Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Bust Rodd posted:

75% done Neir: Automata

Is this 100% of all quests, or do you think you are 75% of the way through the story?
the start of route C is like 65% of the way through the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blues Hammer
Nov 6, 2011

We're gonna play some authentic way down in the delta blues!
Seeing a lot of Monster Hunter chat, still trying to get an idea—would it be something I could just screw around with a few hours at a time when I'm bored? Or is it something where you have to go all-in and make your life in order to enjoy?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

nachos posted:

who the hell recommended bloodborne as couch co-op?

One time in the 360 thread someone asked for a recommendation for a game for their mom and someone said Dark Souls completely seriously

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

I agree with you as ever saky

:hfive:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

codenameFANGIO posted:

One time in the 360 thread someone asked for a recommendation for a game for their mom and someone said Dark Souls completely seriously

Dark Souls is Dwarf Fortress of games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

codenameFANGIO posted:

I don't see the problem

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Is there any PVP in Monster Hunter? Can you be a hoonter of hoonters?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Liver Disaster posted:

Imagine if everything in Dark Souls had 3x the animation lock, maybe more.

I hated this so much in the beta that it completely turned me off.

The palicos look cool though

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Blues Hammer posted:

Seeing a lot of Monster Hunter chat, still trying to get an idea—would it be something I could just screw around with a few hours at a time when I'm bored? Or is it something where you have to go all-in and make your life in order to enjoy?

Nah, its roots in the portable consoles still show here. The game is mission based. You can hop in, do a mission or two, and be done. Very easy to mess around in.

Akuma posted:

Is there any PVP in Monster Hunter? Can you be a hoonter of hoonters?

No, sorry. You can still be a dick though and endlessly trip your allies by swinging your weapons at them though.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I will pass on MonHun, it sounds like it’s made up of a bunch of elements I don’t like.

I’m like 2 hours into route c and then Destiny 2 came out on PC and I haven’t touched it since

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Finishing route C is better than playing Destiny 2, honestly.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Dest2ny aint good and it's filled with predatory and manipulative design. Monster hunter is good and it's 100% honest. In fact the new one is the only game I have ever seen with daily login rewards that lets them stack up to 5 days so you don't have to make the game a daily part of your life if you want them

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah but I like D2’s gameplay, it has the best gunplay in an FPS right now, and MonHun is dedicated to animation lock, which is the specific style of action game that feels like bamboo shoots in my fingernails.

I’ll probably finish Neir just so I can see this amazing ending that will hopefully justify this pretty mediocre game with a cool story.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
when is psn coming back I got dragon ball matches to lose

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Finally home, now the hunt beings :cheers:

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I've never played a Monster Hunter game. Is MHW like an online coop version of Dragon's Dogma?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

It's too bad MHW didn't have a beta running for the last few weeks that everyone could have tried >:|

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Crows Turn Off posted:

I've never played a Monster Hunter game. Is MHW like an online coop version of Dragon's Dogma?

Yes but instead of pawns who do and say great/funny things you get a little kitty cat thing that distracts you with its cuteness.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Jimbot posted:

Yes but instead of pawns who do and say great/funny things you get a little kitty cat thing that distracts you with its cuteness.

Feed me fish, Arisen!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

acksplode posted:

It's too bad MHW didn't have a beta running for the last few weeks that everyone could have tried >:|

To be honest I think the beta didn’t really show off the favorable aspects to MH anyway with its really limited mission timer and nonexistence of incrementally improving your dude with crafted gear and drops.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I don’t trust cats in games after Persona 5.

IM NOT TIRED

acksplode
May 17, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

To be honest I think the beta didn’t really show off the favorable aspects to MH anyway with its really limited mission timer and nonexistence of incrementally improving your dude with crafted gear and drops.

It gives you a good idea of how it plays at least, enough that you won't wonder whether it's like Dragon's Dogma. I enjoyed hunting and combat enough that I'll probably buy. I understood that the timer and lack of character progression were just because it was a demo. But I also came away thinking that the combat reminded me a little bit of Dark Souls, so what the hell do I know.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Whoa there buddy don't compare MHW to any other action game with slow deliberate combat !

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Norns posted:

Whoa there buddy don't compare MHW to any other action game with slow deliberate combat !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

You're not wrong but there's still a weird-rear end number of people asking what monster hunter is when there were 3 goddamn demos in the past month and a half, the most recent 2 of which did not even require PS+

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

It's weird because Monster Hunter has been around for fourteen years and popular across multiple platforms.
The Gamer emerges from under their rock, doritos crusted around their face, lost and confused. "I don't know, that looks pretty anime." they mutter to themselves, getting their bearings.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
My cat died quite recently so it kinda sucks having to make a cat buddy in MH but I was messing around and made this little guy and it seems appropriate to name him Trico :toot:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

haveblue posted:

Finishing route C is better than playing Destiny 2, honestly.

Most things are better than playing Destiny 2

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014
Between Persona 5 and Yakuza 0, I don’t know how I manage to even have a professional or social life. They’re so addictive.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

virinvictus posted:

Between Persona 5 and Yakuza 0, I don’t know how I manage to even have a professional or social life. They’re so addictive.

I luckily(?) got a really bad cold when Persona 5 came out so I played a ton without having to worry about a social life lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

fruit on the bottom posted:

I don’t trust cats in games after Persona 5.

IM NOT TIRED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgTbx9yXs5o

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Pablo Gigante posted:

I luckily(?) got a really bad cold when Persona 5 came out so I played a ton without having to worry about a social life lol

getting sick owns and is often very convenient and lucky

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/956983038121934849

I spent like $20 on this back before they went F2P just to try it so hey I guess they just paid for my next flash sale game. Thanks Epic!

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Policenaut posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/956983038121934849

I spent like $20 on this back before they went F2P just to try it so hey I guess they just paid for my next flash sale game. Thanks Epic!

Fortnite owns so whatever.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I'm pretty close to the end game of Iconoclasts and trying to find all the remaining chests. In Isulugar Depths, at the very first underwater area, close to the SW save point, there's supposed to be an item according to the map. But I can't anything resembling a chest or item. There's another chest in the same area and another in the area to the west, but I can't find this one. Any suggestions? Google is useless since no one apparently bought this.

It's really good, though.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 27, 2018

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Thanks for the feedback on Unity and Syndicate earlier, guys. I think at this point it comes down purely to whatever goes on sale first now. :shobon:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I really liked Syndicate. I had been starting to burn out on AC games but it really got my interest back.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Inspector Hound posted:

[...]

Thank you.

I just want to say, this isn't getting the attention it deserves.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Fortnite owns so whatever.

I guess you're right about that. From the refund form:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Policenaut posted:

I guess you're right about that. From the refund form:

The gamer version of "my nigga have you tried lsd???"