Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I love when the game decides a path for you and just shoves you towards it. I got Mulligan and Infestation turning me into Lord of the Flies(you look like a fly and you, well, fly) followed by Rotten Baby, 3 Pretty Fly pills, and a Guppy's Head from a devil deal.

I pretty much just flew to a corner where they couldn't reach me and let the flies shred anything in their path. The only thing I was missing is the item that makes flies and spiders grow and do more damage. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Also it has never been the case that people wouldn't break games n' things open to figure out secrets, people always wanna figure stuff out so they can get to the actually fun part of, y'know, playing the game. I remember back 7 years ago when Halo 3 came out the IWBYD skull was crazily hidden and the devs thought it would take years for people to find it, if they found it at all, but of course people went into the code and found it in days.

And thank god for those people! Having nice stuff locked away behind obscure bullshit like that is a huge pain.

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't get why people feel obligated to get the Lost since he seems like such a lovely character to play the game with. Are there any items locked behind him or something?
There are achievements which unlock different co-op babies iirc.

PureQuestion
Oct 15, 2014

Made some stuff. Some of it even didn't suck.

IronicDongz posted:

There are achievements which unlock different co-op babies iirc.

That's hard mode. The Lost unlocks actual item drops. Really strong ones.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Oxxidation posted:

Between this and P.T. there's probably no secret too obscure for the miners to crack. Which I prefer, honestly. Maddeningly obtuse puzzles are one of those old-timey gaming trends I'm glad have fallen by the wayside, and in the case of The Lost it's still a significant challenge unlocking the drat thing.

So far as I know, P.T. wasn't solved by mining. I first heard about the solution here. It may have been confirmed by mining later, though.

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

Samson + Brimstone + Lil Brimstone = cutting through boss rush like a hot knife through butter. Picked up a krampus head for good measure

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Does anyone happen to have a list of what the 178 Secrets in the game are? Not the achievements/trophies, but the things listed under "Secrets" in the Stats screen? I'm missing two and I figured they would be plat/ultimate plat god, but apparently not. Have Cobalt and that other guy gotten 100% and unlocked plat/ultimate plat? It's not still bugged is it, that would be a bummer :(

e: Oh god beating Mega Satan with the Lost isn't the last requirement for Platinum God is it? :suicide:

e2: Hmm maybe I don't have all the items even though everything seems unlocked at the Items screen. It says I've found 343 items but there are only 341 boxes. Maybe there are more 'hidden' ones. :iiam:

e3: Just checked a list of items someone made and nope, there are only 343 so I'm not missing anything.

VDay fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Nov 12, 2014

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
It's funny getting Ludovico and a Lump of Coal, and watching the death-ball grow and shrink as it moves relative Isaac.

Add just piles of random power-ups from the Dark Room, thanks to Guppy's Tail, and the Lamb didn't last too long.

IntelligibleChoir
Mar 3, 2009
What does glitch baby do besides just not shoot? My partner and I keep getting it and it makes the game pretty not fun.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Dear Binding of Isaac: I hate you. So loving much.

Yeah so the Bossfucker 9000 run ended because it was that first run with Blue where you have Blue but can't go past Mom's Heart. EASY chest clear with Blue. GOD DAMNIT. Krampus' Head with Cursed Tears and Ipecac and the Holy Mantle. I was literally gibbing the entire room and just shrugging off the self damage with Holy Mantle. With Blue. Except I couldn't do The Chest or Cath because this game is a stupid rear end in a top hat.

Magres fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Nov 12, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

VDay posted:

Does anyone happen to have a list of what the 178 Secrets in the game are? Not the achievements/trophies, but the things listed under "Secrets" in the Stats screen? I'm missing two and I figured they would be plat/ultimate plat god, but apparently not. Have Cobalt and that other guy gotten 100% and unlocked plat/ultimate plat? It's not still bugged is it, that would be a bummer :(

e: Oh god beating Mega Satan with the Lost isn't the last requirement for Platinum God is it? :suicide:

e2: Hmm maybe I don't have all the items even though everything seems unlocked at the Items screen. It says I've found 343 items but there are only 341 boxes. Maybe there are more 'hidden' ones. :iiam:

e3: Just checked a list of items someone made and nope, there are only 343 so I'm not missing anything.

This is a mostly complete list of everything in the secrets menu. There are only 3 that are blank. (on the wiki, spoilers obviously)

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Waffleopolis posted:

What's the best way to complete the Family Man challenge? I feel soooooooooo crippled. :(

For me, it was get lucky and find Daddy's Love in a Zelda 1 treasure room in Basement 2. Otherwise I don't see how it can be done, you get totally overwhelmed by the Womb levels.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

That's for the original game.

e: Nvm, went to another link apparently.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

VDay posted:

That's for the original game.

I fixed the link, SA doesn't like links that have parentheses in them

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I think the item pool gave up. The d100 is a funny little thing. I got it on the first floor and just pressed the button every time I could. Some of what happened was garbage, but eventually I ended up with triple shot epic fetus that seemed to persist no matter how I rerolled after that. I steamrolled every room in the chest without taking damage, and I wasn't even particularly trying to.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

CJacobs posted:

I fixed the link, SA doesn't like links that have parenthesis in them

Yup, thanks. Unfortunately the two I'm missing are the few that they're missing as well. Specifically, #69 and #84.

I'm starting to think that they fixed the Godhead unlock but the plat god achievements are still broken. Literally the only things I haven't done (outside of possibly arbitrary goals like kill 10,000 bosses or something) is beat Mega Satan with the Lost and a few original characters, and *shudders* finding/seeing/getting the puzzle pieces. But I can't imagine that they would let you unlock the Lost without doing that then require them for 100%'ing the game. Who knows, guess I'll go do it anyway since I might as well and maybe Cobalt and that guy will also run into it soon.

Considering #83 is for Dead Boy, I'm betting :10bux: that the last two achievements are simply still broken and secret #84 is plat god while #69 is real plat god.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
What is the Godhead unlock, anyway? New item?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

SunAndSpring posted:

What is the Godhead unlock, anyway? New item?

It's basically the last item you unlock and it's a really powerful tear upgrade. Damage, fire rate, and range Up, plus homing, plus a glowing bubble around each tear that also does damage.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

So uh you dudes should watch this it's insane. http://www.twitch.tv/richard_hammer

Edit:

KidDynamite fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Nov 12, 2014

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Bob's Brain (gold chests) and Lil Brimstone (devil rooms) can also get you through Family Man. I think the (red) candle also works pretty well, although I hadn't unlocked it when I did the challenge so I'm not entirely sure.

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

That works for any of the secret rooms with hearts in them. Hearts in the holy super secret room are always eternal hearts, and hearts in the womb room are always red (so don't use your Hierophant card in there).

I found this out today also. My little devil guy gorged himself on red hearts, came back to me, and... started dropping red hearts.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

KidDynamite posted:

So uh you dudes should watch this it's insane. http://www.twitch.tv/richard_hammer

What the gently caress is going, where did all those items come from?

He has a giant baby train and tears that block the entire screen.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Where the hell does Godhead show up? I literally cheated myself an infinite D6 and ran the Treasure Room, Secret Room, Boss Room, Devil Room, and Angel Room item pools dry so that the only item available was Breakfast. Didn't see it. And yes, I did unlock it.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Sometimes you see an X scratched into the ground. It seems to happen across the different map types. Does that do anything, or is it just decoration?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Alteisen posted:

That's what it looks like when you actually break the game. Not when you get a dark bum and get 12 hearts.

e: Explanation is that he's charging the D20 as many times as he wants by damaging himself thanks to the habit and some other items without having to clear rooms, which lets him re-roll garbage which turns into chests, which give him back the health he lost by damaging himself as well as creating more garbage that he can re-roll into chests with the D20, and so on and so forth.

VDay fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Nov 12, 2014

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I found a room that you can bomb twice to enter and has Isaac's bedroom in it. I was able to sleep in the bed the first time, but haven't been able to any other time I've gone in there in different runs. Is this due to sin/evil or what?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Polyphemous, 20/10 doubleshot, scythes. :stare:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Alteisen posted:

he's makin it happen

e: he crashed the game, rip

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

As far as I can tell he's using:
- All the "you get stuff when you're hit" items (gimpy, piggy bank, satchel)
- The Sharp Plug
- The D20
So he hits the plug to simultaneously recharge his D20 and get a bunch of items, then rerolls those to be chests (which in the Chest give him items).

e: IT'S CRASHABLE

HellCopter posted:

Where the hell does Godhead show up? I literally cheated myself an infinite D6 and ran the Treasure Room, Secret Room, Boss Room, Devil Room, and Angel Room item pools dry so that the only item available was Breakfast. Didn't see it. And yes, I did unlock it.
Maybe you get it after a certain combo of items? Like did you have Body, Mind, Soul or did you reroll them?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

KidDynamite posted:

And he crashed it. :allears:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Thanks Patch 1.022!

I am the 1 0% :)

e:

VDay fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Nov 12, 2014

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

ShadowedFlames posted:

Apologies if this was asked in the 45 unread (for me) pages before this one.

Has anyone else's PS4 copy of Rebirth been broken by the 1.01 update? It sits on the first loading screen and nothing I do will take it off of there. I've tried all the common fixes (redownload, redo the PS4 library, etc.). Vita version works fine on 1.01, though.

Edit to add: I am NOT using the save sync feature as I am aware it's busted.
Both my PS4 and Vita versions are hosed, but I'm using the same save.

On PS4 I can simply delete the local save data to get it to load, and then download my cross-save data to keep playing. This sort of works on Vita, except that you can only delete the local data by deleting the entire install, and then you have to redownload and reinstall the whole thing.

I'm betting it's related to the Crash on startup bug that was fixed in 1.02 today on Steam.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
Looks like they just hit 100% Platinum God on the Richard/Cobalt stream as well (with only 369 deaths!)

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

VDay posted:

Thanks Patch 1.022!

I am the 1 0% :)

e:

wow and you even didn't even get compensated for your time through stream funds

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

wow and you even didn't even get compensated for your time through stream funds

I'm playing video games all wrong :negative:

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
How much time played/how many deaths did you end up with for your achievement?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I have a handful of secrets not found, looks like I need a Meat Boy, a Bandage girl, to finish a couple of runs, etc.

It appears I also have a bugged secret because I have unlocked The Lost but secret #156 is not unlocked. What?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Scorps posted:

How much time played/how many deaths did you end up with for your achievement?

Over 60 and apparently 278 deaths, although I bet that's off by at least like 200 because I wasn't shy about restarting to save some time when it was obvious that I was screwed and restarts don't count as deaths. I wasn't shy about restarting in general because I was just going for the 100% from day 1 so there are a whole lot of things that are easier to do if you just restart over and over until you get the right starting item or map layout or boss etc etc.

13/f/cali posted:

I have a handful of secrets not found, looks like I need a Meat Boy, a Bandage girl, to finish a couple of runs, etc.

It appears I also have a bugged secret because I have unlocked The Lost but secret #156 is not unlocked. What?

156 is Godhead, which you get for beating all the bosses (aside from Mega Satan) with the Lost, not just unlocking him.

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.
I just had my first Eden run, and I honestly spawned with crap stats and items. (Telepathy for Dummies, a spider item that generated them when I got hit.) First item room was Holy Water, so: a bad run.

I picked up Guppy's Collar on Basement 2, and ended up on Catacombs 2 with the Curse that hid my health with 1.5 soul hearts. I took two hits in a room, and just decided to kill myself on spikes out of frustration. Game goes, "I'm not giving up on you," and the collar resurrects me.

In the next room, I die about four times, get resurrected. Get to the item room, it's the Bottle of Pills. Turns out I had Health Up, Balls of Steel, Tears Up, Pretty Fly, and 48 Hour Energy in the rotation.

So, I just unlocked the Negative with Eden. That was such a bizarre turnaround from the game going "gently caress you," that I'm sure I'm going to have twenty poo poo runs as penance now.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

VDay posted:

Over 60 and apparently 278 deaths, although I bet that's off by at least like 200 because I wasn't shy about restarting to save some time when it was obvious that I was screwed and restarts don't count as deaths. I wasn't shy about restarting in general because I was just going for the 100% from day 1 so there are a whole lot of things that are easier to do if you just restart over and over until you get the right starting item or map layout or boss etc etc.

156 is Godhead, which you get for beating all the bosses (aside from Mega Satan) with the Lost, not just unlocking him.

Ohh okay, the list I was checking didn't indicate that. Thanks and congrats on the completion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Alkydere posted:

Polyphemous, 20/10 doubleshot, scythes. :stare:

The end result of 20/10 Poly Scythes run: Say Hallo To Tammy's Head.

NOT quite strong enough to one-shot Isaac, but it does clear out everything before quite well. And it does get within 2-3 shots. I would fire this in the later Utero/Cathedral levels and be able to see nothing but the boss health bars vaporizing.