Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

As long as it isnt anything like the mobile one it'll hopefully be at least decent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Why is there co-op?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

surprise it's poo poo

It's rather amazing that that looks far shittier than RCT3, a game that came out more than a decade ago.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Steam page posted:

- First-Time 3D Builder: For the first time, tracks can be fully manipulated in 3D.
- Deformable Terrain: Bringing back a classic feature – the terrain will be completely deformable allowing players to build amazing rides and change the landscape as they do so in full 3D.

:dance: No deformable terrain was the most disappointing part of 3; I just want to build the crazy, underground, Disaster Transport inspired rides young me wished existed.

Znae
Aug 13, 2009

Eviscerating that man on the operating table isn't that big a deal, just go back to medical school real quick and give it another shot.

The White Dragon posted:

Can someone explain to me how to move in Sword & Sorcery? I can move the camera, and I recall moving a mouse cursor? But I sure as poo poo couldn't move my dude, and I couldn't rebind keys or anything. A dud, but at least I got it in a Humble Bundle.

Double click to move, as I recall. Also, follow a walkthrough because wondering around while trying to figure out what to do is infuriatingly slow.

Sword & Sworcery was a definitely a low point in my magical quest to beat everything in my backlog, and it wasn't even that long. The music and atmosphere are good just the gameplay was slow and annoying.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Testekill posted:

Why is there co-op?

The gently caress knows.

Accordion Man posted:

It's rather amazing that that looks far shittier than RCT3, a game that came out more than a decade ago.

On the one hand I kinda like the Sim ThemePark look, but yeah parts of it look really awful.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
Broadcasting for at least a half hour while I play some Trials Fusion, no commentary. Can't really chat either, playing in big picture mode.

edit: there used to be a stream link here

I don't suck, but I'm not a ninja pro rider either, just gonna play whatever feels good and will probably end up banging my head against an expert track for a bit because they're hard and it's satisfying to make it to the next checkpoint in a cool-looking way.

Head on over to the trials fusion thread for tips and tricks (and magimix)

poetry

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 6, 2015

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Sim Theme Park was good poo poo. Why isn't that on GOG? The rest of the Bullfrog games are.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Accordion Man posted:

Sim Theme Park was good poo poo. Why isn't that on GOG? The rest of the Bullfrog games are.

I don't know, I've been wondering that too. Probably some insane legal nonsense.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Thingyman posted:

:dance: No deformable terrain was the most disappointing part of 3; I just want to build the crazy, underground, Disaster Transport inspired rides young me wished existed.

I thought you could definitely change the terrain in 3 though.

It's too bad that they took out deaths tho. I get why they did cause killing kids isn't funny but it was all kinds of fun building death coasters in RCT1 and 2 and seeing poo poo explode and your park rating just tank.

Of course, they replaced that with a great bowling sim where the pins are people and the bowling ball is the rollercoaster coming at you super high speed

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I thought you could definitely change the terrain in 3 though.

You're right...who the hell wrote that feature list. I remembered being disappointed that I couldn't build enclosed rides, but I guess the issue was that rollercoaster tracks couldn't be built underground, but I'm seeing that was added in one of the expansion packs, so I think it might be time to install the complete set I bought in a GoG sale a while ago!

3D tracks ala Sim Theme Park should be cool though, if they're implemented well. I always loved the freedom Sim Theme Park's roller coaster's had but hated how they weren't as grounded as RCT.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 is actually a really good game in retrospect. The only real knock against it is that the scenarios don't have failure conditions anymore, but I kinda like how low-pressure it was because of that.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

WickedHate posted:

Also, a friend convinced me to get the Alienware one because they assured me their stuff is top notch. It kind of looks cool, too. I like the red and black colors, and the little alien symbol.

:laffo:
You guys posting are getting me psyched to build my first PC. Just another week or two before I start shopping for parts. Can't wait to have a better rig than this soccer mom.

Orv
May 4, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 is actually a really good game in retrospect. The only real knock against it is that the scenarios don't have failure conditions anymore, but I kinda like how low-pressure it was because of that.

I don't vehemently object to it like I used to but I still really don't like how parks look and fit together in it. Not necessarily the art style itself, it just all looks kinda ugly after how you could make parks in 1/2 look.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

abraham linksys posted:

Yeah, I only had Vanilla 3 as a kid and I liked 2 more. But after getting the full version off of GOG years later the expansion packs really added a lot to the game, especially actually adding unique rides. 1 and 2's expansions packs were just overglorified palette swaps in comparison. It's a really nice sandbox game.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

Please, if you're not even going to immerse the entire thing in mineral oil then what's the point.

Lmao what the christ

Orv
May 4, 2011

RBX posted:

Lmao what the christ

This is not an isolated phenomenon sadly.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

RBX posted:

Lmao what the christ

The previously linked PC building thread has some real gold when it comes to, uh, unique PC builds. Here is a small selection:

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Accordion Man posted:

It is?

VVVVVV edit: I didn't realize it had a sequel.

Magnus Praeda fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Mar 6, 2015

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
That's the original. Sim Theme Park was its sequel.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Fun Times! posted:

:laffo:
You guys posting are getting me psyched to build my first PC. Just another week or two before I start shopping for parts. Can't wait to have a better rig than this soccer mom.

Do it to it, brah. It'll be scary, but it's also fun the way learning the basics of a vocational skill is fun. I hope you enjoy the experience, and I hope you enjoy your new rig. PROTIP, go for the full-size tower case. Mid-sizes won't fit every hardware configuration comfortably, and full-sizers tend to have more solid build quality and are (obviously) just roomier in general.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Mar 6, 2015

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

CJacobs posted:

The previously linked PC building thread has some real gold when it comes to, uh, unique PC builds. Here is a small selection:

I've always actually liked the idea of a wall mounted build, rather then keeping it contained in a case. While it'd get dustier, it'd also presumably be easier to clean, wouldn't it?

What's the big issue with it?

And yeah, build PC's people. I built my first PC after my 360 died the week or so after the launch. Knew nothing of parts, bought the cheapest stuff I could find, and threw together something for $600ish. That thing lasted me until the Witcher 2 came out, though it was really having problems with some of the newer stuff along the way ( DoW2 mainly. ). I remember being terrified throughout the entire build, and kept checking my cellphone to see the next step in some dudes Youtube videos.

Second build was 2 years ago, and I bought low, built the entire thing for $850-$950, and it's lasted me up till now, and will probably last me until the end of the year with no upgrades. Once I hit the end of the year, I'll probably put $150-$200 into it to work up some parts. On this second build it was SUPER easy, and was pretty much putting legos into place. Pretty much anybody can build a modern computer if they are willing to do a bit of pre youtube work.

Honestly what am I missing with these Steam Machines? I won't buy one because I feel confident in a build, but none of them look terrible. The $900-$1200ish ones look about right for what you could get for $1000-$1300, so if you assume a $100-$200 cut for the company, they end up being pretty good deals. If they can't be upgraded they'll probably only last 2-3 years, which is a bit of a downer since a proper build should be futureproofed/can be constantly upgraded, but what can you do.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Mar 6, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Strictly speaking nothing, the wall-mounted one is potentially kinda cool if you don't mind the noise. Unique doesn't mean ALL bad. Of course, I wouldn't want one because I'm too neurotic about something coming loose, falling off, and smashing on the floor.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The ASUS steam machine doesn't seem to be that terrible of a ripoff. An i5 processor and a gtx 960 are about $200 each. $30 for the RAM, $50 for the wireless adapter, $50 for the hard drive, lets be generous and say $50 for the Mobo, at this point I can't be bothered to add up the wattage but lets say another $50 for the PSU, throw in the fact that they all come with a free steam controller and it seems like a fair price for what you're getting.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It will also look a lot better and be smaller and lighter than whatever you can make yourself

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I pray that the new RCT game is good

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

frank.club posted:

I'd love it to be, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The ASUS steam machine doesn't seem to be that terrible of a ripoff. An i5 processor and a gtx 960 are about $200 each. $30 for the RAM, $50 for the wireless adapter, $50 for the hard drive, lets be generous and say $50 for the Mobo, at this point I can't be bothered to add up the wattage but lets say another $50 for the PSU, throw in the fact that they all come with a free steam controller and it seems like a fair price for what you're getting.

:e ASUS is not AMD, duh.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Mar 6, 2015

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

frank.club posted:

I sank so much time into 2. I want this new game to be good so bad but I know hoping for that is a fool's errand. :smith:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The original waifu of the american gamer

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wasn't the left nipple a power button, and the right a reset or something creepy like that?

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!

i'm the broken finger on the floor

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Smoremaster posted:

i'm the broken finger on the floor

Oh my God you just made that image five times worse.

MisterFuzzles
Dec 5, 2009

We can't go back no more, but I suppose we can go wherever we please.
Been looking at DB Xenoverse. What's the best program to use to get a Dualshock 3 controller working for my PC?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

That new RCT game has shown me that RCT1 and 2 are on Steam now so I don't need to care about my discs anymore! I had 3 bought I couldn't get in to it. The mechanics felt too alien to me or something after how much of the originals I played.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

MisterFuzzles posted:

Been looking at DB Xenoverse. What's the best program to use to get a Dualshock 3 controller working for my PC?

Scarlet Crush.

Orv
May 4, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

That new RCT game has shown me that RCT1 and 2 are on Steam now so I don't need to care about my discs anymore! I had 3 bought I couldn't get in to it. The mechanics felt too alien to me or something after how much of the originals I played.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Get them on GOG, the Steam versions are a mess and do all kinds of freaky poo poo.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Orv posted:

Get them on GOG, the Steam versions are a mess and do all kinds of freaky poo poo.

OOOOooohhhh, yeah, baby, like what? Nasty stuff, yeah? Mmmmm. Freaky-deaky stuff, you know it.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Orv posted:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

This but for every old game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

frank.club posted:

If it's crap we at least have this to fall back on

http://themeparkitect.com/

• Locked thread