Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yodar
Apr 5, 2016
I'e always wanted to see Graeyard Area 1. Tanks for showing Giver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I'm just surpised the Chip Challenge and Network Transmission Navis got recognition.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

giver336 posted:

Was one of your questions: how to make Smile Coin hit 9 times? :v:

Nah I know that one, you need to have your HP have 3 identical digits in a row :v:
I found it out from another conversation. Apparently prostrat for NumberBall users is to use a DarkChip so your hp drops by 1 permanently. Then so long as your HP is maxed you will do max dmg with it. I kinda :aaaaa: when I heard that.

I dunno what the Puffball card's secret code is. I heard it turns you invis after attacking but I'm not sure.

What I did mean to ask was how do you power up the Red Sun/ Blue Moon chips and is there a limit to how far you can take it? And is it feasible to do so?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

giver336 posted:

Interestingly enough, PharoahMan and ShadowMan are written here and not in BN1. I guess you know when their "intended appearance" was.

I believe the secret navis in BN1 were intended to have cutscenes and such like in the other games but had to cut them to make it in time. I mean, Pharaoh Man had a whole area for himself separated from the "main" path.

giver336
Dec 28, 2013

It's time to d-d-d-d-
get murdered

SSNeoman posted:

What I did mean to ask was how do you power up the Red Sun/ Blue Moon chips and is there a limit to how far you can take it? And is it feasible to do so?

For every 10 wins against your opposite version, your GigaChip's attack power will increase by 40. The chips stop getting stronger at 100 wins.

Blue Moon can go up to a max of 600 (with it's Invis Piercing+Unistall effect) and Red Sun go up to a max of 500 (700 with Meteors). :airquote: "feasible"

It was possible to be really strong in BN4, but you had to work so much harder to get to it.

SSNeoman posted:

I dunno what the Puffball card's secret code is. I heard it turns you invis after attacking but I'm not sure.

It's a 1-in-9 chance that Invis can activate. I heard a rumor that it could double your card's next attack power in StarForce 2.

Late e: I just checked with a source. In SF3, it can give a Barrier, Invis, or possibly double your next card's damage. Try it on the unwinnable Jack Corvus fight.

giver336 fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jul 9, 2016

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dabir posted:

Huh, WoodMan was on 4's and not 1's?

ThunderMan is also on 4 and not 2. Weird!

yodar
Apr 5, 2016

giver336 posted:

For every 10 wins against your opposite version, your GigaChip's attack power will increase by 40. The chips stop getting stronger at 100 wins.

Blue Moon can go up to a max of 600 (with it's Invis Piercing+Unistall effect) and Red Sun go up to a max of 500 (700 with Meteors). :airquote: "feasible"

It was possible to be really strong in BN4, but you had to work so much harder to get to it.

It's a 1-in-9 chance that Invis can activate. I heard a rumor that it could double your card's next attack power in StarForce 2.

e: it's a 1-in-9 chance that a bonus can activate. One of the bonuses can be Invis. Sometimes it can be a Barrier. There's probably more.

Puffball has bonuses?? drat how do u know all this stuff Giver? Craazy. I'm rlly glad you've shared your wisdom with us

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

giver336 posted:

Late e: I just checked with a source. In SF3, it can give a Barrier, Invis, or possibly double your next card's damage. Try it on the unwinnable Jack Corvus fight.

It'll peg him down to 1 HP but he'll still be moving while the screen fades to black. When his health drops below a certain threshold, the game just automatically fades the fight out, even if you're in the middle of a dimming animation (like PegasusMagicGX). You probably won't even see his HP roll down to 1 since the fade out kicks in so quickly. If you try to use an instant kill code, same thing. If you try to use the code while the Battle Start is up, it'll fade out and the game will freeze :v:

Also if you're bored, got some prostrats for Duo? And if you're really bored, try Duo on run 1, with typical first time player folder arrangement. I legit never figured out a good strategy for that rear end in a top hat. DuoSP is straight up easier just because you're so much better prepared at that point.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jul 10, 2016

giver336
Dec 28, 2013

It's time to d-d-d-d-
get murdered

SSNeoman posted:

It'll peg him down to 1 HP but he'll still be moving while the screen fades to black. When his health drops below a certain threshold, the game just automatically fades the fight out, even if you're in the middle of a dimming animation (like PegasusMagicGX). You probably won't even see his HP roll down to 1 since the fade out kicks in so quickly. If you try to use an instant kill code, same thing. If you try to use the code while the Battle Start is up, it'll fade out and the game will freeze :v:

Also if you're bored, got some prostrats for Duo? And if you're really bored, try Duo on run 1, with typical first time player folder arrangement. I legit never figured out a good strategy for that rear end in a top hat. DuoSP is straight up easier just because you're so much better prepared at that point.

Yeah, I remember now. I used Club Strong V3 and it dimmed out at <1100 HP.

Just use Geyser. His fight brings holes, yes? That's 400 damage with Aqua Soul. ...How many people realized this :v:

Also, BigHammer is effective. Very effective. Use Meteors (secret chip series) when he stands still to do his fist moves.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Why is Yuri encouraging an elementary school child to care about her sister's breasts? :psyduck:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I think she might be a bad person!

Faylone
Feb 18, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Why is Yuri encouraging an elementary school child to care about her sister's breasts? :psyduck:

Oh, it's worse than that. They're identical sisters, so by extension she's also practically telling him her OWN measurements, and then saying "not interested? you will be later."

I REALLY don't think whoever wrote it really considered the full implications.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Faylone posted:

Oh, it's worse than that. They're identical sisters, so by extension she's also practically telling him her OWN measurements, and then saying "not interested? you will be later."

Are...are there any siblings aside from Dex and...Chisao? That AREN'T twins?

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

Silegna posted:

No. Dex and Chisao are a radical new experiment in sequential childrening. They are considered a succesful test and further sequential children are to be expected in the future.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.

Ryushikaze posted:

No. Dex and Chisao are a radical new experiment in sequential childrening. They are considered a succesful test and further sequential children are to be expected in the future.

I wouldn't call anything related to Chisao 'successful'.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

GeneralYeti posted:

I wouldn't call anything related to Chisao 'successful'.

NONO DON'T REMIND ME OF GUTSMAN'S SCENARIO IN RED SUN.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Silegna posted:

I think this was brought up in the last LP. (or maybe just early on in this one) In the anime, Count Zap & Gauss Magnus are brothers. Which probably isn't the case in the games, due to Gauss's "boo hoo I was orphaned as a child" backstory in 2.
But yeah, the BN universe is just full of twins.

giver336
Dec 28, 2013

It's time to d-d-d-d-
get murdered

Faylone posted:

One of the NPCs in the game even asks that as a quiz question. So, you're forced to seek this info out!

Blaziken386 posted:

I think this was brought up in the last LP. (or maybe just early on in this one) In the anime, Count Zap & Gauss Magnus are brothers. Which probably isn't the case in the games, due to Gauss's "boo hoo I was orphaned as a child" backstory in 2.
But yeah, the BN universe is just full of twins.

Nope, that's a question the Quiz King asks in Battle Network 2. Battle Network 1 doesn't tell you what Count Zap's first name is, so you're supposed to guess "Jack Electricity."

giver336 fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jul 11, 2016

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

HEY CHECK THIS OUT

IT'S A THING

Seriously, though, this was a hell of a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone for putting up with the massive switching of staff. I think Giver's mentioned wanting to do another LP sometime soon, so keep an eye out for that. As for me, I don't have any new projects planned at the moment, but that might change at any moment.

i totally deserve billing

giver336
Dec 28, 2013

It's time to d-d-d-d-
get murdered
Actually, I've decided.

I will LP Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories! It is worse than BN4. It is atrocious in every conceivable way. It doesn't even follow the official card rules. At all.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh yay, I love Forbidden Memories. It's a terrible game and an important part of my childhood, and I'll love seeing you tear it apart.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.
I will enjoy this greatly, because I've tried to enjoy YGO. [Deity of reader's choice] knows I have tried. But after playing a ton of CCGs (even Battletech, and that was clunkier than a peg-legged robot pirate), I had to abandon it because it is flawed and horribly over-powered in ways that even Magic only ever quite managed once or twice in its entire history.*

So I want to see someone rip it to shreds. I want blood from this bastard love child of animu, expo-gab, and my favorite hobby. :black101: :jihad: :unsmigghh:

*I'm looking right at you, Urza's Block and Mirrodin Block 1.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

giver336 posted:

Actually, I've decided.

I will LP Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories! It is worse than BN4. It is atrocious in every conceivable way. It doesn't even follow the official card rules. At all.
Can you link the thread in here when you start it? Because I am terribly lazy when it comes to looking for threads.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

I am just now realizing that the thread title refers to S Ranks, not the chip code. I've been expecting Giver to show off some awesome S-coded folder this whole time...

I'm glad this LP is finally on the archive! The series is finally complete. Thank your again to all of the awesome people who helped bring this multi year monster to fruition.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

Can you link the thread in here when you start it? Because I am terribly lazy when it comes to looking for threads.

Ask and ye shall receive. And as an added punishment bonus, I'm co-commentating again! Giver and I did good okay passable we got this thing done, so we figured go for the spare.

The thread'll be closing this weekend (or as soon as EPM gets off his lazy rear end and contacts me or giver :argh:) so get your last word in now or forever hold your peace.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Thanks for doing all this LP work dudes, it was a wild ride. Also having the middle game of a six game series missing from the archive was driving me bonkers.

edit: so now we have to perform that exorcism on giver336, I think.

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jul 14, 2016

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Awesome work from every single person who worked on this LP, This Lp had everything from high end techical explinations of mechanics no one knew about, to the most adorable mr prog drawings ever. Thanks for the LP.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

GeneralYeti posted:

Ask and ye shall receive. And as an added punishment bonus, I'm co-commentating again! Giver and I did good okay passable we got this thing done, so we figured go for the spare.

The thread'll be closing this weekend (or as soon as EPM gets off his lazy rear end and contacts me or giver :argh:) so get your last word in now or forever hold your peace.

Great job everyone, glad to see this enormous LP finally wrap up after finishing the 14th game in the series.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Thank You for doing this LP.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Man. I'm gonna miss this LP. We had what, 4 different commentators? This was a wild ride through and through.
I know I'm gonna go back and read this on the Archive AS soon as it's there. I'll binge 1-6.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Silegna posted:

Man. I'm gonna miss this LP. We had what, 4 different commentators? This was a wild ride through and through.
I know I'm gonna go back and read this on the Archive AS soon as it's there. I'll binge 1-6.

GeneralYeti posted:

HEY CHECK THIS OUT

IT'S A THING

Time to start binging :v:

This was a wild ride for my childhood, sort of sad that it's over though. Also sort of sad that we didn't get more MissEchelon drawings either, those are the best :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Yaaay, we're done. That was a wild ride, everybody.

GeneralYeti posted:

Oh, sweet. Multiple commentators make things twice as enjoyable. It's one of the reasons I still watch Game Grumps occasionally.

• Locked thread