Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

codenameFANGIO posted:

It’s beautiful

It’s upside-down like most, if not all of the limited editions. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

irlZaphod posted:

That is so hideous

Just like the American SNES (just kidding, I actually love the American SNES)

Do n3DS XL systems still come with IPS screens randomly? Or did that whole thing stop a year ago or something?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

codenameFANGIO posted:

It’s beautiful
It's very sad, the brainwashing of American children :(

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Fuzz posted:

Guy that wanted a lovely old 2DS, why too that route when you can get this hotness?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076KRDRQG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_iBC7zbR9MNZQW

I’m in the U.K. friend, and I’m wondering what possessed NoA to go with the SNES colours they chose.

Unfortunately as the subject has come up, over here our idea of Black Friday is to take a fiver off a £300 tv no one wants.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Ludicro posted:

I’m in the U.K. friend, and I’m wondering what possessed NoA to go with the SNES colours they chose.

They actually answered this in the SNES book that just came out, and it's very interesting!

Simply put, they wanted the colors to match the Game Boy. I never really thought about it, but yeah, it's grey and has purple in the text and the line on the top of the screen. They wanted a "uniform color scheme".

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

irlZaphod posted:

That is so hideous

It's the American SNES, so yes.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

They actually answered this in the SNES book that just came out, and it's very interesting!

Simply put, they wanted the colors to match the Game Boy. I never really thought about it, but yeah, it's grey and has purple in the text and the line on the top of the screen. They wanted a "uniform color scheme".

Then they should've made it match with the best Game Boy; the transparent version :colbert:.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Then they should've made it match with the best Game Boy; the transparent version :colbert:.

Pretty sure that wasn't a thing in 1991

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Purple is the color of the greatest gaming devices. SNES. GameCube. Game Boy Advance. The Casio Loopy

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Zat posted:

Pretty sure that wasn't a thing in 1991

You're right, that was a gameboy color, debuting in 1998.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Spellman posted:

Purple is the color of the greatest gaming devices. SNES. GameCube. Game Boy Advance. The Casio Loopy

Spice Orange GCs and GBAs are much cooler than their purple variants. When Nintendo sent me a GC promo CD in the mail with game and system trailers, it advertised orange being available at launch and then I never saw anything except indigo, black, and silver system.

Edit: there's a clear Play it Loud og Game Boy from earlier than 1998. My sister had one and mine's the grey one that came packed with Link's Awakening.

Edit 2: March 1995

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Oct 23, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

If it wasn’t for homebrew, I’d buy that hideous XL.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Bloodplay it again posted:

Spice Orange GCs and GBAs are much cooler than their purple variants.

Where all the spicy orange joycon at

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

SeANMcBAY posted:

If it wasn’t for homebrew, I’d buy that hideous XL.

I was just informed that you can hack any 3DS, no matter what the firmware.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
That 3DS is a thing of beauty, and If I didn't already own a New 3DS XL, I'd get it. You shut your dumb whore mouths. <:reject:>

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

My FE: Fates special edition one is way better looking than the lovely SNES one :smuggo:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Spellman posted:

Where all the spicy orange joycon at

Sony is using all the orange supply this year to make this beauty:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
That is the ugliest controller I've ever seen from a first-party and I must have it

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Finally got around to finishing the Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga remake. It's Superstar Saga, so it's a really good game. On the other hand, it's pretty much the same game as the original with not many changes. (No boss rematch arenas that were in the later M&L games or anything like that.) There's some nice quality of life stuff (most of the tutorials are skippable, and all the combat related ones got shunted to an in-game guide you can read on your own time) but if you already played Superstar Saga before, I really wouldn't consider this an urgent purchase unless you really feel like playing Superstar Saga again. But if you haven't? By all means, get it.

Oh and another big change they made? You always move first in the final boss fight, no matter what.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Finally got around to finishing the Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga remake. It's Superstar Saga, so it's a really good game. On the other hand, it's pretty much the same game as the original with not many changes. (No boss rematch arenas that were in the later M&L games or anything like that.) There's some nice quality of life stuff (most of the tutorials are skippable, and all the combat related ones got shunted to an in-game guide you can read on your own time) but if you already played Superstar Saga before, I really wouldn't consider this an urgent purchase unless you really feel like playing Superstar Saga again. But if you haven't? By all means, get it.

Oh and another big change they made? You always move first in the final boss fight, no matter what.

How's Bowser's Minions?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Zeeman posted:

How's Bowser's Minions?

Not really that exciting. You basically just watch things happen with small bouts of interactivity. And then it gets really grindy by the end because you need to be leveling up a lot of minions to not lose battles at that point. Bowser's Minions is really not a reason to purchase the remake, as the mode itself is pretty lackluster. The cutscenes were interesting, though. But that's the only really positive thing I have to say about it. Thankfully you can ignore that game mode entirely if you wish, as the only impact it would have on the Superstar Saga portion is unlocking new music and gives you items... if you have the right amiibo in the latter case.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Oct 23, 2017

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
The SNES 3DS looks so awesome and I ordered one even though I stopped playing my red N3DSXL once I got a Switch. Not sure if I should return it, sell the red one, or hold onto this for a bit to sell.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Dr Cheeto posted:

That is the ugliest controller I've ever seen from a first-party and I must have it

It's not as ugly as the translucent lime green N64 controller, which also had the added ugliness of, you know, being an N64 controller.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Pretty sure everyone is gonna love that bud, and also demand that future consumer electronics also support translucent green

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ometeotl posted:

Sony is using all the orange supply this year to make this beauty:

Well, at least it would be easy to find.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

*shakes fist angrily in the air*

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Fuzz posted:

It's not as ugly as the translucent lime green N64 controller, which also had the added ugliness of, you know, being an N64 controller.

yeah you're nuts this loving rocks

reminds me of those pencil cases and notebooks that came with slime in clear pouches plastered on the front for a cool kids only effect

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

booooooooo

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Dr Cheeto posted:

gently caress you

Detective No. 27 posted:

Well, at least it would be easy to find.

You too

Fuzz posted:

And you especially. That was the controller that came with my N64 and it ruled.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

What we wish we owned

What we actually had

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

3rd party controllers suck but 3rd party N64 controllers were really the bottom of the barrel. I started bringing my own around for Goldeneye/MK64 parties just so I wouldn’t have to worry about getting stuck with one.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Spellman posted:

What we wish we owned

What we actually had

Um, excuse me, I actually had the transparent purple controller and this one:

:colbert:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
my bff still thinks i was a good smash player when we were kids bc ive never told him it was cause i made him play with the madcatz controller that had like half a second of input lag and the z button would randomly trigger

its a secret i must take to the grave

Spellman
May 31, 2011

My older cousin had that piece of poo poo, except it had turbo buttons

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gently caress you, don't talk poo poo about the Atomic Purple N64 controller. It's the best one, and I still have mine.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I wish they'd gone through with the idea of putting an ID chip in the controller that told games what colur it was, so a green controller would give you a green character, etc.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I wish they'd gone through with the idea of putting an ID chip in the controller that told games what colur it was, so a green controller would give you a green character, etc.
Okay but what happens when you have the clear one

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I had the standard gray, atomic purple, black and banana yellow colors. the atomic purple was the only transparent n64 controller I ever owned. My friend had the DK64 console and controller and I was jealous. I just wanted colorful consoles.

I'm still bitter they never released a red Wii at launch like they showed in their promotional marketing.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

homeless snail posted:

Okay but what happens when you have the clear one

Wireframe models!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I love how JoyCons report their color to the Switch.