Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
New thread makes it easy to top the charts as it were.

When did command destroyers become a thing? I'm so happy that the corax hull is being used for something new, but are they super useful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Zephyrine posted:

Eh I need to post less. That's pretty terrible.

You should jump into the rest of the forums! What's your line of work?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Drythe posted:

Jesus gently caress, how am I so high?

you injected all the marijuanas?

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

Yes.

Join blackops_pub in jabber and look for the mumble blops channels and join foreign legion 1. Now is a good time to learn since we are half new guys and half vets shaking the rust off.

This is really tempting after winning Eve for two years :smithicide:

e:

Black Ops and Topgoon are the most fun I've had in MMOs (Why are MMOs so poo poo?) and I'm out sick all week. gently caress it.

apseudonym fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 7, 2016

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Deofuta posted:

When did command destroyers become a thing? I'm so happy that the corax hull is being used for something new, but are they super useful?

When done correctly yes. You can MJD a group of logi away from their fleet, or the DPS off the logi, etc. It's also used on station undocks to combat docking games and jumps people off their undocks to a quick death. Does not affects capital ships though.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Drythe posted:

Mother fucker I just realized my name starts with a d

It's me, im the pubbie

Dammit, me, too.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
Feels good to not be on that list.

Finally saw a command destroyer in action today, and it was cool! Maelstrom tried to play docking games and was promptly taken out back and shot. Neat mechanic.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

InternetJunky posted:

Ok, thanks. I will leave my space junk to collect dust then.

Speaking of collecting dust...

Did you know that now if you board a ship, leave it, and not use it for months it'll get rust/dust on it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJhHu_i7B0Q

ullerrm posted:

At some point I may have to pay to make that GIF an actual smiley. I don't know if I'd call it :deadtear: or :fnlnidiot: though.

Xolve is a good poster with regrettable choice in allies.

That's all.

Xolve gave me my first billion ISK for my "Do You Like Waffles?" AT ad :shobon:

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Apr 7, 2016

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

Please don't hurt my babies (much).

Edit - I also finally beat someone to renaming a station.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/outpost/0-ARFO

FYI more than one hordeling has raged out at me and we already have one confirmed "going back to wow"

Horde much like test and unlike PL or waffles is remarkably susceptible to what we do, mainly because they still think in brave newbies terms.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

ullerrm posted:

At some point I may have to pay to make that GIF an actual smiley. I don't know if I'd call it :deadtear: or :fnlnidiot: though.

That's all.

It's too big. its 18kb and 126x32

Needs reduces to 10kb and 90x25

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zephyrine posted:

Eh I need to post less. That's pretty terrible.

star citizen thread

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Drythe posted:

Jesus gently caress, how am I so high?

Lack of internal low content filter?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

If that's the problem I'll just have to accept the post count

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deofuta posted:

New thread makes it easy to top the charts as it were.

They are in fact very useful. Like it was said earlier, it's great for loving up the other fleets positioning or creating space for your group.

Here's me using my CD to snag a FCON guy off the Saranen undock. Just ignore how I missed grabbing the Iteron. :cripes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czKprt_2ujU

Anyway you can see the value in these things. The beauty of that clip is that I got the FCON dude to fire first, meaning he took station gun damage :black101:

Rhymenoserous posted:

FYI more than one hordeling has raged out at me and we already have one confirmed "going back to wow"

Horde much like test and unlike PL or waffles is remarkably susceptible to what we do, mainly because they still think in brave newbies terms.

That's unfortunate. I hope they were only angry for a little bit and calmed down and didn't actually unsub/quit the game. If not they actually did quit, I won't lie I'll be a little sad.

And by "what we do" you mean the whole "summer child" thing that CEO update went on about? I think overall a lot of our guys know fair fights etc. aren't really how EVE works etc. If this war teaches them anything hopefully its that and we can help them adapt to how it happens, which with stuff like Cloud Ring I think we did an OK job of. SMA were good for the sort of mutually friendly fights, but when Exodus or GSF came down and just out (insert whatever) Horde, not a lot of people got angry but I know some frustration was had by a few of the newer FCs used to the SMA fights. Then again we gained something like 2000 new members in the interim so that could also be a problem.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 7, 2016

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Unfunny Poster posted:

Couldn't get that out of my head when I watched that AT. That and may be two other commercials were actually good and not time-consuming groanfests.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r96z-3MZ6-w

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Eonwe posted:

star citizen thread

maybe derek smart is mad you are beating him on post count and thats who keeps changing your avatar?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Potato Salad posted:

Couldn't get that out of my head when I watched that AT. That and may be two other commercials were actually good and not time-consuming groanfests.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r96z-3MZ6-w

I actually made that ad shortly before I got kicked from Goons. :smith:

I was supposed to make a Jewbal one too for, I think, Aryth. It was supposed to use this song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lin-a2lTelg

Edit - The Horde one I made last year was pretty good too imho, as well as the animated PL ones.

Horde - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCusjLrMs4c

Pandemic Family - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcWyZEt8Z5o

PL - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbSghjxk-rg

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 7, 2016

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

Cygni posted:

maybe derek smart is mad you are beating him on post count and thats who keeps changing your avatar?

Just another D poster trying to cause trouble :argh:

Solfrann
Dec 28, 2015

Eonwe posted:

star citizen thread

it's too bad these posts aren't lines of code. the game might be finished.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Solfrann posted:

it's too bad these posts aren't lines of code. the game might be finished.

got damb

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

pugnax posted:

Feels good to not be on that list.

Finally saw a command destroyer in action today, and it was cool! Maelstrom tried to play docking games and was promptly taken out back and shot. Neat mechanic.

One of my Rheas was being camped into a station by an OSS sabre a few minutes ago. The sabre killed the cyno I had jumped to and the cynos pod was lingering on the undock. Then a Test command destroyer came to jump away the pod and he got the OSS sabre instead so the Rhea could undock and jump out :v:

With friends like these...

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Cygni posted:

Derek was being a big sook the other day because the thread found something else to laugh at and weren't slavering over whatever ~extinction level event~ he promised was approaching, but if he wanted to piss people off he'd have messed with P_Gabz' dancing cat avatar, not Eonwe's elephunt

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:pgabz:

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

First they took our systems, now they take our fourms. RIP.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

:eonwe: That smiley is one of the best things to come out of the SC thread :eonwe:

Samiz
Sep 10, 2013
Eve Online is just like the real world; everyone hates Goons but Goons don't give a poo poo

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

And by "what we do" you mean the whole "summer child" thing that CEO update went on about? I think overall a lot of our guys know fair fights etc. aren't really how EVE works etc. If this war teaches them anything hopefully its that and we can help them adapt to how it happens, which with stuff like Cloud Ring I think we did an OK job of. SMA were good for the sort of mutually friendly fights, but when Exodus or GSF came down and just out (insert whatever) Horde, not a lot of people got angry. Then again we something like 2000 new members in the interim so that could also be a problem.

Not unfair fights but literally providing nothing at all save an execution. Blackops game play is basically a case of superpredators in space.

The goal is to remove any real agency from one side and reduce them to the state of "Victim", not one side of a losing fight. It's psychological warfare that actually has a spaceship component.

It's mega effective when done well and has absolutely smashed big strong pvp groups in the past.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I got my paperback copy of Empires of Eve today. :toot:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

Not unfair fights but literally providing nothing at all save an execution. Blackops game play is basically a case of superpredators in space.

The goal is to remove any real agency from one side and reduce them to the state of "Victim", not one side of a losing fight. It's psychological warfare that actually has a spaceship component.

It's mega effective when done well and has absolutely smashed big strong pvp groups in the past.

Gotcha. Like I said, I haven't heard or seen anything like what you said happened but I wouldn't be surprised if that stuff does crop up.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Unfunny Poster posted:

Didn't I give you another billion for that agitprop gif of Grath driving a bus over TEST/HBC too?

I tried to be generous with my space dollars, I gave a bunch of poo poo away in Dodixie and Amarr a few times (PLEX, Machariels, other stuff), randomly increased EVE-Radio contest pools, and sometimes legitimately doubled peoples isk. When I app'd to PL there was a pretty hilarious anti-me post on test forums because 2 TSK members were bitter I wouldn't give them 20b each days before they got kicked from GSF.

ullerrm posted:

That's all.

I've been everywhere, at one point or another. TEST, Amokdotte, GoonWaffe, PL, Waffles, Fweddit, Noir., a bunch of lowsec groups, The 0rphanage (when that was a thing), RvB. I just like shooting spaceships, and don't really buy into all that 'You're in X alliance' so I have to hate you because space dad said so nonsense. I do enjoy stirring the pot from time to time, but that's mostly because there's little to no objective truth in EVE and people adamantly defend themselves against anything you might say in an light towards their in-game activities (i.e. telling Marmites highsec doesn't matter).

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you're on the "i dont post solely in the eve thread" side, at least i hope so cause you have an awful lot of posts to be eve thread only

I post here and there, mainly in games and it depends on either what I'm playing at the time, or how interested I am in the on-goings of said games (New Diablo3 seasons, WoW, Hearthstone, EVE, etc.).

Xolve fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 7, 2016

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

Zephyrine posted:

One of my Rheas was being camped into a station by an OSS sabre a few minutes ago. The sabre killed the cyno I had jumped to and the cynos pod was lingering on the undock. Then a Test command destroyer came to jump away the pod and he got the OSS sabre instead so the Rhea could undock and jump out :v:

With friends like these...

Not gonna find me claiming most of test isn't dumb as all hell. But +1 for emergent gameplay in any case, I'm really looking forward to all of the weird new mechanics that are going to keep trickling in.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I want the hardcover of Empires of EVE, is that a dumb idea? Is it a pretty enough book have sitting out?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xolve posted:

Didn't I give you another billion for that agitprop gif of Grath driving a bus over TEST/HBC too?

Yeah, I made that one too.

Drythe posted:

I want the hardcover of Empires of EVE, is that a dumb idea? Is it a pretty enough book have sitting out?

Nah, I sort of want it too despite having the kindle version already.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Something something blaze.

I'm too old to understand these references.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zephyrine posted:

420, is the weed number and has been since probably before you were born

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zephyrine posted:

Just blaze

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

420, is the weed number

Ah, cannabinoids. How does that relate to the number then?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zephyrine posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_%28cannabis_culture%29

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Zephyrine posted:

Smoke freighters erry' day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Zephyrine posted:

I don't think anyone really knows. At some point it just became the weed number

• Locked thread