Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Aren't they working on a new Shrek?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Guy Mann posted:

Legend of Guardians was a massive bomb.

Legend of Guardians wasn't a massive bomb and also isn't a Dreamworks film. I think you mean Rise of the Guardians (perfectly understandable - even the Wikipedia page says "don't confuse this with the owl movie")

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

Black Lodge Palpek posted:

Yeah, they're legit good and I remembered each image from them without realizing that they were actual movie posters so mission accomplished. That was one hell of a photo session.

I read somewhere once that Kevin McKidd's character was also supposed to be part of that series, but he went away on his honeymoon instead of doing the photoshoot, presumably unaware of how iconic those posters would be. I wonder if that causes arguments in his marriage.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Guy Mann posted:

Give it another year or two, they've basically been in freefall ever since Shrek ended and Legend of Guardians was a massive bomb.

Eh, they had How To Train You Dragon, and it's not like the Kung Fu Panda or Madagascar serieses didn't make shittons.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Oct 18, 2016

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Also Trolls is tracking like mad across the world thanks to Justin Timberlake's song.

edit: Also you can go ahead and start printing money based on the upcoming Captain Underpants movie.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Oct 19, 2016

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Come spend a year with hottest slices of bread of TV's favorite mother-daughter sandwich.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Alhazred posted:

The tagline translates into "This is what danish movie critics looks like when they're enjoying a good movie".

Hell yeah, this poo poo's awesome.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The MSJ posted:

Come spend a year with hottest slices of bread of TV's favorite mother-daughter sandwich.

Nice to see Lauren Graham still needs to put her arm around Bledel to ensure that she hits her marks without looking down.

The first season is hard to watch because Bledel has no clue where to stand without staring at the floor.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Alexis Bledel is a horrible actress, and judging by those posters doesn't know the difference between a pained expression and a happy one. I still like those Gilmore girls though!

I'm going to have to look out for her staring at the floor now too.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Wow, Bledel looks almost totally different. Too much black hair I think.

See:

Kraps fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Oct 19, 2016

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

The MSJ posted:

They went a little overboard on airbrushing Lauren Graham's face. It's been 16 years since the show first aired. She's aged. You don't have to hide it so much.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nihonniboku posted:

They went a little overboard on airbrushing Lauren Graham's face. It's been 16 years since the show first aired. She's aged. You don't have to hide it so much.

Yeah, if you showed these to someone who had no idea what the gently caress Gilmore Girls was, you could probably get away with telling them Graham and Bledel are sisters.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Bogmonster posted:

I read somewhere once that Kevin McKidd's character was also supposed to be part of that series, but he went away on his honeymoon instead of doing the photoshoot, presumably unaware of how iconic those posters would be. I wonder if that causes arguments in his marriage.

I Googled him to see who he was in the film (Tommy) and the first results are about his divorce proceedings.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

How do I hold cup.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
You can't out-quirk the Gilmores.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It just seems so quaint now that a TV show based around "she had a baby young, wow they could almost be sisters" was a thing.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Nihonniboku posted:

It's not like Bledel doesn't still look like a baby.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Yoshifan823 posted:

Yeah, if you showed these to someone who had no idea what the gently caress Gilmore Girls was, you could probably get away with telling them Graham and Bledel are sisters.
I have not seen Gilmore Girls and this is accurate.

Also her cheekbones are absurd, she looks like she's wearing a Phantom mask (of the opera, not of the comic strip).

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

:jebstare:

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Just saw someone retweeting this.

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/788756392496668673

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Obviously.

dawww Baby Groot

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Gilmore Girls is the best tv show with "girl (s)" in the name but that poster is a bit off.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Gilmore Girls is the best tv show with "girl (s)" in the name but that poster is a bit off.

Sleeping on Golden Girls? For shame.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

edit: Well, poo poo, beaten.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dexo posted:

Obviously.

dawww Baby Groot

Gah... Gamora got the Laura Graham treatment there.

Otherwise, really cool poster. Everyone else looks good, though the first couple times I didn't even notice Rocket, let alone Groot.

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

Dexo posted:

Obviously.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nihonniboku posted:

Which is a shame because she's still very pretty.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Such a good poster!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Woebin posted:

I have not seen Gilmore Girls and this is accurate.

I haven't seen it either and my first thought was a lesbian couple.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Dexo posted:

Obviously.

dawww Baby Groot

Very Pretty in Pink-esque. I dig it.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Such a good poster!

Such a fanatically terrible film. Obviously. Still been meaning to get that poster.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

FreudianSlippers posted:

New Girl says you are no True American.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Golden Girls is the runner up.

I haven't seen enough of New Girl or Girls or Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place or Supergirl or Girl Meets World to really judge them but Gossip Girl is definitely the worst one.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Golden Girls is the runner up.

I haven't seen enough of New Girl or Girls or Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place or Supergirl or Girl Meets World to really judge them but Gossip Girl is definitely the worst one.

Two Broke Girls may be worse, unless you're really, really into double entendres.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What if the double entendres are about Lonely Boy and Chuck Bass?

you know you love me

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Guy Goodbody posted:

They still sell READ posters, unfortunately not the classics like those. It's all new celebrities kids will know, like Bella Thorne and William H Macy
Like how the Bill Gates one has used Apple's classic stylings.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

A movie about homeopathy?

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

flosofl posted:

Can't be. That women is not nearly diluted enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Power Rangers 'motion poster'.
https://twitter.com/ThePowerRangers/status/788796038941323264

flosofl posted:

It's a surreal horror movie, judging from the trailer: https://youtu.be/YVwQNDS-Zes