Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

LegalPad posted:

Are you saying forcing upgrades is more cost effective on average?
His C in AP Stats trumps collective wisdom of nearly 18 months that people have played this game, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
Always force upgrade and always tell other people to force upgrade because it causes extreme sperg explosions in guild chat.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Yo just neg the upgrade until it succeeds for you. Let me explain.

Attractive enchants have a tendency to give off a bitch vibe. This is a conditioned response. They get upgraded on at work, at the gym, on the street and when they are in bars or clubs it’s just too much and 99% of these players are drunk idiots. So, in thier defence is to fail stack. They might let you upgrade to five but then the enchant bails and laughs with the other enchants about it. If the enchants really good, it can get the clueless guy to buy black armour upgrades for all its friends too. You’ll take the black armour but they won’t respect you. .

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ohsosad posted:

Always force upgrade and always tell other people to force upgrade because it causes extreme sperg explosions in guild chat.
What it actually does is griefing newbies, go do that it Parks and Rec.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Drinkfist posted:

I war decced that poo poo the before I finished reading their loving macro.

We're at war with them now as well.

Anyone know their primary channel?

ohsosad posted:

Or you could give new players who don't know better (there are a lot) in your own guild legitimately good advice, and save the trolling for world chat.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

We're at war with them now as well.

Anyone know their primary channel?

I would assume the channel they said to go to for invites

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

just got a quest to meet lionel riche best game ever

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Drythe posted:

I would assume the channel they said to go to for invites

Well if goons are anything to go by, our main channel isn't usually where our PVP-leveled players are out farming, etc.

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

I was in the world boss red nose take down on Uno last night. Few points of advice for people that haven't done it.

Prepare to die, I'd recommend having a back up set of gear sans crystals in your storage because they are going to all explode.

Don't bother using potions, specifically health pots, it's a waste because he was one shotting everyone.

Don't even bother fighting unless you've freshly leveled or you will lose all of your XP. Or spend ~35 bucks on Elion's Tears.

The first phase is pretty easy, stand back until he does the belly flop then go in and DPS for the 5 or so seconds, if you aren't ranged this is the only time you should be close to him.

The second phase he does a triple jump and then the belly flop, getting DPS in at this point starts getting really hard.

In the final phase he does the same thing but adds a battle cry/roar type of AoE that will kill everyone within a pretty wide radius around him, go in for DPS right before and after the roar but be really careful at the peak of the animation. Melee heroes should just grab popcorn at this point as he only belly flops about once every five minutes.

Prepare to not really get dick, I was shooting arrows into him for 3 1/2 hours with 99 AP at level 51 and got about 100k silver and a mid tier ancient crystal. I lost 3 mil+ in crystals. One of the people there out of about 100 got a liverto weapon bundle. I did however DC when he was at about 40% so I may have dropped in the loot table, I think it's based off of DPS done.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
that sounds terrible

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

kalstrams posted:

What it actually does is griefing newbies, go do that it Parks and Rec.

Sorry there's an intensive no fucks allowed policy

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

I was in the world boss red nose take down on Uno last night. Few points of advice for people that haven't done it.

Prepare to die, I'd recommend having a back up set of gear sans crystals in your storage because they are going to all explode.

Don't bother using potions, specifically health pots, it's a waste because he was one shotting everyone.

Don't even bother fighting unless you've freshly leveled or you will lose all of your XP. Or spend ~35 bucks on Elion's Tears.

The first phase is pretty easy, stand back until he does the belly flop then go in and DPS for the 5 or so seconds, if you aren't ranged this is the only time you should be close to him.

The second phase he does a triple jump and then the belly flop, getting DPS in at this point starts getting really hard.

In the final phase he does the same thing but adds a battle cry/roar type of AoE that will kill everyone within a pretty wide radius around him, go in for DPS right before and after the roar but be really careful at the peak of the animation. Melee heroes should just grab popcorn at this point as he only belly flops about once every five minutes.

Prepare to not really get dick, I was shooting arrows into him for 3 1/2 hours with 99 AP at level 51 and got about 100k silver and a mid tier ancient crystal. I lost 3 mil+ in crystals. One of the people there out of about 100 got a liverto weapon bundle. I did however DC when he was at about 40% so I may have dropped in the loot table, I think it's based off of DPS done.

If it's based on dps, cool, not gonna bother as a warrior then.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

If it's based on dps, cool, not gonna bother as a warrior then.

Group dps from what people have been saying. Don't know if that's true though. Also he's a 55 world boss, don't try to fight him below that and expect to have agood time.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Your guild contribution is going down mother fucker. Also did that guy show up to let you into work?

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

I heard folks talking about purposefully getting fail stacks in guild chat last night, so I wanted to ask the hivemind what a good way to do so is. That was an awkward sentence.

Seems it's jewelry that you wanna spam it on? Is there an easy way to generate the jewelry to do so? I'm thinking of setting up a workshop and churning out necklaces to mash if so. Correct me if I'm way off base.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Kaedric posted:

I heard folks talking about purposefully getting fail stacks in guild chat last night, so I wanted to ask the hivemind what a good way to do so is. That was an awkward sentence.

Seems it's jewelry that you wanna spam it on? Is there an easy way to generate the jewelry to do so? I'm thinking of setting up a workshop and churning out necklaces to mash if so. Correct me if I'm way off base.

Find the cheapest jewelry possible, then smash it together to try to get your failstacks as high as possible, then go for the actual upgrades you want. I think Jewelry is used as a common example because price is low and it's relatively easy to produce.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

You don't really produce it for that purpose, just buy on marketplace.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

I found this house in Hiedel and just started laughing:

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Is this one of your splinter groups?

Re: Housechat. Seems like the "best" houses are all going to look like ridiculous store rooms. Luckily there are still some real dives out there that you can rank first in by virtue of having a table.

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Hy_C posted:

Group dps from what people have been saying. Don't know if that's true though. Also he's a 55 world boss, don't try to fight him below that and expect to have agood time.

There were plenty of level 54 people there but yeah, I would not recommend doing it unless you just want to, I knew going in it was gonna be tough but didn't expect 70+ deaths. I left my salt out of it because I made the decision to do it. One of the people at the end was like, "Just think boys, you've got the cred now that you beat it 'back in the day' before the subsequent nerfs from all the people bitching." Also I'm not for sure what the drops are actually based off of.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

forcing from 12-15 would cost 79 weapon stones, those stones would sell for 400k a piece on the store netting almost 32 million probably ending up with around 25 million after the market cut. +15 yuria weapons cost 25-30 million.

For myself going from 13-15 only cost ~25 weapon stones using fail stacks. I spent around 4 million on fail stacks and repairing weapon.

The best way to get fail stacks imo is this.

What you need:
like 10 trash regular jewelry
3-4 rank 1 Jewelry
Find out what piece of armor you wear that is the cheapest/highest quantity to repair to max durability for me it was Taritas Helm mash all your armor upgrade stones into it til it is 9-12.
Some armor stones (I had 15 from boss farming)

The Method:
Use Regular Jewelry to get to about 4 fail stacks
Use rank 1 Jewelry to get to to 8 fail stacks
Mash armor stones into your armor until you have 13-14 fail stacks
Mash weaponstones into weapon until upgrade
Repeat.

The reason I use this method instead of the buy trash gear off vendor method is even if you succeed it will likely be on your armor which you will eventually be upgrading anyway.

Beo fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 21, 2016

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Grondoth posted:

I started laughing at work, thanks dick

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Grondoth posted:

This looks like a shop I used to work in

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

Haeleus posted:

Is there a source you guys like to use for character builds? I'm levelling a Ranger as my second character and trying out all the abilities before I get the 45 skill reset but have no idea if I'm optimizing properly to take advantage of combos.

Lewtt put together a pretty decent Ranger build that I am following. I am at work and can't link it but maybe he will if you ask nice. There are also some builds in the OP but I like Lewtt's better.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
I was taking some glass or other fragile bullshit from Velia to Glish and I stopped to grab HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME for the free contribution points. A kind hearted pubbie stopped next to my cart and told me that central guard camp was a hot spot and I should sell my stuff there, so I checked it out, and it was true (everything at 130%). Coming back from glish with vital supplies of mud bricks I decided to check it out again and sold them all for 160%!! Thanks to that guy whoever he was

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

I think most of the major damage moves are pretty obvious as a sorceress, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which supporting moves to take.
Are any of the passives worth it? Is the dark armor buff thing worth it?
The class has a lot of random, low damage CC moves, and I'm tempted to just pass on all of them until I'm 50 and actually engaging in PVP.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
What do house decorating points get you?

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
Fyi, you can hire players to pk other players (who are 45+). This is made possible by an npc called "a black robed man" who points out a player's exact location for 10,000 silver.

Game is good.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

CountingWizard posted:

Fyi, you can hire players to pk other players (who are 45+). This is made possible by an npc called "a black robed man" who points out a player's exact location for 10,000 silver.

Game is good.

Save up some money to kill the p2w fu ckers who fill their houses with lamps.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Loving Life Partner posted:

What do house decorating points get you?

If you're the #1 for a house in a city that has an investment bank, it lets you use the investment bank. But the returns are low so I gave up

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Grondoth posted:

Pier 1 Imports is looking good these days.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BERGfu posted:

Sorry there's an intensive no fucks allowed policy
Eh I have no beef with you guys, just hoped to cause a diversion into the thread and redirect the harmful chakras.

Edit: :laffo: This Russian streamer hunts people for donations, 3 cents per 2 kills.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Mar 21, 2016

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
Do tradeskill costumes not use the costume slot in inventory? For example, a cook outfit? It replaces and dumps all my armor into my inventory instead. Why.

What does this game have against looking even slightly unique?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah I remember Bikeman streaming BDO on the korean client a year or so ago and he was scouting out the #1 ranked houses. And this one had nothing but bookshelves just lined up and packed into every square inch of each room.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I've been number 1 rank fisher on my channel for like a week now and i'm in a skiller only guild filled with many other fishers. So by chance one of my guildies saw me fishing in one of my spots and decided to fish directly ontop of me for 4 days straight in which he went up over 10 ranks in the leaderboards of fishing and wealth. I didn't mind sharing the spot but i did mind that this guy never responded to any of my whispers and didn't ever try looking for his own spot, just leeched at mine to the point where he would literally wait for me to throw my float so he could line his up ontop of mine. So after 4 days i got this guy to move by going through the guild and he didn't say ONE WORD just retracted his rod turned away and left. Nobody heard from him or saw him for a couple of days and i noticed he dropped off the rankings (wonder why) and also that he wasn't online as much anymore. Fast forward to today where i'm fishing at one of my spots using team viewer while smoking in my lounge when i see red all over my screen and poo poo myself (bare in mind i haven't pvped or done much combat in this game and leveled from 25-49 through skilling) so i turn my character around to find the number 2 ranked fisher on the channel who was a ranger in a fishing costume standing on my boat casting a bunch of abilities at me. At first i thought that it was just the second place fisher trying to get ahead but then i got a series of whispers that blew my mind. Here are the whispers : http://imgur.com/1Wgm8a0 This has honestly made my day and i can't believe how casually the hitman just offered me and anybody i know his services after he told me he's going to pk me 10 times. I love the internet.

EDIT: almost forgot to include the part with the $100 price tag : http://imgur.com/RLqkeRg

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Chewbot posted:

Do tradeskill costumes not use the costume slot in inventory? For example, a cook outfit? It replaces and dumps all my armor into my inventory instead. Why.

What does this game have against looking even slightly unique?
There is special item that transforms trade skill costumes into outfits. Russians sell it in cash shop, I don't know if we have it at all.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

kalstrams posted:

There is special item that transforms trade skill costumes into outfits. Russians sell it in cash shop, I don't know if we have it at all.

That's interesting though, except for the cash shop part. It seems like you could easily let players put any armor into a costume slot, but they intentionally don't want you to.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

kalstrams posted:

The tooltip poo poo is already there so I assume it's coming.

EDIT: Also we should create a goon database of fishing hotspots. I'm loving sick of velia.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Chewbot posted:

That's interesting though, except for the cash shop part. It seems like you could easily let players put any armor into a costume slot, but they intentionally don't want you to.
The engine supports it, no doubt.

Item itself, however, concerns specifically trade skill costumes (одежда для ремесленника).

I'm looking forward to introduction of the item as well, since it adds movement speed to dress of Calpheon nobility.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

Rhymenoserous posted:

The tooltip poo poo is already there so I assume it's coming.

EDIT: Also we should create a goon database of fishing hotspots. I'm loving sick of velia.

I've been fishing at the little pool north of Calpheon/Northern Wheat Plantation. It's always abundant, drops snakeheads, eels and leathercarp (?) and I tend to get a ton of ancient relic shards, and a nice 4% distance bonus for a short jog to the nearest marketplace. I'm sure it's not the greatest spot in the game but it's convenient.