Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

XK posted:

$5.5k is worth it so I can spend the rest of my life using a modern toilet.

After the North Korean war really got started, Historians used this post to indicate the heights of irony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Quavers posted:

:siren: CIG's 2FA is broken :siren:

Their previous post...

Days since CIG last hosed up = 0

And we expected exactly what now?

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
I bought NMS after reading all the bad reviews

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I've spent way too much money on hearthstone.

I buy $50 of packs every expansion and justify it by saying I don't buy ever buy any new PS4 games at full price.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

XK posted:

$5.5k is worth it so I can spend the rest of my life using a modern toilet. What did your $4k in ships get you, MoMA?

The ships include space toilets.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

XK posted:

You're just a 72 year old hater.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

I spent 4k on ships.

:owned:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

XK posted:

You're just a 72 year old hater.

Ah man. But it's a few posts later so now I'm 94. You missed. Before you know it I'll be

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

skaboomizzy posted:

I buy $50 of packs every expansion and justify it by saying I don't buy ever buy any new PS4 games at full price.

I usually get the preorder and another 50 packs every expansion.

I justify this by saying I don't play many other games. I play diablo, WOW, hearthstone, and some BF1.

I'm hoping Destiny 2 is good. Destiny seemed like it could have been an awesome game if they changed some design choices.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
:rip:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Hav posted:

After the North Korean war really got started, Historians used this post to indicate the heights of irony.

After 3 days of putting a plastic bag in a bucket, doing my business carefully, then surreptitiously dropping said bag in the mall garbage can, I can officially say that nothing any video game could ever offer me beats having a functional sewer line.

Give me a Javelin, or give me a flushing toilet.

I'll take the toilet.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Star Citizen chased COD away from futuristic shooters. Its not like they made like 5 in a row and decided to stop. No. Star citizen showed them all up with how epic star marine was.

But wait. I thought game dev took 7 years minimum.

I'm confused.

The realistic reason is they made and finished their game.... now they are making a new one. They still collect the money from sales for that game, plus the next.

It's like Frontier made ED... then made another game. They still collect money from sales, etc.

The problem here is that the word "made" isn't in CIGs dialect. So they will never know the pleasure of finishing a thing and then moving on to the next thing.

Let's use people they understand:

Sandi was the marketing director or whatever. Then she moved on and is now a student film actress. Though she still collects money for being the marketing director.

Hopefully this analogy will help people understand what it means to finish one project and move on to the next.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

skaboomizzy posted:

Yeah but they are moving to 3 expansion per year. No adventures which are cheaper and you get 100% of the cards.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

D_Smart posted:

AFAIK they are neither an investor, nor a publisher in Star Citizen.

Amazon is a public company. They are required to disclose any such deals either in SEC filings (it doesn't exist) or investor briefings. It's the law. Just ask MoMa.

I am an AMZ investor. I would know.

And I don't know where you got that they "received $50m" last year. Whoever told you that, is probably feeding you horseshit as usual. That aside from the fact that with $50m and the $36m they received in 2016, no way they would be pulling all the recent desperate tactics to raise money in 2017.

Except for, and I am spitballing here, you know, sheer greed.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Amazon should invest money in my sewer line.

Better return on value.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

XK posted:

$5.5k is worth it so I can spend the rest of my life using a modern toilet. What did your $4k in ships get you, MoMA?

Endless laughter, some worry, some crying. I should write a blog.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

ManofManyAliases posted:

Endless laughter, some worry, some crying. I should write a blog.

You could get the same from watching a movie.

I recommend Synechdoche, New York (2008), with Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

I've got many talents. :3:

The only way to be anything at all is to be everything. -Ryan Archer

I will just settle for being the best Goony shitposter I can be.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

:argh:

Although all jokes aside, MoMA is one of the most effective trolls we've had so far. The sheer number of goons who don't realize he is my parachute account will fall all over themselves to tell him he's an idiot is impressive, and doubly so considering he has yet to have a nuclear meltdown and go full Brendan.

I think it was Bransen

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I got married and was suckered into the adorable daughter content pack.

Yeah, but she actually came out.

(Sorry, I went there, but it was too awesome an opportunity.)

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

The Titanic posted:

The realistic reason is they made and finished their game.... now they are making a new one. They still collect the money from sales for that game, plus the next.

It's like Frontier made ED... then made another game. They still collect money from sales, etc.

The problem here is that the word "made" isn't in CIGs dialect. So they will never know the pleasure of finishing a thing and then moving on to the next thing.

Let's use people they understand:

Sandi was the marketing director or whatever. Then she moved on and is now a student film actress. Though she still collects money for being the marketing director.

Hopefully this analogy will help people understand what it means to finish one project and move on to the next.

The problem with that is their target demographic cannot deal with that kind of change. That is why they are so hell bent on SC being a game they can play for generations.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

I could have said I spent $100 on TAK packs . . .

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Samizdata posted:

I will just settle for being the best Goony shitposter I can be.

A+ performance so far.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
The other moma told us it was $8k in ships.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

The other moma told us it was $8k in ships.

You missed the part where I offloaded 4k worth for 1k in profits.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

I could have said I spent $100 on TAK packs . . .

:negative:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

ManofManyAliases posted:

You missed the part where I offloaded 4k worth for 1k in profits.

Only $3K for the belt. Savvy.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Star Citizen: I mean, c'mon!

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Shut up MoMA.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Ayn Marx posted:

I think it was Bransen

He's just a minor inconvenience now.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

ManofManyAliases posted:

D_Smart posted:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Samizdata posted:

Yeah, but she actually came out.

(Sorry, I went there, but it was too awesome an opportunity.)

Someone installed the 2.0 patch and suddenly my daughter is far less user friendly.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Someone installed the 2.0 patch and suddenly my daughter is far less user friendly.

3.0 is teenage years. Like most 3.0 patches, you never know what to expect.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

XK posted:

After 3 days of putting a plastic bag in a bucket, doing my business carefully, then surreptitiously dropping said bag in the mall garbage can, I can officially say that nothing any video game could ever offer me beats having a functional sewer line.

Give me a Javelin, or give me a flushing toilet.

I'll take the toilet.

Just poo poo in the sink

You got a garbage disposal right? Coulda saved $5.5k

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
is this thread still about fyre festival?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Colostomy Bag posted:

3.0 is teenage years. Like most 3.0 patches, you never know what to expect.

You spend much of the time wondering if they're ever gonna finally come out

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Seems to have something to do with school and that learning to read thing. No longer the willing turret gunner in training, mine is quickly winning the battle forcing me to learn Minecraft.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Hav posted:

Star Citizen that was close to the 'inner circle' as he had a fetish for designing spaceships; The Polaris was one of his designs, and he was a fairly prolific poster. I believe that he was also over here for a while.

Also a personal windmill and lazy hook in the water for concern posting.

Alleged. He still needs his ten minutes in court.

Yeah, I hate that people avoid it, mainly because you could actually make a difference. Sure, it's a pain in the rear end, but it's a civic loving duty.

At least for me, its not that i want to avoid it but live far away from the court house and have only public transportation to and from it. Its an hour and a half long bus ride each way.

I would love to be a juror if it didnt take an extra 3 hours out my day. I thunk it would be quite interesting.

I cant wait to get my check for like 5 bucks. Well worth the 8 hours spent here doing nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

Lladre posted:

He's just a minor inconvenience now.

Huh?