Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Also 3x of a map turns into a higher tier map, that's what I've been doing with spare low tiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Honestly I find below level 90, running tier 8-10 maps is just better exp/time than running higher level maps. I'm sort of regretting using my 11-13 maps earlier when they will probably be more useful once I hit 90+.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

JawnV6 posted:

How are you rolling them? For t1, you should be transmuting then rolling Alts until it's +30% quality with mods you can handle. If you're feeling cheeky and/or flush with currency, alching lower tiers can get you quality in the 50-70% range and boost your pool. Although most folks recommend saving alchs for T9 or higher.

To get an unid Museum, can I sell 5 id'd alch'd ones? This is part of my 'too many low maps' problem, so perhaps I should be looking up chisel recipes instead.

StashAugustine posted:

Also 3x of a map turns into a higher tier map, that's what I've been doing with spare low tiers.

So 3 rare Wharf -> 1 un-ID'd rare Museum would be the cheaper option.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

JawnV6 posted:

How are you rolling them? For t1, you should be transmuting then rolling Alts until it's +30% quality with mods you can handle. If you're feeling cheeky and/or flush with currency, alching lower tiers can get you quality in the 50-70% range and boost your pool. Although most folks recommend saving alchs for T9 or higher.

To get an unid Museum, can I sell 5 id'd alch'd ones? This is part of my 'too many low maps' problem, so perhaps I should be looking up chisel recipes instead.

I would never waste alts rerolling T1 maps unless you want to run a specific map for a divination card or something. I transmute, aug and only ever alt if it rolls whichever reflect mod my build can't do. Up to T7 or so you will have zero issues sustaining map drops like that, I start doing Alch and go around T8.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I just found a 6L Full Scale Armor (level 28 req, 112 armor and 112 evasion).

Given that my current gear is worth about 20 chaos total, is it worth selling it white or try to spend a few chaos to get some decent stats on it? I'm dual RF totem, so the 6th link isn't really worth that much to me I don't think and I think I'd rather sell the 6L and stick with my 5L.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Sloober posted:

Why not at least vendor those maps for a tier higher. Yeah you would probably find them if you actually ran the map, but it does save time.
I do that too. This leads to things like 2 pits, 2 deserts, 2 dungeons, 2 dunes... :v:

I'm just getting into t10 map territory and ran my first couple tier 11 maps yesterday (and lost half of one thanks to the server exploding at a bad time). I should stick with the 7-10 pool for a while, though, I'm not even level 80 on my highest character.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

theshim posted:

I can only find so many hammers!

act 2 normal, clear our chamber of sins level 1 and level 2 a few times.

I get lots and lots and lots of hammer drops doing this.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

gonadic io posted:

Given that my current gear is worth about 20 chaos total, is it worth selling it white or try to spend a few chaos to get some decent stats on it? I'm dual RF totem, so the 6th link isn't really worth that much to me I don't think and I think I'd rather sell the 6L and stick with my 5L.

what's the ilevel?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Mortimer posted:

what's the ilevel?

e: whoops, I initially put 75 but that's the chest that I'm wearing

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
Thanks for the map info, I really only ran one t1 map just to see how well I could do it (spoiler: RF totems give no fucks) and didn't get any maps in it, so I'll look for zana groups/do more t1 maps now

theshim posted:

I can only find so many hammers!

I've actually saved all my hammers leveling this and another character and I have almost 3 stash tabs full of them. This is one of the reasons why I want more maps :v:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Mortimer posted:

trapper archer and totems are all nice options

Why not do archer and totem at the same time?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Uberness/characters

Been liking siege ballista iron commander, never done totems before, but it's nice being able to have 4-5 of them out without any of the downsides of stuff like ancestral bond or soul mantle or spell totem sockets.

Their range is the entire screen and they melt anything they touch, make for a decent meatshield with their numbers and knockback, the build starts off pretty cheap, but to min/max and grab extra dex it can get more costly, 600 dex for 4 totems is perfectly fine though, build can be either a deadeye or a champion duelist.

It can be pretty flexible or fill every slot with unique items, resists are a bitch though.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Cinara posted:

I would never waste alts rerolling T1 maps unless you want to run a specific map for a divination card or something. I transmute, aug and only ever alt if it rolls whichever reflect mod my build can't do. Up to T7 or so you will have zero issues sustaining map drops like that, I start doing Alch and go around T8.
Sure, you wouldn't. When advising someone who has literally 0 T2 maps, discussing the break point between T6 and T9 at which a perfectly price-aware player would be justified in spending 1/13th of a chaos orb on a reroll didn't seem pertinent and the 30% guideline that'll hold through t5 seemed easier to bring up.

Elerion
May 31, 2011

gonadic io posted:

A 6th link is crazy valuable to some builds, so if it's not too valuable for you, I would sell it and upgrade something else.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Elerion posted:

A 6th link is crazy valuable to some builds, so if it's not too valuable for you, I would sell it and upgrade something else.

Sell it white though, or try to chaos it to get something good? (ilvl 68)

Elerion
May 31, 2011

gonadic io posted:

Sell it white though, or try to chaos it to get something good? (ilvl 68)

Since it's such a low level base I'd probably sell it white, since mods will likely boost the required level and make it disappear from some mid-level searches. Any mediocre rolls won't increase the price anyway.

JawnV6 posted:

Sure, you wouldn't. When advising someone who has literally 0 T2 maps, discussing the break point between T6 and T9 at which a perfectly price-aware player would be justified in spending 1/13th of a chaos orb on a reroll didn't seem pertinent and the 30% guideline that'll hold through t5 seemed easier to bring up.

I see your point, but spending alterations on low level maps to boost quantity is just poor advice when you can buy white T3-4 maps for 2 alts each, and white Tier 6-7 maps for 4 alts each.

The only maps I would alteration at low tiers are good layouts (tropical, ledge, etc) which roll impossible mods (reflect, etc).

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
If your build isn't super restrictive on what mods it can do just alchs your maps. And don't buy maps unless they are gorges. You'll get to having a stable supply of yellows soon enough. And transmutting and augging maps is boring. (This is all standard tips if you are hardcore then not arching till later is probably safer. Idk.).

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Elerion posted:

I see your point, but spending alterations on low level maps to boost quantity is just poor advice when you can buy white T3-4 maps for 2 alts each, and white Tier 6-7 maps for 4 alts each.

The only maps I would alteration at low tiers are good layouts (tropical, ledge, etc) which roll impossible mods (reflect, etc).

This is it exactly, low tier maps are practically free. Hell if you asked in global or are in any guild I am sure there's someone who would give you maps.

poo poo, if you're on now I will give anyone maps from T1-7 as long as you don't care what map it is, I have a couple tabs full of maps I will never run.

@Cinara

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Zizziran or however you spell it has a good guide to maps and how to somewhat sustain red maps. I'll post it when I get home if someone can't Google and post it first.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Said video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-XnuS0OxX8

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i cant even really sustain high yellows right now. im stuck at like 8-9 with occasional 10s and 11s and i alch everything and even scour/re-alch when i get crappy low iiq combos

e:^^thanks that has some helpful tips

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 4, 2016

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Zizaran's "guide" is just "roll for pack size mods on all yellows and 2x packsize mods on reds, also make very liberal use of Zana crafting." It's something people are pretty much already doing without looking at his guide. He also starts chiseling at like T9 or T10 or something, when math says you should only chisel 12+.

FYI someone on Reddit did a scrape of PHC top 1000 now that we're further into the league. As expected, Champion is more popular than like half the other ascendancies combined. Worth nothing, though, that Guardian and Pathfinder, two classes that were at the very bottom of representation in GGG's early list which I felt were really powerful, are now actually really well represented, as well as having really good alive:dead ratios (Guardian by far the best, Pathfinder at #3 behind Saboteur).

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have a vaguely economical WI build guide? a great roll 6s one dropped for me so I figure I might as well, I just don't have the several hundred exalts needed to do the "typical" build.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ultima66 posted:

Zizaran's "guide" is just "roll for pack size mods on all yellows and 2x packsize mods on reds, also make very liberal use of Zana crafting." It's something people are pretty much already doing without looking at his guide. He also starts chiseling at like T9 or T10 or something, when math says you should only chisel 12+.

FYI someone on Reddit did a scrape of PHC top 1000 now that we're further into the league. As expected, Champion is more popular than like half the other ascendancies combined. Worth nothing, though, that Guardian and Pathfinder, two classes that were at the very bottom of representation in GGG's early list which I felt were really powerful, are now actually really well represented, as well as having really good alive:dead ratios (Guardian by far the best, Pathfinder at #3 behind Saboteur).

How not surprising that having perma fortify would not be popular lmao.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Is anyone else having particular lag issues in labryinth or do I just notice it more there?

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
Last night I got a shavs on HC from Cadiro for 4k coins and rolled it to 6L in ~100 jewelers and ~50 fuse. Spent most of my chromes getting GGGBBB. Threw it on my CI occultist mine bladefall char and spent about 25c on prism guardian and new es gear to fix my resists.
8k ES+ 300hp, clarity, grace, disc in prism guardian and tri curse on my heretics veil helm. Max res, chaos res is -10 or so.

Time to do the easy labyrinth. Died to the first loving spikey rolling pins.

RIP ~25ex..

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lmao ripppp

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

climboutonalimb posted:

Last night I got a shavs on HC from Cadiro for 4k coins and rolled it to 6L in ~100 jewelers and ~50 fuse. Spent most of my chromes getting GGGBBB. Threw it on my CI occultist mine bladefall char and spent about 25c on prism guardian and new es gear to fix my resists.
8k ES+ 300hp, clarity, grace, disc in prism guardian and tri curse on my heretics veil helm. Max res, chaos res is -10 or so.

RIP ~25ex..

Lab is incredibly brutal on lowlife builds, all that reserved life still counts for how much damage traps do to you.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I don't know if I could do labyrinth on hardcore without keeping my anus clenched the entire time.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

meanwhile on my life/armor totem dude i can just laugh at the traps and izzy himself now. ran that awesome layout last night probably 20 times and just ran through with perma quicksilver

definitely died to the traps a few times in normal though

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

Cinara posted:

Lab is incredibly brutal on lowlife builds, all that reserved life still counts for how much damage traps do to you.

No kidding! At least I have my voltaxic spark champion going strong on HC...

I was just super excited to have my Very First Shav's and Very First non-Tabula 6 Link that I assumed I was invincible. Man, was I wrong...

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

climboutonalimb posted:

No kidding! At least I have my voltaxic spark champion going strong on HC...

How is a duelist Champion spark compared to a scion spark?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

climboutonalimb posted:

RIP ~25ex..

Let me use that in standard. Love you long time!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
We're finally getting a lightning golem (seemed odd to not have one considering Elementalist's Liege of the Primordial (which BTW is quite awesome at keeping your golem alive)), grants increased attack and cast speed for you and your minions, does ranged attacks only.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I maxed my resistances and got some 4l skills and am having a much better time, thanks for the tips!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Don't be afraid to look up unique items you can use for leveling, most of the leveling uniques are vendored, those that aren't are sold for a couple alteration orbs or at most a alchemy.

You can pick up a good 4 socket goldrim that'll last you pretty much until level 80 on every character, couple lifesprigs on every caster until you can get your real unique item, various leveling melee weapons in the <1 alch range all the way to 60.

If you want to be self-found instead of buying off someone else for 2 minutes, just focus on getting 3-4 link socket whites or blues and transmute or alt them, keep your potions updated especially at 30 for the colossal health potion spike and just use whatever weapon gives you the best damage at any given moment.

I've never had problems in normal difficulty in recent memory, even when starting fresh on a league.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
So if I got enough divination cards to turn in for a corrupted unique "sword" should I do it now (at 55) or wait until I'm level 82 or whatever the ilvl cap is if I want to maximize the chance of getting something cool/useful? Can it give me things I can't equip yet?

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Zombies' Downfall posted:

So if I got enough divination cards to turn in for a corrupted unique "sword" should I do it now (at 55) or wait until I'm level 82 or whatever the ilvl cap is if I want to maximize the chance of getting something cool/useful? Can it give me things I can't equip yet?

Do it whenever, they aren't based on your level.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

climboutonalimb posted:

Sorry about your build. On a lighter side, this started playing through my head as I read your post: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXW02XmBGQw&t=20s

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I was wondering how this low life ES based guy did the lab https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4ddcrz/solo_guardian_vs_twinned_t15_phc_i_am_not_your/

And then I see his defenses :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Me and the boyfriend started this up again and have been playing together, just got to the start of Act 3 last night. He's running an elemental witch and I'm running a physical ranger.

I can't seem to pick a set of skills and stick with them though. There seems to be a lot of good options for bows. Right now I've been running Lightning Arrow with Increased Attack Speed & Increased Critical Strikes as my main thing along with Frenzy for singletarget and to build up buff stacks, Blood Rage because being a bowzerker is cool, and Herald of Ash for even more fire damage because I have Blackgleam (donated by the boyfriend since he had it sitting around as a reward from when he did a race awhile back). Suggestions for any skills to look for that will be useful or just fun to use would be cool.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Apr 5, 2016

• Locked thread