Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
One of the worst feelings is your dry skin constantly rubbing against paper making it even more dry

This feels really gross and is giving me the shivers in a not so good way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
how are you rubbing your face on paper like that?

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
Weirdly enough I also have skin on my hands

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Chiba City Blues posted:

Weirdly enough I also have skin on my hands

Gross

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

exfoliate more

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

this morning I had to spend 3 hours pretending to be interested in graphene
yaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
also I was playing with hydrophobic sand and some of the coating came off and got on my hands so now I have mildly hydrophobic hands

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
I am legitimately interested in graphene but all I ever do with it is sputter coat things

stimulated emission fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Mar 18, 2014

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Graphene is cool. It makes big balls. Ha.

I guess you can't wash off hydrophobic hands in the shower.

If you had graphene balls with hydrophobic coating... would they be big dirty balls?

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Schmetterling posted:

If you had graphene balls with hydrophobic coating... would they be big dirty balls?
ok now I am interested in graphene again

although my favourite science terms will always be 'copper nanotube' (abbreviation: oval office) and arsol
somebody spent time doing something otherwise entirely useless just so they could publish a paper titled 'ring expansion of arsols' and I can respect that

vaguely fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 4, 2014

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Chiba City Blues posted:

One of the worst feelings is your dry skin constantly rubbing against paper making it even more dry

This feels really gross and is giving me the shivers in a not so good way

During the fall and winter, I had a job sorting through paperwork so my fingertips were basically like sandpaper between the paper and the cold weather. So just reading your post gave me the shivers.

(The worst was when I would touch fabric and stick to it like velcro. :gonk: )

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

I decided to do something about my awful blemishy face and started a new skincare routine today, here's hoping it works!

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Meis posted:

I decided to do something about my awful blemishy face and started a new skincare routine today, here's hoping it works!

get on the Korean skincare product train, I'm down to just tinted moisturizer and whatever eyeshadow I feel like after 3 weeks.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

get on the Korean skincare product train, I'm down to just tinted moisturizer and whatever eyeshadow I feel like after 3 weeks.

Yes do this, my skin fuggin glows now thanks to korean skincare.

Speaking of, I need to make another trip to pretty & cute to put in an order for some more goodies.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Today was facial day, I can't stop petting my face like its a pretty catte cause my skins so drat soft. I like http://en.koreadepart.com/ but delivery does take a minute.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

:nws:

This lady's sketch comics are fun and cool!

So is the webcomic that led me there, The Last Halloween! At first I thought it would be cute and nice and fun but the very first page has a close up of a guy with his face burnt off so jokes on me, its actually kinda gross and a little scary in parts but with cute goofy art in-between those bits!

Edit: Is this your dream Avshalom.

http://www.jspowerhour.com/comics/98

Schmetterling fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Mar 18, 2014

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
i want my mans dong to smell like clean laundry or an island ocean breeze

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

I would be super happy if when dudes dropped their pants they turned up the bass, something a la tigra and bunny.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I think she would fit right in here. I think I love this.

http://www.jspowerhour.com/comics/94

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'd like something like that caramel Yankee candle I can't find anymore for dong scent. Who is going to make this happen.

Looking over whatsapps from 8am today to bf:
Sorry you're in work. I'm dying.
Legit might pass away
Know that I love you before
I leave this world
You're beautiful
In your face and your soul

Clearly still steamboats. Maybe attempting poetry. I'm adorable.

teenytinymouse fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Mar 18, 2014

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

I don't think I can afford to import skincare stuff from korea. I just bought a bunch of regular skincare stuff too, blarg. Maybe some day I will, when I become a pro self-beautician or whatever!

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Shannonmcn posted:

I'd like something like that caramel Yankee candle I can't find anymore for dong scent. Who is going to make this happen.

Looking over whatsapps from 8am today to bf:
Sorry you're in work. I'm dying.
Legit might pass away
Know that I love you before
I leave this world
You're beautiful
In your face and your soul

Clearly still steamboats. Maybe attempting poetry. I'm adorable.

yes you ARE :3:

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Awww.

"steamboats"?

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Steamboats is my favourite word describing being incapacitated due to heavy alcohol consumption.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
Please don't die :ohdear:

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Its 3 in the afternoon now and I'm sober and like 82% sure I'm not going to die.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Schmetterling posted:

I think she would fit right in here. I think I love this.

http://www.jspowerhour.com/comics/94
this is the best thing I think I have ever put into my eye holes

and Shannon you are adorbs

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I had to go to the dentist yesterday boooooo

I also didn't get online yesterday due to feeling lovely and I skipped the last 32 pages, so if you said a thing to me, say it again.

Also today is my birthday :toot: no I do not have any plans, other than give myself the day off work, listen to music, run around with my kid, be lazy otherwise, andddddd that's it.

I did see these though

Portals posted:

that's awful, fabulist. :ohdear:

I'm glad you made it through though - how long ago was that?

It sucked real bad, yeah. It would have been worse if I hadn't had GA, that helped me kind of be semi-conscious until they hooked up my morphine. The recovery nurses were awesome about everything, apparently as soon as I started waking up, I started going "WHERE'S (kid name)? HOW IS HE?" and they'd tell me he was in the NICU (baby ICU)* but he was just fine. I'd drift off for a couple minutes, wake up, and go "WHERE's (kid name)?" again. I guess I did that about seven times. They thought it was funny, from the way they were laughing when they told me about it. I also asked them if they were sure the doc 'put all my guts back in right' apparently. They were seriously wonderful, though, as one was hooking up my morphine thing, the other was calling for someone to come and get me and wheel me down to see my kid as soon as possible. The morphine kicked in on the way down there, so the first thing I said to his father was "Wow, he's got huge balls!" To be fair, he did have huge balls for a newborn, and I wasn't allowed to sit up, so I was looking at him from angles that accentuated that.

Was November of 2011, so a while ago. The scar still itches. I can feel all of my stomach, though, hooray. For almost a year afterwards, most of my lower stomach had no feeling and it was weird.

*He was in there because he got in a big loving hurry and tried to breathe way too early, got two lungfuls of amniotic fluid. That's also why I had to have the emergency C-section.

Avshalom posted:

i want a baby :(

You can borrow mine, I consider you a good influence. He likes drawing, even though he can't do it very well yet.

Torka posted:

the big drawback of human babies is that they eventually become human adults

This is less of a drawback when you make the baby yourself, it's much more interesting to watch them do it.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Happy birthday!!!

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

happy birthday Fabulist! I hope you have the nicest day, treat yourself to something :)

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Shannonmcn posted:

Its 3 in the afternoon now and I'm sober and like 82% sure I'm not going to die.

poor ol' shannon, thought of booze and (almost) died.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

some goon in another thread mentioned the song Last Christmas and now it is stuck on repeat in my head so I thought I would share my pain with all of you
you're welcome

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

Captain Backslap posted:

Maybe. My back never gave me any problems when I lifted regularly, but sometimes nowadays I have to stop squats for the day because one of my knees starts hurting.
From a few pages back, but are you supposed to stop working out when your knees hurt? :v: I hosed up one of my knees as a teenager in a snowmobile accident (deep rear end cut in the side of it, tore some tendons and poo poo. Lost feeling below my knee for about a month, but it gradually returned), and ever since it's been a bother. At the gym yesterday I ran 2.5 miles on the elliptical, and my knees were complaining after the first mile and ten minutes, but I kept going anyway. Was that a bad idea?

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

vaguely posted:

some goon in another thread mentioned the song Last Christmas and now it is stuck on repeat in my head so I thought I would share my pain with all of you
you're welcome

Why why why

Delilah.

Is that better?

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
thanks errybody. I will probably treat myself to some cookies later. Other than that, being lazy and spending time with my kid is treating myself, as I normally do not allow myself to be lazy, and my kid is loving hilarious. His latest thing is, when he's done something we'd rather he not do, and we've expressed our disapproval, he'll open his arms super wide and go "Hug?" with a big smile.

He also likes to throw whatever he thinks we don't want him to have as far away from his as possible and look innocent if he thinks we're upset with him. poo poo's amusing to me at least. Plus watching a human develop from a froggy newborn blob is really cool. For those who haven't been around newborns much, they really are just blobs with instincts for the first few months.

I'm also on Vicodin (responsibly) so I apologize in advance for whatever stupid poo poo I say over the next couple of days.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

vaguely posted:

you're welcome

hey I just met you
and this is crazy

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Shannonmcn posted:

Why why why

Delilah.

Is that better?

PUGGERNAUT posted:

hey I just met you
and this is crazy
thank you for doing this thing for me :unsmith:

Fabulist your son sounds cute :3:

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

I came in like a wreeeeecking ball
something something something something

It's been playing like this in my head all morning.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Best Tasting! posted:

I came in like a wreeeeecking ball
something something something something

It's been playing like this in my head all morning.
Wrecking Ball is a song about someone with no boundaries who doesn't understand why she pisses people off

there's some other recent pop song I don't know the name of that was stuck in my head for days and I haaaaate it because it's some dude singing all mopily about how he ~could have shown you the world and bright lights and whatever if you weren't such a bitch~ and I'm all 'honey you're better off without that sad sack, go see the world on your own if that's what you want, I bet you'll have way more fun without his needy rear end'

god I get way too annoyed by songs about people who are Bad At Relationships
young people hear this!
and think it's romantic!
and have miserable hosed up love lives because they think codependence is good!
I need to stop writing this post now before I embarrass myself more so
peace out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Housemate was singing Mileys Can't Stop for days and when I told him to quit it he'd sing the chorus at me :mad:

• Locked thread