Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bombadilillo posted:

Everyone I start a soulsborne I'm totally going to party a bunch this time.

Ain't no party like a soulsborne party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man Uncharted 3 is just like the Arkham series. Big jumps in how the game feels to play but boy are these melee sounds way worse now.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Yeah, I knew about chips but never messed with them because I never bothered to open up more chips space. I just bought 100 potions and ingrained into myself how to use them on the fly. Like almost everything in NieR:A I think the chips system is brilliant both thematically and as a dynamic difficulty adjustment concession to players of different skill levels. That game owns so loving hard.

I think a more accurate analogy is like playing Bloodborne without knowing how to Quick-Step.

Haven’t played it. Know I should. It’s on my list. Look I have a lot of things to get caught up on. Christ, get off my back already. Jesus!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

RareAcumen posted:

Man Uncharted 3 is just like the Arkham series. Big jumps in how the game feels to play but boy are these melee sounds way worse now.
Lots of games clearly want to make the weakest psssh psssh fist sounds they can and I never knew why.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

fruit on the bottom posted:

Like Pokémon but not realizing that you can get more than six.

Like you need anyone other than my buddy Charizard. :colbert:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Lots of games clearly want to make the weakest psssh psssh fist sounds they can and I never knew why.

It bothers me that Uncharted never stole the Indiana Jones punching sounds. Every punch in those movies sounds so heavy and hard-hitting, and Uncharted is basically Indiana Jones with the serial numbers filed off anyway.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

GOTY god drat

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

That seems completely alien to my Bloodborne experience, on this run I just got out of Central Yharnam and I am going with a strength build and using mostly the transformed kirkhammer which can't even parry and I've still parried about 100 times already

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

mycot posted:

Like you need anyone other than my buddy Charizard. :colbert:

Charmander is the Right Choice, but my very first Pokémon was Bulbasaur so he will always have a special place in my heart.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That seems completely alien to my Bloodborne experience, on this run I just got out of Central Yharnam and I am going with a strength build and using mostly the transformed kirkhammer which can't even parry and I've still parried about 100 times already

I never used the sword and found everything could be dealt with by using the shove move or a quickstep and charged R2. I did abuse the augur a lot against other hunters. I had the timing on the R2 down to the extent that I would be able to knock anything down or stagger it before it got a chance to hit me, but I'd switch out to tonitrus for anything alien.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Pablo Gigante posted:

Ain't no party like a soulsborne party

Bloodsouls.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MGSV: The Phantom Soulsborne

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

MGSV: The Phantom Soulsborne

You're out of line, sir.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

gently caress, has Yakuza always had this much.....stuff?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah, even more by the end of each gen cause they add on in the sequels

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I had like 80 hours in 0 and had maybe 60% completion? I did spend a lot of time idling for real estate money but still. if they're all like that then it's a densely packed series

minigames and side quests everywhere

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Is Majima in Y6?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I've not played it but he was in previews for the game

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Is Majima in Y6?

According to the wiki he is old but alive!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yes, instead of adding new animations Yakuza just keeps recycling things. So if you found a minigame you liked back in 2, well it's pretty much buried six feet underneath the foundation of the rest of the games now.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I loved the hell out of Yakuza 0 and Kiwami. I have 5 from ps+ If I break out my ps3 but I'd prefer waiting for updated versions.

I'm buying 6. There's no way around it. How much story will I mess up by skipping 2,3,4,5?

Not that I'm not going to play 6. Thats 100% happening.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Actually six is a little light on stuff compared to five. It’s always been a ridiculous smorgasbord series where not every player will care about everything you can do but that’s okay.

Also it’s a good chance to experiment with gameplay from games you don’t normally play and don’t want to buy a whole game of.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Uncharted 4:

- Aww man, this looks gorgeous. The lighting in that prison break, goddamn.

- It's a bit of an asspull to introduce Sam out of nowhere, but I'm going to roll with it.

- I can't believe they changed the Reload button on the fourth game of the series, what the hell!?

- The married life of Nate & Elena is very...joyless :( . I suppose this is why the Heroes never settle down.

exquisite tea posted:

Who was the guy who made it all the way through Ico not knowing you could hold the princess' hand? Anyway you've got that guy beat at least. My friend and I also once made it halfway through FF8 not even knowing how junctions worked so don't feel too bad.

I beat FF8 without ever realizing there was a Junction System. I was very young, but still.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Actually six is a little light on stuff compared to five. It’s always been a ridiculous smorgasbord series where not every player will care about everything you can do but that’s okay.

Also it’s a good chance to experiment with gameplay from games you don’t normally play and don’t want to buy a whole game of.

Looking forward to 6 then. A friend gave me 0 but I'm a little hesitant to spend a ton of time with it when there are so many other things around the corner. It seems cool but I tend to burn out on open world games very easily and if I'm gonna get 6 it'd be cool to go in fresh and excited rather than exhausted.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Samuringa posted:

I beat FF8 without ever realizing there was a Junction System. I was very young, but still.

If you ever replay it make sure to junction 100 Blind to Squall's weapon early on and watch as millions of doors of opportunity open up in unison.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Samurai Sanders posted:

You say this but 6 apparently has cat cafe management???? What more could a person possibly need?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh god, what am I in for? I've started playing through Yakuza 4, and I've got Yakuza 5 waiting thanks to PS Plus.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yakuza 5 took me 74 hours to beat with an overall completion percentage of less than 50%

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Yakuza has so many minigames you can pick half and still feel overwhelmed.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

Yakuza has so many minigames you can pick half and still feel overwhelmed.

Can you play 2 player Virtua Fighter 5? Because I'll buy it simply to have VF on PS4. Also, It would be awesome if you could select VF from the main menu or something.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Can you play 2 player Virtua Fighter 5? Because I'll buy it simply to have VF on PS4. Also, It would be awesome if you could select VF from the main menu or something.

I'm amazed Puyo-Pop was in there. Isn't the licensing for that obscenely strict or something?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I've been playing Telltale Batman and it's generally been enjoyable but lol at his grappling hook not working just because his computer is offline. this is like the Internet Of Things at its worst

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Alexa, tell me where Rachel is.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its the full game

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I will buy the game so long as every conversation option in Telltale Batman replaces "........." and (stay silent) with "RACHEL".

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

Its the full game
The full arcade game that is, not with any training features or anything from console versions.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

The full arcade game that is, not with any training features or anything from console versions.

Oh, okay, good to know. Will it at least have an options menu for button customization?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm amazed Puyo-Pop was in there. Isn't the licensing for that obscenely strict or something?

No, not at all. Sega just doesn't really see it as viable in the west, not that they haven't tried quite a few times.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Sega owns Puyo Puyo and they released Puyo Puyo Tetris in the west so I doubt there’s any problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Samuringa posted:

Uncharted 4:
- The married life of Nate & Elena is very...joyless :( . I suppose this is why the Heroes never settle down.

Psh. Their married life was fine.