Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Are they made out of bananas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

New combo glitch found for gotta go fast mode

https://twitter.com/ilegendoflinkk/status/1434121420406083595?s=21

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

They'd actually be 20% more banana than other people. :eng101:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Cartoon Man posted:

I feel like they’re holding off announcing a Zelda 3D All Stars in order to not cannibalize sales from Skyword Sword. I wouldn’t be surprised if it dropped later this fall in either the likely September Direct or a separate Zelda 35th anniversary special Direct.
They've said that all the things they're doing for the 35th have already been announced. We still have the Game and Watch of Zelda 1 coming, but that's it.

Zore posted:

Also in the Japanese version of BotW all the quest journal stuff is written from Link's POV and you get a bunch of characterization that was scrubbed in localization
I just learned this yesterday and I'm pretty cheesed off about it. Why would they do this? Why go to the second person? So much characterization was lost.

They even did it to Hyrule Warriors.

Speaking of, I finally finished that game and all but the last of the endgame content, and I really liked it, but I'm sore as hell about it all being non-canon. I know it shouldn't matter, but it does. My brain is just like, "this is fun, but it technically didn't happen, so none of this matters." It's a weird piece of business.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is this supposed to happen?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Inferior Third Season posted:

They'd actually be 20% more banana than other people. :eng101:

how so... person A is 50% banana and person B is 60%

Cojawfee posted:

Is this supposed to happen?

dead and buried.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

b_d posted:

how so... person A is 50% banana and person B is 60%

dead and buried.

60 is 20% more than 50

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

hmm. but person B is 10% more banana than person A. i guess it's an ambiguous question.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Cant find the tweet but it goes "32% of men and 65% women wash their hands? So 97% of all people? But I guess you gotta get your article clicks..."

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
If I have 50 cents and someone else has 60 cents, they don't have 20% more of a dollar than me, because 20% of a dollar is 20 cents. They have 10% more of a dollar than me.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Twelve by Pies posted:

If I have 50 cents and someone else has 60 cents, they don't have 20% more of a dollar than me, because 20% of a dollar is 20 cents. They have 10% more of a dollar than me.

They dont have 20% more of a dollar than you do, sure

but they do have 20% more money than you

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

20% more based on what? What is 100% in this statement?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
60 is 120% of 50

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Twelve by Pies posted:

20% more based on what? What is 100% in this statement?

50%

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Twelve by Pies posted:

20% more based on what?

Basic percentages :psyduck:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Uh huh. And how many days are in a week?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

People can't have 50% of DNA.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Twelve by Pies posted:

People can't have 50% of DNA.

Zeno's paradox says I totally will right before I have 75% of DNA

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Sixty percent of the time, it works 100% of the time.

But I'm willing to admit I'm a complete idiot moron and we can stop this dumb derail that I have made go on way longer than it needed to.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

The brain fog is thick in here.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

*Pointing the Goddess Sword at a banana* "Master, I am detecting a 60% chance that this is Zelda."

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
This has to be one of the funniest derails I've ever seen.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

I have 50 cents and you have 75. You have 33% (of 75), 50% (of 50), and 25% (additively) more than me. Which adds up to 108% more. Duh!

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Look, it's very simple. If you have $0.99999... and I have $1.00, then

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Has anyone else had an issue where you get the flurry rush, mash the button, but Link just does absolutely nothing? I'm trying to fight this Moblin, and i get the flurry rush but link just keeps going backwards and standing there instead of attacking.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I really like Wind Waker

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Barreft posted:

I really like Wind Waker

:mods:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is Majora's Mask Termina supposed to be a fever dream manifested from the Skull Kid's psyche when he was possessed by the mask or is it a legitimate alternate dimension like The Dark World or the Twilight Realm?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Sep 5, 2021

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Arc Hammer posted:

Is Majora's Mask supposed to be a fever dream manifested from the Skull Kid's psyche when he was possessed by the mask or is it a legitimate alternate dimension like The Dark World of the Twilight Realm?
If I recall, Termina was initially just an alternate dimension. It was then later retconned to being a fake world created from Link's memories by Majora's Mask, which explains all the copies. It then vanished once he left.

The latter is loving dumb, so I choose to blindly believe the former.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

TheLoneStar posted:

If I recall, Termina was initially just an alternate dimension. It was then later retconned to being a fake world created from Link's memories by Majora's Mask, which explains all the copies. It then vanished once he left.

idk the latter sounds fine to me.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Sounds to me like a "lore" explanation for why the game reuses assets.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

b_d posted:

idk the latter sounds fine to me.
I just don't like the "It was all a dream!" type scenarios. Link's Awakening gets away with it because it was kind of real too.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

yeah that's fair. but to me "it's an alternate dimension" is pretty much an equivalent cop out if the story doesn't involve hopping dimensions.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't know what's wrong with "Link traveled to another place." So what if they reused assets?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Muscle Tracer posted:

Also that the only way to get the ~best shield~ is go through some combat challenges that prove you can get on just fine without the shield.

Also you have to quit out at an exact point, clearing the entire thing just gets you 10K rupees.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

TheLoneStar posted:

who retconned it and where cos as far as i know its an alternate dimension

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Vikar Jerome posted:

who retconned it and where cos as far as i know its an alternate dimension
Probably in that same book where they defined the "official" canon of Zelda and the three timelines were first introduced. Nintendo aggressively gives zero shits about a cohesive narrative for Zelda, and will just say whatever to shut up whoever's demanding one.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Nobody answered my question.