Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

nate fisher posted:

Jimmy Hyams is now saying that talks broke down over the $5 million dollar buyout.

so, clay travis was right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
jesus that feels gross to type

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

nate fisher posted:

Jimmy Hyams is now saying that talks broke down over the $5 million dollar buyout.

They want $340 million for Neyland Stadium renovations, and they want to hire Dorene? I can see some serious backlash.

That sounds to me like it really could have been chancellor refusing to sign off

Fire errbody

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Acelerion posted:

That sounds to me like it really could have been chancellor refusing to sign off

Fire errbody

I mean it feels like that's something you should clear with your boss before making a loving offer

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Hyams apparently said it was the loving president that refused.

Dude is like wheres loving waldo. Im surprised they could track him down to even ask.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
What is going on behind the scenes in Knoxville? University leadership is looking utterly inept in all facets of this. How can things be this dysfunctional?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Man was it really a week ago when it seemed like UF was on the brink of falling into the Bungled Coaching Search Chasm?

I thank gently caress we are not the University of Tennessee Volunteers right now. What a loving embarrassment.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Didn't they offer Gundy way more money.

So the prez must have not liked Brohm at all.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Off the top of my head (in no order) Leach, Miles, Norvell, Sumlin, Steele, Morris, Martin, Venables, and even Kiffin would be better hires than Dorene. I hope Dorene is just another false rumor.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Currie just needs to get over himself and offer Kiffen a very well paid and very conditional contract

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

*waves hands towards larry fedora*

he’s been ok outside of this year

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Of course, this has almost all been worth it to see Erik Ainge get absolutely buried on twitter

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Neil Armbong posted:

What is going on behind the scenes in Knoxville? University leadership is looking utterly inept in all facets of this. How can things be this dysfunctional?

I could go on for hours about this, but have you seen the Browns recently?

Its institutional incompetence on a historic level

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

he’s been ok outside of this year

idk i feel like they have under performed every year outside of 2015 and either started out terrible and got good, or started good and got terrible

their defense has also mostly been a hot mess every year

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Also goddammit I’m so mad they hosed up getting brohm the hell out of the Big Ten

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

MourningView posted:

Also goddammit I’m so mad they hosed up getting brohm the hell out of the Big Ten

Carousel isn't done yet and he's shown he can be got. The A&M/Jimbo stuff could kick off another wave.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

idk i feel like they have under performed every single year and either started out terrible and got good, or started good and got terrible

their defense has also mostly been a hot mess every year

I mean I dunno what your expectation for UNC is I guess. 7-8 wins feels fine. It’s what butch topped out at while cheating his rear end off

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

Neil Armbong posted:

Carousel isn't done yet and he's shown he can be got. The A&M/Jimbo stuff could kick off another wave.

That's the thing, if FSU called.......

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Acelerion posted:

I could go on for hours about this, but have you seen the Browns recently?

Its institutional incompetence on a historic level

It's almost like there's a common factor between the two...

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Any news on the Jimbo stuff? Last thing I saw was it being described as a ‘catastrophe.’

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

I mean I dunno what your expectation for UNC is I guess. 7-8 wins feels fine. It’s what butch topped out at while cheating his rear end off

i kind of feel like there's no real reason you can't compete for a division title, especially given how awful that division has been for the better part of his time there

like, its in a good recruiting area, they have plenty of money (though obvs not their focus)

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
I have been hired as the head football coach of the Tennessee volunteers.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Scionix posted:

dude loses to auburn and tech and his brain is busted

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Scionix posted:

You are hired as long as you haven’t coached at NC State.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/status/935976639221116930

Whoops

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Scionix posted:

I'm so sorry.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

i kind of feel like there's no real reason you can't compete for a division title, especially given how awful that division has been for the better part of his time there

like, its in a good recruiting area, they have plenty of money (though obvs not their focus)

Yeah, I'd say Fedora has been underwhelming, too. He's had a couple good seasons but they could've capitalized more.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I bet Tennessee will have accidentally suspended football operations by December 5th at the rate they are going

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Fedora has underwhelmed for sure, but I wonder how much the threat of sanctions (lol) hurt recruiting over recent years.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Lets run the program through twitter polls lol gently caress these guys

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

Fedora has underwhelmed for sure, but I wonder how much the threat of sanctions (lol) hurt recruiting over recent years.

they've had plenty of talent

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Just extend Hoke for a season and try again next year. Jesus. That’d royally gently caress up recruiting but not like this is faring much better.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Sash! posted:

I bet Tennessee will have accidentally suspended football operations by December 5th at the rate they are going

I'm expecting them to accidentally swap the football team with the women's basketball team.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Jesus Christ OSU make up your mind already, it's not like you're in a position to be picky about coaching candidates.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
2017 Carousel: Nothing is true, everything is permitted

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/ErikAinge3/status/935962421130334208

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Erik Ainge is and always has been a dumbass

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Why would you post such a cringey conversation you had. Dear lord.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
Why would anyone ever put themselves in a position to be part of that?!?!?! I mean, my sister once kissed 'Zo Martin, maybe I should ask her to ask him what its like to coach at UTK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Tfw lane kiffin questions your lack of decorum

This carousel has been far better than the football season

• Locked thread