Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Nope. Actual cpu/graphics emulation are pretty much as best as they can get outside a few fringe cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Dabir posted:

Has GBA emulation even advanced at all in the last, like, decade?

Uh, VBA-M is a thing, and you can trade between VBA instances. Still can't battle. So slightly.

yodar
Apr 5, 2016

GeneralYeti posted:

Fun fact from the Skype chatlogs:

Giver sent me a few images, and then...

am I the only one who likes the Humor program?

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.

yodar posted:

am I the only one who likes the Humor program?

If you have no taste then yes :colbert:

In all honesty, I don't really mind the Humor program all that much. It's more that I don't like this high concentration of bad puns all in a row. Like I said, it got a chuckle out of me with the Chisao drowning joke.

yodar
Apr 5, 2016

GeneralYeti posted:

In all honesty, I don't really mind the Humor program all that much. It's more that I don't like this high concentration of bad puns all in a row. Like I said, it got a chuckle out of me with the Chisao drowning joke.

I have terrible taste haha. There's something about terrible, juvenile puns I just greatly enjoy. Granted, the Humor program is a lot better in 5 (never rlly used it in 4 so I don't know how bad it is there., but it's alright in 3.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

yodar posted:

I have terrible taste haha. There's something about terrible, juvenile puns I just greatly enjoy. Granted, the Humor program is a lot better in 5 (never rlly used it in 4 so I don't know how bad it is there., but it's alright in 3.

If the LP on the Archive is any indication, there's not even a text dump for MMBN4's Humor Program.

yodar
Apr 5, 2016

Silegna posted:

If the LP on the Archive is any indication, there's not even a text dump for MMBN4's Humor Program.

There isn't one in the Archive, no. MBN4 DOES have a Humor program, but I have no clue how to get it as I hate that game with a passion (the 3 playthroughs for 100 percent idea would have been good, had Capcom implemented it better, such as had they made Save Game 2 have you play as Regal, Save Game 3 as Duo or something like that). However I'll try to look it up on the Internet.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

GeneralYeti posted:

Not all of us are disgusted by such low forms of humor

giver336
Dec 28, 2013

It's time to d-d-d-d-
get murdered

Blaziken386 posted:

Not all of us are disgusted by such low forms of humor

I wouldn't worry about it so much. Yeti and I pretty much fake reactions to stuff in the LP, good or bad. Our general reaction is typically "eh," but that would be really, really boring. Robots. :v:

Sent the archive request off to Baldurk. So whenever that happens, I guess you'll see it in the archive. How long does this normally take? Up to a month? Oh, and I finished the Chip Encyclopedia, so if you guys want to give it a once-over for weird typos, you can check the Megas, Gigas and PAs here

I'll miss you guys. :cry:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

giver336 posted:

Don't joke around.

You'd probably hit us even through green invincibility, somehow, with a command code that no one but you knew.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

giver336 posted:

I wouldn't worry about it so much. Yeti and I pretty much fake reactions to stuff in the LP, good or bad. Our general reaction is typically "eh," but that would be really, really boring. Robots. :v:

Sent the archive request off to Baldurk. So whenever that happens, I guess you'll see it in the archive. How long does this normally take? Up to a month? Oh, and I finished the Chip Encyclopedia, so if you guys want to give it a once-over for weird typos, you can check the Megas, Gigas and PAs here

It's generally frowned upon (and by that I mean against the forum rules) to hotlink images. Using dedicated image hosts (lpix, imgur, tumblr, etc.) is fine though. I'd suggest moving the images used in the chip library to lpix, if possible -- unless you own sprices-inc.co.uk or know that it's OK to hotlink their images. (It should be possible to automate this...)

We'll miss you too, Giver. Probably. Are you planning on sticking around the forums? Maybe doing more Let's Plays?

giver336
Dec 28, 2013

It's time to d-d-d-d-
get murdered

Solumin posted:

It's generally frowned upon (and by that I mean against the forum rules) to hotlink images. Using dedicated image hosts (lpix, imgur, tumblr, etc.) is fine though. I'd suggest moving the images used in the chip library to lpix, if possible -- unless you own sprices-inc.co.uk or know that it's OK to hotlink their images. (It should be possible to automate this...)

We'll miss you too, Giver. Probably. Are you planning on sticking around the forums? Maybe doing more Let's Plays?

It'll be fine. I know people who know people on Sprites Inc., who know some more people. Also, if I change it there, I'd have to change it for all boss posts, too. :v:

I was thinking of either doing MegaMan Zero 3, or Sands of Destruction -- the latter of which is a game that started out promising, but slowly squanders it at every opportunity.

giver336 fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jun 16, 2016

yodar
Apr 5, 2016

giver336 posted:

It'll be fine. I know people who know people on Sprites Inc., who know some more people. Also, if I change it there, I'd have to change it for all boss posts, too. :v:

I was thinking of either doing MegaMan Zero 3, or Sands of Destruction -- the latter of which is a game that started out promising, but slowly squanders it at every opportunity.

If you do do another LP, make sure it has
a. Wizardry. I love wizards.
b. your amazingly detailed and interesting commentary.

Also be sure to tell us about it

giver336
Dec 28, 2013

It's time to d-d-d-d-
get murdered
New bug discovered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR-k-J98_-0

To understand this, you'd have to know about "Random Style Change" mechanic. Whereby if you satisfy no conditions for any Style except the one you're in, the game will increment 1 point towards every other Style. So, if I'm in Custom and don't use NaviChips, don't get hit, don't use the Buster, or Invis/Stage chips, then every other style will get a point towards it. If you keep doing this, when it comes time to select your style after about 100 fights, the game randomly picks a style, and it's in THIS way that you could end up with Shadow Style in EXE3 Vanilla.

This was fixed in the English version and a re-released copy of EXE3(v1.1) in Japan. They did the same thing for Red Sun, too. Not sure what glitch was so bad that warranted a re-distribution over there.

EXE3 V1.0
EXE3 V1.1

EXE3 BlackV1.0
EXE3 BlackV1.1

Notes: http://pastebin.com/tX7vdZG4

Blaze Dragon posted:

Don't joke around.

You'd probably hit us even through green invincibility, somehow, with a command code that no one but you knew.

This is actually possible. Press random buttons and use Mine against GutsMan Beta/Omega right when he does Z-Punch :ssh:

yodar
Apr 5, 2016

giver336 posted:

New bug discovered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR-k-J98_-0

To understand this, you'd have to know about "Random Style Change" mechanic. Whereby if you satisfy no conditions for any Style except the one you're in, the game will increment 1 point towards every other Style. So, if I'm in Custom and don't use NaviChips, don't get hit, don't use the Buster, or Invis/Stage chips, then every other style will get a point towards it. If you keep doing this, when it comes time to select your style after about 100 fights, the game randomly picks a style, and it's in THIS way that you could end up with Shadow Style in EXE3 Vanilla.

This was fixed in the English version and a re-released copy of EXE3(v1.1) in Japan. They did the same thing for Red Sun, too. Not sure what glitch was so bad that warranted a re-distribution over there.

EXE3 V1.0
EXE3 V1.1

EXE3 BlackV1.0
EXE3 BlackV1.1

Notes: http://pastebin.com/tX7vdZG4

This is actually possible. Press random buttons and use Mine against GutsMan Beta/Omega right when he does Z-Punch :ssh:

That is a cool glitch; pity it won't work in the English version. Also, if that Mine thing really works then I need to try that. Maybe I can become a wizard like you, giver, and impress all of my friends.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I wonder if translation groups specifically employ one guy whose only job is to come up with puns that fit into the same context as the japanese jokes.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

giver336 posted:

MegaMan Zero 3, or Sands of Destruction -- the latter of which is a game that started out promising, but slowly squanders it at every opportunity.

Sounds like Avalon Code.

yodar
Apr 5, 2016

SlothfulCobra posted:

I wonder if translation groups specifically employ one guy whose only job is to come up with puns that fit into the same context as the japanese jokes.

If so I'd love that job.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I didn't get to say it yet, but thanks again to all the commentators that took us through this wild ride of a game. This is a great LP that too me back through one of my favorite GBA games of my childhood and showed me things I never knew about it.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

SaffronKit posted:

I didn't get to say it yet, but thanks again to all the commentators that took us through this wild ride of a game. This is a great LP that too me back through one of my favorite GBA games of my childhood and showed me things I never knew about it.

Hell, even GIVER learned something he didn't know already, I think it's safe to say this LP was VERY informative.
I never knew about S rank conditions being determined how they are, by time, movement, AND Damage.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

giver336 posted:

This is one of the few games for the DS that has full voice acting so make sure you're ready because goddamn this poo poo's a lotta work.

I also completely agree on your assessment of it.

loving counter turns

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Man that Command Code post is stupid handy. That poo poo is staying bookmarked and saved to my harddrive FOREVER.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.

Captain Fargle posted:

Man that Command Code post is stupid handy. That poo poo is staying bookmarked and saved to my harddrive FOREVER.

Giver's very thorough, I'll give him that.

now if only he wasn't a flaming rear end in a top hat

giver336
Dec 28, 2013

It's time to d-d-d-d-
get murdered
Don't worry, Yeti. I only write like that so you have something to bounce off of. You need every edge you can get since you're useless in the gameplay and knowledge departments. Oops, I did it again.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

GeneralYeti posted:

Giver's very thorough, I'll give him that.

now if only he wasn't a flaming rear end in a top hat

That's part of his charm.

yodar
Apr 5, 2016

Captain Fargle posted:

My memory's kinda iffy right now. What Command Code post?

giver336
Dec 28, 2013

It's time to d-d-d-d-
get murdered
(Posting from phone) It's on page 104.

Just a note, the OP has been updated, guys. It's been checked for errors, but do tell if you find any.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
Guess who only just found this thread a week ago and frantically rushed through? That was one hell of a ride, and an excellent LP.

I'm kinda suprised nobody made a :giver: emote after all of that. I picture it as just being :moreevil: but with Giver's weird Red mask guy (maybe the Giver-bot that MissEchelon drew?) instead of Regal and the phrase "S-RANK" instead of "EVIL".

I'd have gone with "COMMAND CODE" for the sign, but space is limited

giver336
Dec 28, 2013

It's time to d-d-d-d-
get murdered
BN3 Blue Text Dump

Apparently the developers planned for you to fight Serenade and BassGS in the Time Trials. Serenade was supposed to be in 60 seconds or less, and BassGS had no time limit. If you want to try it for yourself, download the patch here. You'll have to go to Secret 3 and talk to those NPCs, though. If you're in Secret 3 already, re-enter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwNzkEo66lE

Serenade: FamFldr. WAY more luck than skill. You'd have to draw the Metagels or AreaGrabs way early because of his gimmick. It's a full minute, but there's 2,000 HP. You'll have to know exactly how many cycles Serenade goes through before Holy Light starts up. I can see why this was removed. :geno:

BassGS: ApprFldr. It's pretty much the only folder that can work. Don't know that RockCube+AirShot can deal 200 damage? Use Prism to reflect 300 damage back at him. But otherwise, this is EASY. There's no time limit.

Too late to add it to the posts, huh? :v:

Classic Battle Network

giver336 fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jun 28, 2016

yodar
Apr 5, 2016

giver336 posted:

BN3 Blue Text Dump

Apparently the developers planned for you to fight Serenade and BassGS in the Time Trials. Serenade was supposed to be in 60 seconds or less, and BassGS had no time limit. If you want to try it for yourself, download the patch here. You'll have to go to Secret 3 and talk to those NPCs, though. If you're in Secret 3 already, re-enter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwNzkEo66lE

Serenade: FamFldr. WAY more luck than skill. You'd have to draw the Metagels or AreaGrabs way early because of his gimmick. It's a full minute, but there's 2,000 HP. You'll have to know exactly how many cycles Serenade goes through before Holy Light starts up. I can see why this was removed. :geno:

BassGS: ApprFldr. It's pretty much the only folder that can work. Don't know that RockCube+AirShot can deal 200 damage? Use Prism to reflect 300 damage back at him. But otherwise, this is EASY. There's no time limit.

Too late to add it to the posts, huh? :v:

Classic Battle Network
That Time Trials thing is cool. Wish they'd kept the BassGS one as it would have required some amazing skill. Also, the Classic Battle Network thing you just posted is really amusing :)

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

giver336 posted:

Classic Battle Network

Speaking of BN1, giver do you know what the conditions are for making MagicMan's chip instantly delete an enemy?

I had some other question that stuck in my head all these years, but that dumb image you posted made me forget it. I'm gonna hit 25 and I still don't get why people go apeshit over the three numbers. oooo I know a woman's waist and bra sizes holy poo poo that's so hot uuuugghhhhh

yodar
Apr 5, 2016

SSNeoman posted:

Speaking of BN1, giver do you know what the conditions are for making MagicMan's chip instantly delete an enemy?

I had some other question that stuck in my head all these years, but that dumb image you posted made me forget it. I'm gonna hit 25 and I still don't get why people go apeshit over the three numbers. oooo I know a woman's waist and bra sizes holy poo poo that's so hot uuuugghhhhh

There's an instantly delete condition on Magic Man's chip? If this thing works on Navi bosses I mite actually 100 percent MBN1.

Some people just have an inexplicable craving to know those numbers about women. I don't get it either.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

yodar posted:

Some people just have an inexplicable craving to know those numbers about women. I don't get it either.

It's like blood types and astrological signs in terms of 'easy filler character info'.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

yodar posted:

There's an instantly delete condition on Magic Man's chip? If this thing works on Navi bosses I mite actually 100 percent MBN1.

It's in the description: "Magic fire = instant delete!?"
I've only ever seen it work on regular viruses, and very rarely too. If it procs, then after the virus is hit with the fireball, it gets Magicman's virus spawner symbol thing under it and then gets deleted.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
The real question is can Giver abuse this?

yodar
Apr 5, 2016

EzEight posted:

The real question is can Giver abuse this?

He's Giver. If anyone can, it's him.

giver336
Dec 28, 2013

It's time to d-d-d-d-
get murdered

TheKingofSprings posted:

Giver can you do a video showing off the graveyard area with the gravestones of like every Navi in the series in BN6

You needed MachineSword to unlock the gate that was here.

Undernet 3 was a Japanese-only area. It was horrible. It's literally an area full of invisible paths.Remember Battle Network 1's Power Plant dungeon?

And there are dead-end maze paths too! :bang:

Blue balls. There isn't a fancy warp animation to Graveyard Area. Also, you needed 100 S Chips to unlock this portal.

This area is just one big winding amusement park line pathway. Heading to the left...

HAH YOU USELESS FUCKS ARE DEAD

Battle Network 1 Navis.

FbeastSP/GbeastSP is a random encounter in here, instead of Underground 1.

Interestingly enough, PharoahMan and ShadowMan are written here and not in BN1. I guess you know when their "intended appearance" was.

:rip: Serenade. I see BassBS got to you in this game.

LaserMan is so boss that he gets his own textbox.

I believe you needed to get all 45 MegaChips before you were allowed access to Graveyard Area 2.

Graveyard Area 2 is just Graveyard Area from US version with some minor changes.

Remember where you used the BatKey to obtain AttackMAX? Well, you instead used the BatKey to enter Immortal Area and the AttackMAX NCP was replaced by a NetSign.

:tizzy:

loving DIE

And now there's this little arrow that goes back to another section in Graveyard 1.

BugFrag Trader was originally here, but it was moved to Underground 2 in the US version.

Battle Network 5's gravestone seems so short, but remember that most of the Navis here appeared on other gravestones first.

The man himself.

SSNeoman posted:

It's a flat percentage chance. Pretty low, too. The instant delete does NOT go through virus defenses such as Gaia's Armor and of course doesn't work on bosses. You should not feel bad about chucking this chip into the Chip Trader.

SSNeoman posted:

I had some other question that stuck in my head all these years, but that dumb image you posted made me forget it

A shame, let's jog your memory!

Was one of your questions: how to make Smile Coin hit 9 times? :v:

yodar posted:

He's Giver. If anyone can, it's him.

Outside of using it as a faux-Escape Chip, then no it's useless. :eng99:

giver336 fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jul 11, 2016

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Huh, WoodMan was on 4's and not 1's?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Dabir posted:

Huh, WoodMan was on 4's and not 1's?

I guess he was told in BN1 to make like a tree and leaf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

hi slur

• Locked thread