Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
It also makes Kamala's earlier eye-rolling and declarations that she's "concern trolling" somewhat bittersweet. It paints it as someone (albeit clumsily) trying to learn a new culture, as opposed to the sort of accidental othering through forced tolerance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

WAR FOOT posted:

It also makes Kamala's earlier eye-rolling and declarations that she's "concern trolling" somewhat bittersweet. It paints it as someone (albeit clumsily) trying to learn a new culture, as opposed to the sort of accidental othering through forced tolerance.
I'm pretty certain you mean Nakia's declaration -- all the more ironic here considering she seemed proven right at the time. On the other hand, I wonder if Zoe's near-drowning, aka Kamala's first superhero appearance in the very next issue was actually the beginning of her change, which stayed mostly off-page because of Kamala avoiding her until Secret Wars?

On the topic of Ms. Marvel's Civil War II, anyone else really liking the historical prologues?

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Yeah, the prologues are the bright shining star of the last couple issues.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Chortles posted:

I'm pretty certain you mean Nakia's declaration -- all the more ironic here considering she seemed proven right at the time. On the other hand, I wonder if Zoe's near-drowning, aka Kamala's first superhero appearance in the very next issue was actually the beginning of her change, which stayed mostly off-page because of Kamala avoiding her until Secret Wars?

On the topic of Ms. Marvel's Civil War II, anyone else really liking the historical prologues?

I reread it and it was Bruno. We're both wrong!

Though pretty much the first thing Zoe says is to compliment Nakia on how pretty her headscarf is. This is going to be amazing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

WAR FOOT posted:

It can be both things.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Mr. Maltose posted:

See, when we post about Superman crying while beating Bizarro to death everyone agrees it was a dumb idea. But this is a position with backbone!

Certain things require supreme commitment, relationships, comedy bits, insane asylums and the truth.

I am committed to one of these above all.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I just read through all of Squirrel Girl in like two weeks.

It's good!

I don't mind the art!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aaron Kuder now has an exclusive deal with Marvel.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/aaron-kuder-signs-exclusive-agreement-with-marvel

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Try his Action Comics to get excited about that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I think he kind of hinted at that recently. He's also had a few variants drop at Marvel and they've been pretty great.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
He did that Avengers 75th issue that had Mr T Strange and stuff? That was really cool, so this is good news.

trashbuilder
Dec 26, 2013

Look at all the poor opinions I have
Everyone read the new Moon Knight? I was pleasantly surprised to get 3 pages of Stokoe art referencing moon knight of the moon.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

trashbuilder posted:

3 pages of Stokoe art

Welp. That didn't stay dropped long.

trashbuilder
Dec 26, 2013

Look at all the poor opinions I have
They set up a new storyline in this issue that seems v interesting, I was also thinking of dropping it but this issue locked me back in

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So like is Carol on the new Illuminati? It sure looked like she was visiting their clubhouse in CW2 #4. And I thought it had a no girls allowed sign on the door.

At this point I'm going to Arzy and say they're totally going to make Loki the next President.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Thinking about getting a Marvel Unlimited sub and was wondering about some good older stuff to read. Preferably stuff more on the lighter side of the spectrum, but I'm open.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Medusa temporarily replaced Black Bolt in the Illuminati during that god awful Hood with the Infinity Gems story.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Waffleman_ posted:

Thinking about getting a Marvel Unlimited sub and was wondering about some good older stuff to read. Preferably stuff more on the lighter side of the spectrum, but I'm open.

everything silver age until the mid 70's is pretty lightheated.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Waffleman_ posted:

If you stick to the 1970s or so, things are often weird as hell but relatively light-hearted for all that. It's not until the '80s that you start getting more grim stories on the regular.

For more recent stuff, you might enjoy the various Power Pack miniseries.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Die Laughing posted:

Medusa temporarily replaced Black Bolt in the Illuminati during that god awful Hood with the Infinity Gems story.

I liked how the Hood had no idea how to use them. He just held them in his hands and punched Rulk with them.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lol marvel.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SynthOrange posted:

Lol marvel.

HEY! Give credit jerk!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Credit goes to all those who died on 9/11

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

RIP Paul Walker

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Rich Johnston tweeted the page link from CBR at me as some sort of "See, nobody is complaining" response.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

SynthOrange posted:

Lol marvel.

What the gently caress is that poo poo???? :psypop:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The ruins of the WTCStark Tower.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I can see why you'd want to draw a contrast. Much like 9/11, CW2 is something we can only pray will never be repeated, but probably will thanks to economic pressures.

(I know that the CW aspect features little in the comic.)

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Aug 5, 2016

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

I can honestly say that I read that and didn't think of 9/11.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Stranger Things' Shannon Purser wants to play Squirrel Girl.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

I am totally down with that.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Too bad so does Anna Kendrick and she's a bigger star :S

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

PaybackJack posted:

Too bad so does Anna Kendrick and she's a bigger star :S

The obvious solution is for the one to play Doreen and the other to play Squirrel Girl.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Wanderer posted:

The obvious solution is for the one to play Doreen and the other to play Squirrel Girl.

I'm not sure the target audience for a SG movie would appreciate Doreen losing 50 pounds and getting prettier when she transforms into SG.

\/\/\/ Isn't it? As soon as she was on screen I was like whoa hey that's Doreen Green.

JoshTheStampede fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Aug 5, 2016

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Well that's loving spot-on.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I'd kind of feel sorry for Anna Kendrick if she gets the role and doesn't put on a bunch of weight. She's going to get so much hate, it's going to take thin shaming to a whole new level.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

PaybackJack posted:

I'd kind of feel sorry for Anna Kendrick if she gets the role and doesn't put on a bunch of weight. She's going to get so much hate, it's going to take thin shaming to a whole new level.

Shannon for Doreen, Anna can voice Tippy-Toe.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 5, 2016

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

redbackground posted:

Shannon for for Doreen, Anna can voice Tippy-Toe.

Wow this is actually perfect.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We'll see how many are still interested if they announce her for TV instead of film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

We'll see how many are still interested if they announce her for TV instead of film.
I would be all in for a Netflix SG show, and would actually prefer it.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 5, 2016

• Locked thread