Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

woke wedding drone posted:

Well, let's see it! :fap:

Since it's Virginia, wouldn't it probably just be Bob McDonnell stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

rkajdi posted:

It barely matters. All that the hackers would need to do otherwise is just doctor up some files and pass them off as genuine. The tinfoil hat brigade is going believe the Russian propaganda machine over the Democrats anyway, and any thinking American has realized after the millionth hack on one side versus zero on the other (one if you count taxes) that this is either the other candidate/surrogate breaking the law or a foreign power trying to gently caress with our election for their own gain.
This is the part that really gets me. I think the public is, little by little, starting to put together that these hacks aren't some Anonymous-type group, but really the intelligence services of a foreign government, and that it's all but certain that Russia is that government.

Hillary openly accused Russia of it during the debates, and that passed by without a challenge in the media that I saw, though obviously Trump tried to challenge it immediately.

Once that's in the public consciousness, how likely is anything that they leak going to really have an impact?

Unless it's audio or video, like Romney's infamous 47% remarks, is anyone but partisans going to believe it?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Am I reading this wrong or is Reuters showing Clinton +13 nationally? :stare:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Eschers Basement posted:

Didn't work out well for Kennedy
If not Kennedy, why not Zoidburg?

:ohdear:

Ps: GBS Mark III is good. For now.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

davebo posted:

It's a shame the USA is so large because security through obscurity works. When was the last time someone attacked Tahiti?

The French apparently set off a nuke near them in 1996. Does that count?

efb

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

canepazzo posted:

Lol is this like the pro-clinton equivalent of the LA times tracking poll?

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

canepazzo posted:

Add "Other" to Trump. It's the racists that don't want people to know they are racist, so they lie.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
538 just had Ohio go blue :toot:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

canepazzo posted:

When you filter it to "likely general election voter" it becomes Clinton +7

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

drat, now I have to Arzy about like iowa or some poo poo.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I'm not 100% sure why, the only Ohio poll to come out lately had Trump up 5. Extrapolating from national polls?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the most surprising part of this is that both the people brawling are white

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

L
M
A
O

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Only if you get your order without the sauce.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

canepazzo posted:

If you filter for very conservative males (the only people who actually matter.) you will see that it is actually 27-68.
Just imagine that a third of the males who consider themselves "very conservative" would rather have a democrat woman than Trump.
You should really filter for no tea party affiliation though. In that demographic she is leaning by 50 points!
It's really cool how many filters there are on the Reuters poll.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Oct 4, 2016

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

help me i can't handle it

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Night10194 posted:

I'm not 100% sure why, the only Ohio poll to come out lately had Trump up 5. Extrapolating from national polls?

Silver's "trendline adjustment" favours Clinton; it assumes that beyond the polls we have, Ohio is likely subject to the same shift as other states and the national numbers.

The other aspect is, Ohio's in the coinflip zone right now. Every time 538 updates their list of polls, no matter how small a poll or what state it covers, they re-run their simulation of 20k virtual elections. This causes slight essentially random shifts in each state's odds every time they do this, which can push tossups back and forth over the line.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

I see we are sliding into the Coen Bros. madcap comedy reality nicely.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Night10194 posted:

Yeah, really not seeing this one either. All the new polls are worse for Clinton than their previous iterations, and their three highest rated polls have Trump in the lead, as do four of the top five. All the pollsters showing good for Trump get either an A or A- rating, and the one for Clinton gets a B-.

Must be the national trend.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Supercar Gautier posted:

Silver's "trendline adjustment" favours Clinton; it assumes that beyond the polls we have, Ohio is likely subject to the same shift as other states and the national numbers.
I didn't think Polls-Only did that, though. Does it?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The awesome part? Ohio doesn't matter in the least!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Crows Turn Off posted:

It does. The only difference in polls plus is that he also adds numbers for the economic situation and other stuff like that.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I fully support tonight's hashtag #thrillainvanilla

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Night10194 posted:

The awesome part? Ohio doesn't matter in the least!

a far cry from 2004

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2016/10/cowardly_extremist_mike_pence_is_the_perfect_face_of_the_gop.html

Slate, I know, but I think this got at why I find Pence so loving unbearable. He doesn't even have the courage to actually defend the poo poo he does; he tries to evade it.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

In my own personal head-cannon the Virginia Dems set up a poorly secured computer with PAY TO PLAY folder in the root directory as a honey pot for Russian Hackers and then buried the stuff on Republicans several folders deep so that it wasn't immediately noticeable knowing it was only a matter of time before it got discovered by an "anonymous hacker."

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It's been blue in the Nowcast and borderline in the Polls Only for a few days, but now switched- it's still red in Polls Plus.

E: That said NC has flipped blue in Polls Plus :toot:

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Radish posted:

In my own personal head-cannon the Virginia Dems set up a poorly secured computer with PAY TO PLAY folder in the root directory as a honey pot for Russian Hackers and then buried the stuff on Republicans several folders deep so that it wasn't immediately noticeable knowing it was only a matter of time before it got discovered by an "anonymous hacker."

I cannot come up with an alternative to this that makes sense. If it's true then whoever did that is a genius.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Crows Turn Off posted:

If you scroll down on a given state's page, you can see each adjustment the model makes, including the trendline adjustment and various demographic tweaks. These adjustments are included in all three models.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Ron Jeremy posted:

I fully support tonight's hashtag #thrillainvanilla

My greatest fear for tonight is a debate so bland that SNL has to chuck any plans to parody it and just has the SNL Band do a 7-minute jam session as filler.

Though I suppose they could just do a skit "how we wish the VP debate had actually gone".

Still going to watch it tonight at an Austin beer-garden event hosted by the local Dems in hopes that somehow a VP fistfight breaks out on camera.

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Oct 4, 2016

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

People expect Alex Jones to be perfect for some reason

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Now that we're getting closer to the election, we're finally getting some polls of the important states.

President - Delaware

Clinton (D) 51 (+21)
Trump (R) 30

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Now that we're getting closer to the election, we're finally getting some polls of the important states.

President - Delaware

Clinton (D) 51 (+21)
Trump (R) 30

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

these are literally just all the files left over from the DNC Hacks leak

they're trying to build a case with the sawdust they swept up lmao

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It suddenly occurs to me that sometime in the 80s or 90s Trump almost certainly paid to watch a bum fight.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Even if this election results in the destruction of mankind I'm ok with it because it managed to make Alex Jones sing ludacris lyrics.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

It suddenly occurs to me that sometime in the 80s or 90s Trump almost certainly paid to watch a bum fight.
He's a strong business leader so he seems more like the type who'd open a fighting ring.

Epic High Five posted:

these are literally just all the files left over from the DNC Hacks leak

they're trying to build a case with the sawdust they swept up lmao

The best thing is that this is probably also the very last thing Assange had on Clinton!

I have a question about the general election. Are all ballots in English or are there Spanish versions? In states with a lot of Hispanic voters the availability of Spanish documents makes a huge difference on the polls. Is this also the case in the actual election?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

STAC Goat posted:

Bullshit.

The bums paid him.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

I didn't really start following the 2008 elections until after the primaries. How did the right react to Obama rising out of obscurity and defeating their nemesis Hillary? Was it similar to how a lot of us laughed as Trump took out Jeb! and the others but then quickly realized in horror that he might actually win?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

:laffo:

when they're writing my eulogy, tell them that fall of 2016 is what killed me

• Locked thread