Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

lmao that lady rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Green Bay being in quarterback hell is yummy

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

CannonFodder posted:

Yeah, when Jameis Winston was on the Bucs, he would throw for 4 TDs a game. And they would win if he threw them to Bucs receivers.

Here, have all the times Jameis didn't throw it to a Bucs receiver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhfpQcL1ETc

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

God I love watching some good football

Corn Burst
Jun 18, 2004

Blammo!

Besides being misguided on who is winning the AFC West, this lady gets it.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Zwabu posted:

Raiders looked kind of okay tonight.

It.. feels really strange to say that.

Nah. They just sucked less. I was up on Jimmy G last season, he was playing well. Not so much this season.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I thought every one got a "gently caress the broncos #1 in the afc west" tattoo

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

R.D. Mangles posted:

anyone have any green bay quarterback stats

Mr. Love is 33rd in the league in completion percentage

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I still think its early but he clearly is struggling against better defenses
And against trash defenses too because that's what the Raiders D outside of Crosby is...a literal dumpster fire.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

epic bacon posted:

Mr. Love is 33rd in the league in completion percentage
Not anymore!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Gonna go back in time and tell panthers fans “Bryce young has a better completion percentage than Stafford, burrow, and uh….Stroud. Don’t worry why I’m including stroud.”

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

resident posted:

Purdy played four years behind mediocre to terrible Iowa state OLs where he was 1 of 3 playmakers that could maybe win the game if he scrambled just right and pulled a rabbit out of his hat. Chilling out and just being a consistent cog in a well functioning machine is probably easy mode for him.

Yeah I was thinking about this some earlier too. Compared to playing at Iowa State coming to an NFL team with the pro equivalent of a roster full of 5* recruits must make him feel like he hit the jackpot.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Love needs 30-40 games to really see what he is, we won't have a true idea until then.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Corn Burst posted:

Besides being misguided on who is winning the AFC West, this lady gets it.

I mean when they finally win in 2028 that tattoo's gonna be easy as hell to cover up

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

wandler20 posted:

Love needs 30-40 games to really see what he is, we won't have a true idea until then.

And it's sort of unfair to judge him too early; he could have used another season or two learning from the bench.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Reich basically calling Tepper meddlesome is probably not great for his job stability lol.

https://twitter.com/avl_mike/status/1711457885039841789?s=20

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol he's trying to say Tepper forced them to draft Bryce over Stroud, isn't he?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Seems like it

I kinda feel bad for Bryce Young because by association it means his coach didn't want him, which can't be good for rookie confidence

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Thing is that Bryce over Stroud was a totally reasonable picks, lots of reasonable picks look terrible only with hindsight

Probably less good that they're possibly at each others throats already lol

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I didn't get the sense that Reich wanted Stroud from the clip. Did I miss something?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Yeah I was thinking about this some earlier too. Compared to playing at Iowa State coming to an NFL team with the pro equivalent of a roster full of 5* recruits must make him feel like he hit the jackpot.

I watched a lot of Purdy at ISU, and I think he was at his weakest when he had to scramble and sometimes he forced a ball that turned into a turnover. I remember him being pretty accurate when he had a second to actually go through progressions. ISU also had two real targets, Charlie Kolar and Xavier Hutchinson. Also had Breece Hall at RB who was and is still a beast, which helped. For Iowa State teams, that 2021 team was stacked, but compared to Alabama we're bad.

Purdy landed in the perfect spot though. There's maybe 2 or 3 other teams where he could've worked.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

MikeCrotch posted:

Thing is that Bryce over Stroud was a totally reasonable picks, lots of reasonable picks look terrible only with hindsight

Probably less good that they're possibly at each others throats already lol

Tbf it's only been five games and he barely has any support from the O-Line or even a mildly competent wide receiver corps

If he was on an actual NFL team he'd probably fare better. Also lol that Chicago may get the #1 again next year at the rate this is going

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Stroud would be doing just as poorly as Young if the Panthers drafted him. I don't think any rookie QB would have success there.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

fsif posted:

I didn't get the sense that Reich wanted Stroud from the clip. Did I miss something?
Not from that video, no. But there's been inferences made.
https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/status/1711736900594069622?s=20

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm sure the owner learned his lesson due to the Panthers picking the wrong QB entirely because of him. He won't meddle anymore!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I just remember back during the lead up to the draft hearing that ownership and the coaching staff were in a tug of war over which QB to pick. I don't remember who wanted who but. I'm assuming the owner got what he wanted.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Bojangles paid off the Carolina ownership

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Tepper and Haslem in competition for who can gently caress up their franchise more

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Jen X posted:

I think the giants have a real chance

Hey the Giants can actually put points on the board. The Patriots don't have any offense, a tired / dead defense, and questionable special teams. Just terrible all around!. The only bright side is that drives ticket prices down, so I might be able to go to a game.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Tepper and Haslem in competition for who can gently caress up their franchise more

It’s hard to beat Haslam on that end imo. I’m waiting for mid to late season blow up because of Deshaun not panning out and having a losing record

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Does anyone remember, I think it was 2004, when the "don't take your helmet off" penalty was inacted?

Week 1 a Browns player got called for it on a game ending play, they ended up losing specifically because of that penalty, and then they missed the playoffs by half a game.

I can see why, instead of debating whether the player taking his helmet off when he thinks it's a change of possession but maybe not is a penalty, the ref just said "put your helmet back on" and he did.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Drunk Nerds posted:

Does anyone remember, I think it was 2004, when the "don't take your helmet off" penalty was inacted?

Week 1 a Browns player got called for it on a game ending play, they ended up losing specifically because of that penalty, and then they missed the playoffs by half a game.

I can see why, instead of debating whether the player taking his helmet off when he thinks it's a change of possession but maybe not is a penalty, the ref just said "put your helmet back on" and he did.

Yeah I remember that it was Dwayne Rudd and the game was against the Chiefs. I remembered that because I was wondering if TJ Watt might get called for it and extend the drive but it was after the play so it didn't matter.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Codependent Poster posted:

Stroud would be doing just as poorly as Young if the Panthers drafted him. I don't think any rookie QB would have success there.

He’d be doing worse than he currently is but could very well do better than Bryce. I think Stroud is a better fit for whatever it is Reich is trying to do.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

It’s not like stroud is on a stacked team. His OL has had a ton of injuries and he’s throwing to Robert woods and nico collins. He does seem much better coached though.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Tank Dell erasure.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
An under-discused element of Stroud's success is the coaching around him. In this small sample size Demeco Ryan's seems like a terrific hire who has done a great job getting the best from his players.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Gatts posted:

It’s hard to beat Haslam on that end imo. I’m waiting for mid to late season blow up because of Deshaun not panning out and having a losing record

He's not there yet but he's doing his best to close the gap

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

An under-discused element of Stroud's success is the coaching around him. In this small sample size Demeco Ryan's seems like a terrific hire who has done a great job getting the best from his players.

Also Bobby Slowik is a Shanahan disciple who knows how call a good offense.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Drunk Nerds posted:

2002 opening weekend, Chiefs at Browns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He's not there yet but he's doing his best to close the gap

Who know's maybe Watson will be available again this offseason.