Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Dadliest Worrier posted:

That LTD with those wheels is definitely in the right thread.

Imagined posted:

Another sweet rear end concept that was never made.

An article about it https://designyoutrust.com/2019/05/this-futuristic-1966-ford-ranger-ii-concept-truck/

I really need to see a video of the cab roof sliding back to make space for rear seats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
There's a good reason they don't rally car like these very often, but I'm glad when they do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt2VJEOuGKY

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

mobby_6kl posted:

There's a good reason they don't rally car like these very often, but I'm glad when they do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt2VJEOuGKY

This video popped up in my suggestions too and I was coming here to post it. I’m all in on this Motorsport!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Is there something I'm missing with the SA phone app with photos?

I got awesome ones.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

that is 5000 percent my poo poo.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That car has to be easy as poo poo to work on and fabricate parts for, simple RWD platform, looks like fun.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Via Car and Driver:

rats driving cars

https://i.imgur.com/gr8Zzxi.mp4

Dr. Memory
Jul 10, 2001

Ah, fuck the end of the world.

Imagined posted:

Another sweet rear end concept that was never made.

An article about it https://designyoutrust.com/2019/05/this-futuristic-1966-ford-ranger-ii-concept-truck/

That led me to this: https://designyoutrust.com/2019/09/the-very-rare-1980-4-door-chevrolet-corvette/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

coming soon, Uber but instead of human drivers, it's just rats that you feed froot loops to.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DiggityDoink posted:

coming soon, Uber but instead of human drivers, it's just rats that you feed froot loops to.

I think feeding rats fruit loops would be more expensive than what they pay human drivers.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Powershift posted:

I think feeding rats fruit loops would be more expensive than what they pay human drivers.

having driven for Uber, i can say this is probably actually true

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

If the rat can drive me to my destination without veering wildly into other lanes I'm willing to buy a box of Froot Loops to pay for the journey.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Colostomy Bag posted:

Is there something I'm missing with the SA phone app with photos?

I got awesome ones.

Hit [bb]
Insert imgur
Upload "from image"
Check insert as thumbnail
Upload
BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

This is like 50% of a Casanova Frankenstein

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

If abnormally long discoVettes are your thing...

Boy do I have good news for you.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

There's a good reason they don't rally car like these very often, but I'm glad when they do:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt2VJEOuGKY

Applebees Appetizer posted:

That car has to be easy as poo poo to work on and fabricate parts for, simple RWD platform, looks like fun.

Yeah, except Sweden.
It's got to be 3X or more expensive or a lot of the parts, not to mention shipping delays.
And body parts even here in the States... I'd be terrified of smacking them intos a tree. That big ol' girl, especially. What is that, a 500?

edit: Part 2, which includes first-gen Mustang:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tftjNFLkaNw

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Oct 25, 2019

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Debating on which thread...

This is Gardner Minshew airbrushed. Plays QB for the NFL Jags (that in of itself should make it go to the other thread.)

But hey, I have made respect for a man that walks off team plane looking like this:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

hahaha that owns

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.

Reminds me of a Panamera, just without that whole bloated corpse aesthetic.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

metaxus posted:

Reminds me of a Panamera, just without that whole bloated corpse aesthetic.

Turn your monitor on

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

iospace posted:

Turn your monitor on

Was gonna say. DiscoVettes are pretty much the pioneers of the bloated corpse vibe.

350 cubic inches. 165hp.

:getin:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

there can be only one pixel

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

MrYenko posted:

Was gonna say. DiscoVettes are pretty much the pioneers of the bloated corpse vibe.

350 cubic inches. 165hp.

:getin:

I'm not sure I should admit to this, but damned if I don't like that thing more than a stock 1980 Vette. The asking price is straight up idiotic, but I kind of dig the car.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Try that

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That could be horribly misinterpreted by somebody who doesn't get the highlander thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Powershift posted:

That could be horribly misinterpreted by somebody who doesn't get the highlander thing.

True but who'd want to know someone who hasn't seen Highlander?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
^^^its bad tho

Fender Anarchist posted:

there can be only one pixel

lmao

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BraveUlysses posted:

^^^its bad tho

Look at how horribly wrong you are. Shameful.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BraveUlysses posted:

^^^its bad tho

Look at this bad post

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

BraveUlysses posted:

^^^its bad tho

This guy is right. I used to watch those movies with my neighbor friend, but I tried re-watching them recently and they were just bad.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Look at how horribly wrong you are. Shameful.

sorry you have bad taste??? 12 year old me watched too many episodes on USA network back in the day

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

To be fair the first movie is the only good one.

The TV show doesn't even count lol.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

What scares me is it's right in the middle of the era of movies that have been getting pillaged for reboots. It's only a matter of time before it's Highlander's turn.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

To be fair the first movie is the only good one.

The TV show doesn't even count lol.

The rest of the movies suck mainly because the first movie *ended* and didn’t leave the story open for continuation. They had to seriously contrive some poo poo to make the sequels, and they were clearly just money grabs. The series was at least better than the sequels, being set before the first movie, and had a few interesting concepts.
I don’t recall any awesome car poo poo in Highlander, sadly, but it has been a long while since I’ve watched it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Highlander 2 is yeah, a fuckin mess. But Connerly is worth the watch. 3 is back to the "normal" world of the first film but it still sucks. 4 is the hybrid of the films and show and is notorious for being hacked to bits and the plot makes almost no sense. And then 5 is a total what the gently caress. Adrian Paul is really bitter about that one.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Darchangel posted:

The rest of the movies suck mainly because the first movie *ended* and didn’t leave the story open for continuation. They had to seriously contrive some poo poo to make the sequels, and they were clearly just money grabs. The series was at least better than the sequels, being set before the first movie, and had a few interesting concepts.
I don’t recall any awesome car poo poo in Highlander, sadly, but it has been a long while since I’ve watched it.

The black '64 T-Bird and river barge house were both pretty cool.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

T-minus 4 posts before somehow a Highlander movie/car talk derail poo poo goes into Star Wars.

edit: Not complaining, just find interactions funny sometimes.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Colostomy Bag posted:

T-minus 4 posts before somehow a Highlander movie/car talk derail poo poo goes into Star Wars.

edit: Not complaining, just find interactions funny sometimes.

Huge nerds gonna huge nerd. I say this as a huge nerd.

I have fond memories of the TV show, but even as a kid I knew it was dumb for a TV show. More of a cartoon that just happened to be live action and had a sweet theme song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
gently caress you if you dont love the original Highlander soundtrack.