Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Those two women belong in prison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

If youre in a different level of schooling* you shouldnt be dating, its really simple.

*Persuant of course to the B. Madison Clause.

"Billy"
"Age 43"
"Peeing your pants is the coolest!"
<< or >>

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

blarzgh posted:

Once again, why are these people's dating pool so limited that they have to go outside their demographic?

people like to gently caress, inside or outside "their demographic"

we've had whole supreme court cases about this man it's fine, it's fine

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Elsa posted:

Lol Nazzadan stoking the thread with that fire

Why Elsa, I never!
I'm just posting content for this, the Something Awful GBS r/relationships thread

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

blarzgh posted:

Once again, why are these people's dating pool so limited that they have to go outside their demographic?

stunningly, sometimes 2 people from different social circles meet and are attracted to one another. The age difference is not a hard and fast rule, it's an indicator that pops up in this thread all the time as it is such an indicator of immaturity.

However I have met plenty of people in my life that have perfectly normal relationships with age differences. Once you get out of college, the difference is not as stark, as now you can have people whose goals mesh. Some people want to start a family ASAP out of college, others want to wait till their 30s and develop their careers. If a 31 year old meets a 22 year old that wants to settle down already, and they are ready to settle down, there is no reason that is 100% not going to work. It's something to be aware of, not a law that must be followed.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

blarzgh posted:

they were in the same demographic of "looking to gently caress people on tinder". I dunno how you personally use tinder but everyone I've ever known who has touched the app just swipes through all their daily options for anyone they find attractive and then sorts out the matches later. Apparently they found him to be one of the more attractive matches they ended up with (and vice versa), they hosed.

That's not really how I date either so I just don't use tinder, for people who just wanna have some casual fun while they're single tho it's there and there's nothing wrong with using it. Apparently he can date within his own demographic, cause the lady freaking out about his past sexual encounters is around his age.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

WoodrowSkillson posted:

stunningly, sometimes 2 people from different social circles meet and are attracted to one another. The age difference is not a hard and fast rule, it's an indicator that pops up in this thread all the time as it is such an indicator of immaturity.

However I have met plenty of people in my life that have perfectly normal relationships with age differences. Once you get out of college, the difference is not as stark, as now you can have people whose goals mesh. Some people want to start a family ASAP out of college, others want to wait till their 30s and develop their careers. If a 31 year old meets a 22 year old that wants to settle down already, and they are ready to settle down, there is no reason that is 100% not going to work. It's something to be aware of, not a law that must be followed.

at this point I'm pretty sure half this thread is nowhere near neurotypical enough to grasp the idea of observing a trend without codifying it into invariable law

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I swear to god I'm not searching for these, they are just coming up with my search keyword
I [19 M] feel like there's a connection between me and my friend's sister [16 F] but I don't know how her parents would react.

quote:

She's made a few comments in the past to mutual friends suggesting that she might be interested in me, as well as me noticing some signs when we've spent time together in familial happenings, but I'm not sure how her parents would react if I were to ask her out a) because of the age gap and b) because of her and her family being friends for 11 years.
No tl;dr here, but what would you do if you were in my situation?
Edit: I should mention I don't personally think she's too young for me and as I understand it she feels the same way. The only concern is if her parents do. Personally, I'm far from mature for my age, and she's generally more mature than most 16 year olds I've met. Should also state that I'm in the UK and the age of consent is 16 here unless you're in a position of trust to them (i.e. guardian/teacher). Even if it weren't legal and the age of consent were 18 I'd be happy to maintain a platonic relationship until she turned 18.
Edit 2: Christ, I hope you guys realise you're downvoting a throwaway. Too many of you people are making the 19/16 age gap seem bigger than it actually is.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Yall understand the question was about a college student dating a high school junior, and an 18 year old that was committing statutory rape, right?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Nice normalization of child molestation itt, smh

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

people like to gently caress, inside or outside "their demographic"

we've had whole supreme court cases about this man it's fine, it's fine

Loving vs Virginia. Heh.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Little off-topic but since we were talking about pranks again couple pages back, there's this one YouTube channel trending because it's parents who Pull "pranks"on their kids that are totally just abuse and they're finally getting their poo poo called out. My friend was explaining to me one video where they tell the son that they're giving him up for adoption, to the point where he's in complete hysterics and that's the prank:

https://www.google.ca/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/4763981/daddyofive-mike-martin-heather-martin-youtube-prank-custody/%3Fsource%3Ddam

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Little off-topic but since we were talking about pranks again couple pages back, there's this one YouTube channel trending because it's parents who Pull "pranks"on their kids that are totally just abuse and they're finally getting their poo poo called out. My friend was explaining to me one video where they tell the son that they're giving him up for adoption, to the point where he's in complete hysterics and that's the prank:

https://www.google.ca/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/4763981/daddyofive-mike-martin-heather-martin-youtube-prank-custody/%3Fsource%3Ddam

They are scum and the poo poo is not funny

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

here I was thinking the dream of drawing a comfortable living purely from abusing children had died with the Dickensian orphanages

isn't the same couple that forged their custody papers and told the kids their biomom had ditched them because she didn't love them anymore

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:15 on May 3, 2017

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Not to defend them if true but aren't the parents saying everything is staged and the kids are in on it?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

Not to defend them if true but aren't the parents saying everything is staged and the kids are in on it?

Watch the videos, they are lying white trash

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gAk14WKgXs&app=desktop

Does this look like they're in on it

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

blarzgh posted:

Yall understand the question was about a college student dating a high school junior, and an 18 year old that was committing statutory rape, right?

I was going to say the 30 yr old's demographic includes teens but then decided you probably meant the child molester womens

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

NomChompsky posted:

Kid no you're only 17 why throw away your life on this creepy woman who is in a totally different place in her life?! :supaburn:

Honestly the second one sounds like the million other cases I encountered of seniors dating freshmen. Was it kind of weird? Sure but it was also highschool.

Why are dullards so fixated on the idea that physical age has anything to do with emotional maturity? As sheltered perma-children you'd think we'd all realized by now that it's what you learn in your time, not how much you have, that levels your Adultyhood ranking to Max.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

blarzgh posted:

I think theyre both committing that crime, but I am not the writer of Transformers: Dark of the Moon so Im not sure.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Maybe I have weird opinions because I'm an ancient 30 year old and all these fuckin kids just sound like dumb babies. What are you 22? Shut up idiot.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

You rotten kids and your tindr none of this poo poo would ever happen if phones still had cords! :argh:

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Why are dullards so fixated on the idea that physical age has anything to do with emotional maturity? As sheltered perma-children you'd think we'd all realized by now that it's what you learn in your time, not how much you have, that levels your Adultyhood ranking to Max.
The issue is that teenagers are in the Dunning-Kruger bracket of emotional maturity: you're a weird hormonal mess but you think you're a well-adjusted adult. This fixes itself for most people somewhere around mid-20s.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ArbitraryC posted:

thats what the abusive manipulative parents are saying to make their monstrosity seem less evil but you absolutely do not ever purposely cause your children to cry and freak out. you can't destroy your child's trust and love and then get it back by claiming "it's just a prank bro". that's not how it works

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

NomChompsky posted:

You rotten kids and your tindr none of this poo poo would ever happen if phones still had cords! :argh:

Back in my day, you could use a rotary phone to bludgeon someone to death. How the hell am I supposed to kill someone with a telephone now?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Naerasa posted:

Back in my day, you could use a rotary phone to bludgeon someone to death. How the hell am I supposed to kill someone with a telephone now?
Shove it down their throat.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Naerasa posted:

Shove it down their throat

GOD DAMMIT ^^^^ holy poo poo hahahahahaha I didn't know someone had DONE IT! I'm a genius.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

NomChompsky posted:

Nice post/av combo

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Naerasa posted:

Use it to cyberbully them into suicide

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Elsa posted:

I was going to say the 30 yr old's demographic includes teens but then decided you probably meant the child molester womens

Well I'll permit you to continue arguing and say that a 30 year old's demographic does not include teenagers.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

blarzgh posted:

Well I'll permit you to continue arguing and say that a 30 year old's demographic does not include teenagers.

18-80, blind crippled or crazy

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
If you're at the same stage of life and maturity at age 30 as you were at 19, its not because you were a 'very mature' 19 year old.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Luckily none of that matters for anonymous sex!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Incoherence posted:

The issue is that teenagers are in the Dunning-Kruger bracket of emotional maturity: you're a weird hormonal mess but you think you're a well-adjusted adult. This fixes itself for most people somewhere around mid-20s.

If you don't get used and abused by those older and wiser than you, how will you ever learn that you're an ignorant poo poo? 30-something-year-old teenage-pussyhounds are doing these kids a favor.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 21:57 on May 3, 2017

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Incoherence posted:

heh maybe for normies but i'm a special snowflake who CHOSE to sleep with all his hot lady bosses in his after-drama-club job. i certainly didn't get "repeatedly abused by authority figures" "in exchange for perceived physical intimacy!"

I'M STRONG. STRONG AND NORMAL. THE OTHERS ARE WEAK AND WILL SEE ME MADE WEAK IF THEY WIN. they must be hosed.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

If an 18-20 year old women is wanting to gently caress a 30-35 year old guy, they're gonna gently caress that old dude. They're gonna gently caress him and you can't stop them. Try. I've seen this play out. Try and stop them! You can't. It's destiny.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

ArbitraryC posted:

I saw a very small portion and couldn't stomach it. There's absolutely no way they're in on it.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

ArbitraryC posted:

*extremely devil's advocate voice*
Let's pretend the kids are "in on it." let's assume that, much like professional wrestling, the circumstances are faked but the physical damage, which we can see in the videos, is real.

How healthy to professional wrestlers usually turn out?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

NomChompsky posted:

If an 18-20 year old women is wanting to gently caress a 30-35 year old guy, they're gonna gently caress that old dude. They're gonna gently caress him and you can't stop them. Try. I've seen this play out. Try and stop them! You can't. It's destiny.

Nobody's trying to stop them. Its the creepy older dude who's demanding to have his choices clothed with normalcy and acceptance, and he's not entitled to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

*extremely devil's advocate voice*
Let's pretend the kids are "in on it." let's assume that, much like professional wrestling, the circumstances are faked but the physical damage, which we can see in the videos, is real.

How healthy to professional wrestlers usually turn out?

The world will be better when the kid snaps and murders his parents