Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

JustJeff88 posted:

Mine is impulse buying to a certain degree, but also a collector's drive as well. Another factor is that I take forever and try to 100% every game, and there are so many these days coming out so quickly from so many sources. Also, I keep going back and playing ToeJam & Earl from the Mega Drive, which is of course the greatest game of all time.

It's like Vampire TM Bloodlines. Every time someone mentions Toejam and Earl, I feel the need to go play it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=301acFz0a_A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Mierenneuker posted:

As the bombs are dropping, I sit safely in my fallout shelter. I look at the library of games that are amassed on a hard drive. It's finally time to play one of the Jagged Alliance games I bought on GOG, so many years ago.

Then suddenly the monitor breaks in a matter I know that can't be fixed. That's not fair. That's not fair at all!

There was time now. There was... was all the time I needed...

There's a knock at the vault door. I open, brandishing my knife. A dessicated ghoul of a man lies on the ground before me.

"Please..." he croaks "Blade Runner... I have to play it..."

An oily smile appears on my face as I put my knife away. "I'll see what I can do, my friend."

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
Following your reeducation and reintegration into gamer society, you will have all the time in the world to play games, until gamer party agents put a bullet in the back of your head without you ever knowing. Pray that your final moments are spent playing a game that is old and good, and not the mobile port of Dracula: The Resurrection

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

HopperUK posted:

It's like Vampire TM Bloodlines. Every time someone mentions Toejam and Earl, I feel the need to go play it again.

I apologise for nothing.

I badly, badly wanted to love Back in the Groove, but I don't. I've always enjoyed Mission to Earth on the XBox, though.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

davidspackage posted:

There's a knock at the vault door. I open, brandishing my knife. A dessicated ghoul of a man lies on the ground before me.

"Please..." he croaks "Blade Runner... I have to play it..."

An oily smile appears on my face as I put my knife away. "I'll see what I can do, my friend."

Desperately searching the nuclear wasteland for a still-extant copy of System Shock 2, but all I find is yet more Jack Keane 2...

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

davidspackage posted:

:( yeah, there's also several probably great games I haven't touched because I want to take my time for them and feel reluctant to start, because my time is limited.

edit: I'm really whining about first world problems here
That was my idea with Realms of Arkania: Star Trail but I feel like I've probably overshot by a few years and won't have the patience to play it now, also my eyes probably don't work well enough anymore lmao

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Mierenneuker posted:

As the bombs are dropping, I sit safely in my fallout shelter. I look at the library of games that are amassed on a hard drive. It's finally time to play one of the Jagged Alliance games I bought on GOG, so many years ago.

Then suddenly the monitor breaks in a matter I know that can't be fixed. That's not fair. That's not fair at all!

There was time now. There was... was all the time I needed...
:kiss:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Sick Futurama reference

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

MysticalMachineGun posted:

:hmmyes:

Yeah, I feel very lucky with Metal Gear Solid 2, apparently it got de-listed last year and still hasn't returned?

I wasn't going to buy that one quite yet, but someone in this thread I believe warned us that they were going to pull it, so I bought it.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

antidote posted:

Wheel of Time, yesss. Time to see if the nostalgia holds up. I had to upgrade my PC back when this came out to play it.

I think I have a disc copy of Wheel of Time I got a while ago. Maybe not super-surprising that's getting a re-release, given the TV series, but still a nice treat. Hoping it means that we'll get some more of the Legend Entertainment catalog in the future.

What's the game like? By the looks of it, it's a FPS but with magic spells instead of guns. Do you need to have read any of the Wheel of Time books to know what's going on?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Interesting note: Even though the sony store doesn't show up as integrated, those games still show up in my overall library. It's only in the main 'Games owned' tab, and there's no individual tab for it, but there is still a filter for that. I rather wish that it would go away. I can't play these games on PC, so I see no reason for them to be there.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I always got the impression Wheel of Time was more multiplayer focused but it sounded cool as gently caress

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I missed The Wheel of Time because these days Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption released and when they patched proper multiplayer we were hooked in LAN parties.

I'll give it a try soon enough.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Must be. 5 digit people wouldn't be shocked by its size, and 3 digit people wouldn't react that strongly. Epic alone his given out well over 200 games.

I like my GOG Galaxy app, but when Playnite showed me in the 4-digit group, I groaned at myself.

I mean, like 900 are from itch.io's Ukraine bundle, but still...
:smug:

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

DerekSmartymans posted:

I like my GOG Galaxy app, but when Playnite showed me in the 4-digit group, I groaned at myself.

I mean, like 900 are from itch.io's Ukraine bundle, but still...
:smug:

I've already lapped you, brother, and I didn't buy that bundle.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

JustJeff88 posted:

I've already lapped you, brother, and I didn't buy that bundle.

Itch.io bundles shouldn't be added to the mass videogame hoarders hall of fame :q:

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Guillermus posted:

Itch.io bundles shouldn't be added to the mass videogame hoarders hall of fame :q:

No argument here

snail
Sep 25, 2008

CHEESE!

JustJeff88 posted:

No argument here

Every game is fair game.

(Removing my itch.io bundles, I still am closer to 5 digits than 3. The shame is real, and my game libraries are specifically mentioned in my will)

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.

Guillermus posted:

I remember when people unironically said this about Humble Bundles!

itry
Aug 23, 2019

If itch continue with their crazy bundles, we better be getting an official itch plugin for galaxy :colbert:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Twobirds posted:

I remember when people unironically said this about Humble Bundles!

As big as Humble Bundles were, nothing stands against a 900 games bundle, jesus that's next-level cheating :colbert:

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

No WoT book knowledge needed. It sort of doesn't make sense in the context of the books. You'll still enjoy it.

It's an FPS but imagine like... 50 (?) weapons that sort of rock-paper-scissors each other. It was really fun multiplayer.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

itry posted:

If itch continue with their crazy bundles, we better be getting an official itch plugin for galaxy :colbert:

That itch bundle was the only reason I moved to playnight. I used galaxy beforehand, and still update all my individual launchers (amazon/epic/etc) once a week or so. I hate going to play Conan, for instance, and having to wait 10 minutes to update non-Conan launchers and games. I know there are workarounds like automation, but I do it all in the background while writing anyway, so don't want to mess up a routine that seems to work for me.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Robert Jordan liked the Wheel of Time game enough that he put a small reference to it in the books. Not that this means anything quality wise one way or the other just a fun fact

itry
Aug 23, 2019

DerekSmartymans posted:

That itch bundle was the only reason I moved to playnight. I used galaxy beforehand, and still update all my individual launchers (amazon/epic/etc) once a week or so. I hate going to play Conan, for instance, and having to wait 10 minutes to update non-Conan launchers and games. I know there are workarounds like automation, but I do it all in the background while writing anyway, so don't want to mess up a routine that seems to work for me.

Yeah, all those launchers are a pain. Which is why I'd rather use the ones I already have than install another one :v:

The Chad Jihad posted:

Robert Jordan liked the Wheel of Time game enough that he put a small reference to it in the books. Not that this means anything quality wise one way or the other just a fun fact

It means it's canon :byodood:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Does this release of Wheel of Time come with a renderer/patch built-in?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I very nearly missed this, but GOG just re-released the game 'People's General' a few days ago. I snapped that up in a trice. It's so nice to see them actually bring back a good, classic game that was lost to time, memory and evolving technology rather than put up for sale more of the usual semi-weekly piles of modern claptrap that has been the daily fare for so long.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

itry posted:

It means it's canon :byodood:

there are alternate dimensions and timelines and poo poo besides the whole cycle thing so it basically already was

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Hm, by that logic anything else is also canon to that universe. Like Dune. Or Doom 64.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Does anyone know a good price/sale tracking site for GOG? I've found a few ideas, but they are all multi-platform sites that confuse me greatly. My policy with digital PC games is GOG when I can, Steam if I must, elsewhere if neither of the above (which is very rare). SteamDB is fine for my second choice, but I was hoping for a GOG-specific tracker since GOG keys are rarely sold 3rd party.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

JustJeff88 posted:

Does anyone know a good price/sale tracking site for GOG? I've found a few ideas, but they are all multi-platform sites that confuse me greatly. My policy with digital PC games is GOG when I can, Steam if I must, elsewhere if neither of the above (which is very rare). SteamDB is fine for my second choice, but I was hoping for a GOG-specific tracker since GOG keys are rarely sold 3rd party.

This maybe? https://isthereanydeal.com/#/filter:gog

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Don't know any GOG specific ones but I just use IsThereAnyDeal for either, it tracks GOG prices and you can set games on the waitlist to only notify when they're on sale on specific stores. For your purpose you could eg. track Steam-activated games through SteamDB and set ITAD notifications for GOG.com only.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

I'll give this a try; I had utterly forgotten about it.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
There's a Warhammer promotion pack you can download that comes with a free copy of the original Chaos Gate, along with a bunch of coupons for various vendors that offer Warhammer stuff. https://www.gog.com/en/game/warhammer_skulls_2022_digital_goodie_pack

Bad news about the pack is that I think something got screwed up with the coupons, because the Warhammer Merchandise coupon lists an expiration date for August 31, 2021. I've been trying to apply a code for Koyo that gives a 20% for some pins, but it isn't accepting the code that was in the download pack, and I can't figure out why.

Still, the pack is worth getting for the original Chaos Gate, if you like XCOM style games. If you don't want to download the pack for whatever reason, I got an extra code (because I bought Chaos Gate in the past) so I can PM it to you.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
GOG's summer sale is starting and Sega is finally distributing their gamss on the service

https://www.gog.com/en/news/play_the_thrilling_alien_isolation_as_sega_is_partnering_with_gog

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Sanitarium as giveaway, it's a great point & click adventure if you haven't played it yet (great to go in blind too)

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Lucinice posted:

GOG's summer sale is starting and Sega is finally distributing their gamss on the service

https://www.gog.com/en/news/play_the_thrilling_alien_isolation_as_sega_is_partnering_with_gog

Yay maybe gog's wizards can fix some of the awful ps3 era pc ports like binary domain

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
I'm just hoping for Dawn of War

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

For this year's Summer sale, GOG is giving away one free game every 48 hours. The current free game is Shantae and the Pirate's Curse.

GOG is also doing that thing were a limited amount of digital copies of a game are available at a large discount every six hours. I remember Steam doing something like this with their Summer/Winter sales years ago and hating it. With that said I managed to get the base version of Frostpunk at 85% off last night. As of posting this, there's 8000 copies of LEGO Batman 3 at 89% off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Is that the sort of sale that had, uh, Jack Keane (?) up for ages, relatively, because no one bought that even discounted?