Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Ok i get it now, it would be easier to show it off properly by just extending you arm down instead of turning around and twisting your arm

Lol, had no idea that there would be in jokes in the tatoo artist community

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Hihohe posted:

Ok i get it now, it would be easier to show it off properly by just extending you arm down instead of turning around and twisting your arm

Lol, had no idea that there would be in jokes in the tatoo artist community

I have a tattoo that is upside down in the same spot no matter which way you want to view it from (the image is facing me, but there's liquid in the image being pulled the correct direction by gravity). I love it. It makes everyone mad.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Captain Monkey posted:

I don't have tats either, but the tattoo is upside down when showing it to other people, and it's a common industry/alt culture joke that people new to getting tats make that mistake.

Basically there's people who view it as objectively a mistake and then people who correctly recognize it as a matter of personal preference that's no one else's business. But every scene has social norms that people try to use to snob their way to credibility. :shrug:

Grassy Knowles posted:

I have a tattoo that is upside down in the same spot no matter which way you want to view it from (the image is facing me, but there's liquid in the image being pulled the correct direction by gravity). I love it. It makes everyone mad.

This is how you do it

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I used to watch the reality TV series Ink Master which was about tattoo artists and there's a whole bunch of rules for tattoo placement and which way a tattoo should be facing and the judges would yell at contestants who hosed it up. But quite often an artist would do a tattoo 'wrong' because that's what the client asked for and they were more concerned about giving them a tattoo that meant something to them rather than earn points in the competition.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I used to watch the reality TV series Ink Master which was about tattoo artists and there's a whole bunch of rules for tattoo placement and which way a tattoo should be facing and the judges would yell at contestants who hosed it up. But quite often an artist would do a tattoo 'wrong' because that's what the client asked for and they were more concerned about giving them a tattoo that meant something to them rather than earn points in the competition.

I used to do transcription on ink master footage (as did at least a few other goons in the early to mid 2010s). Trying to verbatim those softspoken mealymouthed fuckers really inspires you to loving hate the masculine gatekeepy tattoo culture.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

one would think that would be the right way, seeing as it's commissioned art. i say this as someone with tattoos properly placed, though its hard to mess up a shoulder and upper arm placement

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
also arms are capable of rotating partially around both the elbow and the shoulder joint; any direction on an arm could be up, depending on how you orient it

legs too if you're bold

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I have a horizontal arm tattoo so it's the right way up to me and to other people looking at it

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Grassy Knowles posted:

I used to do transcription on ink master footage (as did at least a few other goons in the early to mid 2010s). Trying to verbatim those softspoken mealymouthed fuckers really inspires you to loving hate the masculine gatekeepy tattoo culture.

What exactly is that?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

What exactly is that?

Transcription of the words said in footage of the show Ink Master?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Transcribing footage from the television show, Ink Master. Presumably for subtitling purposes or some such.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ah yes I was parsing that all wrong. Thanks.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

What they said, but it’s typically captioning their unedited footage before it goes through the whole episode-making machine, I do believe they engage more professional captioning services when it comes to episodes but i also wasnt going to watch it on tv to find out

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
What you need is a tattoo of a symbol that is radially symmetrical so that it looks right from every angle. Might as well make it a bold geometric design too, to really grab those eyeballs. But something with a complex legacy, so it's meaningful. Give me a moment

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Something with dignity

*dickbutt*

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Tree Bucket posted:

What you need is a tattoo of a symbol that is radially symmetrical so that it looks right from every angle. Might as well make it a bold geometric design too, to really grab those eyeballs. But something with a complex legacy, so it's meaningful. Give me a moment

I think I'm picking up what you're putting down. You're talking about the cool s, aren't you?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

perhaps a pair...

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Desperately hunting for a tattoo artist that will do a perfectly accurate goatman across my fat gut

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Kitfox88 posted:

Desperately hunting for a tattoo artist that will do a perfectly accurate goatman across my fat gut

I just checked with the International Federation of Independent Tattooists and it turns out that while everyone is more than happy to spend days lovingly inking out Kirk Johnson's finest moment, no one wants to see you shirtless.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

What exactly is that?

SiKboy posted:

Transcription of the words said in footage of the show Ink Master?

And here we see why capital letters were invented.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

one of my favorite elden ring moments was finding a player message that just said "up, dog!", chuckling, and moving on, only to be ambushed by like 7 wolves that literally fall from the sky and attack you

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Doctor Butts posted:

Woke is like rain on your wedding day. It's a free ride when you already paid. It's the good advice that you just didn't take.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Woah there, Communist.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Kingo Ligma posted:

I just checked with the International Federation of Independent Tattooists and it turns out that while everyone is more than happy to spend days lovingly inking out Kirk Johnson's finest moment, no one wants to see you shirtless.

oh thank god finally i agree with the popular consensus

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Captain Monkey posted:

I don't have tats either, but the tattoo is upside down when showing it to other people, and it's a common industry/alt culture joke that people new to getting tats make that mistake.

Wait, people really do that? "Haha, dumbass, you got the tattoo where YOU could see it instead of others, which is an objective mistake because showing off is the only purpose of a tattoo"

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Tree Bucket posted:

turn off your monitor

see, you need something that works mirrored as well

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
getting tattoos of dan brown ambigrams to win internet arguments

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

christmas boots posted:

I think I'm picking up what you're putting down. You're talking about the cool s, aren't you?

I am ALWAYS talkin bout the cool s

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pet Island moderator spotted.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Nah, the lizards were still alive

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Kitfox88 posted:

Make it a tiny one instead and put your belly button to work.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
A tiny goatse.

That's something even I could manage.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hold it open, tiny goatse

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

hold it open, tiny goatse

No ring on the Hershey highway

2/10

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:regd10: RE: Worst James Bonds Ever :regd10:

windhoop posted:

DEFINITLY TIMATY DALTON more like license to bore me to death LOL! but seriously i like your guys forum I hope I fit in here :P~

PEc out

_.------.__
/' ``~\_
/~' // `\
/ ( _ //\// _ ) )
( / /' ` /' ` //
( )`(/ o) ( o)\/
( /` ____ \ ( -' /) )
((_.-~~ _ ~~-._ \ \ ( '~ )
`~--._-- ~~\ ( /__.-.-._,/
_.---~~~__ --- _.-~ ) \`-) `\ ~~~,/ /'
`~~~~~~----.___.--~ `\_.-~ \ `~~~ /
WiNdHoOp / `\._ /'
/ /`--~'
`-.__ /
`~~'

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Spanish Manlove posted:

I'm curious about neuroplastic effects of stimulation levels and neurological disorders like ADHD and depression. Like is it detrimental to a person's ability to focus if they play a game and listen to a podcast/stream/etc simultaneously on a regular basis and could there be biomarker changes in learning and memory centers of the brain in animal models exposed to constant multimodal stimuli?

pog boyfriend posted:

imagine someone going into this forum like what the gently caress is something awful discussion, they see a thread with one million posts about "sagas thread" and they read this post first

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I first registered looking for filez after having been a front page reader for years but never checking the forums. The first thing I saw was a forum called something like "the new files forum" which turned out to be fyad and drat near never came back.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Should have listened

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:pathetic: trolling attempt

capt rhodes posted:

How dare you fucks come on to the board.I know how to handle trash like all of you.Bring it on deuche bags

http://ruthlessreviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4993

Team Ruthless

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Also highly encouraged* to check out the rest of OP's posts for more funny** forum quotes

Like these:

capt rhodes posted:

I CAME HERE TO TELL YOU TO STAY OFF THE SITE .STOP YPUR SPAMING NOW AND I WILL TELL JONNY NOT TO TAKE ANY LEGAL ACTION AGAIST SA

capt rhodes posted:

You all think your tough don't you?gently caress YOUR BOARD!!!gently caress YOUR BOARD!!!gently caress YOUR BOARD!!!gently caress YOUR BOARD!!!gently caress YOUR BOARD!!!gently caress YOUR BOARD!!!gently caress YOUR BOARD!!!gently caress YOUR BOARD!!!gently caress YOUR BOARD!!!gently caress YOUR BOARD!!!gently caress YOUR BOARD!!!gently caress YOUR BOARD!!!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

bossy lady posted:

Do the australian kmarts also have a little caesars built into them or do they have some weird australian equivalent instead?

Captain Hygiene posted:

They do, but it's called Little C-words over the

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Definitely a gimmick. Captain Rhodes is the rear end in a top hat military man from Day of the Dead.