Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Libluini posted:

Just read that the big new Klimapaket is already dead. The CSU hat sich in die Bresche geworfen, um die Ratifizierung im Bundestag zu stoppen.

Apparently the planet isn't dying fast enough for their taste

Hmmm, maybe this is good for the climate. Apparently it would have made commuting by car more attractive for lots of people :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Rolling coal is going to become a thing in Germany if it isn't already.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
I'm just shaking my head at the CDU/CSU trying to one-up the Greens, only to turn around and shooting themselves with a sawed-off shotgun at the penultimate minute

This is just sad

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Soviel zu Söder, dem Grünen-Killer. Dabei hat er doch alles dafür getan, um so zu tun, als hätte er Interesse an der Umwelt.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The SPD will look at this situation, thoughtfully stroke its chin, and conclude that the best reaction to this will be going harder on the Fremdenfeindlichkeit.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer fordert Klimakonzept von den Grünen

:nallears:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

To be fair, as their own concept is failing right now, they literally need a new one now :v:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

GABA ghoul posted:

Apparently it would have made commuting by car more attractive for lots of people :thunk:
Weird that the CSU is against it then. :thunk:

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

It’s Zürcher, not Züricher, just saying

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Eat the zu rich

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

aphid_licker posted:

Rolling coal is going to become a thing in Germany if it isn't already.

https://twitter.com/KamNoNym/status/1179349515570221056?s=19

In b4 Randler's "das ist Brandenburg, nicht Deutschland :colbert:"

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Can't wait for the tipping point cascade to ignite the atmosphere and incinerate this entire stupid Bevölkerung

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Eagerly awaiting the Venusification of Earth at this point.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Vote supervolcano/asteroid strike. We have it coming.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
So, what are y'all Bavarians doing tomorrow to celebrate Franz Joseph Strauss' death?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Randler posted:

So, what are y'all Bavarians doing tomorrow to celebrate Franz Joseph Strauss' death?

I thought about visiting his grave to piss on, but that's a good distance from where I live, so just sitting at home doing nothing will have to suffice.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

suck my woke dick posted:

Vote supervolcano/asteroid strike. We have it coming.

Would you be interested in learning more about Posadism, dolphins and asexual reproduction?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Whoever runs the Linke in der SPD Twitter account apparently are a goon and post in the climate thread?

https://twitter.com/LinkeSPD/status/1179466919029686273

Lawson
Apr 21, 2006

You're right, I agree.
Total Clam

aphid_licker posted:

Whoever runs the Linke in der SPD Twitter account apparently are a goon and post in the climate thread?

lol that's gold

Lawson
Apr 21, 2006

You're right, I agree.
Total Clam
bitte schön, 200 Jahre wären ja schon was

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
"Linke in der SPD"
:thunk:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Randler posted:

"Linke in der SPD"
:thunk:

Offensichtlich die andere Sorte von Linken :v:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

aphid_licker posted:

Lol

I'm pretty sure that toxic garbage thread has killed at least one person already. Nice to see that the SPD continues its proud tradition of loving with vulnerable people

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Derweil bei der Leichtathletik-WM: https://www.zeit.de/sport/2019-10/leichtathletik-wm-christina-schwanitz-kugelstossen-travis-tygart-nike-rueckschau

quote:

Was machten die Deutschen?

Sie beanstandeten und reichten Regressforderungen beim Reiseunternehmen ein. Die Kugelstoßerin Christina Schwanitz aus Dresden beschwerte sich über die Bierpreise in Katar von fast 14 Euro. "Die haben doch eine Meise und einführen darf man auch nichts", klagte die Sächsin. Es sei das erste Mal in ihrer Karriere, dass sie einen Wettkampf ohne Alkohol bestreite. "Das ist fürchterlich." Dennoch, mit abstinenten 18,52 Meter im ersten Versuch qualifizierte sich Schwanitz für das Finale am Donnerstag.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Ich finde ja gut, wie sie konsequent genug war, letztlich nicht einfach das Bier zu bezahlen und stattdessen lieber ihre Karriere riskiert, in dem sie erstmalig nüchtern bleibt.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
The Bundeswehr is so bad at Marketing, holy god.
I mean, yes, Germans are naturally bad at television, but jeesh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUYB9Fw3cKs

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

I'm impressed they managed to drop in a transphobic joke.

E: They could improve the video a lot by cutting it down to roughly 1 minute 30 seconds.

EE: Ep 2 is a little better, and particularly good for nostalgie-watching for me due to them being in the chairforce.

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Oct 3, 2019

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Have a somber DDR Memorial Day everyone, where we take a day off to reflect on what could have been. Mistakes into miracles

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

This is the one day where you can rightfully say ES WAR NICHT ALLES SCHLECHT, der freie Tag zB, der ist sehr gut

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Smirr posted:

Have a somber DDR Memorial Day everyone, where we take a day off to reflect on what could have been. Mistakes into miracles

Nah, the GDR was doomed from the start, when the SPD forcibly assimilated the other parties in order to quell any potential resistance to its dark designs.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
Time to take a minute thinking how today's Eastern Germany came to be.

Here's an article with the argument that growing up in the Mad Max-like shithole of the ex GDR in the 90's broke the brain of a whole generation: https://taz.de/Jugendliche-in-Ostdeutschland/!5536453/

quote:

Neue Regeln. Ich hätte sie gerne gelernt, wenn ich denn welche begriffen hätte. Ist es besser, den Bus zu nehmen, aus dem man nicht mehr rauskommt, wenn Glatzen einsteigen? Oder besser laufen oder Fahrrad, aber dann bist du zu langsam, wenn sie dich mit dem Auto jagen? Auch andere versuchten, die neue Welt zu ordnen: Die Kreisstadt ist rechts, die Dörfer sind links. Aber diese Ordnung zerbröselte sofort wieder, wenn fünfzehn, zwanzig, dreißig Nazis ein Dorffest aufmischten.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

My first gf was an Ossi and this is why I’m thankful for the wall coming down thanks for coming to my ted talk

In other news: check out this amazingly named suntan oil I found

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Free today and Brückentag tomorrow and then two weeks vacation #blessedteacherlife

goethe42
Jun 5, 2004

Ich sei, gewaehrt mir die Bitte, in eurem Bunde der Dritte!

System Metternich posted:

My first gf was an Ossi and this is why I’m thankful for the wall coming down thanks for coming to my ted talk

Was that you/her with the "Mach hinne, isch bin schon gans klääbrisch"?

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

goethe42 posted:

I actually think that was Riso, to the best of my knowledge I never dated anyone from Saxony :v:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

goethe42 posted:

I hadn't thought of this in a long time and I much preferred that state of being, you DICK

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

System Metternich posted:

I actually think that was Riso, to the best of my knowledge I never dated anyone from Saxony :v:

That was one my stories, paired with the pälzische variant "Du, kannscht neilaufe lasse. Mir kummts glei."

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

goethe42 posted:

Einbauschrank posted:

That was one my stories, paired with the pälzische variant "Du, kannscht neilaufe lasse. Mir kummts glei."

:yikes:

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
*Bavarian sex jodeling* (nws...?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

:psyduck: