Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

I'm not saying to much, but someone in this issue is french kissing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Missed opportunity by not having him say "Mole'lady"

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Does anyone know if there's some sort of Gwenpool/Deadpool team-up on the cards? I'd like to see the collective meta.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

How?

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

BrianWilly posted:

I don't think this issue was as bad as the second or third issues, but this may possibly contain the worst characterization of Carol Danvers that's ever existed, so that's saying something.

The worst part is that it's not even consistent with Carol's actions in previous issues of CWII. Like, she went from "Knowing where the bad stuff is gonna be, let's put people there and make it a controlled environment where casualties will be limited" to "WELP THOUGHT POLICE" without any explanation. You can't even say "oh it's those dicks at S.H.I.E.L.D. loving things up for nebulous reasons", it's something Carol is totally down with. And it's the worst, dumbest way to use Ulysses, which makes even less sense since she's in the Ultimates with like, half a dozen supergeniuses.

And then also the Guardians of the Galaxy show up.

Man what a terrible event.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
SHIELD even say to let the lady go because they've got nothing on her, and Carol just doubles-down on "SHE MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING!"

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Well Uylesses has to be infallible or Rhodey love of her 26 shared panels didn't have to die or some equally dumb reason passed of as a character moment.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

No one cares about this event

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

SynthOrange posted:

No one cares about this event

Well yes but they're working on it! Isn't it in the job description to at least pretend?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The letters are inside the bubble what more do you want?!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Those errors happen sometimes.

wombat74
Sep 30, 2005

Corporate Fat Cat
Ulysses knew the conversation was going to happen befo... umm

Superboy punched time really hard?

Yeah I got nothing

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Howard the Duck is on the edge of going full Animal Man, and Howard also appeared in Mockingbird, because that book is also great.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

WAR FOOT posted:

SHIELD even say to let the lady go because they've got nothing on her, and Carol just doubles-down on "SHE MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING!"

SHE MUST HAVE BEEN GOING TO DO SOMETHING

They finally take the time to draw her face right, and then they write her as a total dumbass. After this, she's going to realize that she's The Thing of The Ultimates.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah it was a good week for Marvel. Despite CW2 being so-so, the Ms Marvel, Captain Marvel and Totally Awesome Hulk tie ins were great.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Bendis is just trying to get Carol out of the way so Kitty Pryde his one true love the best character for the job can be the female face of the company.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If Kitty wasn't MCU available they would probably let him, Captain Marvel is a bust anyway.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

SirDan3k posted:

Bendis is just trying to get Carol out of the way so Kitty Pryde his one true love the best character for the job can be the female face of the company.

Is Bendis finally going to pull the trigger and Have Squirrel Girl ruin all good progressive comics?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Aphrodite posted:

If Kitty wasn't MCU available they would probably let him, Captain Marvel is a bust anyway.

Yep getting an academy award winning address to play her shows how big of a bust she is

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mr. Maltose posted:

Is Bendis finally going to pull the trigger and Have Squirrel Girl ruin all good progressive comics?

What the hell crap is this?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

So, wait, I missed something. Why is Beast hanging out with the Inhumans? Is he making googly eyes at Medusa? Should I actually be reading anything with the Inhumans label on it besides the semi-annual issues of Karnak?

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Cabbit posted:

So, wait, I missed something. Why is Beast hanging out with the Inhumans? Is he making googly eyes at Medusa? Should I actually be reading anything with the Inhumans label on it besides the semi-annual issues of Karnak?

He's in the better Inhumans book, Uncanny Inhumans. He's working on a cure to the problem Mutants have with the Terrigen mists. He's not really into Medusa, but there is someone else in UI that's into Medusa.

Uncanny Inhumans is the good Inhumans book. I totally recommend getting caught up on it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

No inhuman book is good. Hope this helps, friend.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

twistedmentat posted:

What the hell crap is this?

I will never not joke about the time Dan insisted that Squirrel Girl was bad as a calculated move by marvel to ruin the trend of books being more than white dudes punching white dudes. Repeatedly. Over several days.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Disregard this falsehood. Uncanny is worth reading for Reader alone.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This opinion is correct if the only Inhuman book you're reading is All New. Uncanny is not a top tier book or anything, but it is good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Yep getting an academy award winning address to play her shows how big of a bust she is

Do you really not see how it absolutely does?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

Do you really not see how it absolutely does?

Humor us.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Mr. Maltose posted:

I will never not joke about the time Dan insisted that Squirrel Girl was bad as a calculated move by marvel to ruin the trend of books being more than white dudes punching white dudes. Repeatedly. Over several days.

Dan Slott? What happened?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Mr. Maltose posted:

Just because they created the Springtime for Hitler of comicbooks doesn't mean I wasn't right.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

This is going to be good...

Not as good as the latest issue of Squirrel Girl, but I'll be entertained.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

SirDan3k posted:

Just because they created the Springtime for Hitler of comicbooks doesn't mean I wasn't right.

See, when we post about Superman crying while beating Bizarro to death everyone agrees it was a dumb idea. But this is a position with backbone!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SirDan3k posted:

No, you were in fact 100% wrong and are too embarrassed to admit it because somehow "they wanted it to fail but instead it SUCCEEDED!" is somehow an easier explanation than "I didn't like this comic but other people did."

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ImpAtom posted:

No, you were in fact 100% wrong and are too embarrassed to admit it because somehow "they wanted it to fail but instead it SUCCEEDED!" is somehow an easier explanation than "I didn't like this comic but other people did."

Good old fashioned stupidity is always an option as well.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Maxwell Adams posted:

SHE MUST HAVE BEEN GOING TO DO SOMETHING

They finally take the time to draw her face right, and then they write her as a total dumbass. After this, she's going to realize that she's The Thing of The Ultimates.

If Carol is the Thing, then T'Challa is shaping up to be the Johnny Storm of the Ultimates, since this week's Hulk basically ends with him going "What? This kid mocked us? I AM GETTING MY loving MECH SUIT I'M NOT LETTING THIS STAND"

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

CWII 4 was loving great. Loved it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I want to make sure I got this right, Dan Slott thought that Squirrel Girl was given her own solo book to destroy the traditional demographic of comic readers?

:psyduck:

I want Mockingbird to never, ever end.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I want to make sure I got this right, Dan Slott thought that Squirrel Girl was given her own solo book to destroy the traditional demographic of comic readers?

I want Mockingbird to never, ever end.

Where are you getting Dan Slott from in this conversation

e: actually EVERYTHING about your interpretation of these events is off

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

bobkatt013 posted:

32B?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

twistedmentat posted:

No, it's even better. He convinced himself, that it was a false flag operation to prove that female oriented comics are always awful. In other words Marvel produced an awful book, just to point at it whenever someone demands something more progressive.

Needless to say, that opinion is wrong in pretty much every imaginable way.

And it's not about Dan Slott (whoever that is), but the guy who posted further up.

SirDan3k posted:

This guy.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jul 28, 2016

• Locked thread