Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

PriorMarcus posted:

Random question but what's the deal with The Fwoosh?

I assumed from the Youtube channel that is was Robo who ran it by himself but looking at the website and the forum and it seems like there's a full team? Is Robo the owner or just a member?

Not important, just curious.

No idea how the site and contributors came together, but I had the same question a while back. Robo and VeeBee are their most prominent contributors I'd say but they have a handful of people under their umbrella.

https://thefwoosh.com/about/

https://thefwoosh.com/author/pablolobo/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Agrias120 posted:

I'm debating picking up the Static Arts statues for dress Tifa and Aerith, since it seems like they are roughly in scale with the FF7R PAK figures. I'd get the PAK versions, but like Shiroc already said, the joints are just so jarring on the elbows and knees. I've got some credit kicking around at a local store and it has both on preorder for the same price, so it seems like a decent option. This line sure is a slipperly slope, though. It started with just Cloud and then eventually Tifa. Then it mutated into just getting all of the main cast. Then Avalanche. Then the bike Jessie comes with. :retrogames:

Yeah, I got everyone except the Turks. I’m not really interested in the bad guys, though had to get Sephiroth obviously. I did skip the bike though, I’m okay with just the figures.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I busted out my Play Arts a few days before the discussion picked up in here, they'd been in storage for a bit and I had never actually opened Seperoth. I like them. I don't love them. I'd be willing to part with them if anyone here was interested. I have Cloud, Barret, Tifa, Areth and Seperoth. Package deal, if you want them let me know. Otherwise I'll continue to enjoy them.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

figma made a two pack of little cherubs that included a stream of urine so you could pose them like an Italian fountain or a Calvin showing his displeasure with Chevy.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
for everyone waiting for my nendoroid sale, it's probably going to take a week or two because I am exhausted. I'll still post about it in here first.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Burkion posted:

There's a new 6-7 inch Godzilla line coming from Hiya Toys, based on the Monsterverse stuff.

The articulation is strange to me, because it is almost an exact copy of NECA engineering, just better sculpts. *almost* an exact copy because a few of the joints are still very NECA looking, but improved on. THen you have stuff like the arm joints which look dead on to what the NECA did.

It's also apparently only available in China, which is weird because their other stuff is sold here. Wonder if it's a rights things?

Nodosaur posted:

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1519828213568053249?s=20&t=6ghch8fe6t0gZ9EFmco29w

Holy hell... this is the JP T-rex figure I've dreamed of since I was a kid...

I have a powerful need for that T-rex. I got their raptor and it's delightful and (imo) the perfect scale for dinosaur figures.

I also pre-ordered my boy the dilophosaurus from BBTS. I missed out on the Amber Collection version and now it's crazy expensive.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Mark Hamill just said he’s going to be recording more Skeletor lines, Revelations Season 2!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I just bought the Hammond Collection raptor, Malcolm, and Baryonyx.

contemplating getting more raptors so I can build a pack. How many were there in the first Jurassic Park? Three?

Hope they do the Giganotosaurus in this line.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I kinda wish I had gotten Nendoroid Kirby. Much like my Hamtaro, stylized for cute Kirby is just Kirby.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

I just bought the Hammond Collection raptor, Malcolm, and Baryonyx.

contemplating getting more raptors so I can build a pack. How many were there in the first Jurassic Park? Three?

Hope they do the Giganotosaurus in this line.

There were more but The Big One killed the rest.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Shiroc posted:

I kinda wish I had gotten Nendoroid Kirby. Much like my Hamtaro, stylized for cute Kirby is just Kirby.

my wife made sure we were keeping our Nendoroid Kirbys. they're fantastic toys.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Shiroc posted:

Didn’t they do a Robobot one with the big mech?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Xenomrph posted:

Didn’t they do a Robobot one with the big mech?

Yes apparently https://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/6815/Nendoroid+More+Robobot+Armor+Kirby.html

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

$380 on eBay :negative:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

pretty good Hawkeye

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Natalie Portman looks good as a Marvel Legends. They didn't skimp on the biceps on her. Same with Tessa Thompson.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Apr 30, 2022

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Went to Target. Didn’t find Hammond Collection but I did find King Grayskull!

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Joe Fisto posted:

Natalie Portman looks good as a Marvel Legends. They didn't skimp on the biceps on her. Same with Tessa Thompson.

I was on the fence getting her, her unmasked face in pictures looked... off. But in person it looks really good, even better than the helmeted one. Glad I pulled the trigger on it.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
My Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Son Goku Kaio-Ken -Event Exclusive Color Edition- arrived today. I think I'm going to have to rearrange some stuff and expand my Gokus onto two shelves.

lol that all of this started with me getting the Saiyan Raised On Earth Goku because I thought it would be fun company while I worked from home during the pandemic. 10 more Gokus later, I'm permanently remote and there is still a pandemic.

e: Adding picture of new Goku

Shiroc fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Apr 30, 2022

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The Hammond T-Rex is also up on BBTS for $2 more if people wanted to make sure they had a hand on one: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/202698

Zoodpipe
Jun 24, 2004

This is an important call. So, shut the fuck up.
Fallen Rib

Shiroc posted:

The Hammond T-Rex is also up on BBTS for $2 more if people wanted to make sure they had a hand on one: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/202698

Thanks!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Shiroc posted:

My Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Son Goku Kaio-Ken -Event Exclusive Color Edition- arrived today. I think I'm going to have to rearrange some stuff and expand my Gokus onto two shelves.

lol that all of this started with me getting the Saiyan Raised On Earth Goku because I thought it would be fun company while I worked from home during the pandemic. 10 more Gokus later, I'm permanently remote and there is still a pandemic.

Jealous. Mine is coming on Sunday. I am comforted by the fact I’ve had the nearly-identical Demoniacal Fit version of this Goku for…over a year?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

If anyone needs a Action Figure Collectible Toy 7'' Action Movie PVC Figure Joints Movable Doll Toy Anime Character Doll they're in stock at Amazon.

Features include:

- High-quality materials: Made of environmentally friendly materials, luxurious and beautiful, with fine workmanship, no irritation or harm to the human body and skin.
- Realistic Design: Inspired by popular movies, the design is well-made, uniquely designed with perfect details, perfect for any fan of this movie.
- Perfect gift: Best gift for kids, teens, men, and anime fans, best cake decorating, best gift for kids.
- Wide range of applications: This little doll can be placed in many places, such as your car, bedroom, bedside, living room, shop, cafe, hotel, apartment, library, etc.
- How to maintain: Wipe dry with a wet paper towel, and place it in a dry place after drying.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I love Action Figure Collectible Toy 7'' Action Movie PVC Figure Joints Movable Doll Toy Anime Character Doll! Especially the many pictures where it’s inexplicably superimposed on stock photos!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shiroc posted:

Put them in a line so each one is a frame further into doing a haduken

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I'm glad they included cleaning directions

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

PriorMarcus posted:

The Hammond collection isn't even available in the UK and I'm gutted about it.

I don't know what else is in the line and don't even have any stuff from the previous collections that's just a really cool T-Rex.

Joe Fisto posted:

If anyone needs a Action Figure Collectible Toy 7'' Action Movie PVC Figure Joints Movable Doll Toy Anime Character Doll they're in stock at Amazon.

Features include:

- High-quality materials: Made of environmentally friendly materials, luxurious and beautiful, with fine workmanship, no irritation or harm to the human body and skin.
- Realistic Design: Inspired by popular movies, the design is well-made, uniquely designed with perfect details, perfect for any fan of this movie.
- Perfect gift: Best gift for kids, teens, men, and anime fans, best cake decorating, best gift for kids.
- Wide range of applications: This little doll can be placed in many places, such as your car, bedroom, bedside, living room, shop, cafe, hotel, apartment, library, etc.
- How to maintain: Wipe dry with a wet paper towel, and place it in a dry place after drying.

I suspect this might not be officially licensed.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm PRETTY SURE those alternate hands are from the Diamond Select Carnage

Zoodpipe
Jun 24, 2004

This is an important call. So, shut the fuck up.
Fallen Rib

CPL593H posted:

I don't know what else is in the line and don't even have any stuff from the previous collections that's just a really cool T-Rex.

https://jurassicpark.fandom.com/wiki/Jurassic_World:_Hammond_Collection

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Burkion posted:

I'm PRETTY SURE those alternate hands are from the Diamond Select Carnage

Yeah that’s what I thought too.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The arms might be from Carnage?

I kind of want to get this thing just to figure out what the gently caress is its deal because the I think it really might be a hosed up frakenstein of Diamond Select Carnage, the arms, and Legends Movie Venom

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Burkion posted:

The arms might be from Carnage?

I kind of want to get this thing just to figure out what the gently caress is its deal because the I think it really might be a hosed up frakenstein of Diamond Select Carnage, the arms, and Legends Movie Venom

Please do. There aren't any photos or reviews for it and I am very curious.

Also; went to Target hoping they'd have the new Masterverse figs. They didn't but I found the Lightning Collection Pirantishead. He's a lovely fish man, who may or may not have a mangina.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

It’s probably one of those bootlegs produced by people with back door access to the legit tooling. Venom seems like a hard character to mess up cause he’s mostly a black blob, not a lot of paint apps. Might be worth picking up if you’re a Venom fan.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
It's a big day for this young fella!

He's got his web shooters and is getting the hang of this swinging lark!

He found a guy ranting about brains and Spider-Man...

..but still found the time to hang out with a Gwen, if not *the* Gwen.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I bought a new Omega from the Jakks Pacific Sonic figure line to replace the one I have whose leg popped off, and he has a loose shoulder pauldron

I wish there were someone making Sonic figures that gave half a gently caress about quality control

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Joe Fisto posted:

Please do. There aren't any photos or reviews for it and I am very curious.

Also; went to Target hoping they'd have the new Masterverse figs. They didn't but I found the Lightning Collection Pirantishead. He's a lovely fish man, who may or may not have a mangina.

So you're saying he drinks Bailey's from a shoe then...

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

drrockso20 posted:

So you're saying he drinks Bailey's from a shoe then...

He is a fine modern gentleman

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Shiroc posted:

sup goku buddy

I am now up to 10 Gokus including the Kaioken one Nanigans sent me (thanks btw!). I'm gonna rearrange the shelf in a bit and post the group shot.

Endless Mike posted:

Put them in a line so each one is a frame further into doing a haduken

:chloe:

robot roll call fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Apr 30, 2022

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Sorry for the double post but here is the new Goku shelf:

That's pretty much all the main ones!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

robot roll call posted:

sup goku buddy

I am now up to 10 Gokus including the Kaioken one Nanigans sent me (thanks btw!). I'm gonna rearrange the shelf in a bit and post the group shot.

:chloe:

You literally got a Goku doing a haduken!