Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

McGlockenshire posted:

From University student identified as shooter in deadly mosque attack posted by freeper TigerClaws

From zero to :psyboom: in 7 posts flat.

It can't be true because it wasn't the first thing said!

The first thing said was a rumor on reddit that it was two Syrian refugees.

See, in Canada we don't have a first amendment and instead have laws about "inciting hatred". I would loving love to have the RCMP investigate the original poster of that "rumor"; maybe not enough there to charge him, but enough to make him poo poo his pants and get fired from wherever he works from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Dang, guess it really was possible after all.

Reading down that post a bit, there's a blurb about him being quoted in an ABC article from 2001:

quote:

After Clinton spoke to a Morgan Stanley conference in Florida last week, some Clinton critics cut their ties to the firm. Investor Dale Reed, for example, told ABCNEWS he transferred a $35,000 account to another company.

"If they pay this man huge sums to speak in front of them," Reed said, "there's going to be a backlash against their products and companies."
:psyduck:

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
There's a curious mechanism within the State Department called the "Dissent Channel." It was created in the wake of the Vietnam War as a way for overseas staffers to file formal complaints about policies, both at a local and national level. Dissent Channel memos go straight to the top officers at the State Department. All memos sent are guaranteed a response. The Dissent Channel is not anonymous. Quite the opposite, actually, but there is a guarantee of zero repercussions for using the Dissent Channel.

The immigration EO has sparked a Dissent Channel memo that was leaked to the press. During yesterday's press conference, Sean Spicer said those that filed the memo "should either get with the program or they can go."

Now combine this statement with yesterday's firing of the Acting Attorney General for following her oath instead of orders. The press has lost their fear of talking about authoritarianism, but it's really rather too late for that now, isn't it. During today's press conference, Spicer became defensive and combative when asked about the nature of the dismissal.

From Dissent memo circulating in the State Department over Trump’s policy on refugees and immigrants posted by freeper ColdOne

You all know how this is going to go, so let's get the entire first page out of the way.

quote:

To: ColdOne

Fire everyone who signs it FOR CAUSE.

2 posted on 1/30/2017, 11:13:15 AM by Ouderkirk (To the left, everything must evidence that this or that strand of leftist theory is true)

quote:

its the govt employees and libtards that want us to die at the hands of the muzzies.

19 posted on 1/30/2017, 11:17:55 AM by Uversabound (Our Military past and present: Our Highest example of Brotherhood of Man & Doing God's Will)

quote:

To: Buckeye McFrog

Sounds like the Open Door HR Policy.

Feel free to speak openly (and short-circuit your career in the process)

I had a black friend commit corporate suicide by doing what you noted above. It took 3 years before he realized what he had done to himself via HR.

22 posted on 1/30/2017, 11:19:26 AM by Grampa Dave (lesbians, gays, transgenderits, minorities, illegals, muslims, Uber drivers & children hurt by Trump)

quote:

Anyone that wants to
Import even more islamonazi terrorists into USA must be FIRED immediately. We voted for DJT to STOP AND REVERSE the Islamic invasion of our country ( they need to be returned to the 57 nations they’ve ALREADY conquered by this exact same mass- invasion strategy). They have plenty of Moslem- run countries they can go live in. They have zero need to be here ( they are NOT legitimate “refugees”— they’re invaders )

23 posted on 1/30/2017, 11:20:02 AM by faithhopecharity ("Politicans are not born, they're excreted." -- Marcus Tillius Cicero)

loving hell, freep.

quote:

Polonium donuts.

37 posted on 1/30/2017, 11:34:00 AM by The Toll

This mechanism was set up in order to prevent another Vietnam, in order to help make sure that decisions were not being made in a vacuum.

quote:

Sounds like treasonous act to me.

Treason: The betrayal of one’s own country by waging war against it or by consciously or purposely acting to aid its enemies. The latter part of this definition has applied to way too many American citizens including those in leadership over the years. Our nation is the weaker because of so many aiding and abetting the enemy.

39 posted on 1/30/2017, 11:35:06 AM by Maudeen (No one on this earth is too far gone for Jesus.)

quote:

the Snake Dept has been the worst part of the Washington DC swamp for a loooong time, full of Nazis and Nazi-sympathizers. GO TRUMP! DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!!!!!!! YIPPEE!

55 posted on 1/30/2017, 1:46:02 PM by faithhopecharity ("Politicans are not born, they're excreted." -- Marcus Tillius Cicero)

This memo comes from overseas staff that are reacting to real concerns that they are being faced with.

quote:

They should look for other jobs. Maybe somewhere outside of the U.S.

58 posted on 1/30/2017, 2:01:32 PM by mulligan

63 posts, and not a single one suggesting in any way, shape, or form that dissent might be a good thing to have.

From ‘We Are Better than this Ban’: US Diplomats Plan Official Dissent posted by freeper markomalley

The freep excerpt on this one includes discussion of the history of the Dissent Channel and the reason for it to exist, as well as information on how it must remain retaliation-free in order to function. From the article's conclusion,

quote:

The channel has also been famously used to express dissent against U.S. policy during the conflicts in Bosnia and Iraq. More recently it was used last June by 51 diplomats who criticized the Obama administration’s policies in Syria, urging military strikes against the government of President Bashar al-Assad. John Kerry, the U.S. secretary of state at the time, met with the authors of the memo for about 30 minutes, engaging, The New York Times reported then, “in a surprisingly cordial conversation about whether there was a way, in the last six months of the Obama presidency, to use American military force to help end a conflict that by some estimates has claimed 500,000 lives.” Ultimately, that never happened.

Spicer’s call on the officers to quit if they disagree with policy is seen as highly unusual. I’ve reached out to AFSA for comments and will update this story when they respond.
The article was published in "Defense One," which I'd never heard of before, but it's run by The Atlantic. I wonder what freepers will poo poo on more, the Dissent Channel or the source of the article.

It turns out, neither, because nobody loving reads the article.

quote:

quote:

To: markomalley

Fire them all.

2 posted on 1/30/2017, 7:04:51 PM by DeathBeforeDishonor1

My words. You beat me to it. Do they think they are exempt?

9 posted on 1/30/2017, 7:07:06 PM by madison10 (Pray for President Trump and VP Mike Pence Daily)

FIRE ALL WHO OPPOSE US (even if they are supposed to be protected from repercussions, who needs 40 year old policies?)

quote:

DJT just fired the Acting Atty General. They’re all fired.

10 posted on 1/30/2017, 7:07:49 PM by Calusa (Let our children be dreamers, too! Donald Trump (and Kellyanne Conway))

quote:

this is laughable. OBozo’s Diplomats and hillary’s are upset? SCREW THEM!! YOU FRICKEN LOSE!! WE WIN !! STOP THESE KILLER MOHAMMEDANS AT OUT BORDER!

13 posted on 1/30/2017, 7:08:24 PM by WENDLE (Why are republicrats frozen like stones in the Congress? Did they not hear the PEOPLE?)

quote:

To: DeathBeforeDishonor1

Purge them.

The Pink Mafia controls our foreign embassies and ambassadorship.

Zero sent Chris Stevens open gay to a Muzzie country.

Crazy.

Fire them all.

15 posted on 1/30/2017, 7:09:10 PM by TigerClaws

Freep in a nutshell.

quote:

To: DeathBeforeDishonor1

“Fire them all.”

Yup, enough of this crap. If your company is taken over by another you either get with the new program, or get out. You are either with us, or you are against us! If you are against us, you are gone!! I don’t care about your feefees!!!!

22 posted on 1/30/2017, 7:11:27 PM by Batman11 ( The USA is not an ATM!)

quote:

All tried for treason with a choice of life in prison or parachute drop into Somalia.

26 posted on 1/30/2017, 7:13:29 PM by MtnClimber (For photos of Colorado scenery and wildlife, click on my screen name for my FR home page.)

It takes 28 posts before someone reads the article, and even then they don't actually understand what is meant by "channel" in the context of internal communications.

quote:

To: DoughtyOne

Read the article. It will be posted on some kind of TV channel and it’s against the law to retaliate against them.

28 posted on 1/30/2017, 7:13:53 PM by Terry Mross (I was once ," verysadamerican". Mo more since "WE" won!)

Freep in a nutshell, volume 2:

quote:

So why not close down the Dissent Channel immediately and cut them off at the pass before they issue their missive?

30 posted on 1/30/2017, 7:14:58 PM by Truth29

Hi Rome2000!

quote:

Eff the State Department and the thousands of faggots that “work” there.

33 posted on 1/30/2017, 7:15:36 PM by Rome2000 (SMASH THE CPUSA-SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS-CLOSE ALL MOSQUES)

63 posts in this thread another 63 in the other thread before someone FINALLY points out that silencing all dissent is probably not a good idea ... before proposing firing them all anyway.

quote:

To: All

Hmmm. I have to disagree with most all the comments here.

While I vehemently disagree with these foggy bottom pukes, I think the ability to voice dissent is important. I don’t think it should be allowed as a public venue but I do think it is vitally important that the president have access and exposure to a variety of opinions.

That said, Trump needs to vet and replace the entire SES at State as needed - which is probably 95% of them.

63 posted on 1/30/2017, 7:32:58 PM by TheTimeOfMan (A time for peace and a time for war)

No, they literally aren't.

quote:

To: madprof98

These are the same people who protected Hillary and delayed or withheld information in defiance of Congress and other lawful demands for her e mails. Remember how many could not be recovered according to them?Fire them all.

67 posted on 1/30/2017, 7:38:23 PM by Mollypitcher1 (I have not yet begun to fight....John Paul Jones)

quote:

The narcissism, the rhetoric,0mg, the stupid burns in this one. They think they are better than us mere voting peasants!

After the Army I went to job fairs and presentations and the State Department was one. The lady in there talked about flying first class and getting married with foreigners... She was completely subordinated and intimidated by foreign tin pot officials, it was disgusting

69 posted on 1/30/2017, 7:39:23 PM by JudgemAll (Democrats Fed. job-security Whorocracy & hate:hypocrites must be gay like us or be tested/crucified)

quote:

To: MtnClimber; MayflowerMadam

Indeed, not one of these cck sucking losers complained when their ambassador got murdered in Lybia, ut oh did they keep bad mouthing Bush about the security issues in Irak, and not one them got hurt.

I refueled and rearmed the Black Water helos in Iraq and you would see them coming out confused and dazed, like it was the first time they actually did work instead of flying first class

71 posted on 1/30/2017, 7:42:45 PM by JudgemAll (Democrats Fed. job-security Whorocracy & hate:hypocrites must be gay like us or be tested/crucified)

One more weak as hell "uh hey maybe dissent isn't bad"

quote:

This is a tempest in a teapot. The dissent channel can be used by anyone in the Department. It remains to be seen how many will sign whatever is produced.

The dissent channel is just a way for FSOs to express there disagreement with US policy. If someone finds that they can not support it as part of their official duties, then they should resign or be fired.

Having spent 28 years at State as an FSO, I don't view this as any big deal. The MSM will hype it, but the actual impact on US policy as directed by the President, will be nil.

73 posted on 1/30/2017, 7:42:47 PM by kabar

quote:

To: TheTimeOfMan

“I do think it is vitally important that the president have access and exposure to a variety of opinions.”

Are you still working?
If so, try drafting a critical memo directly opposed to goals your supervisor has spelled out for you, perhaps criticizing his/her ethics and humanity as well, a variety of opinions from your colleagues, then get as many co-workers as you can to sign it, you know,
Then lay it on his/her desk—no, give it your local newspaper and Atlantic magazine first. Let us know how that works out for you. Just for giggles, OK?

75 posted on 1/30/2017, 7:45:57 PM by tumblindice (America's founding fathers, all armed conservatives)

Something tells me I would hate working with this person.

quote:

To: rlmorel

I found that I was a lot more effective at my job when I spent more time trying to make my boss look good than myself.
These showboats have got to go if they think Trump will put up with this nonsense.
This by itself, IMHO, is grounds for cutting them loose.

90 posted on 1/30/2017, 8:15:12 PM by tumblindice (America's founding fathers, all armed conservatives)

quote:

We Are Better than this Ban

I'm not!

I want a total ban on all anti-American murdering rapists. In fact, it wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit to deport every parasitic wife-beater, baby-factory and child jihadi from our lands.

94 posted on 1/30/2017, 8:18:10 PM by ROCKLOBSTER (The fear of stark justice sends hot urine down their thighs.)

Three dissenters in 160 posts.

quote:

To: Truth29

Well, the fact is, they have been given a platform to openly complain, so you can’t fire them. But, if they don’t like the boss, then they should leave. Because I’m pretty sure they have to sign some sort of loyalty oath, and though they can express their opinions to a certain extent, if they can support the administration, or they should leave.

105 posted on 1/30/2017, 8:44:19 PM by Flaming Conservative

Three dissenters, while the rest of freep is basically this.

quote:

President Trump, drive the bulldozer. Flatten everything in your wake. You can’t stop the left from doing what they do. IGNORE THEM. Make them be less than hateful. Make them insignificant! Bulldoze them! They are pieces of filth who literally want to kill you. Pancake them! This is all out warfare. That is the way they see it so you should too!

108 posted on 1/30/2017, 8:48:25 PM by Castigar

A shining example of why the US government should not be run like a business.

quote:

Dear Professional diplomats; You sound like you are going to be making a very bad career move. Many of you have never worked a day in your life for a company that had to make a profit on your salary. If you get fired you are going to have a really hard time finding and keeping a private sector job.

127 posted on 1/31/2017, 12:11:35 AM by Robert357 (D.Rather "Hoist with his own petard!" hxxp://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1223916/posts)

200 posts on it, three posts of which note how it's an intended dissent mechanism. The rest of the posts are all about how they should be fired, or worse.

When the next steps towards Trump's march towards authoritarianism are unveiled, freep is going to welcome them with open arms.

I know I talk about how utterly hosed we are quite often now, but things really aren't looking up.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

SocketWrench posted:

No, the bible defines it as lying with another man as ine would with a woman...and since a man does not have a vagina, then this is impossible.
Perfectly possible to lay with a woman as one would with a man though.

You could argue that the actual Biblical definition of sodomy (the only time a sin is listed specifically charged unto Sodom) is being arrogant, overfed and unconcerned, and not helping the poor and needy.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

McGlockenshire posted:

I'm glad that the BSA is being dragged into the modern era. Now if they'd just soften their stance on mandatory religious beliefs so my own kids could join...

Your results may vary, but my childhood cub scout / boy scout troops did not give much of a crap about any of that. Since any troop leaders are probably going to be the parents of one of the kids, you just need to find a group with reasonable values.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
GODDAMMIT FREEP A COUNTRY IS NOT A BUSINESS HOW HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND ? :mad:

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Bobulus posted:

Your results may vary, but my childhood cub scout / boy scout troops did not give much of a crap about any of that. Since any troop leaders are probably going to be the parents of one of the kids, you just need to find a group with reasonable values.

Kind of the same for me as a kid. Scoutmaster basically told us he didn't care what we believed in. I think his exact words were, "You can tell me you believe in your TV if you want, just don't say nothing."

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Just quoting this to drag up the saddest prediction:

Ringo Star Get posted:

Honestly, would he had lived after this election? Better to die thinking Trump wins than to die in a world with a female democrat president for a Freeper.

Dale won in the end after all :unsmith:

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
God! What part of "Dissent is the highest form of patriotism treason" don't those Libtards understand! Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God worthy of death after all!

I wonder just how many Freepers have no idea Trump's actions have already hurt them and will sweep it under the rug if/when they discover it. "My mortgage going up is worth being sure of our nation's email security!"

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Bobulus posted:

Yeah, when my dad was scoutmaster the whole religious side was very low key to nonexistent.

Then we moved to North Carolina and one of the kids said he was going to tell on me if I said rear end a second time.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

SocketWrench posted:

^ And yet they never cry about thousands of kids that can't attend school without going into debt for the rest of their lives

No, the bible defines it as lying with another man as ine would with a woman...and since a man does not have a vagina, then this is impossible.

It's actually a prohibition against bisexual orgies, the correct translation is lying with a man CONCURRENTLY WITH a woman.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

It's kind of a sad funny that we've had so many of these shootings and poo poo that aren't muslims doing the deeds, but yet to "secure the nation from such attacks" we ban entry into the US to refugees and citizens with Muslim backgrounds which are, statistically speaking, the one group least likely to go shoot up a place.

Guavanaut posted:

Perfectly possible to lay with a woman as one would with a man though.

You could argue that the actual Biblical definition of sodomy (the only time a sin is listed specifically charged unto Sodom) is being arrogant, overfed and unconcerned, and not helping the poor and needy.

Yeah, but that's mentioned later so it could have been made to attribute those issues to Sodom instead of the buttsex. BTW, did you know the serpent in eden was Satan because this passage later in the book says Satan was a serpent. THE BIBLE IS 100% ACCURATE AND TRUE THERE ARE NO MISTAKES!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

It's actually a prohibition against bisexual orgies, the correct translation is lying with a man CONCURRENTLY WITH a woman.

I TOLD YOU THE BIBLE IS 100% FACTUAL AND PERFECT YOU DUMB LIB. STOP LYING ALREADY!

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 1, 2017

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I'm pretty sure that is more sad frustrating than sad funny. :sigh:

Spicer's appropriation of the shooting to try and justify Trump's bigoted policies was just unbelievable.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Freep is Done with Facebook and liberals, a vanity thread posted by freeper luckystarmom

the OP posted:

I don't know what has changed in society, but I am done.

The stupid protests of the last week have pushed me over.

I'm going to limit my Facebook presence

I really need to move out of California, but my husband has work here.

I'm beginning to think the terrorist have won because they have split our nation.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD WILL FIX IT!

quote:

To: luckystarmom

Don’t give up! This is all in God’s hands.

3 posted on 1/30/2017, 2:07:30 PM by ViLaLuz (2 Chronicles 7:14)

The devil did it!

quote:

What took you so long?

FB is the Devil’s tool.

4 posted on 1/30/2017, 2:08:47 PM by upchuck (Isn't it great having the greatest counter-puncher in the world in the White House?)

No, commies did it!

quote:

Terrorists did not split our nation.

That is a long-term project that began in the halls of academia in the 1960’s. We’re just seeing the Alinsky plan come to its natural fruition.

6 posted on 1/30/2017, 2:09:44 PM by Buckeye McFrog

No, demons did it!

quote:

I feel the same way about getting out of this crazy state. It’s God’s country run by demons. The taxes we pay are insane but not as crazy as the way the kooks here waste the money.

7 posted on 1/30/2017, 2:10:03 PM by NohSpinZone (First thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers)

No, Soros did it!

quote:

Quitting is a great idea - makes your life a lot calmer! Don’t lose heart though - remember that hundreds or even thousands of those are paid protestors, from the web of Soros organizations.

8 posted on 1/30/2017, 2:10:52 PM by Kay Ludlow (Government actions ALWAYS have unintended consequences...)

No, the Zuck did it!

quote:

Delete your Fecebook account.

Every time you log on you make Zuckerface richer and he uses his wealth to fund illegal alien advocacy groups.

If you Fecebook, you are funding our demise.

11 posted on 1/30/2017, 2:11:39 PM by Lurkinanloomin (Natural Born Citizen Means Born Here Of Citizen Parents - Know Islam, No Peace -No Islam, Know Peace)

No, that loving dangling quote mark at the end did it.

quote:

“I’m beginning to think the terrorist have won because they have split our nation.”

The split was always there. Islam is simply the latest public face of it.

On the good side, this hysterical idiocy is symptomatic of a full collapse of the other side. In a year things will be calmed down as you can’t keep that level of hysteria going for long.

Additionally, the horrors they are predicting will fail to come to pass and how do you keep the craziness going when all is sweetness and light and a better economy?”

13 posted on 1/30/2017, 2:12:19 PM by Gen.Blather (n)

When the other side calls me unamerican, yeah, it's hard to live side by side.

quote:

To: ViLaLuz

Think I’m turning to prayer.

I live Free Republic, but it can be group think here. (Right now it’s a safe haven.)

I would live to peacefully discuss ideas with people who don’t think the same as me. It seems those days are gone.

17 posted on 1/30/2017, 2:14:41 PM by luckystarmom

NO YOU GUYS IT WAS THE COMMIEFASATANISTS!

quote:

These aren’t liberals. These are Communist-Fascist Satanists. Dangerous, stupid/brainwashed and evil, without any cognitive reasoning ability or critical thinking skills.

24 posted on 1/30/2017, 2:16:51 PM by fieldmarshaldj (Je Suis Pepe)

Original formatting.

quote:

I'm beginning to think the terrorist have won because they have split our nation.

No they haven't. It is the Left who has split our nation, and they will soon discover that it isn't a 50/50 split. It's actually more like 60/40, with us "deplorables" on the majority side.

You're letting the Media deceive and manipulate you again, just like they tirelessly tried to do during the election cycle.

Make no mistake: We the People are winning!

Do not be discouraged by all the flak that's flying around. It simply means that President Trump is directly over the target.

So, by all means, disconnect from the Enemy forces, such as those elites who seek to turn America into a Marxist hellhole. I think that soon many "deplorables" will be shutting down their Facebook accounts, turning their back on the news networks, and, in general, leaving behind the celebrities and all the other hysterical, unhinged lunatics.

Make no mistake: We the People are winning!

This Revolution can be accomplished peacefully, or otherwise. But it will be accomplished one way or another, and people had better choose sides wisely...

31 posted on 1/30/2017, 2:24:15 PM by sargon (LS sez: "The Uniparty Establishment has NO idea what's about to hit them!")

quote:

Today I just realized that two good friends of mine are no longer my friends. All because I quietly unfriended one on Facebook two months ago. I couldn't stand the constant stream of Michelle Obama worship and SNL jokes against Trump that she was pushing, making him sound like a bully. When I messaged her privately, asking her if she really believed all that, she wrote, You have a lot of nerve telling me what to post. If we weren't friends for fifteen years, I'd unfriend you. You owe me an apology. I'm a victim of bullying at work and you're bullying me now."

I apologized just to save the friendship altho' I didn't think a private conversation was bullying, and she said, You'll have to do better than that, you'll have to sit down and think about how you don't have the right to tell me what to post." So I thought, I don't need this, and quietly unfriended her but I kept in touch with her as another friend exchanges emails with both of us in the subject line. So this week, Person Number One hits me again, saying I have a lot of nerve asking about what's going on in her life, if I hadn't unfriended her, then I'd see on Facebook what she was doing - she claimed I don't appreciate my TRUE friends and would rather talk to FAKE friends in Australia who post about their cats. The rant went on and on and I actually wondered if this person was having a meltdown, as in psycho time. Then she got the second friend to email me, saying I was unreasonable for unfriending the person and I should explain myself, I should apologize for my rudeness. At this point I'm thinking, KMA, I don't need this cr**. By the way, all of us are grown adults even tho it sounds like we're fifteen years old and in high school.

36 posted on 1/30/2017, 2:27:35 PM by Ciexyz (Happy days are here again, with Trump/Pence!)

No, it was the MSM!

quote:

To: NEMDF

I think it is the MSM that has caused the nation to split, JMHO.

Then we need to hunt the mediapukes down like animals and put them back in their places!

39 posted on 1/30/2017, 2:30:02 PM by RoseofTexas

quote:

I checked out of FB and all the other cultural marxist/globalist funding fronts years ago. Divest from Silicon Valley to whatever extent possible. Those people are hell bent on destroying the country, and any attempts to invade their little echo chamber are just going to get you or your family personally targeted.

45 posted on 1/30/2017, 2:42:49 PM by Eisenhower Republican (Supervillains for Trump: "Because evil pays better!")

No, it was the women.

quote:

I share your frustration My wife is CONSUMED now by Facebook, it’s literally destroying my marriage.

After 20 yrs of marriage she told me she was voting for Hillary. Made me sick to my stomach.

I have a bunch of friends and this left wing lunacy has made some of them completely insane. I live in Western Washington and I’m just sick of it here, and have thought of moving to Idaho.

I’m so sick of Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Apple, and the left wing sympathizing companies....like SBUX etc...

47 posted on 1/30/2017, 2:43:54 PM by Professional

quote:

I know what you mean. Facebook has ended every friendship with any liberal friend I once had and several of my nieces and nephews are strangers to me now. They’re brains full of leftist mush. It’s sad.

52 posted on 1/30/2017, 2:54:41 PM by jmacusa (Election 2016. The Battle of Midway for The Democrat Party.)

quote:

I was in college back then. I was smart enough to see what Cronkite and the others were doing about Vietnam. I watched Fox for a while until they got just as bad. I belong to many conservative news sites, several President Trump sites on Facebook so I am as up to date as anyone else plus this site is great. I have deleted a few friends who started posting lib junk and have hidden comments from people I did not know. I can do without that stupid junk. Someone posted in the comments section about how terrible the immigration ban was. I replied that several exes had said the same thing. I may have gotten rid of another one or two. No great loss. It is odd that they never posted political stuff about Obama. These posts showed me they were never really for this country. It is great that my friends and relatives are Christian conservatives.

63 posted on 1/30/2017, 3:06:44 PM by MamaB (Heb : 13:2)

Hi Kit Cat!

quote:

I am in CA. also it is very hard to believe that people of this country are STANDING UP for the possibility of ANOTHER 9/11!!! WE WILL NEVER FORGET means NOTHING anymore!!! ALL of those BASTARDS were here on over stayed visas!!!!!

64 posted on 1/30/2017, 3:09:11 PM by Trump Girl Kit Cat (Yosemite Sam raising hell)

No really guys, it was the women

quote:

As far as I know only women use Facebook.

The few brief times I stopped by and look, it was no different than the way girls socialize in high school.

Therefore I surmise it just facilitates arrested development of girls to women.

69 posted on 1/30/2017, 3:16:04 PM by Mariner (War Criminal #18)

EXCUSE ME I SAID GOOOOOOOOOOOD WILL FIX IT

quote:

California ain't the problem. SPOILED BRATS who have NO contact with JESUS are the problem.

Easy to blame a person, group, country, state or city for problems. The REAL problem is ALWAYS that person looking back atcha in the mirror.

Our only goal should be to get to our Father in heaven. NOTHING ELSE.
Jesus taught us HOW to do that. LOVE your enemies. Do unto others. Those are SIMPLE things to do but NOT easy.

72 posted on 1/30/2017, 3:18:13 PM by cloudmountain

No no no, really, guys, really, it was the women.

quote:

To: tiki

It was the “women’s” March that hot to me.

Then they sat that protesting is our right.

Well, I am not seeing protesting. I am seeing intimidation.

The sad part is seeing my kids’ friends turn into flaming liberals. My own kids are pretty brainwashed.

74 posted on 1/30/2017, 3:23:21 PM by luckystarmom

Yaelle needs to step up her /s game.

quote:

Ah feel your pain too. Caring for mom here in CA, not going to stay here forever. And FB? I go on briefly for good reasons and get the hell off. My friends on there are so liberal, so fooled. It is painful and unwelcoming to say the least. And being a hated minority here gets old. If only I were gay, trans, or into s&M or bestiality, I could “be who I am” right out in public. Instead I am living in the shadows. The illegals sure as hell aren’t.

76 posted on 1/30/2017, 3:31:15 PM by Yaelle

No, guys, it was the commies because they gave the women the vote!

quote:

I agree in spirit, but I put it much further back in years:

The communists really began to take control over 100 years ago, with the Amendments: Income Tax, Direct Senatorial Vote, Vote For Women (they did not care about women, they cared that women are 50% of the population, and reliably vote farther left than men on average).

Then, in the 1920s, The Frankfurt School [a.k.a., The Frankfurt Institute for Social Research] began its usurpation of all academia. Today, they have infiltrated all existing organizations, as part of their Long March Through The Institutions. Those institutions include Christian seminaries and colleges, which have become as corrupt and leftist as many of the worst secular schools.

78 posted on 1/30/2017, 3:32:57 PM by YogicCowboy ("I am not entirely on anyone's side, because no one is entirely on mine." - JRRT)

God, I hate Yaelle

quote:

To: Trump Girl Kit Cat

KitCat, I was thinking just this morning, if we could bring back all the dead victims on 9/11, even the probably very lib victims in Paris and Orlando, I’d LOVE to hear their position on unfettered immigration from terrorist sponsoring countries. What about their families, torn apart, bereft????

The libs screaming racism today MIGHT LOSE THEIR SON OR GIRLFRIEND TOMORROW in the next attack. Is taking in and not enforcing visas of people from those countries worth their future tragedy????

84 posted on 1/30/2017, 3:40:27 PM by Yaelle

quote:

To: upchuck

What took you so long? FB is the Devil’s tool.

Anything can be the devils tool. It can also be a place to take a stand for issues no matter how unpopular or unwelcome it may be to the devils agenda. FB also has lots of Christians including preachers and even entertainers who stand up for The Gospel and also stand for Conservatism. Today I've read comments from Franklin Graham, Herman Cain, and Charlie Daniels as an example. The sad part of it is you also learn fast how many friends, relatives, etc do not believe in Jesus Christ. Something you really may not have otherwise known about them. It's opportunity and a venue to help them.

91 posted on 1/30/2017, 3:50:02 PM by cva66snipe ((Two Choices left for U.S. One Nation Under GOD or One Nation Under Judgment? Which one say ye?))

Hello, have you heard of the term "internalized misogyny" before? It's a thing.

quote:

To: sit-rep

I think what made me sad is people that I thought were nice being such jerks. I can’t even imagine posting things about Hillary or Obama like what they are posting about Trump. Then you get called a racist if you support Trump. The funny one was being called a misogynist by a lawyer high school “friend”. I was a female engineer in Silicon Valley 25 years ago.

95 posted on 1/30/2017, 4:02:14 PM by luckystarmom

Echo chambers are great!

quote:

To: upchuck

Dump Facebook.
Dump liberal friends.
Dump extreme liberal family.
Jump your happiness quotient.

98 posted on 1/30/2017, 4:09:00 PM by Scarpetta (ue)

Oh, wait, hold on, it was Obama.

quote:

Obama split the nation. Purposely. He insidiously, dangerously gave many lost, weak minded Americans a wicked sense of backwards entitlement. He did everything he could to “fundamentally change the United States of America” and this is part of it.

99 posted on 1/30/2017, 4:19:22 PM by Vision (Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid - Reagan)

Ahahaha oh god, read it all

quote:

it is really sad. My own sister ... she owns a Karaoke company(a big one-105 shows a week) and she deleted my posts when I come in from time to time and debate when political discourse was goin on. she deleted a couple of my posts because she didn’t want to offend a portion of her customer base! You know what my comment was?? someone asked how they could verify fake news. so I commented and left a link to Free Republic!! a few of her gay friends/customers blew a gasket and proceeded to flame me for being a part of a homophobe site! My sister deleted my comments!!! lol... needless to say I unfriended my own sister over it!

It gets ugly but ya cant let it get into your conscience... live on....

100 posted on 1/30/2017, 4:19:51 PM by sit-rep

quote:

“I’m beginning to think the terrorists have won...”

That’s too bad. Shouldn’t you be thinking Trump (we) won? And shouldn’t you be beginning to think of ways to back him (us) up, instead of bailing out when the fight is just beginning?
On second thought, who needs you. Go hide in your safe space. If the keyboard commandos on FB are too scary, God help you when reality in jackboots kicks down your door.

105 posted on 1/30/2017, 4:30:40 PM by mumblypeg (Make America Macho Again.)

Ragequits will fix it!

quote:

I’m with you. The woman’s March put me over the edge. I posted an anti-stupidity, anti-hypocrite rant insulting every liberal I know and deactivated my account an hour later. I despise liberals and what they have done to this country. There’s no reasoning with them. I’m done. I hate what theyve done to our country. I feel like even though we won, we really didn’t. It doesn’t matter that you are in liberal Cali. My husband and I retired to conservative SW Florida a year ago and we still encounter stupid evil libs.

113 posted on 1/30/2017, 5:24:46 PM by jersey117

On the women's march,

quote:

quote:

Most of these people are paid protesters. Most of our country is not like this. The media only pays attention to what it wants to. You only hear about the violent loudmouths, not all the good, decent people out there.

122 posted on 1/30/2017, 6:12:10 PM by Trillian

Not in California. Even women from my church went to the Women’s March.

The professional protestors don’t bother me that much. It’s friends that bother me.

123 posted on 1/30/2017, 6:23:07 PM by luckystarmom

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Freepers: If you Fecebook, you are funding our demise.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Anheuser-Busch’s Super Bowl ad tackles immigration posted by freeper ColdOne

quote:

Anheuser-Busch just won the Super Bowl of advertising with this timely cinematic ad spot celebrating its immigrant founder, Adolphus Busch.

The 60-second TV ad is set to make a star of handsome Sam Schweikert, who plays the young German entrepreneur from Hamburg.

The beautifully shot commercial, titled “Born the Hard Way,” was released Tuesday, and hits in the midst of a raging immigration debate.

It celebrates the struggle of the company’s founder to make it to St. Louis — still the company’s headquarters — and realize his vision of creating a new kind of beer.

This is a two-for-one deal of a thread. Outrage over immigration and outrage over the NFL in the same thiread!

quote:

[sigh].....once again.....

There IS NO IMMIGRATION DEBATE.

NO ONE is arguing that immigrants have not made important contributions to this country.

This is about the Rule of Law and National Security.

2 posted on 1/31/2017, 10:14:41 AM by Buckeye McFrog

If they didn't, would they be doing the commercial?

quote:

Do they really think this is a good idea, given the probably political inclinations of who drinks their beer?

3 posted on 1/31/2017, 10:15:14 AM by Opinionated Blowhard ("When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.")

quote:

Muzzie terrorist “refugees” don’t drink beer! Dumb move.

5 posted on 1/31/2017, 10:16:47 AM by FlingWingFlyer (As long as tyranny exists, the Constitution and Bill of Right will never be "outdated" or "obsolete")

Inclusiveness works.

quote:

Geez.. So now we have to be liberal to watch the Super Bowl???

Why is there such a strong desire among Corporate America types to bend over backwards to prove they are liberal? What is the point if this ad if not to make a liberal political statement???

10 posted on 1/31/2017, 10:18:28 AM by Dilbert San Diego

quote:

The whole immigration wave here and in Europe is nothing but a very well planned, subtle, form of biological warfare. Sooner or later, there will be massive outbreaks of disease that Western folks are no longer as immune to as the immigrants.

The only reason big immigration wave to the States worked was because the immigrants were of the same European stock and in addition, were carefully screened for contagious disease.

12 posted on 1/31/2017, 10:18:38 AM by Rashputin (Jesus Christ doesn't evacuate His troops, He leads them to victory !!)

quote:

To: Opinionated Blowhard

Do they really think this is a good idea, given the probably political inclinations of who drinks their beer?

Bud is foreign owned and no doubt some homo at an ad agency put the ad together. They don’t not give a you know what.

18 posted on 1/31/2017, 10:20:18 AM by lodi90

The clear difference being ...?

quote:

To: Opinionated Blowhard

There is a very clear difference between the sort of European immigrant who becomes a great beer baron by intelligent industry, in offering a desired product to his new neighbors and fellow countrymen, and the illegal, anti-”gringo” flood across our Southern border—or, for that matter, the unvetted near eastern “refugees.” (Of course, I know that Budweiser now belongs to the Belgians.)

24 posted on 1/31/2017, 10:22:54 AM by Ohioan

Forget the guns, next they're coming for our beer!

quote:

Yeah, well, Muslims don’t allow alcohol.

So the next wave of immigration, Mr. Adolphus, will do away with your company at the point of a gun.

How do like that immigration?

27 posted on 1/31/2017, 10:24:40 AM by Scott from the Left Coast

quote:

To: FlingWingFlyer

Yeah and when these liberal idiots help the muzzies take over alcohol will be ILLEGAL.

37 posted on 1/31/2017, 10:35:30 AM by MagnoliaB (You can't always get what you want but if you try sometime you might find, you get what you need.)

"and you can tell which one they are by how they look and where they come from, right?"

quote:

There are several varieties of “immigrants”. Some come because they have made a conscious CHOICE to become like these fabled people, “Americans”, who seem to enjoy a higher standard of living and far more freedom, than is common throughout most of the rest of the world. These people are willing, in every way, to emulate all the traits and characteristics that make Americans unique in the history of the world, and to adopt that mantle of “American” for themselves.

Some come for business or social reasons, because though they may be predisposed to look favorably upon Americans, they recognize that is not the pattern they want for their lives, and after a visit, depart and return to their own country of origin, with tales of those “quaint” citizens of another land.

There are those who have fled their land of nativity in the dark of night, in fear for their lives, because conditions in their home country have become intolerable. ANYWHERE would be better than facing death and destitution, not because they think America is the best or only destination, but because they just want to live to see another day. Often they have no idea or even curiosity about what an American may or may not be, but there may be temporary shelter there.

Then there are those who simply steal in during the night, with varying degrees of malice in mind. America is wealthy, by their measure, and taking some, or even a lot, would benefit them as individuals greatly, and probably the Americans would not even mind too much. But they are by definition clearly intent on criminal activity.

And always there just a few, who come with real mayhem in mind, come here to break things and cause great personal woe and grief. They engage in widespread prevarication and secretive behavior, then in a moment (for them) of glory, they bust things wide open, either for their own aggrandizement, or to open the way for others of even more destructive intent, acting as a fifth column arrived for the purpose of subversion and conquest by others. These last are truly and unmistakable enemies of the state.

The worst aspect of all this is, there are those who conflate ALL varieties of immigrants under the same definition, not troubling to differentiate by either intent or by their actions.

47 posted on 1/31/2017, 10:46:44 AM by alloysteel (John Galt has chosen to take the job. This time, Atlas did NOT shrug.)

This is also likely to be true.

quote:

I have no doubt that this was written, produced, directed edited and put in the can weeks and weeks ago. There is no way a company the size of Bud, with the demographics of its consumer, would put out an anti-Trump ad and put it in the Super Bowl. They probably spent 6 months and 15 million dollars putting this together and put zero consideration into the political angle.

51 posted on 1/31/2017, 10:50:43 AM by calljack (Sometimes your worst nightmare is just a start.)

quote:

To: Sans-Culotte

Same here, skipping it altogether just like I did the entire NFL season. I would rather watch a test pattern than get lecture after lecture on social justice from these leftist thugs. If I were AB I would think long and hard before pissing on middle America with yet another BS lecture from the left. There are lots of other beers to consume besides the AB brand out there.

58 posted on 1/31/2017, 11:10:33 AM by sarge83

quote:

Not surprised. NFL sucks and hates our values. Anheuser-Busch also sucks and hates our values. Any conservative patronizing either the NFL or A-B is deluded and probably a closet libertarian or worse, a democrat. We can’t defeat our enemies until and unless we get our minds right about what has to be done. I say crush them underfoot until they surrender unconditionally. They want this war. They want to fight. If we don’t get our minds right we will share that same fate as did the Menshevik’s not too long after the communist revolution in Russia.

65 posted on 1/31/2017, 11:17:42 AM by DonPaulJonesII (The only thing than a democrat is a lousy, dishonest, disloyal scumbag republican.)

quote:

To: Sans-Culotte

I accomplished several such tasks on Sundays during this past football season. When you start skipping sports events, you realize how much time was wasted on them.

I did the same here after the Former niners, NOI (Nation of Islam) thug pretending to be a pro QB did his first stunt and the anti American thugs who own the Former Niners and NFL made him into a BLM hero.

86 posted on 1/31/2017, 2:33:49 PM by Grampa Dave (lesbians, gays, transgenderits, minorities, illegals, muslims, Uber drivers & children hurt by Trump)

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Donald Trump does something not terrible, lets see what Freep thinks.

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3519784/posts

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3519753/posts

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/3519518/posts?page=72#72

President Donald J. Trump Will Continue To Enforce Executive Order Protecting The Rights Of The LGBTQ Community In The Workplace

quote:

To: Pinkbell

Many of us who voted for Trump did so for many reasons other than LBGT crap. It’s not important right now.

Plus, no one should be fired because they’re gay.

3 posted on 1/31/2017, 4:36:49 PM by Terry Mross (I was once ," verysadamerican". Mo more since "WE" won!)

Well, that's a complete 180.

quote:

All US citizens are entitled to the same protections as everyone else. Wouldn’t have it any other way.

That doesn’t mean I’ll shop at the place with the rainbow flag flying out front but I wouldn’t want them put out of business because of it.

7 posted on 1/31/2017, 4:50:24 PM by MeganC (Thank you, President Trump!)

Weird how this suddenly became a good thing under Trump, can't imagine why.

Of course there are dissenters

quote:

To: Caimito

New York Values.

2 posted on 1/31/2017, 3:11:11 PM by elhombrelibre (Cogito ergo sum a conservative pro-American.)

quote:

To: Caimito
FACEPALM

I like our president and I'm glad he's in the oval office instead of Hillary sodom Arafat Clinton. She would've done the worst damage possible.

America would've either looked like all of San Francisco, All of Detroit or all of Tehran had she been elected.

Our once great country wouldn't be great again. It'd be either a bath house, a caliphate, a ghetto or a wasteland.
9 posted on 1/31/2017, 3:17:53 PM by mainestategop (DonÂ’t Let Freedom Slip Away! After America , There is No Place to Go)

quote:

To: onedoug

“I will never accept this biological aberration.”

I have never have, I never will. And neither will god fearing people. But, I understand the protection of them in the workplace.

But, their marriages need to be made illegal and they should all be required to undergo gay conversion therapy.

51 posted on 1/31/2017, 1:24:35 AM by ConsCA

quote:

There is no excuse for retaining protections for transgender employees. It is a mental illness to believe or constantly act like something you are not. We don’t need crazy people working in government.

70 posted on 1/31/2017, 11:39:37 AM by aimhigh (1 John 3:23)

quote:

the GOP is acting like a massive cuck on transvestitism.

78 posted on 1/31/2017, 6:08:23 PM by ErikJohnsky

quote:

the White House said the president was proud to embrace gay rights

Uh oh, God isn’t smiling on this one. Do you think the President earnestly prayed about this before making his announcement?

6 posted on 1/31/2017, 12:28:09 AM by Maudeen (No one on this earth is too far gone for Jesus.)

quote:

To: Maudeen
Do you think the President earnestly prayed about this before making his announcement?

I don't think President Trump has ever earnestly prayed about anything.
62 posted on 1/31/2017, 4:53:57 AM by Drew68

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Freepers: needless to say I unfriended my own sister

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

quote:

But, their marriages need to be made illegal and they should all be required to undergo gay conversion therapy.

Looks like we got us a moderate.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Man, I was just saying today that I should get off of Facebook. Now I'm torn, as it's something Freep hates, so getting rid of it would almost be like them winning.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
:ironicat:

quote:

To: Hostage

You know how liberals operate, if they can’t find anything they just make stuff up..and they have the media to fan the flames

24 posted on 01/31/2017 5:26:53 PM PST by Sarah Barracuda
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Nckdictator posted:

quote:

Hillary sodom Arafat Clinton
What the hell does that even mean? What's the implication there?

Goddamnit freep.

Someone go look at how much they're circlejerking over the SCOTUS nomination, I can't deal with them right now.

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Looks like we got us a moderate.

This was v. Funny :)

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

The terrorists won the minute you said "Close the borders and send all the muslims to camps" over 10 years ago

And lol that you think it's terrorists splitting the nation and not you nutbars kicking and screaming since Clintons were in office and elected an orange tinted clown that repeatedly calls the other side bad, evil, losers, and haters

quote:

I am in CA. also it is very hard to believe that people of this country are STANDING UP for the possibility of ANOTHER 9/11!!! WE WILL NEVER FORGET means NOTHING anymore!!! ALL of those BASTARDS were here on over stayed visas!!!!!

64 posted on 1/30/2017, 3:09:11 PM by Trump Girl Kit Cat (Yosemite Sam raising hell)

9/11 was 16 years ago, and we haven't had another one since because it's a super rare occourance....and if banning these people from coming in is supposed to stop it, why didn't it happen during the 16 years there weren't bans?

quote:

Not in California. Even women from my church went to the Women’s March.

The professional protestors don’t bother me that much. It’s friends that bother me.

123 posted on 1/30/2017, 6:23:07 PM by luckystarmom

Jesus loving christ. Get this, millions of people do nothing but travel from place to place to protest....that's even dumber than the buss loads of illegals shipped from voting booth to voting booth

quote:

[sigh].....once again.....

There IS NO IMMIGRATION DEBATE.

NO ONE is arguing that immigrants have not made important contributions to this country.

This is about the Rule of Law and National Security.

2 posted on 1/31/2017, 10:14:41 AM by Buckeye McFrog

And the rule of law says the bans are bullshit. I'm pretty sure departments that work on national security to enjoy poo poo like this either because it just proves what ISIS and the others say.

Nckdictator posted:

Donald Trump does something not terrible, lets see what Freep thinks.

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3519784/posts

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3519753/posts

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/3519518/posts?page=72#72

President Donald J. Trump Will Continue To Enforce Executive Order Protecting The Rights Of The LGBTQ Community In The Workplace

Like no one saw that coming. Trump likes it, "mmm, slurp, yum mmm, your dick tastes so good" is the only reply freep knows how to give.
He could change tomorrow and say Muslims are awesome and welcome them into the country and freep would 180 to suck on Trump dick again. It's loving sad and pathetic they have standards they'll reject depending on what popularity dictates

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Feb 1, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Nckdictator posted:

Well, that's a complete 180.

Weird how this suddenly became a good thing under Trump, can't imagine why.

I wonder if Freep is so devoted to sucking Trump's cock that he could trick them into becoming moderate by doing things like this.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
I can't help but wonder how much Freep thinks we're all being paid to protest. If we keep showing up, George Soros' bank accoung should have run dry a long time ago...

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

chitoryu12 posted:

I wonder if Freep is so devoted to sucking Trump's cock that he could trick them into becoming moderate by doing things like this.

Until the next dickhead pops up that they latch onto and says gays are bad.
Freep is politically aligned with whoever's dick is in their mouth

Gaghskull posted:

I can't help but wonder how much Freep thinks we're all being paid to protest. If we keep showing up, George Soros' bank accoung should have run dry a long time ago...

Well, it's the only explanation they have because no one could possibly be against Trump and all his poo poo ideas

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Gaghskull posted:

Yeah, but liberals are all bleeding hearts, so we donate it back to Soros' charities, and the cycle begins anew.

It's like a perpetual motion devices, but applied to economics.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Hahaha :getin:

Trump puts brake on ‘client first’ fiduciary rule protecting retirees

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

That's behind a paywall so I'd like to request a summary.

After some googling about the "Client first" rule, does this mean it's now legal for investment bankers to grab retirees by the ankles and shake them until the money comes out?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Isn't It Time We Said It --We Conservtives are Better people than Liberals (vanity)

And just so humble as well.

quote:

To: Cubs Fan

duh

3 posted on 02/03/2017 12:19:51 PM PST by bagster
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Post 4

quote:

Liberals do not seem to show any aspects of humanity.

4 posted on 02/03/2017 12:21:19 PM PST by Redleg Duke (He is leading us in Making America Great Again!)

quote:

Isn't It Time We Said It --We Conservtives are Better people than Liberals

Horse manure, Liberals are not People.
5 posted on 02/03/2017 12:22:19 PM PST by Navy Patriot (America returns to the Rule of Law)

:v:

quote:

To: All

Better people, maybe not better spellers though.

6 posted on 02/03/2017 12:25:34 PM PST by Peter ODonnell (Listen for my radio call-in program on channel A in your brain, yes caller ... I'm listening)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

Peace Now! Co-freaking-exist. What garbage.

9 posted on 02/03/2017 12:30:54 PM PST by Go No

quote:

We know it. They know it. That’s why they’re so hacked off.

11 posted on 02/03/2017 12:33:07 PM PST by polymuser

quote:

I do not consider liberals to be humans. They wouldn’t even make good pets.

12 posted on 02/03/2017 12:39:41 PM PST by Gator113 (I use liberal tears in my milkshake ~DRAIN THE SWAMP~ ~ LOCK HER UP ~ ~~Trump 2020~~)

quote:

I've seen it written that "red" states give more money,per capita,to charity than do Rat states.IMO that qualifies us as being better people.

But as for Cubs fans...I think they're the lowest,dirtiest...

;-)

15 posted on 02/03/2017 12:59:50 PM PST by Gay State Conservative (Deplorables' Lives Matter)

You should, also every other Friday we have an Ice Cream Social.

quote:

To: Gay State Conservative

Maybe we are doing this wrong. We should all sign up for Soros money and then go home. Free money for extra ammo. If some idiot complains then you have proof they are being paid to riot.

16 posted on 02/03/2017 1:25:09 PM PST by oldasrocks (rump)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

quote:

Of course we are

With few exceptions ALL* Liberals are

1) Habitual & Pathological Liars. In fact they feel they are justified in telling whatever lie they have to in order to promote their cause.

2)Hypocrites

* Yes some Republican politicians are liars & hypocrites**, but overall the "rank and file" are good people. Meanwhile, all Liberals from the top down are just bad nasty people. Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell aren't representative of most Conservatives, while Nancy & Chucky are of most Liberals.

** And usually when a Republican politician is lying, their lying about being a Conservative when they are in fact a Liberal

17 posted on 02/03/2017 1:25:39 PM PST by qam1 (There's been a huge party. All plates and the bottles are empty, all that's left is the bill to pay)

You do know where you're posting this, right?

quote:

Of course. The sign of tolerance is how you treat people who DISAGREE with you.

18 posted on 02/03/2017 1:26:49 PM PST by Kid Shelleen (Beat your plowshares into swords. Let the weak say I am strong)

quote:

I just posted this on another thread.

We conservatives are always saying we have the guns but we often leave out the fact that we have the brains, the looks, and the sanity too. We’ve been marginalized by the cheating lying pigs for 8 years but we’ve had enough of their crap and they better watch out.

20 posted on 02/03/2017 2:34:19 PM PST by tiki

No, you just spent eight years screaming "Revolution is Coming" over the internet.

quote:

but they will say “Those people doing that are extreme fringe- they don’t represent us” but ya know what? Yeah they do kinda represent liberalism- Conservationism didn’t have near daily riots destruction threatenings, assaults etc- like the liberals are doing- We didn’t form a ‘nasty women’ march’ We don’t support murdering children in the womb- etc etc etc-

The left can try to claim the moral high ground all they like, but the facts speak for themselves-

The Faux ‘outrage’ by the left is so blatantly ridiculous it isn’t even funny anymore-

21 posted on 02/03/2017 2:40:20 PM PST by Bob434

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Trump has taken a vacation barely two weeks into his term, will Freep complain about the millions of dollars it is costing taxpayers?

quote:

To: Trumpnation

I love this President. First time I could say this since Reagan.

3 posted on 02/03/2017 2:41:57 PM PST by tony75034

quote:

That’s awesome.

I remember when he got into a pissing match with the commie lib local government down there over a flag pole with American flag. They must Love this /s

4 posted on 02/03/2017 2:52:07 PM PST by DanielRedfoot (Viva Le Deplorable)

quote:

To: jennychase
Great video. Thanks.

We are so fortunate to have this man for our president and his wife for First Lady.
6 posted on 02/03/2017 3:02:43 PM PST by Daaave ("The flesh eating jinn of Komari.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

I saw him get off the plane and Melania greet him. He was happy to see her. I’m happy for him to be down here at home and relax for Super Bowl weekend.

Then I saw him signing autographs!! I’m like 15 miles from there. Wonder how to get inside and wait next time!??

11 posted on 02/03/2017 3:32:04 PM PST by time4good

quote:

I love my President and my beautiful First Lady.
Have a wonderful weekend!!!!

13 posted on 02/03/2017 3:43:30 PM PST by LouisianaJoanof Arc (Proud horrible deplorable)

Nope, too busy gargling his withered ballsack.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Exactly. There are commonly market situations where a particular action might have a very bad effect on retirement savings for the investor, but make lots of money for the fund manager. There used to be a law that fund managers needed to make decisions based on the investors intrests, not the managers. It gone now.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
While I'm here, does Freep know about the new Mayor of New Hope, Texas?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

DarklyDreaming posted:

While I'm here, does Freep know about the new Mayor of New Hope, Texas?

Yep, But it's a pretty standard transphobic thread

quote:

To: tuffydoodle

what is this crap of her, and she?

For crying out loud calling them what they want to be is only helping their mental disorder.

9 posted on 02/01/2017 3:48:50 PM PST by manc ( If they want so called marriage equality then they should support polygamy too.)

How dare people try to help those with mental disorders! :argh:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Jagged Jim posted:

Yep, But it's a pretty standard transphobic thread

How dare people try to help those with mental disorders! :argh:

Yeah thought so.

Let me tell you guys something though. For the first time in 13 years since I moved to LA I'm proud to say I grew up in Collin County :unsmith:

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

DarklyDreaming posted:

That's behind a paywall so I'd like to request a summary.

After some googling about the "Client first" rule, does this mean it's now legal for investment bankers to grab retirees by the ankles and shake them until the money comes out?

It always was. This new law was meant to correct that. But apparently even the smallest nice things are too much for the Republicans.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jagged Jim posted:

Liberals do not seem to show any aspects of humanity.

4 posted on 02/03/2017 12:21:19 PM PST by Redleg Duke (He is leading us in Making America Great Again!)

"Deport or kill all muslims, bomb mecca, kill the gays, kick out the mexicans, gently caress the poor, shoot any uppity black person, jail/torture all liberals, *foreign policy that amounts to "We're better than you, gently caress off"*"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I didn't know Freep was a comedy site

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jagged Jim posted:

Trump has taken a vacation barely two weeks into his term, will Freep complain about the millions of dollars it is costing taxpayers?

Nope, too busy gargling his withered ballsack.

Yeah, I remember how it was a loving crime when Obama went to a theater in NY, it was outright traitorous...Donald taking a vacation already...nothing. Though to be fair you really can't say much when there's a dick in your throat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Freep is reacting to the suspension of the immigration EO about as well as you'd expect.

quote:

[image of the judge]

Islamic Terror Enabler and Enemy of the American People.

8 posted on 2/4/2017, 6:21:04 AM by TADSLOS (Reset Underway!)

quote:

To: KeyLargo

“A Bush appointed judge.”

Not only is he Bush appointed, but, as shown by this article, his background ws aloaded with flashing red lights and sirens showing he was a totally chimped out,, bat poo poo crazy Marxist that Obola would have loved to appoint. Once again, my already low view of W drops another few notches.

43 posted on 2/4/2017, 7:15:31 AM by libstripper (oHillary is willing to risk her own life to protect her secretive nature. She would rather go to her)

I can't take this level of absurdity and will continue my little break. Jesus, freep. :smithicide: