Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Arven posted:

Uh... have you ever met anyone who conceal/open carries? I'm in Pennsyltucky and I have in-laws do who this poo poo. They're white, though, so...

This shooting was in California.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Arven posted:

Uh... have you ever met anyone who conceal/open carries? I'm in Pennsyltucky and I have in-laws do who this poo poo. They're white, though, so...

Your in-laws are redneck as gently caress. That's a lovely idea and if their gun is that uncomfortable they need to rethink their gear.

Hell, I used to carry a full size 1911 because it was narrower than the Beretta, and I would never just leave it on my loving lap.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

We had open carry recently until some idiot chuds started aggravating soccer moms in Starbucks.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Godholio posted:

You know what I do when I'm driving around, as a person with a concealed carry permit, collection of firearms, and living in an open carry state? Roll around with a gun in my lap as I go through the drive thru.

Wait, no...that's a really loving bad idea. But maybe he planned to put the gun away before getting up to the window and brandishing.

Edit: Obviously the guy didn't deserve summary execution, but it seems pretty unlikely that the cops responded with the intent of mercing this guy. This thread scares me when Eugene is the loving voice of reason.

He was parked outside. Asleep.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I just remember the guy who was practicing his open carry rights by holding his loaded ar15 at a low ready walking around atl airport to pick up his daughter going home.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

CommieGIR posted:

He was parked outside. Asleep.

He was passed out in the drive thru with his car in drive.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Sometimes cops kill* potentially intoxicated white women in cars too.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article152189977.html

Cop let obviously hosed up girl leave in her car without a sobriety test with a verbal advisory that she pull off and "collect herself" after she was driving the wrong way down the road at 4:30 AM. She drove into the Missouri river and died with alcohol, coke, and amphetamines in her system.

*spare me, please

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
strange how our roving death squads routinely place themselves into positions where the only option their coward brains have left is to blast their way out

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Stravag posted:

I just remember the guy who was practicing his open carry rights by holding his loaded ar15 at a low ready walking around atl airport to pick up his daughter going home.

Oh man I'm getting reminded of that idiot that open carried a rifle into a police station and got lovely when they put his rear end on the ground

MUH RUGHTS

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
P Barnes is a national treasure.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Untagged posted:

P Barnes is a national treasure.

:downs:: you’re blocking my freedom of movement
:clint:: yes, I am.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

strange how our roving death squads routinely place themselves into positions where the only option their coward brains have left is to blast their way out

It's been copsplained several times how police have the agency of an abused six year old while those urban ferals are making several decisions to die every second. The guy was dead set on dying. It was inevitable.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Random dudes you just woke up aren’t john wick. A sleepy, groggy, and potentially smacked out person isn’t going to quick draw and shoot six people through a glass window before they could react.

That was a bad shoot. There is no justification.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Random dudes you just woke up aren’t john wick. A sleepy, groggy, and potentially smacked out person isn’t going to quick draw and shoot six people through a glass window before they could react.

That was a bad shoot. There is no justification.

When you wake people up their arms move.

Strange but true

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Guess we just have to let potential bad guys shoot first.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Godholio posted:

Yep. Guilty until proven innocent

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

What a shame it was that this was such a high pressure and time sensitive situation that required an immediate aggressive response because lives were at risk. If the cops hadn't decided to confront that man at that time in that drive through, think of all the danger that was presented. Just think of who that man could have hurt!

I mean, all of his life choices up to that point led him to that situation. He practically had the gun to his own head and pulled the trigger. 24 times, was it?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

So if the cops didn’t decide to kill the guy once they saw what was going on, what options did the victim have to survive the encounter?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Godholio posted:

Well if we did that cops would be shooting people left and right. Oh wait.

Edit: they should really just make it a blanket ruling that its an unjustified shoot until the first cop gets hit. The sudden rash of cop on on cop shooting so they can justify killing someone would be impressive.

Stravag fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Mar 30, 2019

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I'd rather have entire police departments wiped out if it meant that people made it to trial instead of being murdered in the streets.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Godholio posted:

Yes, that's exactly how it should be. Cops putting their own safety above others' is a huge part of why things are so hosed right now.

(Racism is the other part)

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Fallom posted:

So if the cops didn’t decide to kill the guy once they saw what was going on, what options did the victim have to survive the encounter?

I guess he should have just not woken up. Or teleported himself out from under the gun into custody?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

Yes, that's exactly how it should be. Cops putting their own safety above others' is a huge part of why things are so hosed right now.

(Racism is the other part)

be the change you want to see

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

be the change you want to see

Could you elaborate on this, aside from being a smug turd about it maybe.

Are you saying that we should join the departments in order to improve them from the inside?

Otherwise I'm curious as to what you think Joe Rando outside of the department can do to fix the thin blue line sheepdog mentality.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

dscruffy1 posted:

Could you elaborate on this, aside from being a smug turd about it maybe.

This seems to be the thread for it.

Two-three pages of "kill all cops" gets loving old every time the news grabs onto a shooting, whether its justified or not.

Did this guy deserve to die? No. The thread seems pretty loving unanimous on that point. So let's just keep reiterating the same opinions.

Edit: Content
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/30/politics/state-department-aid-el-slavador-guatemala-honduras/index.html

Trump is accusing central american governments of "setting up" the migrant caravans, so we're cutting aid to those countries. Surely, this will stem the flow of desperate people trying to escape.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 30, 2019

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Godholio posted:

This seems to be the thread for it.

Two-three pages of "kill all cops" gets loving old every time the news grabs onto a shooting, whether its justified or not.

Did this guy deserve to die? No. The thread seems pretty loving unanimous on that point. So let's just keep reiterating the same opinions.

Or hear me out

Start actually convicting the cops.

gently caress it. They can have their own loving prison that gets napalmed if the population gets too uppity.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Wasabi the J posted:

Start actually convicting the cops.

This is a reasonable statement.

CommieGIR posted:

Jesus, they executed the guy, and there wasnt even a magazine in the gun.

Why is it, after all the obvious racist bullshit cops do, people still rise to their defense?

This is not.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cops trying to keep themselves alive by murdering potentially innocent civilians is insanely hosed up and wanting it to stop doesn't mean you lust for cop death. You probably shouldn't be trying to police the discussion on what counts as a "reasonable" opinion after dropping a bullshit bomb like that.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FYTc55nGEI

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Godholio posted:

This is not.

Done being reasonable about the police response to black Americans, thanks.

Ask for reasonable, and jack poo poo happens

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
guys please stop offending the delicate sensibilities of people who think our roving death squads are acting in good faith

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Godholio posted:

yes

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Godholio posted:

I mean, when the ROE in a war zone is more restrictive than it is for a domestic police I think it's kind of hosed up

Mr Crustacean
May 13, 2009

one (1) robosexual

Godholio posted:

Holy poo poo this is not some high intensity deployment combat scenario where you are looking to overmatch some hostile unit and get inside their OODA loop.

This is a black man who is United States citizen civilian sitting in his car in McDonalds drive through in the continental United States, he has a firearm and is asleep.

Dear loving god yes, you use restraint, which may let this civilian potentially get a shot off, instead of assuming his guilt and summarily executing him with your 6 surrounding police officers arrayed in a massively dominating position.

Like even the way you phrased this is absolutely completely hosed up.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Even then, in Combat its generally expected you only engage when engaged and when the target is a clear threat.

Like, you know, not this situation.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1111...ingawful.com%2F

Uhhhhh....

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Hmm yes being a cop where instead of putting myself in any danger I put others first as a matter of policy. Protect myself and serve maybe.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This is just more evidence that cops are an occupying force and are also all bastards, really.

There's no defense for what these murderers did because it's an obvious case of "gotta get home" thought which a cop categorically should not have if they were even ostensibly about the protections of the rights and safety of all citizens

The only good cop isn't a cop anymore.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I mean, when the ROE in a war zone is more restrictive than it is for a domestic police I think it's kind of hosed up

Sure, so let's just keep loving repeating it in this thread.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

CommieGIR posted:

Even then, in Combat its generally expected you only engage when engaged and when the target is a clear threat.

Like, you know, not this situation.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1111...ingawful.com%2F

Uhhhhh....

After her sentence is completed, right?

....right?! :stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Mr Crustacean posted:

Like even the way you phrased this is absolutely completely hosed up.

Jesus Christ dude, I'm making GBS threads on a poo poo thread not advocating for whatever the gently caress.