Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Flesh Forge posted:

when National Geographic starts running big winks to straight nazi propaganda I'll probably complain about it here, yes.

I'll hold you to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I’d take the L on this one, flesh forge. You fell for the manufactured outrage even when anyone who knows where BJG stands on this stuff could see a mile away it was all clickbait and manufactured outrage

No shame in that. We all fall for this poo poo sometimes

this is flesh forges thing

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
yep, sorry guys I don't like nazi winks at all, get a mod if it makes you mad

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

yep, sorry guys I don't like nazi winks at all, get a mod if it makes you mad

I’d rather watch you try to post through it

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
cheif wiggum voice: the nazi winked at you?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
flesh forge getting excited because an attractive women winked at him (sprayed him with mace)

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
;)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’m winking and platforming whilst also sealioning. Mayhaps I shall do some JAQing as well

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

dang sure would suck if right wingers clicked the link thinking it supported them (the only way they'd ever click the link) and then hear brianna say that tucker is just spouting warmed over hitler quotes, making them potentially question their beliefs

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
From what I've seen Carlson's (explicit) problem is not with a proportional increase in black American to white American people but with demographic changes due to immigration. I had to really go looking for this sort of content though so it's possible the algorithm is curating what Tucker clips it shows me too heavily for me to find the explicitly anti African American stuff.

Ringo Roadagain posted:

weren’t the Olympic womans skateboarding competitions dominated by literal children?

Medalists for street were 13, 13 and 15. Wow.

GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

That's just a bullshit word.

Weka posted:

From what I've seen Carlson's (explicit) problem is not with a proportional increase in black American to white American people but with demographic changes due to immigration. I had to really go looking for this sort of content though so it's possible the algorithm is curating what Tucker clips it shows me too heavily for me to find the explicitly anti African American stuff.

this is media literacy 101 lol of course he abstracts blackness when he talks about this stuff. even then, i'm like 99% sure he's done a few routines where he raves about "black culture" but i'm absolutely not going to spend time looking this up

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Kaedric posted:

dang sure would suck if right wingers clicked the link thinking it supported them (the only way they'd ever click the link) and then hear brianna say that tucker is just spouting warmed over hitler quotes, making them potentially question their beliefs

Lol this lib thinks people change their minds due to clickbait bullshit

It did what it was meant to, which is to make you think of a media grifter and her comrade in arms

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

tokin opposition posted:

It did what it was meant to, which is to make you think of a media grifter and her comrade in arms

I mean I think it does have some cultural impact but yeah mostly the latter.
e: I think it's bad for media to mainstream straight nazi propaganda in the same way I think it's bad for the media to lionize the OG nazi sonnenrad wearers that NATO has propped up to be our proxy fighters

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/mackyson/status/1527482681226821632

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I know he truly believes this because he's liberal manifest but does he think this is some statement that'll get the RWM on board rather than being opportunistically ridiculed even if they themselves believe it

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

I know he truly believes this because he's liberal manifest but does he think this is some statement that'll get the RWM on board rather than being opportunistically ridiculed even if they themselves believe it

you can review the transcript and see if there's some clever strategy in there but I just see him sincerely saying stuff he thinks is good and smart, "no really this is all under control and this is the system working the way it's supposed to"
the interviewer took it pretty easy on him and he still managed to make himself sound like a monster

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pete-buttigieg-face-the-nation-transcript-05-15-2022/

quote:

MARGARET BRENNAN: I want to ask you a little bit on a personal note. We've been talking about this baby formula shortage nationwide that's been ongoing now for months. You have infants at home. Do you have problems getting a hold of formula?

SECRETARY BUTTIGIEG: Yeah, this is very personal for us. We've got two nine month old children, baby formula is a very big part of our lives. And like millions of Americans, we've been rooting around stores, checking online, getting in touch with relatives in other places where they don't have the same shortages to see what they can send over. And we figured it out. We're all set, at least for now. But I think about what that would be like,if you're a shift worker with two jobs, maybe you don't have a car, you literally don't have the time or the money to be going from store to store. That's why this is such a serious issue and that's why it's getting attention at the highest levels, including, of course, direct involvement by the president.

MARGARET BRENNAN: Well, and this is going to be an issue Congress takes up this week. I know the President said more action is coming, but this has been ongoing for months. There are supply chain issues already. Then you have the issue with this one plant, Abbott, whistleblower in September, February the recall. It's May. Why has it taken so long and why did the president on Friday seem to say that it was new information to him? He said, if we'd been better mind readers, I guess we could have done something earlier.

SECRETARY BUTTIGIEG: Well, look, the administration acted from day one after the recall. Taking steps like creating more flexibility for the WIC program to help rebalance the availability of formula in the States. There are more actions that are underway, including looking at imports. But fundamentally, we are here because a company was not able to guarantee that its plant was safe. And that plant has shut down.

MARGARET BRENNAN: But that is the federal government's job as regulators to help ensure safety of the plant-

SECRETARY BUTTIGIEG: As regulators, yes. But let's be very clear. This is a capitalist country. The government does not make baby formula, nor should it. Companies make formula. And one of those companies, a company which, by the way, seems to have 40% market share, messed up and is unable to confirm that a plant, a major plant, is safe and free of contamination. So the most important thing to do right now, of course, is to get that plant in Michigan up and running safely. And that's the work that's going on between the company and the FDA. It's got to be safe and it's got to be up and running as soon as possible. But this is the difference between a supply chain problem, in other words, a problem about moving goods around, and a supply problem which has to do with whether they're being produced in the first place. Now, the administration's also been working with other companies to try to surge their production. That's led to an increase in production, which is helping to compensate. But at the end of the day, this plant needs to come back online safely.

MARGARET BRENNAN: And we'll have more on that later in the show. But because I know you're not the FDA commissioner, let me talk to you about the things you are involved more in, which is supply chain and spectrum procurement. How is the administration making sure that those essential ingredients that are actually required for something like formula are actually available?

SECRETARY BUTTIGIEG: So a shortage of ingredients is not what led to the shutdown of the facility–

MARGARET BRENNAN: No, it is a factor that has led to price. Inflation is one of the factors among many that has been blamed for months of problems with baby formula even before the recall in February.

SECRETARY BUTTIGIEG: Right, but America has the productive capacity to create the baby formula that we need. I think what–

MARGARET BRENNAN: But you're bringing it in from Europe right now.

SECRETARY BUTTIGIEG: Right. But that's because. Again, we've got four companies making about 90% of the formula in this country which we should probably take a look at-

MARGARET BRENNAN: Is that an oligopoly?

SECRETARY BUTTIGIEG: Yeah, I mean, it's-it's basically a series of monopolies that have added up into enormous market concentration. By the way, this is an issue the president has been talking about in area after area after area, whether we're talking about fertilizer, whether we're talking about other things in our agriculture sector–

MARGARET BRENNAN: There are contracts there too, because this is also part of- I'm using the term food stamp program-

SECRETARY BUTTIGIEG: Right.

MARGARET BRENNAN: But it's a part of a government assistance program.

SECRETARY BUTTIGIEG: Which is exactly why, again, from day one after the recall-.

MARGARET BRENNAN: This isn't just a private sector problem is my point. The federal government is directly involved in some of these arrangements.

SECRETARY BUTTIGIEG: A plant shutting down because a company can't assure that it is physically safe from contamination is the responsibility of the company. The responsibility of the regulator is to ensure, as they take steps to get it ready, that it will in fact be safe when it comes back online.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

closely related, I'm very happy for the economy it must be very proud :3

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1527663512104882176

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Look this guy is real smart and it's a necessary evil to let him coerce his subordinates into having sex with him or he might not cure cancer!!

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1527854168890826752

https://www.science.org/content/article/prominent-biologist-david-sabatini-out-mit-after-breaching-sexual-relationship-policy

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I like the "It's not written by Bari Weiss!" When a cursory look shows that it's written by her sister.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/EnesFreedom/status/1528023543296020480?s=20&t=5x0FIJ8EjjsnP6gBDB6eQA

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

He can change his last name all he wants, he’ll always be penis cancer to me

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Dumb question: Aside from both being pigs law enforcement, why do the FBI and NYPD always seem to be so closely intertwined/related? In this specific case, the NYPD shield is directly to the left of the FBI logo, between the FBI and CIA, which, :lol:

But the two organizations always seem to be intertwined somehow and I'm just curious why that is?

Zipperelli. has issued a correction as of 16:54 on May 21, 2022

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Zipperelli. posted:

Dumb question: Aside from both being pigs law enforcement, why do the FBI and NYPD always seem to be so closely intertwined/related? In this specific case, the NYPD shield is directly to the left of the FBI logo, between the FBI and CIA, which, :lol:

But the two organizations always seem to be intertwined somehow and I'm just curious why that is?

Love of the game (killing and entrapping immigrants) I imagine.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

You're not going to convert Nazis, but even if it's clickbait, just having a rebuttal out there out there could save some kid or impressionable person who doesn't have great critical thinking skills from only seeing the bad poo poo and falling into that trap.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Zipperelli. posted:

It's one of, if not the, largest police force outside of the FBI

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

It’s not even close. They have more than twice the number of LAPD and LA Sheriff combined

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

gradenko_2000 posted:

That really doesn't answer my question as to why a local city police force is so tightly associated with the FBI, but I appreciate the idea.

Is this just another side effect from 9/11?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Zipperelli. posted:

That really doesn't answer my question as to why a local city police force is so tightly associated with the FBI, but I appreciate the idea.

It’s because it’s huge and in the center of our media infrastructure so you just see it more in general than say with bumblefuck ND PD

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Its always crazy when like the Notre Dame fire or whatever happened and the NYPD says "the NYPD Foreign Affairs Division [a thing a city PD has for some reason] has been mobilized and resources are in transit"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/CmdrJonty/status/1528088882511855616?s=20&t=aqiwIm5zzOffEjNREKUYCg

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Zipperelli. posted:

nypd isn't a local city police force
they operate internationally
against the wishes of the countries they show up in who barely tolerate the fbi showing up as it is

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
do they have nypd employees permanently stationed in other countries?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

yes

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/nypd-stationed-overseas-increasing-global-terror-threat/1151214/

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

indigi posted:

do they have nypd employees permanently stationed in other countries?
yes, in 14 cities apparently as well as nypd employees that are embedded in the FBI and other agencies in DC also there are NYPD employees that are embedded in LAPD

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

embed coplo

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Oh my god

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Lvov at first sight would have sounded better, too bad

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It's so psychotic lmao

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Do I smell like an AGP??

Scent gland implants are an important part of trans health

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/techleadhd/status/1528108902180458496?t=CWcuPLaESSwDRmR3q91tkA&s=19