Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That's a great place for Incendary Tripwires too.

So what's the difference between Marksmen and Sniper in general besides bipod vs palm wrest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

twistedmentat posted:

That's a great place for Incendary Tripwires too.

So what's the difference between Marksmen and Sniper in general besides bipod vs palm wrest.

Marksman rifles have less idle sway than Snipers, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4x zoom, and no scope glint. The Gewher 95 Marksman can remain ADS between shots (but lacks a sweet spot) while the others can't.

Snipers have 5, 6, 8, 10x zoom, a bit more idle sway than Marksmans, and have scope glint.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Snipers also have bipods

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

sunday at work posted:

Marksman rifles have less idle sway than Snipers, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4x zoom, and no scope glint. The Gewher 95 Marksman can remain ADS between shots (but lacks a sweet spot) while the others can't.

Snipers have 5, 6, 8, 10x zoom, a bit more idle sway than Marksmans, and have scope glint.

Ah okay, so snipers are good for long range, and marksmen are better for medium range. But you can camp out with a marksmen easier without the sway or the glint.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Robot Randy posted:

http://i.imgur.com/ne2xNNC.mp4

at nades dont suck poo poo at all, no sir

Being prone gives a damage reduction vs explosives.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
i think that its reasonable to believe that a bundle of 8 grenades exploding on someones dick would outright kill them

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah, grenades and explosives in general definitely need a buff.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i get a lot of grenade kills. i think they are okay where they are.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I got almost a dozen kills yesterday just chucking grenades down a flight of stairs while the guys at the bottom were trying to peek around corners and take potshots. Seemed to be working fine :smug:

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
The overall damage of them is ok, but the damage distance could use a boost. I find myself in situations like the one above pretty frequently.

I've taken to just using incendiary grenades because people will either run and it will kill them eventually or they'll go prone and become easy targets.

Plus spamming armed telegraphs with them on frontlines is just the best.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Gas grenades for life. They can be used as area control if you're trying to funnel. Or they act as a warning system if you want to watch two avenues. I love them and have many service stars.

a bunch of ants
Jan 21, 2009

Wanna be professional criminals with me?

humpthewind posted:

Gas grenades for life. They can be used as area control if you're trying to funnel. Or they act as a warning system if you want to watch two avenues. I love them and have many service stars.

This times 100. Gas grenades are just more versatile. I've tried the other types of grenades and I always come back to the gas.

I've been messing with the mortar more and I'm starting to love it, getting points is easy, but I rarely get a kill, they need a buff. I keep switching between airburst and HE and can't tell which I'm more effective with.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Mortars are in dire need of a buff, they've been too weak since day one.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Rocketsplosion radius could use a bump it just isn't commensurate with the power it brings to bear on vehicles.

But I'm biased so

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

:coal:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

a bunch of ants posted:

This times 100. Gas grenades are just more versatile. I've tried the other types of grenades and I always come back to the gas.

I've been messing with the mortar more and I'm starting to love it, getting points is easy, but I rarely get a kill, they need a buff. I keep switching between airburst and HE and can't tell which I'm more effective with.

Incendiaries don't gently caress with your teammates' ability to aim and see straight so personally I prefer it when nobody uses stupid gas grenades.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Finger Prince posted:

Incendiaries don't gently caress with your teammates' ability to aim and see straight so personally I prefer it when nobody uses stupid gas grenades.

Well they kinda do, they create a lovely gross smoke that doesn't do poo poo to bad guys either.

Gas for life, I'm on Team Gas

:gas:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Well they kinda do, they create a lovely gross smoke that doesn't do poo poo to bad guys either.

Gas for life, I'm on Team Gas

You know, we don't have to be at odds. What if you could ignite the gas cloud? :allears:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Finger Prince posted:

You know, we don't have to be at odds. What if you could ignite the gas cloud? :allears:

That or clear / burn off an enemy cloud with an incendiary, I been saying this since I bought the game!

:hfive: good buddy

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
you used to be able to extinguish incendiaries with smokes but i guess that make smoke grenades too much of a threat

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I used gas for about two months straight and got bored of it. They own for Medics and Assault with shotty.

Incendiaries have a really small area of effect. I've thrown them into the bunkers on Verdun (when they had 3 guys in them) and it only killed one guy. It should have consumed their asses.

Since the already brought down mortar's accuracy they should just up the damage. Or make their travel time faster. HE are basically useless against armor. Air Burst is okay but unless you get 4 guys standing in one trench you probably will just wing your target.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Another example of gas superiority is it's inability to be bound by the walls of man.

See a guy on the second story of a building hiding out? Gas the floor below him and it trickles up.

See a guy inside a building in front of you? Get that nade along the wall and it hits him inside thus causing him to move.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Or just limpet the building until there is no building.

Limpets!

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Beastie posted:

I used gas for about two months straight and got bored of it. They own for Medics and Assault with shotty.

Incendiaries have a really small area of effect. I've thrown them into the bunkers on Verdun (when they had 3 guys in them) and it only killed one guy. It should have consumed their asses.

Since the already brought down mortar's accuracy they should just up the damage. Or make their travel time faster. HE are basically useless against armor. Air Burst is okay but unless you get 4 guys standing in one trench you probably will just wing your target.

I really don't mind using HE against armour, just takes some practice at leading shots if you are shooting at a moving target. Great for taking out camping farty trucks that would otherwise blow you to kingdom come if you were in their line of sight. If anything I find the airburst to be fairly lackluster, unless you are playing 64 man operations.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Beastie posted:

Or just limpet the building until there is no building.

Limpets!

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Buff limpet throw distance.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

sunday at work posted:

Buff limpet throw distance.

This x a million

PSKrew hop on and we can stab a few mans before I gotta do the metaphorical same at pub trivia

... forums font change so what?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Gonkish posted:

DICE says "oh no, you can't C4 jeep anymore, because BALANCE".

And yet...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-DcmcBhPpk

:smug:

crosspost from the pc thread :happyelf:

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
o

m

g

:love:

e: those attempts at constructing kamikaze horse were loving heroic

mellowjournalism fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 19, 2017

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Christ almighty

This changes everything

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

winter.mute posted:

they swarmed over me like rats in the trenches...

Now with complementary angle and hilarious laughter from teammate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKEtsebmwKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0ZZFqXoZhc

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
heard some more footsteps,

bet he wasn't expecting that

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Robot Randy posted:

crosspost from the pc thread :happyelf:

Here's an impressive syringe kill montage by the same guy. He kills a ton of trench raiders with it lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpWuK202vmw

lambskin fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 19, 2017

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

winter.mute posted:

heard some more footsteps,

bet he wasn't expecting that

So I know I make fun of you for your sound setup being loud as gently caress but it's a huge advantage, given that the one thing dice has been incredible at for generations of the game. The detailed sound design is spectacular and legitimately informs and improves the gameplay.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

mellowjournalism posted:

o

m

g

:love:

e: those attempts at constructing kamikaze horse were loving heroic

The logical next step has to be building kamikaze plane. If anyone can do it, it's that guy.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
join me PS4ce, GF is still at work for another hour!!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Lawnie posted:

join me PS4ce, GF is still at work for another hour!!

dangit lawnie

bad influence

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD
Hey hoping to play with some goons at some point on PS4. Just requested an invite to battlegoons

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Do we have an Xbox BF goon club? If not I'll make one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

A Bone Krew group would be nice. I only have like 2 people in my friends list that play BF1