Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Just smh if you didn't use the three months' (?) worth of beastman dailies to push your 60s to 61 and leave them there.

9 months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Just smh if you didn't use the 12 months' (?) worth of beastman dailies to push your 60s to 70.

Who still has 60s? I finished off the combat classes a month or two ago.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
People who still do combat beast tribes after maxing out their rep are cavemen, and nothing will change my mind. :colbert:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Does every job have a version of this level 45 Ninja quest that gives you a full set of armor that actually makes you look like your job and has much higher stats that the equipment you get from quests?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

all the ARR stuff will give you most of your AF1 set at 45, and then the chest piece at 50 (and new to SB, a coffer that has essentially augmented versions of them)

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ytlaya posted:

Does every job have a version of this level 45 Ninja quest that gives you a full set of armor that actually makes you look like your job and has much higher stats that the equipment you get from quests?

All the original jobs (plus ninja) do. It actually gives you two sets. The lower level set is the original relic gear and can be upgraded to be dyeable if you want.

I forget what if anything the three HW jobs give you at 50.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Thundarr posted:

All the original jobs (plus ninja) do. It actually gives you two sets. The lower level set is the original relic gear and can be upgraded to be dyeable if you want.

I forget what if anything the three HW jobs give you at 50.

you get a chest of some greens that look nothing like the class fantasy

think drk gets heavy wolfram, forgot what ast and mch get

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Rainuwastaken posted:

People who still do combat beast tribes after maxing out their rep are cavemen, and nothing will change my mind. :colbert:

It's 1.5m exp a day at lv60 if you do both turtles and snakes - it's worth it if you're waiting for dungeon queues or whatever.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Me, a few days ago posted:

I wonder why people are saying A11 is a pug killer.

Me, today posted:

holy poo poo how many times do i have to say hide behind the loving coils so you don't get confused :argh:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I UN LEASH EN TRO PYYYYYYY

(the entropy is applied to your faith in your fellow players)

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

What exactly do you find enjoyable?

Not trying to be patronizing, I'm actually curious. You talk a lot about what you don't like but what, specifically, do you actually like doing?

Being an annoying pedant that rules up the thread every couple of months. It’s like Fister and Verranicus had a baby.

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Then I can go through and demand apologies from the many, many people who told me that I'd never finish a Savage tier.
Hey I was desperately trying to recruit you as I recall :mad:

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rainuwastaken posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNxPVj0hejg

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Ytlaya posted:

You get ~i55 gear as a freebie doing class quests. I can't remember any HW rewards, but SB gives you ~i290 gear at the end. This isn't relevant at all because 80% of 50+ stuff requires higher gear; same deal with level 70. They do look cool, though, and you can put them into the glamour chest.

At 50 you unlock a new currency called Poetics which can be traded for i120 gear (can be upgraded to i130 but I've never ever bothered) at level 50 which will carry you easily to the later half of the 50s.

Poetics can also be used for i260 gear at level 60 which is fine until a very specific dungeon at level 64.

At 70 you have two new tokens, Creation and Mendacity. However, you literally have approximately ~2/3rds of the MSQ ahead of you until the end of 4.0, so it's not particularly worth it to burn calories about The End Game right now.

Enjoy the end of 2.0~~~~ (it's cool)

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Regarding gearing up: You get the upgraded artifact/job gear (aka the ilv90 gear) at the end of the level 50 job quest as of Stormblood. That'll do you fine until you can get enough poetics to get a full set of Ironworks gear (ilv120 gear).

That'll carry you through most of the HW plot until you get to later-stage, at which point you can just pick up the quest reward levelling gear they hand out like candy at the time. Ideally you should have enough poetics by the point where you're reaching lv60 to get yourself a set of Shire Gear (il260) once you reach the end of Heavensward's plot. Which'll be enough to get you into SB where you basically repeat the same pattern - the 260 gear will carry you until the 64 Dungeon, at which point you start picking up dungeon/quest reward gear to replace as needed.

Once you get to 70 you unlock Creation and Mendacity. Creation currently offers you the Lost Allagan gear (330) which was last raid tier's set, but is easier to get and doesn't have a weekly cap. From there you can do Deltascape/Sigmascape/the expert dungeons to fill out your gear while earning Mendacity (the currently weekly capped tomestone) to get yourself the Ryumaku Gear, which combined with the Diamond gear (aka the drops from the Extra Hard version of the latest bossfights) is best in slot for roughly 90% of classes.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Being an annoying pedant that rules up the thread every couple of months. It’s like Fister and Verranicus had a baby.

You are calling me pedantic? When every time I criticize the game people come out of the woodwork to inform me at great length that I'm having fun wrong? This thread is just plain odd.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Had the worst rabanastre this week, both healers in my party refused to cast heals and threatened the party, then when we kicked them they called a GM on our RDM and he got dragged out during chariot boss.
Looking at ACT one of the replacement healers literally didn’t cast anything the entire time but the other one did more than enough for the both of them so no one noticed

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Cythereal posted:

You are calling me pedantic? When every time I criticize the game people come out of the woodwork to inform me at great length that I'm having fun wrong? This thread is just plain odd.

Considering the number of times you’ve said you don’t like something without even giving it a spin, yeah in fact you are the weird one.

Any attempts to help you out when you hit stumbling blocks is literally like pulling loving teeth.

I don’t know if you go out of your way to be unpleasant to interact with or if it’s just pure natural talent.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a ffxiv apologist, I think Eureka was terrible. I view PoTD style content as pure tedium. The crafting system is basically designed to inject gil into the veins of people who already have enough gil to meet the stupid loving requirements.

Meanwhile what I remember about you was a solid day of whining about ilvl requirements that most newbies who put in even an iota of critical thought into solve fairly quickly, hell Mollie had been 70 for like a week before he was already pug allstarring his way through the latest savage content. The reason he could do this? He didn’t stop for an hour to argue with every piece of advice given.

KoB
May 1, 2009
whoooooooooooooooooooooooo caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaares

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
:gas:

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

:protogas:

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

EGSunBro posted:

I like HoH a lot more than PoTD. Feels like you have more options and it moves faster, plus the little bit of variety in big rooms helps. Personally like the aesthetic more but that’s personal preference.

Honestly the delayed patch thing just seems like a way to keep people subbed more despite the famous Yoshida quote, and it feels kinda lame between that and the rapid influx of cash shop stuff.

I’ve liked all the content sans eureka but it definitely feels thinly spread out

HoH being only 100 floors total instead of 200 like PoTD is much better, because neither are ever made to be hard. PoTD was just a boring slog for 180 floors until you go to mobs that could actually kill you if you weren't paying attention. Unfortunately it appears if they continue adding deep dungeons that they're always going to be piss easy no matter what because they want to make them be soloable and clearable with any party configuration (e.g. 4 of any role).

The only content SE will ever make to be remotely difficult is 8 mans, anything 4 man or 24 man will remain to be easy to anyone that isn't mentally retarded.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
I would love some hard 4-man content, especially because throwing together 4 people is much easier than having to get 8 for a static. I know the later floors of the Deep Dungeons exist but they're both a huge time commitment and almost entirely trash mobs. Something like Savage Mode dungeons (which is apparently what WOW's Mythic dungeons are? Idk I don't play WOW) would be really nice. Even just some sort of added rewards for doing a dungeon at min ilvl or w/e would be cool.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I'm cursed to be stuck on floor 60 hoh forever. Every party I've joined we've disbanded there.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Maguoob posted:

HoH being only 100 floors total instead of 200 like PoTD is much better, because neither are ever made to be hard. PoTD was just a boring slog for 180 floors until you go to mobs that could actually kill you if you weren't paying attention. Unfortunately it appears if they continue adding deep dungeons that they're always going to be piss easy no matter what because they want to make them be soloable and clearable with any party configuration (e.g. 4 of any role).

The only content SE will ever make to be remotely difficult is 8 mans, anything 4 man or 24 man will remain to be easy to anyone that isn't mentally retarded.

No deep dungeon is fully soloable on anything except Red Mage

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mister Olympus posted:

I know two people who've done it on Paladin.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

The furthest a PLD has gotten is floor 180 so I'd say you actually know two liars

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

He means a full solo up to F200 (PoTD) or F100 (HoH), so far only RDMs have completely solo'd PoTD.

Due to Magicite, we might see more than just RDM with F100 clears of HoH.

Mister Olympus posted:

For PoTD this may be more of an issue of RNG being slightly less of an issue for RDM than every other job. No serenity pom on a high floor with a no items allowed floor effect can make it either impossible or be too much of a time waste for every DPS but RDM because RDM can still heal themselves up. Tanks and Healers also have more issues with the time limit and their lower dps. The real reason you don't see anyone but RDM is because it is very difficult for every job but RDM to clear within 60 minutes.

Maguoob fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jul 7, 2018

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I apparently know two liars.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Mister Olympus posted:

I think SCH could do it if you got insanely good luck; there's an entry for floor 189. Grinding out runs on that instead of just doing RDM seems like a waste, though.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Rhymenoserous posted:

Considering the number of times you’ve said you don’t like something without even giving it a spin, yeah in fact you are the weird one.

Any attempts to help you out when you hit stumbling blocks is literally like pulling loving teeth.

I don’t know if you go out of your way to be unpleasant to interact with or if it’s just pure natural talent.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a ffxiv apologist, I think Eureka was terrible. I view PoTD style content as pure tedium. The crafting system is basically designed to inject gil into the veins of people who already have enough gil to meet the stupid loving requirements.

Meanwhile what I remember about you was a solid day of whining about ilvl requirements that most newbies who put in even an iota of critical thought into solve fairly quickly, hell Mollie had been 70 for like a week before he was already pug allstarring his way through the latest savage content. The reason he could do this? He didn’t stop for an hour to argue with every piece of advice given.

Stop flirting and just gently caress each other already

HoH is pretty fun. I adore the art absolutely everywhere and am glad to have it as an option for combat jobs. I'm glad that Apex seems to be a little shorter this time but I hope it's as hard as the last 20 or 30 floors of potd were. Petrifying pomegranates and magicites are a big flavor improvement over rages and absolutions. I wish there had been a few more new pomeranians but I'm entertained and I hope to see at least a Susano magicite before the expansion's over.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Sade posted:

Stop flirting and just gently caress each other already

HoH is pretty fun. I adore the art absolutely everywhere and am glad to have it as an option for combat jobs. I'm glad that Apex seems to be a little shorter this time but I hope it's as hard as the last 20 or 30 floors of potd were. Petrifying pomegranates and magicites are a big flavor improvement over rages and absolutions. I wish there had been a few more new pomeranians but I'm entertained and I hope to see at least a Susano magicite before the expansion's over.

I generally find randomly generated things boring because they ultimately pull from a set pile of templates and you see that template over and over and over and over again throughout the course of an entire run, and because the whole thing has to be balanced around not having the trinity available it limits the mechanics they can really do. The bosses remind me a but of Guild Wars 2 bosses which ultimately came down to "DPS faster because utility is useless".

Granted this isn't true in the highest floors.

EDIT: it's loving great for leveling dps classes though what with queues being what they are.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jul 7, 2018

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Maguoob posted:

He means a full solo up to F200 (PoTD) or F100 (HoH), so far only RDMs have completely solo'd PoTD.

Due to Magicite, we might see more than just RDM with F100 clears of HoH.

There's also the 20 regen potions you can buy with a potsherd for HoH, jobs without easy sustainability can make use of those.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Rhymenoserous posted:

EDIT: it's loving great for leveling dps classes though what with queues being what they are.

It is, until you run into an all-dps (with no RDM/SMN) group where you either get unlucky with traps, or have a group that insists on clearing all rooms, even on the "no auto-heal" floors, in which case you might as well have just queued for a normal dungeon because you've wasted your time.

I liked POTD, but I spammed it on RDM, where, no matter how bad things got, I could at least rest assured that I could save the group from a wipe if I boned down hard and Vercured, but now all I have left to level is DPS classes with no heal/rez abilities and I just don't have the energy to roll the dice on wiping and getting nothing out of it.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

not gonna lie I think I liked potd more

at least it made the effort to vary the environment a little

i hope you like the asian house motif because that's all you seem to get in hoh

tho i'm only on like floor 40

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

UHD posted:

POTD had even less variety because all I did was spam 51-60 over and over. This is the game's fault

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

UHD posted:

I haven't been to apex at all because Work but poo poo got buck wild in the really high potd floors. I hope there's poo poo half as trippy close to 100.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

UHD posted:

You get new environments as you go up.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

UHD posted:

The floors change significantly on higher levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

k good that's what I was hopin