Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Welp, the one upside of horrible weather this year that kept me from traveling to see family is that I am set for some Saturday morning football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Thanks to travel plans I get to whatch a random Saturday morning game and then have to DVR my team until I get home late on the 25th. But at least I get to watch one game live.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Edward Mass posted:

Red Zone Channel is DEAD after January (NFL RedZone will replace it).

What a bummer. I liked Siciliano doing RZC.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

BlindSite posted:

Did you know Antonio Gates played basketball

Get outta here! Did you know that Jimmy Graham, who also plays Tight End, also played basketball?

Mega64 posted:

It's weird how a guy like Ron Rivera who seems like a legit nice dude who's gone through a lot of tough stuff and has earned the respect of his players can end up under the employ of a guy that's a terrible human being even for a NFL owner.

There's very little regular contact between a team owner and head coach under normal circumstances. Put it this way- millions of decent Americans work at a place where the owners is a completely evil piece of poo poo. They manage to do this by never interacting with the owner at all

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Pontius Pilate posted:

Also trey mcbride’s country lesbian moms were wonderful

Yeah, the moms are great.

Ranking human interest stories on Hard Knocks:
1. Player parents. The clear winners. Lots of screen time, lots of different stories and backgrounds. Also clearly the least worried about what people will think of them.
2. Journeyman coach / player families. Wives are all essentially the same person: supportive, cagey, a little tired. Often have kids old enough to be a little interesting.
3. Marginal young player families. Very real, but definitely the same story over and over.
4. Player siblings. Glimpses into a totally different life. Would be higher except we rarely get more than a few seconds with them.
5. Star player families. Lifestyles of the rich and bored. Wives are usually very edited-feeling. Kids are usually toddlers at the oldest.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Pontius Pilate posted:

Also trey mcbride’s country lesbian moms were wonderful

This makes me want to watch it now. He's from the northeastern part of Colorado that's so conservative that it tried to secede like 10 years ago and become its own state (CO east of I-25 is basically an extension of Kansas/Nebraska). An openly gay couple in this area is extremely brave, and you love to see it.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Docjowles posted:

This makes me want to watch it now. He's from the northeastern part of Colorado that's so conservative that it tried to secede like 10 years ago and become its own state (CO east of I-25 is basically an extension of Kansas/Nebraska). An openly gay couple in this area is extremely brave, and you love to see it.

I’ll take whatever crumbs of queerness are to be found in the nfl, so it was heartwarming to see. This was the best article I found, after an exhaustive search of like four: https://www.denverpost.com/2019/11/24/trey-mcbride-toby-mcbride-csu-rams-football-2019-two-moms-thanksgiving/

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

?????

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1606609532205109252

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So Tua is the first alternate, I assume Herbert is the second, meaning that Tyler Huntley received more Pro Bowl votes than Derek Carr.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

fsif posted:

So Tua is the first alternate, I assume Herbert is the second, meaning that Tyler Huntley received more Pro Bowl votes than Derek Carr.

fsif posted:

Refs!!!!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Carr deservedly dropping further and further in the rankings

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Carr deservedly dropping further and further in the rankings

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He also beat out Trevor? It’s pretty funny. He hasn’t even played well in limited action.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

fsif posted:

Herbert is indeed the 2nd alternate

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1606656640048136193?t=Erb7Mfp-oXt0OH-zQ_lscg&s=19

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1606629226462986241?t=atO2HxIGy_hxwbDGI5kfnQ&s=19

Basically, Lamar may rush back if they keep losing. Good job, Baltimore.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Ravens have to shut Lamar down till the playoffs at least. If we can't beat one of Pittsburgh or Atlanta without him then we're just not a playoff team.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if the ravens lose their next 2 games and the bebgals win the divvy but can only get the 3 seed you could easily defeat brandon allen and make the big yoffs. if cincinnati loses today then the last game of the season could easily be for the division title with lamar activated to try and take it

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Dec 24, 2022

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Hah I didn't think of that. What a strategy.

I can definitely see us losing today if the offense keeps looking like trash. Falcons might do badly too but if Patterson is playing he will make like 2 scoring plays and that will be enough.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Browns tickets down to $1 today. Currently 1F(feels like -20F). Gonna be 8F(Feels like -15F) later. Wind is gonna be around 30MPH winds with bigger gusts.

I dunno why I feel invested in this game being so miserable and bad, but here we are.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

wilderthanmild posted:

Browns tickets down to $1 today. Currently 1F(feels like -20F). Gonna be 8F(Feels like -15F) later. Wind is gonna be around 30MPH winds with bigger gusts.

I dunno why I feel invested in this game being so miserable and bad, but here we are.

I'm right there with you, in spirit. I'm watching every second.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Bears gonna win easily today

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
Didn't the Bears just put 2 corners on ir? What's the record for yards by a Bills receiver

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The chances the Saints win in Cleveland are pretty low, but I believe in &e. :unsmith:

Also any chance for Watson to go winless for the rest of the season is worth rooting for.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

A video on why the Fangio defense isn't working for teams trying to run it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7quyQ-N_cYM

Basically, 2-high was meant for Mahomes and Allen, not every other offense. Also, nowadays even Mahomes/Allen are taking advantage of what the defense is giving them. The defensive coordinators trying to mimick the Fangio defense aren't adjusting, opting to instead blindly copy it and apply it to all situations, so they're getting blown out repeatedly.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

ghosthorse posted:

Didn't the Bears just put 2 corners on ir? What's the record for yards by a Bills receiver

They'll be competing against 35 mph wind gusts, unfortunately.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter/status/1606673715923767296

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

a lot of football weather today

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1606677851230576640

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oh poo poo panthers play today

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

22 teams play today buster. "all-22" you might say. that's a different thing though if you said it. don't say it again

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Cavauro posted:

22 teams play today buster. "all-22" you might say. that's a different thing though if you said it. don't say it again

All-22.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

All-22 sayers (will keep updated)

FizFashizzle
fartknocker

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Android Apocalypse posted:

The chances the Saints win in Cleveland are pretty low, but I believe in &e. :unsmith:

Also any chance for Watson to go winless for the rest of the season is worth rooting for.

It’s Taysom Time

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I was saying All-22urns

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/jake_trotter/status/1606681947325054978?s=46&t=jHnHnweAJyIExka9QB0NVg

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
God it looks miserable there.

And that’s just because it’s Cleveland.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Silly Burrito posted:

God it looks miserable there.

And that’s just because it’s Cleveland.

Mother Earth is literally trying to blow Cleveland off the map and it is sitting there stubborn and stuck to the ground from all the toxic waste and burial grounds. I assume that makes some kind of glue.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

If it was truly cold the mountains in the background would be a nice frosty blue but i dont see no mountains

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

In related news:

https://twitter.com/landonian87/status/1606685017249386498?s=61&t=EgtcQ5GygkoaU_5jZK7VYQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

foxboro is tied for the warmest, who knew