Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

anonumos posted:

Corn.

What a ridiculous derail.

Worship Khorne. Blood for the, ect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dystram
May 30, 2013

by Ralp

fool_of_sound posted:

Worship Khorne. Blood for the, ect.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Wish this thread would keep its freaks on leashes better.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

haveblue posted:

Wish this thread would keep its freaks on leashes better.

Why are all these dogs getting antsy when I read this aloud?

(I kid I kid, but you KNOW several of the AM hosts for instance would say this)

Dystram
May 30, 2013

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbRGg3e1b68

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
DPRK Films Present:

'Goon Project: The MaggotMaster Story'

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Monkey Fracas posted:

It would go a long way towards fostering respect for the Catholic church if they would make a deliberate effort to differentiate themselves from the shittier parts of Protestantism.

Prosperity gospel is protestant? I always thought it was concocted L. Ron Hubbard style by some rear end in a top hat that wanted a righteous con.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Azuth0667 posted:

Prosperity gospel is protestant? I always thought it was concocted L. Ron Hubbard style by some rear end in a top hat that wanted a righteous con.

To Catholics any Christianity that isn't Catholicism is Protestant.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Didn't the Louisiana Catholic Church splinter off from the mainstream to preach their Prosperity Gospel malarkey or something?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
President Obama just signed a bill to deny social security benefits.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

....to literal Nazis.

Dystram
May 30, 2013

by Ralp

Joementum posted:

Details?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Damnit Obama!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Dystram posted:

Details?

It was the No Social Security for Nazis Act of 2014. The State Department estimates it will affect four people.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
One day I'll be stripped of social security benefits because I'm way left of American centre ahahahah who am I kidding, if they don't lift the cap on millionaires it'll be gone by the time I'm 65

Dystram
May 30, 2013

by Ralp

Joementum posted:

It was the No Social Security for Nazis Act of 2014. The State Department estimates it will affect four people.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Ah, can't wait to see what idiot reports you for memes, dystram.

Dystram
May 30, 2013

by Ralp

forbidden lesbian posted:

Ah, can't wait to see what idiot reports you for memes, dystram.

:banme:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Azuth0667 posted:

Pentecostal theologians came up with it in the late 19th century but it wasn't mainstream until Oral Roberts (of Oral Roberts University fame) claimed that any donations sent to him God would return sevenfold, complete with money back guarantee sometime in the 1950s.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

This executive action train is not going to stop.

quote:

Attorney General Holder announced today that the Department of Justice will take the position in litigation that the protection of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 extends to claims of discrimination based on an individual’s gender identity, including transgender status. Attorney General Holder informed all Department of Justice component heads and United States Attorneys in a memo that the department will no longer assert that Title VII’s prohibition against discrimination based on sex excludes discrimination based on gender identity per se, including transgender discrimination, reversing a previous Department of Justice position. Title VII makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in the employment of an individual “because of such individual’s…sex,” among other protected characteristics.

“This important shift will ensure that the protections of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 are extended to those who suffer discrimination based on gender identity, including transgender status,” said Attorney General Holder. “This will help to foster fair and consistent treatment for all claimants. And it reaffirms the Justice Department’s commitment to protecting the civil rights of all Americans.”

The Attorney General’s memo is designed to foster consistent treatment of claimants throughout the government and reduce confusion. In addition to applying to the department’s civil obligations in defending federal interests, this memo clarifies the Civil Rights Division’s ability to file Title VII claims against state and local public employers on behalf of transgender individuals. The Department of Justice does not have authority to file suit against private employers.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Pentecostal theologians came up with it in the late 19th century but it wasn't mainstream until Oral Roberts (of Oral Roberts University fame) claimed that any donations sent to him God would return sevenfold, complete with money back guarantee sometime in the 1950s.

I've considered becoming a televangelist from time to time. I've got all the standard requirements down, except the willingness to fleece innocent people. Though the thought still comes to me occasionally; "Why not me? If bastards like Pat Robertson will get it anyway, why not me?"

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Pinterest Mom posted:

Next: Obama Announces everyone in prison for crack gets a federal pardon

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Obama actually did parson a dozen or so meth and crack dealers yesterday.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Pinterest Mom posted:

Ahaha, now come out and say that discrimination against gays and lesbians is also sex-based and therefore nobody can refuse to hire you/fire you because you're gay. We'll call it the ENDAround.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Deval Patrick was on WGBH this afternoon and got a call from a former Somerville resident who claims to have paid all his parking tickets.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Joementum posted:

Obama actually did parson a dozen or so meth and crack dealers yesterday.

8 to be specific. There are ~100,000 similar low level drug offenders that will remain behind bars

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Joementum posted:

Known in this thread as the "No SS for SS Act"

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
We probably spent more money drawing the actuarial table for the no nazi social security act than we saved by actually passing the law.

Also, that's pretty much the definition of Bill of Attainder, isn't it? Congress can't actually remove that right, only a court ruling could.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think the point is the principle of not paying Actual Nazis government benefits.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Joementum posted:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-bill/5739

I looked it up. It's real, and really called that.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I wonder how many members of the legislature feel legitimate shame for wasting time like that and how many are like "heh this'll score big points with Those Rubes (AKA The Electorate)"

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
gotta show them nazi's we mean business

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

pathetic little tramp posted:

Also, that's pretty much the definition of Bill of Attainder, isn't it? Congress can't actually remove that right, only a court ruling could.

The Nazis are a special case. There was already a law ordering them to all be deported from the US and stripping them of all benefits, but the State Department didn't want to go through the legal process of deportation because then they would have to admit that we let a whole bunch of Nazis into the US in the first place, so they bribed them by offering them SS benefits if they left willingly.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
it's the stupidest thing in the world cause not only does it not really effect anyone, it's pretty bad precedent to deny social security benefits to people deemed undesirable

and of course people were too scared of being seen as supporting nazis to vote against it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Monkey Fracas posted:

I wonder how many members of the legislature feel legitimate shame for wasting time like that and how many are like "heh this'll score big points with Those Rubes (AKA The Electorate)"

All they do is waste time. They have memorial, congratulatory, and other such bullshit measures passed every day. They jack around all the time, go into session an hour late, and then let Louie Gohmert speak for an hour every Friday.

It's more than dithering, the more time you waste the closer you get to deadlines and the closer you are to deadlines the easier it is to kill bills or to have leverage to change them.

"Oooh congress is wasting time" is a your-grandma tier level of political criticism.

Man if they hadn't wasted all that 45 minutes of passing this bill through committee and floor votes think of all the amazing legislation they'd have been able to pass such as ?????? and ?????????

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

it's the stupidest thing in the world cause not only does it not really effect anyone, it's pretty bad precedent to deny social security benefits to people deemed undesirable

and of course people were too scared of being seen as supporting nazis to vote against it.

I think its acceptable to label literal nazis as undesirables in America. This isn't the cold war, you know.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Joementum posted:

It's amazing you're still getting bites on this one.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

First they came for the Nazis and I did not speak out....

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I'm pretty sure the SS bill passed unanimously as well.

All these years on and we can still agree, 'gently caress Nazis'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

uncurable mlady posted:

I'm pretty sure the SS bill passed unanimously as well.

All these years on and we can still agree, 'gently caress Nazis'.

Pray the day never comes when we are no longer united on this issue.

• Locked thread