Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How dumb was pushing back the draft?
This poll is closed.
Really dumb 58 11.09%
95 18.16%
121 23.14%
Too much mustard 249 47.61%
Total: 523 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Intruder posted:

"He's still a millionaire" isn't a great argument when he's still playing on his rookie deal and hasn't cashed in with his second contract yet. Sure he's made a couple million, but he was/is on track for a huge payday

Hmmm yes more money than a laborer would get in fifty years, before he's even logged more than a handful of seasons on his body. He could take the money and run at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
yeah because if NFL players are known for anything it's the kind of fiscal responsibility that allows for then to retire comfortably on their rookie contracts.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DangerKat posted:

yeah because if NFL players are known for anything it's the kind of fiscal responsibility that allows for then to retire comfortably on their rookie contracts.

Most NFL players aren't chill rear end stoners. Also he's still young. It's not like he can't still cash in somewhat on a deal after his suspension. Even so, he's still gonna have made like 3 mil+ even if he never plays another game.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 04:20 on May 31, 2014

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
gently caress josh gordon for pissing away incredible talent in order to smoke weed

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Rap posted:

gently caress josh gordon for pissing away incredible talent in order to smoke weed

Did he piss it away or was it a hair test?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Gordon should get cut by the Browns, serve a year suspension, go to the Broncos on a vet minimum salary, argue that it's legal in Colorado, and then help the Broncos lose in the AFCCG or Super Bowl again.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Nah he should sign with the Te-hahahaha Bob McNair wouldn't sign Aaron Rodgers if he suspected him of smoking the devil's weed

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Rap posted:

ahahahahahahhahahahahaha

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
"now watch this drive" - josh gordon, to davone bess

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Aldon and Josh can hang out and drink/smoke and call in bomb threats to LAX.

As long as we get deep bomb threats at Levi's.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
This might be the lamest waste of talent since Dwight Gooden. The combination of the league's MJ policy and Gordon's inability to stay away from it is so mind-numbingly stupid.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Josh Gordon's inner monologue:

What's more important, weed or an 8-figure contract? Hmm....yeah, gotta go with the weed man.

Oh what's that, it's 2017 and I'm selling used cars in the Texas heat? Hmmm again...where did I go wrong. Oh well :420:

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
OR he's a dude with other mental health issues that he's self medicating with weed but either way this sucks for my Football Team.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

MonsterWalk posted:

OR he's a dude with other mental health issues that he's self medicating with weed but either way this sucks for my Football Team.

lol why do goons always want it to be more than just "man who likes to smoke weed"

it's always like "well maybe he has glaucoma and aspergers"

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
If reefer makes you happy nigga blaze it.

Iron Clad Lou
Feb 12, 2008

Clearly, Gordon should be managing his pain with the unlimited opiate prescriptions dubiously obtained from team trainers.

Any other issues he has should be dealt with off the field with aggressive alcohol consumption.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MonsterWalk posted:

Wait what mental issues does he have? I never heard of that.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wait what mental issues does he have? I never heard of that.

Likes-Weed-More-Than-Football-itis

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Hello, please do not smoke weed when the NFL is already mad at you for smoking weed. Thanks.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Also I know it was the passenger that technically had the weed but come on now.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...

Ehud posted:

lol why do goons always want it to be more than just "man who likes to smoke weed"

it's always like "well maybe he has glaucoma and aspergers"

Because I find it easier to believe that someone who is making rash and incredibly poor decisions with their livelihood on line may have some form of mental health or emotional issues rather than "lol he dumb."

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Sometimes people are just dumb.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Iron Clad Lou posted:

Clearly, Gordon should be managing his pain with the unlimited opiate prescriptions dubiously obtained from team trainers.

Any other issues he has should be dealt with off the field with aggressive alcohol consumption.

managing his what

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

this is what addiction does

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Alternatively, quit smoking weed if you're out of your teens or don't have a medical condition

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...

Blitz7x posted:

Alternatively, quit smoking weed if you're out of your teens or don't have a medical condition

Look at this loving nerd.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Also tobacco is wacko

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
It's funny, because if it was a non-NFL player getting caught over and over by his company's casual drug testing policy, we would probably not, you know, assuming they're doing it from some deep-seated mental issue and just assume they're not too wise.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Grow up and rail lines of crushed up pain pills like the rest of the grown up world.

I dunno how much I'm joking anymore tbh

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I don't know, I don't think it's a huge stretch to say when Gordon has a pattern of ridiculous, maladaptive behavior it might be mental illness; isn't the definition of mental illness demonstrating maladaptive, inappropriate, or otherwise abnormal thoughts and behaviors? Then he's not dumb for not learning from his mistakes or seeing the consequences of his actions in "normal" perspective, he has legitimate difficulty or inability in doing so. Lots of people are considered short-sighted or arrogant, but if they are so to an extreme extent, it's what we call mental illness.

None of us know whether this applies to Gordon, but based on what we've seen from him recently I don't think it sounds too outrageous that he has some pretty big issues; I don't know whether it crosses fully into a full-blown diagnosis, but something doesn't seem right. And it's not like any goons are trying to prescribe a specific therapy or something, people are just acknowledging Gordon has been pretty off base with his love of pot.

DyneAvenger
Aug 26, 2005

Bru-Tang Clan member:
Nose Face Killah

Thaddius the Large posted:

I don't know, I don't think it's a huge stretch to say when Gordon has a pattern of ridiculous, maladaptive behavior it might be mental illness; isn't the definition of mental illness demonstrating maladaptive, inappropriate, or otherwise abnormal thoughts and behaviors? Then he's not dumb for not learning from his mistakes or seeing the consequences of his actions in "normal" perspective, he has legitimate difficulty or inability in doing so. Lots of people are considered short-sighted or arrogant, but if they are so to an extreme extent, it's what we call mental illness.

None of us know whether this applies to Gordon, but based on what we've seen from him recently I don't think it sounds too outrageous that he has some pretty big issues; I don't know whether it crosses fully into a full-blown diagnosis, but something doesn't seem right. And it's not like any goons are trying to prescribe a specific therapy or something, people are just acknowledging Gordon has been pretty off base with his love of pot.

I think he just really likes weed

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

My guess is he really likes weed because he is depressed or anxious or way too fuckin' sober and he got stuck with DD

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I knew quite a few pilots at my old job who stuck to coke since it didn't stay in your system over 3 days. Just for drug tests.

Some people need vices

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

We can't rule out depression. He plays in Cleveland.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe he just wants to leave the league on his terms rather than waiting for the career ending staph infection or horrific accident that comes with being a good player on the Browns.

Bigass Moth posted:

Josh Gordon's inner monologue:

What's more important, weed or an 8-figure contract? Hmm....yeah, gotta go with the weed man.

Oh what's that, it's 2017 and I'm selling used cars in the Texas heat? Hmmm again...where did I go wrong. Oh well :420:

Bullshit, he could become a spokesman for a dispensary or a vape pen or something.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 18:19 on May 31, 2014

horseblow.avi
Jul 10, 2004

NEEEEIGHHHHH!
Unless the officer smelled it, the weed shouldn't have been found in the first place. Reports are that it was in a duffel bag or something (i.e. out of sight), and Gordon was pulled over for going 74 in a 60, so why the gently caress was the officer searching the car? The police officer probably pulled the "hey can I search your car?" bullshit. Yes it was stupid for Gordon to agree, but I hate it when cops pull that crap. They shouldn't be allowed to try to trick people into unreasonable searches.

I guess we will find out how the search came about soon enough though.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

horseblow.avi posted:

Unless the officer smelled it, the weed shouldn't have been found in the first place. Reports are that it was in a duffel bag or something (i.e. out of sight), and Gordon was pulled over for going 74 in a 60, so why the gently caress was the officer searching the car? The police officer probably pulled the "hey can I search your car?" bullshit. Yes it was stupid for Gordon to agree, but I hate it when cops pull that crap. They shouldn't be allowed to try to trick people into unreasonable searches.

I guess we will find out how the search came about soon enough though.

All they have to do is bring a dog up, and if it hits, guess what it's not unreasonable. He was obviously on a highway or interstate or something, and it's not uncommon for highway cops to just go ahead and check if you're a drug trafficker while they got you there. Especially if the people in the car are acting really sketchy.

horseblow.avi
Jul 10, 2004

NEEEEIGHHHHH!

Volkerball posted:

All they have to do is bring a dog up, and if it hits, guess what it's not unreasonable. He was obviously on a highway or interstate or something, and it's not uncommon for highway cops to just go ahead and check if you're a drug trafficker while they got you there. Especially if the people in the car are acting really sketchy.

Officers aren't allowed to make you wait around to wait for a dog unit though. They have to ticket you and let you go in a reasonable amount of time. Of course they don't tell you that.

Details will come out, but I've had friends get hosed around with by local law enforcement and it's ridiculous. I even had one who tried really hard to find a reason to search my car when he pulled me over for having expired tags. The tags were expired by 2 days into the new month. Not cool.

horseblow.avi fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 31, 2014

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Volkerball posted:

It isn't uncommon for highway cops to check and see if you're a drug trafficker? Really? Funny, that. My mom has gotten pulled over for speeding dozens of times and she never got searched for drugs. (Maybe not dozens of times, but she drives like a mad woman) in fact, I've never seen a car on the side of the road with a middle aged woman sitting there in handcuffs while the Chippies tear the vehicle apart. I've never seen them do it to a family either, and personally I think that's a great way to smuggle drugs because no one checks families like that. In fact, it seems like the only time it is common for an officer to toss a car is when it is a youth, usually a minority.

Let's not try and pretend that searching a car without probable cause is something that happens to the average American.

P.s. Obviously if they reeked of weed or some poo poo this all goes out the window. But if their only crime was speeding then I'd really love to know what the thought process behind a drug search was.

Parlett316 posted:

If reefer makes you happy nigga blaze it.

This man gets it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

MonsterWalk posted:

Because I find it easier to believe that someone who is making rash and incredibly poor decisions with their livelihood on line may have some form of mental health or emotional issues rather than "lol he dumb."

have you ever interacted with people before

• Locked thread