Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

*click*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

no it doesn't reset jump fatigue, but jump fatigue is way less bad than it was. if you have to do it with one character then yeah, it's gonna take a few days

however, don't join goons

Why would I not want to join goon? Goons are awesome. Mostly.

Dalael posted:

Make sure you join before moving your stuff or handing it to someone.

Or don't

No poo poo? I spent some time in goonfleet at one point in my eve life, so I could never imagine goons stealing my poo poo prior to admission to goonfleet. :henget:

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 9, 2018

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

thread has a lot of bitter exes, don't mind their stink

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

:eyepop:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

:popeye:

actual content: this game is especially bad now, and will be dead any day.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

orange juche posted:

:popeye:

actual content: this game is especially bad now, and will be dead any day.

Eve died in 2011.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

ZombieLenin posted:

Why would I not want to join goon? Goons are awesome. Mostly.

the pvp is bad and the posting is worse. Join Init and get all the krabbing benefits

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

thread has a lot of bitter exes, don't mind their stink

fart

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

It will not take you days. Couple of hours, sure.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goonswarm is like that Churchill quote about Democracy.

In a just world goons would be destitute pariahs because we are, individually and collectively, awful people who are poo poo at video games.

Sadly, everyone else somehow manages to swan dive right under the low bar we set.

Hachiman
Jun 17, 2018

ZombieLenin posted:

Eve died in 2011.

Why?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It's always been dead, OP

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Incarna lmao

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

gons are trying to evict Hard Knocks I guess?

What's better than getting the goldy loot of w-space? Hummm...

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

the number of pubbies screaming about how the sky is falling from initdot + us RFing two keepstars is pretty great

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

the number of pubbies screaming about how the sky is falling from initdot + us RFing two keepstars is pretty great

because you're treading on the sacred safe space

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

I would have made a big post here if the forums didn't repeatedly eat my posts. Apparently some of the words I tried to put in here results in being auto-banned by the forums.

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Dec 9, 2018

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]
So I have some old POS towers and faction POS equipment... is any of this poo poo used anymore? I cannot see that there is a point to these old towers anymore.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

ZombieLenin posted:

So I have some old POS towers and faction POS equipment... is any of this poo poo used anymore? I cannot see that there is a point to these old towers anymore.

You can still erect the POS if you need a safe place to hide or log off or an incredibly risky place to stash items, but as of the last patch they no longer have any functionality besides this. All the navigation and production poo poo was disabled. CCP will hopefully delete POS from this earth very soon.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

You can still erect the POS if you need a safe place to hide or log off or an incredibly risky place to stash items, but as of the last patch they no longer have any functionality besides this. All the navigation and production poo poo was disabled. CCP will hopefully delete POS from this earth very soon.

how then will one pos neg holes

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Addamere posted:

how then will one pos neg holes

you'll rear end(house) the hole instead

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

So is there any relevance of pap for GoonWaffe members other than being included in the monthly stats updates?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

lovely tuna snatch posted:

So is there any relevance of pap for GoonWaffe members other than being included in the monthly stats updates?

You help to raise the bar for the other folks. So, basically, there's no point for us.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Raising the bar for other folks can be hilarious unto itself, such as if for example you happen to be the most active pilot in some other alliance's pap system and their leadership gets mad at each other for it.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

You help to raise the bar for the other folks. So, basically, there's no point for us.

OK, 10 fleets this month, guess I'll keep raising the bar. :)

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OK, 10 fleets this month, guess I'll keep raising the bar. :)

Never feel pressured to do more, always feel free to do more. Goonswam is the best MMO guild experience anywhere. You can do as little or as much as you want, and no one will get mad at you. If someone does get mad at you, then tell them to eat a dick. :)

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Addamere posted:

Never feel pressured to do more, always feel free to do more. Goonswam is the best MMO guild experience anywhere. You can do as little or as much as you want, and no one will get mad at you. If someone does get mad at you, then tell them to eat a dick. :)

Unless it's like, someone Space Important.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rust Martialis posted:

Unless it's like, someone Space Important.

Then tell them to eat a dick with mustard.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

CainFortea posted:

Then tell them to eat a dick with mustard.

back in the day rust got the ol plunger head

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Rust Martialis posted:

"Not Angelique Duchemin"

thats my alt you bitch

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Hexel posted:

back in the day rust got the ol plunger head

Pretty sure he didn't get plungered for not going on fleets tho

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Viva Miriya posted:

thats my alt you bitch

"Well it SAYS its Not Angelique"

~Trump probably

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Bilirubin posted:

"Well it SAYS its Not Angelique"

~Trump probably

basically lol

man gently caress this species of ours we're so dumb

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Viva Miriya posted:

man gently caress this species of ours we're so dumb

speak for urself i'm really smart, 130+ IQ btw

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

If I’m reading the wiki right we get double SRP which means flying a scimi and losing it nets you 700+mil not counting insurance payout

Otherwise no

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
rip HK

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

you'd think after literal years and all the home turf advantages they'd be able to handle that kind of poo poo

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

you'd think after literal years and all the home turf advantages they'd be able to handle that kind of poo poo

A spy could undo all those advantages in the time it takes to push the unanchor button.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

SugarAddict posted:

A spy could undo all those advantages in the time it takes to push the unanchor button.

Uh, unanchoring takes seven days and can be canceled at any time. You also have to be a fulldir in the owning corporation. It'd be a really stupid way to burn a fulldir-level spy.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

It's really bad how they are scrambling just to get control. Not much you can do against those numbers though :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Uh, unanchoring takes seven days and can be canceled at any time. You also have to be a fulldir in the owning corporation. It'd be a really stupid way to burn a fulldir-level spy.

Then again, this *is* EVE, and there have been burnings of full-director-level spies in the past for dumber reasons. Sometimes simply because some spymaster *thought* they were burned and decided to have them do something flashy yet meaningless for personal :smug:ness.