Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I feel nothing and at least with Odell done I can safely tune out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

corn on the cop posted:

I feel nothing and at least with Odell done I can safely tune out

Right there with you. I'm not even mad. Also I really don't like Mcadoo. At all.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
That was one of the chillest and most fun Eagles games I've ever watched. Don't even really have anything negative to say. Wentz maybe held on to the ball a bit too long sometimes again and had some ugly throws but that was just a good game all around.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Goondolences Giants doods; it sucks seeing a team get decimated by injuries. I hope this isn't the last season that we get of Eli's goofy face.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

dak is balling out

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Odell dead, Dak and Wentz on fire.

The worst possible bye week.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
That's hilarious.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Agholor's never going to get any velocity on his fastball if he keeps his arm folded like that

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Odell dead, Dak and Wentz on fire.

The worst possible bye week.

Giants dead, Wentz on fire, the Cowboys choke and their defense is a dumpster fire.

The best possible week.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

someone photoshop the dallas star into this

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Dallas will be fine. They probably shouldn't have lost to the Rams, but Broncos and Packers are both playoff teams.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

Dallas will be fine. They probably shouldn't have lost to the Rams, but Broncos and Packers are both playoff teams.

The Rams are a playoff team too, IMO

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Yeah dude, no. This defense isn't going to stop any quarterback with a breathing offensive line, and the offense just isn't going to be able to bail them out this year.

They are going to have some high scoring games, and lose probably all of them.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Barring some Ravens-esque injury cataclysm, congrats to the 2017 NFC East Champion Philadelphia Eagles.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
probably a bit early to crown a team that squeaked by the giants and chargers

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
I enjoy the Giants losing as much as the next guy, but a few wins to keep them away from Saquon Barkley in the draft would be just fine by me

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

corn on the cop posted:

Yeah. Carolina and Philly next week should be interesting.

Washington might still be in it too? Also, Dak looks professional as gently caress- pick six or not.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

corn on the cop posted:

The Giants are 0-5, Philly's a better all-around roster than Washington, and the Cowboys next four games after San Francisco are @Redskins, Chiefs, @Falcons, & Eagles. Unless they beat SF then go 2-2 in the four after that, with at least one of the two wins over Philly, I have a hard time seeing them win the division.

The last 6 are a bit more manageable but I have a hard time seeing more than a Wildcard at best unless the defense has a noticeable turnaround and Philly also falls off.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

blue squares posted:

Crying is healthy and fun. You should try it

Isn't he already an Eagles fan?

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Also, Dak looks professional as gently caress- pick six or not.

Yeah, I'm glad Dak is truly for real. I was worried he'd have a fall off this year and we'd be right back to those Chad Hutchinson & Co. years between Aikman and Romo :gonk:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Dak, accuracy concerns aside, looks loving great and I only hope he doesn't get Romo'd by this franchise.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
4-1

18-1

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
https://www.amazon.com/Philadelphia...ve+philadelphia

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Honestly I would like for there to be 2 or more really good teams in the division at the same time like back in the heyday, and the best likelihood of that happening is Dak and Carson being legit at the same time.

Eli came in after the peak of the Andy Reid era and while Romo was really good, the teams were never that great.

A nice 8+ year Eagles/Cowboys rivalry - with Washington and the Giants poking their heads in - would be awesome to watch.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

aBagorn posted:

Honestly I would like for there to be 2 or more really good teams in the division at the same time like back in the heyday, and the best likelihood of that happening is Dak and Carson being legit at the same time.

Eli came in after the peak of the Andy Reid era and while Romo was really good, the teams were never that great.

A nice 8+ year Eagles/Cowboys rivalry - with Washington and the Giants poking their heads in - would be awesome to watch.

We had a glimpse of that last season; that first Philly/Dallas game last season was a nailbiter.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Shawn Cotureier posted:

I enjoy the Giants losing as much as the next guy, but a few wins to keep them away from Saquon Barkley in the draft would be just fine by me

The Giants are going to suck their way into a top 3 pick and an Eli replacement.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

NotWearingPants posted:

The Giants are going to suck their way into a top 3 pick and an Eli replacement.

Any doofy idiots with much more talented brothers coming out in 2019?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Yeah. Carolina and Philly next week should be interesting.

Washington might still be in it too? Also, Dak looks professional as gently caress- pick six or not.

The pick-6 wasn't even his fault

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

NotWearingPants posted:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

The pick-6 wasn't even his fault

he should have known better than to throw it to Terrance Williams

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

blue squares posted:

he should have known better than to throw it to Terrance Williams

True. TWill may be the most unclutch receiver of all time. Never throw to him in the 4th quarter

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
If you're going to throw it to noted body-catcher Terrance Williams, hit him in the numbers or just ground the drat thing. Please start Brice Butler over him.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/BrandonGowton/status/917125329386377218

:stare:

don't hope, don't hope, don't hope...

guys i think this might really be happening. 18-1 is REAL

Also the Cowboys might be in deep poo poo according to FPI.

https://twitter.com/bburkeESPN/status/915932061239844864

Playoff odds are now below 20%.

axeil fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Oct 9, 2017

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Wouldn't surprise me. Two drat near identical losses in such a fashion will do that to a team. Garrett can't coach success, he can only coach the opposite of what he did the season previous. His career is 8-8 spun out into infinity.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

So it's pretty much a certainty that Victor Cruz will be a Giant again right

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

Wouldn't surprise me. Two drat near identical losses in such a fashion will do that to a team. Garrett can't coach success, he can only coach the opposite of what he did the season previous. His career is 8-8 spun out into infinity.

Alright let's talk the incoming playoff race between the 3 good teams (:rip: giants, hope y'all get healthy for next year). If people like this analysis I can try and update it every week. I always like doing this playoff race stuff.

Here's the 3 schedules. I bolded the most important games.

Philadelphia Eagles - 4-1, 2-0 Division, 3-0 Conference

Week 6: @Carolina
Week 7: Washington, (Game 2)
Week 8: San Francisco
Week 9: Denver
Week 10: BYE
Week 11: @Dallas, (Game 1)
Week 12: Chicago
Week 13: @Seattle
Week 14: @Los Angeles (Rams)
Week 15: @New York (Giants), (Game 2)
Week 16: Oakland
Week 17: Dallas, (Game 2)

With a 2 game lead and 2-0 record in the division, Philly seems to be in the driver's seat going forward and the road looks rather easy. They have 6 games remaining against teams below .500. Simply taking care of business against those teams is enough for an 10-6 record. Of course, the last time Philly had such a wide open lead was 2014 after they demolished the Cowboys on Thanksgiving to put themselves at 9-3. The Eagles would go 1-3 down the stretch and miss the playoffs entirely. So there's still plenty of time to screw up! :shepicide:

Other than this week's upcoming game with Carolina and the remaining divisional games between Washington and Dallas the biggest item on the schedule now looks to be Philadelphia's West Coast trip in Weeks 13 and 14. Philly has struggled mightily against Seattle in past years and the game comes at a crucial point in the schedule. Additionally, LA has turned from a laughing stock into a very tough out/possible division winner and an 0-2 road trip could be enough to breathe life back into the rest of the divisional hopefuls.

Thankfully, the trip back east now looks much easier as the Giants have imploded and Oakland has fallen back to earth.

Washington - 2-2, 0-1 Division, 1-1 Conference

Week 6: San Francisco
:siren: Week 7: @Philadelphia, (Game 2) :siren:
Week 8: Dallas, (Game 1)
Week 9: @Seattle
Week 10: Minnesota

Week 11: @New Orleans
Week 12: New York (Giants), (Game 1)
Week 13: @Dallas, (Game 2)
Week 14: @Los Angeles (Chargers)

Week 15: Arizona
Week 16: Denver
Week 17: @New York (Giants), (Game 2)

If you're looking at Washington's chances in the division there's really only one game that matters: Week 7 against Philadelphia. If Washington were to lose this game they would fall to at best 3-3, be 0-2 in the division and have given a head-to-head tiebreaker to a Philly team that would at worst be 5-2. They would be 3 games back with praying for Philly to screw up the only way left to make up ground.

However, if Washington manages to win that Week 7 match-up the race suddenly becomes very interesting. Philly would be 2-1 in the division, Washington would be 1-1 and neither would own a head-to-head tiebreaker over the other. So long as Washington could keep pace with Philly and wait for them to trip up against Dallas or on their West Coast trip they would have an excellent shot of overtaking them...provided they don't slip up as well.

In short, having all your division games against the division leader finish up in October has weird results.

Washington's mid-season schedule is extremely tough with road games in Seattle and New Orleans plus home games against Dallas and a befuddling Vikings team. Going 1-3 or even 0-4 is not out of the question here and could make a potential Week 7 win against Philly for naught. Plus, unlike the Cowboys, Washington doesn't even control its own destiny in the division. They can win out and still manage to not win the division thanks to their Week 1 loss to Philly.

Dallas Cowboys - 2-3, 1-0 Division, 1-2 Conference

Week 6: BYE
Week 7: @San Francisco
Week 8: @Washington, (Game 1)
Week 9: Kansas City
Week 10: @Atlanta
Week 11: Philadelphia, (Game 1)

Week 12: Los Angeles (Chargers)
Week 13: Washington, (Game 2)
Week 14: @New York (Giants), (Game 2)
Week 15: @Oakland
Week 16: Seattle
Week 17: @Philadelphia, (Game 2)

:stare: Good god. With the exception of their Week 7 game against San Francisco, every single other game in the next 6 weeks will be immensely important for Dallas. @WAS, KC, @ATL and PHI all back-to-back looks to be one of the toughest 4-week spans for any team in the NFL.

Making matters worse, they are already 2 games behind Philadelphia. With Philly so far out in front already, an Eagles win in Week 11 would almost certainly end Dallas's divisional hopes, not to mention their wild card hopes. Dallas must try and at least keep pace with Philly and hope they can manage to win both games against the Eagles.

The good news? Given that they're currently undefeated in the division, so long as they keep pace with Philly and win both their matches against them they'll win the division.

Realistically, the Cowboys probably have at least 3-4 more losses on their schedule. That would put them at 6 or 7 total losses and staring down a pretty tough draw to a playoff spot. Still, the Cowboys are still a competitive team and if their defense can figure stuff out I could be eating my words come November.

axeil fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Oct 9, 2017

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I'd probably pick Eagles over Panthers if it was a Sunday game. loving TNF is such poo poo

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I'd probably pick Eagles over Panthers if it was a Sunday game. loving TNF is such poo poo

Yeah that PHI@CAR matchup now looks like one of the best that week. It's almost certainly going to have playoff implications and should be the SNF game.

Instead we're going to watch the Broncos eviscerate the Giants. Why, oh why can we not have flex scheduling that moves the game dates...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

axeil posted:

Yeah that PHI@CAR matchup now looks like one of the best that week. It's almost certainly going to have playoff implications and should be the SNF game.

Instead we're going to watch the Broncos eviscerate the Giants. Why, oh why can we not have flex scheduling that moves the game dates...

Von Miller vs. Flowers actually sounds like must watch television.

• Locked thread