Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Male bunnygirl outfits were added due to player demand, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I had a Lalafell say something about my character's butt being nice once.

Which is weird, because I play a guy and you'd think no one would thirst after male characters. Also, I wasn't wearing anything butt exposing. Also, post-1.0 butts. :shrug:

You need to get out more, then

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I play a guy and you'd think no one would thirst after male characters.

I am genuinely curious why you'd think this.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

FWIW: Someone asked my catman if he was looking for a gf once. It got awkward.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Alder posted:

FWIW: Someone asked my catman if he was looking for a gf once. It got awkward.

Was he?

I've got my Fisher to level 10 and I think that's where it's going to stay!

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

sorry my catman is married to ME <:mad:>

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I had a Lalafell say something about my character's butt being nice once.

Which is weird, because I play a guy and you'd think no one would thirst after male characters. Also, I wasn't wearing anything butt exposing. Also, post-1.0 butts. :shrug:

...I'm sorry, should I post a compilation of the last few Maintenance Au Ra? Seriously, poo poo's baratiddy *par excellence*.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 9, 2018

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

Mordiceius posted:

What is it that attracts the worst people to catboys?

Someone being a tryhard? Probably a catboy.
Someone being a creeper? Probably a catboy.
Someone complaining about mechanics? Probably a catboy.
Someone doesn't know their class? Probably a catboy.

While there are terrible players everywhere, I feel like the catboys are a fuggin honeypot trap for the worst people in the game.

As someone who is way too nerdy for my own good and does roleplaying on Mateus, another terrible aspect of catboys are that they are often way too online and yaoi-obsessed lunatics. Coming from a RL gay guy who plays a catboy, you've no idea the amount of creepy messages I've received ingame and on Discord just because of my character from yaoi people that wants some e-dick, and the sick fetishization that they have for catboys :(

The poster talking about how Roes are usually the chillest, 100% agreed.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

My love for my catman is pure.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Yes perfect.

I'm a massive weeb for Samurai and this is just the opening cinematic I needed.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I don't know. In my experience online, guys want girls and girls also want girls. I suppose I didn't account for gay guys, admittedly, but I don't think I've ever seen a male/male couple in XIV, so I hadn't really thought about it.

I hope that doesn't sound offensive, because I don't mean it that way. :(

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jul 10, 2018

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

haurchefant and aymeric both pretty clearly wanna do the deed with the player character regardless of sex

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I don't know. In my experience online, guys want girls and girls also want girls. I suppose I didn't account for gay guys, admittedly, but I don't think I've ever seen a male/male couple in XIV, so I hadn't really thought about it.

I hope that doesn't sound offensive, because I don't mean it that way. :(

Me and my boyfriend are a male/male couple with our XIV characters. A mutual friend even commissioned artwork of us for Christmas some years ago. :v:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Me and my boyfriend are a male/male couple with our XIV characters. A mutual friend even commissioned artwork of us for Christmas some years ago. :v:

This is adorable.

FetchingToaster
Jan 2, 2015

HoH is cool. The last 20 or so floors have a really nice aesthetic and the last 10 floors have some neat enemies.

It's tense as hell actually getting to that point though.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Alder posted:

This is adorable.

Holy heck this

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

World War Mammories posted:

haurchefant and aymeric both pretty clearly wanna do the deed with the player character regardless of sex

I don't remember being flirted with by Haurchy, but I do distinctly remember Thancred insinuating that Aymeric was in love with my character. The look of happiness on his face when I invited him on an adventure in the future cemented that.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

That's pretty cool. :)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I don't remember being flirted with by Haurchy, but I do distinctly remember Thancred insinuating that Aymeric was in love with my character. The look of happiness on his face when I invited him on an adventure in the future cemented that.

That's pretty cool. :)

Haurchefant literally talks about how mad he is that some bandits disrupted the mail cause he bought you some lingerie and wanting to see your strapping adventurers muscles.

Dude was you boyfriend from like 2.2 forward.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Thundarr posted:

If anybody stops moving about 3-4 feet from you for a long time, expect that they are using the camera to upskirt you.

Also, most of the ones running around in their underpants via Emperor's New whatever are using nude mods. Sometimes these two Venn diagram circles overlap.

Enjoy your stay!

Stuff like this is why I glamoured shorts under the yukata on my anime samurai glam. :whitewater:

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Haurchefant literally talks about how mad he is that some bandits disrupted the mail cause he bought you some lingerie and wanting to see your strapping adventurers muscles.

He also invites you for some ponyplay during that horse seasonal event thing.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

If Haurchefant is our 2.2-3.0 bf, does this mean in 2.0 Minfilia was our gf?

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Rosalind posted:

pray return for a booty call

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
The "falling" "snows".

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Rosalind posted:

The only things Minnie loves are talking on her phone and JoJo poses.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

my heart will always belong to aymeric

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

So.... is Zenos our 4.0 BF?

Edit: Wrong number.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jul 10, 2018

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

A Sometimes Food posted:

So.... is Zenos our 3.0 BF?

no it's gosetsu

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
It's Hien duh

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Please don't try to cuck Yugiri.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
actually greg is the romantic interest of 2.0, and it pains me that no one ever remembers old greg

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The Grimace posted:

actually greg is the romantic interest of 2.0, and it pains me that no one ever remembers old greg
SMDH at people who do not do Hildibrand

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
Hot take: while I normally enjoy the Hildibrand quests, the Stormblood ones have ranged from dull to cringeworthy. Feels like they're trying too hard.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Aymeric is Eorzeas biggest fuccboi sliding into your dms while you morn your dead husband.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Alakaiser posted:

Hot take: while I normally enjoy the Hildibrand quests, the Stormblood ones have ranged from dull to cringeworthy. Feels like they're trying too hard.

They've lost their luster for me since there's never any trials/battle content in them anymore. Those were fun fights and broke up the quests nicely, as they are now it just feels like a slog to go through them.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I just did 4.35'a Hildibrand quests yesterday. I think the problems with HW and SB are that they start out slow, with Nashu actively trying to find Hildibrand for a whole patch's worth of quests before he himself actually arrives. There's also that the quests feel shorter than ARR's, due in part to the lack of trials. Still, I love what they do with Hildibrand. Having a direct reference to Lone Wolf's cliff choice in VI made me so happy, as did Hildibrand and his party's response to the "choice." And this patch with Jim was great too, especially since Hildibrand forgets about his group makeup. I think it's still quality, just in shorter bursts.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I think part of what makes it fall flat for me this time around is that Shigure just isn't a very good straight man. He's too gosh darn agreeable!

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Do they hold up better if you do the whole cycle at once rather than piecemeal? I waited until the end of Heavensward to do all of 3.0 Hildibrand, and I thought it was pretty enjoyable, so I'm considering doing the same for Stormblood.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Algid posted:

He also invites you for some ponyplay during that horse seasonal event thing.

Wow, Haurchy wasn't as innocent as I thought.

jalapeno_dude posted:

pray return for a booty call

She does seem intent on getting us into her private room a lot...

Alakaiser posted:

Agreed. There's a spark of something missing, though Yojimbo showing up was nice. But for some reason he doesn't remember me. :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jul 10, 2018

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Heavensward is pretty much just John Wick. A bunch of corrupted assholes murder your loyal boyfriend/dog and now you exist solely to make them pay for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Agreed. There's a spark of something missing, though Yojimbo showing up was nice. But for some reason he doesn't remember me. :argh:

Really? He definitely did a double take when he saw me. I was mostly disappointed that Jim was... pretty ordinary as far as conversations go. His conflicted gag was very predictable but still this best bit.

There's an opening to have Jim and Greg's Excellent Adventure later if they want to go for it.

E: click the fanfest page the instant the clock ticks over to 2 PM, wait 30 minutes, puts me at the front of the line and says all tickets are sold out. What bullshit.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 10, 2018