Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Funnily, that's what Chris spent on ships that one day in Italy

I suspect boating around Marina Grande, Capri, Italy, was more than 4k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

Lol what was that even supposed to be for , or to prototype ?

Not to mention they nixed anything vr ages ago

Vr already has boundaries setup and a few ways to do locomotion ... without having to wear a retarded looking getup

Not sure what it was for tbh, it makes me laugh everytime though because the awful setup, the untidy room, the unwitting nerd held hostage in the cupboard (probably has a wallet), the overall cheap and tacky look of everything in that clip just suits Crobblers so much. :D

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

XK posted:

I suspect boating around Marina Grande, Capri, Italy, was more than 4k.

In a totally non-shill, non-troll response: It really isn't. When I was at Amalfi, I paid a private captain a couple hundred USD in a small group outing (8 of us total). He took us around adolfo scotto and more. We were out for about a half-day.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

"I could care less if people get refunds. What I care about is them"

Do tell me more. :allears:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Sabreseven posted:

Not sure what it was for tbh, it makes me laugh everytime though because the awful setup, the untidy room, the unwitting nerd held hostage in the cupboard (probably has a wallet), the overall cheap and tacky look of everything in that clip just suits Crobblers so much. :D

Well , I agree

But if they had kept things looking like that we wouldn't be in the same situation .... at least maybe not right away

Instead Chris is bumbling around in his custom built and sickeningly furnished office playing with the newest and most expensive of everything

Maybe he really is a game making prodigy , but he's forgotten what it's like to actually work for it instead of everyone handing him sacks of cash and fawning over his very existence

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

XK posted:

No, either way, the entire house didn't drain. It was an absolute nightmare.

The contractor didn't set up a porta-potty? o_O

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Thoatse posted:

If any of those purchases were in the post #SaveMWO era then lol... if they were post Transfail I don't even

:negative:

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'll clarify. I sold them for 5k, netting 1k profit. I still have another 4k worth of ships that I'd have no problem earning some profit on since they're seen as "rare."

I'm really extremely excited to watch you try and make a profit on these "rare" ships as CIG continues to strangle the grey market.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

ManofManyAliases posted:

In a totally non-shill, non-troll response: It really isn't. When I was at Amalfi, I paid a private captain a couple hundred USD in a small group outing (8 of us total). He took us around adolfo scotto and more. We were out for about a half-day.

I suspect vacationing to the island of Capri is more costly than the mainland destination of Amalfi.

What a life, hit up the Grand Prix of Monaco, than have a little rest on Capri.

Monaco during Grand Prix is the much bigger cost, but the Capri picture is better.

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009

fuctifino posted:

I can't remember who suggested putting wavy-hand CR in the spinny space station pic, but here it is

http://i.imgur.com/T8gR7S7.gifv

:five:
/thread

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

lol are we enticing people to get refunds or are we faking refunds? I can never keep up with the meta...

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

You missed the part where I offloaded 4k worth for 1k in profits.

I've asked you numerous times for the total RSI value of your fleet and how much you've down in total on this scam and you've always dodged the simple question.

Also if you offloaded 4k worth of ships, shouldn't you have got four times the value for them, aren't you concerned you're selling too early?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

XK posted:

I suspect vacationing to the island of Capri is more costly than the mainland destination of Amalfi.

Monaco during Grand Prix is the much bigger cost, but the Capri picture is better.

Look at him go :3:

He was so happy and free back then, not a game in the world

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

lol almalfi is where the wannabe upper-middle class go to vacation, congrats on heading to the ensenada of italy

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

XK posted:

Only cost a couple hundred bux

I mean, assuming you can get to Italy for free. Probably the airline did it for publicity

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

I've asked you numerous times for the total RSI value of your fleet and how much you've down in total on this scam and you've always dodged the simple question.

Also if you offloaded 4k worth of ships, shouldn't you have got four times the value for them, aren't you concerned you're selling too early?

Yeah, you know, I don't owe you any figure or explanation at all. I mean, feel free to continue to ask, but :shrug:

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I'm just remembering how mad Brendan would get when someone misspelled his name

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
also you should really put "my parents paid" in front of every statement that includes you handing money over to people

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

lol are we enticing people to get refunds or are we faking refunds? I can never keep up with the meta...

Yes. I suspect we might have also brought down building 7, hidden Lord Lucan and know the location of the Ark of the Covenant.

Oh, and we're all Derek.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Ayn Marx posted:

I remember his blog; it was a treasure trove of lovely editing, lovely writing, and lovely opinions

(mlmp)

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Thoatse posted:

The contractor didn't set up a porta-potty? o_O

No, but somebody managed to roll their car over right in front of my house while my yard was getting dug up. Super weird as it's a lightly traveled side street. Not entirely sure how, I think their front tire caught the tire of the parked car they hit, and rode up it, laying the car on its side.

I, and the crew digging up my yard, on lunch break, got to watch the fire department cut a car open like a tin can to get out the driver who was basically just standing on the pavement through the passenger side window waiting. We didn't even hear the accident happen over the noise of the backhoe and air compressor.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

lol almalfi is where the wannabe upper-middle class go to vacation, congrats on heading to the ensenada of italy

Ok? I had a whole vacation planned, not just Amalfi. But thanks - you've given me much more to aspire to reach.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

Yeah, you know, I don't owe you any figure or explanation at all. I mean, feel free to continue to ask, but :shrug:

Excuse me would you like to give me a figure or explanation please?

Also, Are you really Toast?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Yes, that's fine, the point is I'm not "missing" anything about your investments, you've consistently avoided discussing the subject. Just like you avoid discussing gameplay for this "game" you've wasted at least $4k on (assuming you could actually get $4k back now).

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Ok? I had a whole vacation planned, not just Amalfi. But thanks - you've given me much more to aspire to reach.
yes, please keep us updated via facebook of all the mediocre locations you visit with your parents money

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

peter gabriel posted:

Excuse me would you like to give me a figure or explanation please?

I'm looking through my files where it says you're my accountant ..... nope can't find anything.

quote:

Also, Are you really Toast?

What does your heart tell you?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Also welcome to 2013 when people in this thread who'd been stupid enough to back this scam, like me, starting thinking of it in terms of "offloading".

You're 4 years late but you got there.

Finally.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm looking through my files where it says you're my accountant ..... nope can't find anything.

What does your heart tell you?

I knew it

XK
Jul 9, 2001

The reddit dude(s) who keep quoting Derek as "DKS", is Derek's middle initial "K", or is that just a carry over from the stupid "Derek Kalifa Smart" thing they were doing?

Just asking so I know whether I can mock them over "DKS".

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Every person who works for the Government should never speak of it because they are all spooks or other secret agents according to :reddit:

loving parking wardens work for the loving government, white line painters work for the government, pot hole repairers... oh I could go on but :reddit: just live in their own little world :D

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Ayn Marx posted:

I honestly don't think I ever even knew his real name lol. It was something dumb like Branson right? I know I make fun of /r/ds for all their "Derpy Schmizzle" poo poo but watching Brenda melt down over people calling him the wrong name was super funny.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Ahh, your heart led you astray.

I'm unequivocally NOT Toast.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Where exactly are you planning to unload ships, MoMA? The Star Citizen trade reddit is currently selling under cost, except for super rare poo poo. Do you have 4k in 890 Jumps?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I work for the State of Florida, AMA

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Beet Wagon posted:

I honestly don't think I ever even knew his real name lol. It was something dumb like Branson right? I know I make fun of /r/ds for all their "Derpy Schmizzle" poo poo but watching Brenda melt down over people calling him the wrong name was super funny.

I think it was Branson. Brenda was the best name anyone called him. I lost my poo poo when someone called him that during one of his meltdowns.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'll clarify. I sold them for 5k, netting 1k profit. I still have another 4k worth of ships that I'd have no problem earning some profit on since they're seen as "rare."

Stupid goons, I can sell my beanie babies any time I want :smuggo:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

BMan posted:

Stupid goons, I can sell my beanie babies any time I want :smuggo:

This, but bitcoins

Wait, what do you mean, this extremely sketchy company vanished overnight and took my digital goods with it?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

This is the long con. He has no money in SC and is making GBS threads up the thread.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

Ahh, your heart led you astray.

I'm unequivocally NOT Toast.

drat it, I was certain I had you that time :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

I work for the State of Florida, AMA

I call BS, people who really work for that place you just said you work for never talk about working at that place you just said you worked at