Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I really want to play Radiant Historia but am I the only person that doesn't want to play an entire RPG on the 3DS anymore? I got absolutely ruined by Switch.

Same, I'm ready to move on from the 3DS. Put everything on the Switch. I'm waiting for the next direct to see if I'm keeping or selling my 3DS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

The White Dragon posted:

even the "travel through time to fix poo poo" comparison is really misdirecting. what you actually do is, a bad thing happens, and you travel like five minutes in the past to do something slightly differently. there is absolutely no major time travel.
I think it was a bit more complex than that, there were a fair number of nodes that required going around to do lots of weird/random poo poo either way earlier or in the other timeline, and sometimes it continuously cascaded into new stuff. It was never complicated but as a way to progress the story it was at least somewhat novel.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

I think it was a bit more complex than that, there were a fair number of nodes that required going around to do lots of weird/random poo poo either way earlier or in the other timeline, and sometimes it continuously cascaded into new stuff. It was never complicated but as a way to progress the story it was at least somewhat novel.

You're not wrong but I believe the intended point was that you're always travelling within a fairly narrow band of time instead of like between prehistoric dinosaur times and post apocalyptic future

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Cake Attack posted:

You're not wrong but I believe the intended point was that you're always travelling within a fairly narrow band of time instead of like between prehistoric dinosaur times and post apocalyptic future

yeah it's this, you travel through time but it's never across eras or dimensions. it's more like changing one thing you did since the beginning of the game, like--i don't think this actually happens in the game, but as an example--someone would've betrayed you but you got a memento of his dead wife shortly before he stabs you in the back, and you go back and give it to him a couple weeks earlier, which changes his mind and he decides not to betray you

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, you're travelling within a few months across two separate timelines that diverged right after the beginning of the game. And you use things you learn/find in one to get past roadblocks in the other mostly.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Cake Attack posted:

I mean I guess but so what? That's Steins;Gate in a nutshell too.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
it's because RH gets compared to chrono trigger. using the steins;gate example, you wouldn't say "stein's gate is like chrono trigger!" because they both have time travel

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

irlZaphod posted:

Snack World was on a NA Direct last year (don't think it was shown on the same EU one though). Yokai Watch 3 is probably a gimme since 1 and all versions of 2 made it over also.

Thanks about Snack World.

I figured YW3 was not a gimme since it was so late in the 3DS's life, YW1&2 didn't sell too hot in the US, and translating tons of Yokai and text might be a lot of work. I did a bit of searching and couldn't find a good source mentioning it would be localized, but I'd love to be shown how bad my search was.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

dirby posted:

Do you have a link to confirmation that these are going to be released in NA/PAL?

Both games were announced for international release years ago, and L5 teased YW3 news with their New Year's card/message so I presume it's still happening... maybe L5's putting it out themselves?

I kinda doubt Snack World will happen, at least not with all the NFC bullshit - it didn't do hot in Japan and retailers took a huge bath on the Yokai Watch toys.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The White Dragon posted:

it's because RH gets compared to chrono trigger. using the steins;gate example, you wouldn't say "stein's gate is like chrono trigger!" because they both have time travel

It's still a game about time travel and a JRPG.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

katkillad2 posted:

Same, I'm ready to move on from the 3DS. Put everything on the Switch. I'm waiting for the next direct to see if I'm keeping or selling my 3DS.

Ironically I keep my 3DS for one thing now - Portable smash bros. I still have my Wii U but it's in a closet somewhere and I only take it out to bring it to people's houses when they want to play smash bros.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I am sending Console Protective Services a link to this thread because of all the disgusting abuse being mentioned here

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.
My faulty 3ds I mentioned previously seems to be doing ok now. I cleaned the (already clean looking) battery terminals and now it seems to function perfectly?

I'm only really just getting into using my 3ds alot, mostly because I got homebrew sorted and this is the first handheld I've had that can play old genisis/mega drive games without wierd screen scaling issues.

I haven't even touched moon ultra, even though I preordered it. I doubt I'll ever pack my 3ds away. Heck I still regularly use my dsi xl.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Ironically I keep my 3DS for one thing now - Portable smash bros. I still have my Wii U but it's in a closet somewhere and I only take it out to bring it to people's houses when they want to play smash bros.

I’m only keeping it for New Leaf and to get through my backlog. Hopefully I could get through everything before the price of my N3DSXL tanks.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Kirby 3D Blowout Blast was a real good game. Hopefully they eventually make one based off Dreamland 2 for the Switch or whatever.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dragon Ball Fusions is also fun. I'm enjoying it, just finished the main story.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Is Soul Hackers still worth playing? I'm feeling kinda itchy for an SMT game but I remember some people complaining about it a little? If the problems are just from it being old as poo poo they probably won't bother me that much.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

RichterIX posted:

Is Soul Hackers still worth playing? I'm feeling kinda itchy for an SMT game but I remember some people complaining about it a little? If the problems are just from it being old as poo poo they probably won't bother me that much.

Totally worth playing if you are tolerant of older RPGs.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cake Attack posted:

both games being 7/10s

Hahahahaha. Good one.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Your wishes have been granted Detective Pikachu is getting released on March 23rd.

There's also going to be a Detective Pikachu amiibo. It unlocks hint videos in-game for if you get stuck.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Your wishes have been granted Detective Pikachu is getting released on March 23rd.

There's also going to be a Detective Pikachu amiibo. It unlocks hint videos in-game for if you get stuck.

The amiibo is also super loving big

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Not sure if it was posted but Kirby Battle Arena held a second powers content and the winner has been decided. After Mirror we'll be getting:

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Zeeman posted:

The amiibo is also super loving big

1998 me versus 2018 me

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I’m putting it in my rear end.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Not sure if it was posted but Kirby Battle Arena held a second powers content and the winner has been decided. After Mirror we'll be getting:

no way, my votes worked

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

LODGE NORTH posted:

at least cut off the ears first

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hasn't painter only existed for like a day.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

paint has existed since at least super star.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Electric Phantasm posted:

Hasn't painter only existed for like a day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yefSSam73Dc&t=396s

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yeah I was hoping for yo-yo personally, but my friend who told me about the winner was huge into paint because he wanted it to get a moveset so at least he's happy I guess.

Least it's not sleep meme-ing its way in.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Paint and Artist are very different, folks. Just like Suplex and Backdrop.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

baram. posted:

paint has existed since at least super star.

Alxprit posted:

Paint and Artist are very different, folks. Just like Suplex and Backdrop.

God drat it

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015
My 3ds streetpassed someone while I was sleeping in my apartment! :woop:

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Saoshyant posted:

Totally worth playing if you are tolerant of older RPGs.

I'm doing this and it's really good so far! It's weird because it seems simultaneously easier and more fiddly than other SMT games I've played. I wasn't psyched about the magnetite mechanic but it seems like I'm earning a ton just by wandering around a little in dungeons. Unless it turns out to be really restrictive later it kind of makes me wonder why it exists as a mechanic at all.

They should really make another SMT game that embraces the cyberpunk roots of the series.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

I think magnetite might have been more of a vestigial thing from the older SMT games at that point.

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l

LODGE NORTH posted:

monster condom for my magnum amiibo

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

I think magnetite might have been more of a vestigial thing from the older SMT games at that point.

Was magnetite the thing that let you move? I was alright with Soul Hackers until I realized I had a limited amount of steps. That really killed it for me since most of the dungeons we're easy to get lost in.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

Yeah you can lose magnetite by walking around. If you don't keep all your demons out all the time, it won't go down that fast. Battles also give a pretty steady supply of it.

FruitPunchSamurai fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Anyone seen a good guide on replacing the full housing on a New 3ds XL? Got a refurbed one from Gamestop but the housing has a couple scratches.