Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm pretty sure that summoning a primal with the intention of summoning the same primal as has appeared before will get the same primal. This is also why you can't have two Titans walking around simultaneously.
Yeah, my understanding is that in the aetherial plane there are singular consciousnesses that are attached to each primal. That thing might not call itself Titan or whoever when its just energy though, its the Kobold summoner that shapes it into the form they expect their god to take, and they shape its mind also. But they're calling out to the same being every time they summon a new Titan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Namazu and moogles are extremely good and I love them.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Rainuwastaken posted:

The Namazu are awful, but at least they aren't moogles.

At least the Moogles were doing something constructive even if they were pranksters (and their prerequisite quests were nowhere near as annoying as that one Dravanian Forelands aethercurrent quest that used to have you travel back and forth around that dang NW hill like, 7 times in a row.)

Namazu are making a festival to get themselves out of trouble that they themselves cause and they somehow managed to rope me into it with the promise of new silly frou-frou stuff (which is admittedly the best reason) and easy crystals.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jun 16, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
mods can we ban all the namazu haters tia

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Rainuwastaken posted:

The Namazu are great, and they aren't moogles.

ftfy

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
A bunch of players hating on namazu in this thread because they get uncomfortable seeing themselves in what is basically a massive race of mentally retarded (in the clinical sense) children.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I think they're just afraid of being catfished, myself.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
There are only two things I hate:

Getting 0 Comms when I practically carry a dungeon group through the content on whatever class I play,
That Aethercurrent Quest chain I mentioned,
And getting outrolled on stuff in a 98/99 or 1/2 situation.

:colbert:

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

EponymousMrYar posted:

There are only two things I hate:

Getting 0 Comms when I practically carry a dungeon group through the content on whatever class I play,
That Aethercurrent Quest chain I mentioned,
And getting outrolled on stuff in a 98/99 or 1/2 situation.

:colbert:

Also Kindergarten math apparently.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I think there’s a kind of template established for every primal ever summoned, and this template, combined with a safe energy source instead of crystals and ambient aether, is what lets you summon an egi.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Mymla posted:

Namazu and moogles are extremely good and I love them.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

It's been 2 weeks of farming SC and no healer top... I'm losing hope here.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

SwissArmyDruid posted:

It doesn't even have to be a corpse. We saw the one sahagin just bodyjack a different sahagin outright in Leviathan.

So what you're saying is we just need to intentionally summon a primal and have it eat Elf Zenos for us.

On second thought, that seems like it would probably have Unintended Consequences so let's not do that.

Also what the gently caress is going on with the namazu haters around here. You're supposed to enjoy bullying catfishmen, not hate them. They even give you the catgirl racial necklace for becoming bloodsworn.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Thundarr posted:

So what you're saying is we just need to intentionally summon a primal and have it eat Elf Zenos for us.

On second thought, that seems like it would probably have Unintended Consequences so let's not do that.

Also what the gently caress is going on with the namazu haters around here. You're supposed to enjoy bullying catfishmen, not hate them. They even give you the catgirl racial necklace for becoming bloodsworn.

Given he's already shown the ability to bodyjack primals, I don't think that's an option for murdering him.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Eopia posted:

Given he's already shown the ability to bodyjack primals, I don't think that's an option for murdering him.

May I suggest repeated applications of Fire 4.

Incidentally, I can't believe I ever stopped playing BLM.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
the first time you meet a namazu he immediately sells you out to the imperials

then you're saved by the far superior aquatic beast tribe

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Lolling at people getting caught up in the moral and economical ramifications of assisting a tribe of cute tiny fish people.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
The namazu are charming as gently caress, kill the dessenters, throw their souls into hell.

ParliamentOfDogs fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jun 16, 2018

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Be sure to tell Seigetsu the Insufferable that I am willing to supply further shipments, although I would prefer to avoid dealing directly with that pompous nincompoop.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

orcane posted:

Be sure to tell Seigetsu the Insufferable that I am willing to supply further shipments, although I would prefer to avoid dealing directly with that pompous nincompoop.

I hate it when the proletariat gets uppity.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Mymla posted:

I hate it when the proletariat gets uppity.

If there is hope, it lies in the Proles.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Alder posted:

It's been 2 weeks of farming SC and no healer top... I'm losing hope here.

Someone in my FC has been farming SC since patch day for the caster top without success. I kinda wish we had some token system for dungeon drops, as I want the Skalla healer set but I don't want to farm the dungeon a hundred times to get it.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

TheHeadSage posted:

Someone in my FC has been farming SC since patch day for the caster top without success. I kinda wish we had some token system for dungeon drops, as I want the Skalla healer set but I don't want to farm the dungeon a hundred times to get it.

This is my sitch with the tank chest from Baelsar's Wall. I've essentially given up ever owning it. I've seen the dog drop more often than that coat. I saw it once, when I got it as a 50/60 dungeon on a DPS class and I lost the roll. Meantime, I've won two dogs and lost a third.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

TheHeadSage posted:

I made this experience back in 2.something (the one with hardflox in EXDR) - I was running those dungeons for weeks to finish the monk set and never got the last pieces. Since then I stopped caring about the dungeon gear completely - I run it for tomes or XP or whatever and it's nice if I get some of the drops, but I know I'm not gonna be there long enough to get the things and farming is not worth it. Without a token system or any other sort of RNG protection (like the leveling dungeons got except for weapons for whatever dumb reason), you can farm a dungeon for months and not get the items you're looking for.

At least you get GC seals for more animes out of it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I am also still running Skalla for the Striking set and I hate that dungeon so much

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

AI image recognition has gone too far.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Why does Amdapor Hard never drop anything? I don't see the new music roll ever drop. I don't see Morpho ever drop.

This loving sucks. :argh:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Not only did I outdamage them by an even 4 million over the course of the run, I died 5 fewer times on my very first Ridorana run. Parsing needs to be loving legal.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Well you see RDM are support and only supposed to cast verraise.
Healers are only supposed to cast heals and you can't heal dead bodies so raise is illegal.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Gruckles posted:

Well you see RDM are support and only supposed to cast verraise.
Healers are only supposed to cast heals and you can't heal dead bodies so raise is illegal.

They were my co-healer (a SCH), while I was an AST, which makes everything about it even more puzzling.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Isn't SCH raise called ressurection though?

E: oh I see its how many times they applied the raise effect.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I know this is a beginner question but I didn't see it in the OP. I just hit 30 on MRD and finished the quest for warrior. It looks like I'm still a marauder though. Do I need to switch class to warrior? And if so, how?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

theironjef posted:

I know this is a beginner question but I didn't see it in the OP. I just hit 30 on MRD and finished the quest for warrior. It looks like I'm still a marauder though. Do I need to switch class to warrior? And if so, how?
Did you get your job crystal? If so, equip it.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

You can equip your job crystal from your armory. Just open up your character menu and click the open slot on the bottom of the right side of your list of gear.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

e: I can't read.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Make sure you save your gear set with the job stone equipped, or the next time you do job fuckery, you won't have it. Which is bad, because there is no good reason to not have your job stone equipped now.

Equipping your job stone will also make your hotbars poo poo themselves, since the game sees it as a new class, so take a screenshot of what you have or write it down or something so you can get your Warrior bar back into shape. If you take off the job stone, you'll revert to Marauder and can see the original bars.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Mordiceius posted:

Mordiceius & Masami's 1st Annual Housing Decorator Battle Royale: A Fight to the Death... OF STYLE

The Warrior of Light has spent years on the the battlefield, fighting foes both seen and unseen. However, are you a bad enough dude to step up and take on the biggest challenge yet - interior design!

In conjunction with the Manderville Gold Saucer's Make It Rain campaign, Mordiceius Ketsumei wants to make it rain on your wallet with fabulous prizes!

Over the three weeks of this competition, the goal is to decorate the best house and/or apartment possible.

Rules & Requirements
This is for players on the Excalibur server, sorry other servers.
This is a competition for privately owned Houses and Apartments. FC houses are not eligible for the prizes.
You may compete in both the housing tier and the apartment tier, should you have both.
Only the current main homeowner may apply for competition. If you are a shared tenant of an estate, you cannot sign up with an estate unless you are the main owner.
To sign up, you must go to Mordiceius Ketsumei's house at Mist, Ward 9, Plot 4 and leave a message in the message book with your house/apartment address any time before the final deadline.
All entries must be open to the public so anyone can view.
All entries must contain a message book either inside or outside the property.

Final Deadline
June 23rd, 12pm (Noon) PDT

Once entries are closed, a list of all participating homeowners will be listed in this thread so anyone may view.

Winners will be announced by June 24th, 12pm (Noon) PDT

Prizes!
Best in Show: Estate
5 million gil
Player's choice of rare minion: Byakko Cub, Private Moai, Stuffed Tsukuyomi, Wind-up Magnai, Wind-up Shinryu

Best in Show: Apartment
1 million gil
Player's choice of rare minion: Byakko Cub, Private Moai, Stuffed Tsukuyomi, Wind-up Magnai, Wind-up Shinryu

Reminder! Entries close for this competition close in one week!

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

This is all just a conspiracy to get everyone to buy housing items! Mordiceius owns all of the retainers selling them on the mb! Follow the money! Wake up sheepfels/sheepo`te/sheepadyn/sheepur/sheepra/sheepzen!

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

itskage posted:

This is all just a conspiracy to get everyone to buy housing items! Mordiceius owns all of the retainers selling them on the mb! Follow the money! Wake up sheepfels/sheepo`te/sheepadyn/sheepur/sheepra/sheepzen!

I mean you could've kept quiet and gotten paid off, but as it is you're just gonna get disappeared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I'm sure this is a complaint that people have been making for years, but I'm gonna complain about it anyway: why can't I put my loving Stardust Rod in the Glamour Dresser or the Armoire? Why do I have to do the loving Zodiac Weapon poo poo to get a version I can stash away? God drat.