there were so many people it was making his head spin. They were kinda overwhelmed.

(though, this is partially because they had the line broken up by last names of "A-M" and "N-Z" and for some reason there just weren't any people with N-Z last names. over a dozen people in the A-M line and barely one in the other line, even when they had someone going through checking with everyone what their last names are. I guess it's just some kind of demo thing and N-Z names aren't popular... but it did really bog down the system, since one poll worker had to do all the work while the rest just sat there and shouted "hey any N-Z people? what about you? no? sigh")

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

XboxPants posted:

I'm in philly and the election worker here said there were so many people it was making his head spin. They were kinda overwhelmed.

(though, this is partially because they had the line broken up by last names of "A-M" and "N-Z" and for some reason there just weren't any people with N-Z last names. over a dozen people in the A-M line and barely one in the other line, even when they had someone going through checking with everyone what their last names are. I guess it's just some kind of demo thing and N-Z names aren't popular... but it did really bog down the system, since one poll worker had to do all the work while the rest just sat there and shouted "hey any N-Z people? what about you? no? sigh")

nice. if philly and pittsburgh turnout is good eday as well as mail/ev then fetterman is probably good.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Youth Decay posted:

I knew it, we're all going to be staring at lines and bar charts of Nevada for the next 12-24 hours

Oh my sweet summer child

Those hours are actually DAYS :unsmigghh:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

Oh my sweet summer child

this. PA and alot of the senate seats will be days.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

TulliusCicero posted:

Oh my sweet summer child

yeah I had days originally but then thought I had misremembered and that only PA was going to do that poo poo but nope

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Like i remember the unholy clusterfuck that was the election counting thread in 2020 and watching loving old assholes slowly count NV and Arizona for a loving week and a half.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/11/08/politics/florida-justice-department/index.html

Uhhhhhh

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

TulliusCicero posted:

Like i remember the unholy clusterfuck that was the election counting thread in 2020 and watching loving old assholes slowly count NV and Arizona for a loving week and a half.

Yeah every election is going to be challenged in every state and this is how it's going to be forever.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

I mean we're gonna lose Florida anyway, but Ron DeSantis is absolutely flexing his wannabe dictator muscles.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Youth Decay posted:

I mean we're gonna lose Florida anyway, but Ron DeSantis is absolutely flexing his wannabe dictator muscles.

Can this dude step in it enough that Biden has him arrested? So loving tired of hearing about this loving Grooming clown

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Nov 8, 2022

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I NEED THE NEEDLE OF HOPE. GIVE ME THE NEEDLE OF DOOM. THE NEEDLE OF UNCERTAINTY IS THE ONLY RELIEF.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

cr0y posted:

I NEED THE NEEDLE OF HOPE. GIVE ME THE NEEDLE OF DOOM. THE NEEDLE OF UNCERTAINTY IS THE ONLY RELIEF.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

TulliusCicero posted:

Can this dude step in it enough that Biden has him arrested? So loving tired of hearing about this loving Grooming clown

Do you really think that would happen even if it were technically possible?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

TulliusCicero posted:

us is not equipped to resist fascism as we're all about to see

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

All three counties in question have Democratic officials overseeing their elections, and DoJ observers will be outside the polling places - they just can't go inside.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1590037314847531010 Have Kirk having a dooming fit.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

quote:

Milwaukee election official charged with felony for fake ballots
Return to menu
By Patrick Marley

MADISON, Wis. — Prosecutors charged a former Milwaukee election official with one felony and three misdemeanors Friday for sending ballots under fake names to a state lawmaker to expose weaknesses in the state’s voting system.

Kimberly Zapata told prosecutors that she used a state website to have three military ballots sent to the home of state Rep. Janel Brandtjen (R) under the names of fictitious voters, according to the criminal complaint. Zapata said she sent them to show that Republicans who have raised questions about how elections are conducted have focused on the wrong issues.

Unlike almost every other state, Wisconsin allows service members to cast ballots without registering to vote. A state website permits people to order military ballots without proof of residency.

Milwaukee Mayor Cavalier Johnson this week fired Zapata as deputy elections director. Zapata worked for the city’s election commission for seven years but was newly appointed as deputy director.

Zapata sent the ballots to the lawmaker because the chairwoman of the state assembly’s elections committee had focused on an array of debunked theories that election officials have called preposterous.

“Zapata did this because she wanted to make a point that there is fraud in existence,” wrote investigator Thomas Meverden in the complaint. “She stated that it is not the conspiracy theories out there, but she wanted to bring the actual true fraud out.”

The complaint charges Zapata with felony misconduct in office and three misdemeanor counts of making false statements to obtain absentee ballots. She faces a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a $13,000 fine.

Zapata’s attorney, Michael Maistelman, declined to comment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/11/04/election-2022-live-updates-biden-harris/#link-FVBANPAFVFG7HLPA5GRTSZO77Q

Lol. Every single time. Every single time. Well, at least there's an upside of spreading lies about polls: it gets a lot of idiots to self incriminate.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Uh, this is a weird one. Why is he freaking out so much about Lake winning, I thought she was pretty much a shoe-in?

If anything I would think he would be projecting confidence to help shore up the 'The Democrats are cheating!!!' narrative if its close. Absolutely baffling.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Zore posted:

Uh, this is a weird one. Why is he freaking out so much about Lake winning, I thought she was pretty much a shoe-in?

Maybe spook his audience into voting/violence?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Chuds get off on panic, that's why.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, if you project confidence and certainty people will relax and not vote. Same reason all the Democrat fundraising emails are written like the world's already ending

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I voted in Ohio

NOW DOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Automata 10 Pack posted:

Maybe spook his audience into voting/violence?

Right but you'd think they'd be going for more of the 'We're actually winning, the perfidious DEMOCRATS are gonna steal it!!' in that case. It's not like Kirk is above pushing that line.