Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hey it's family book, not a solo book! (yet)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
One of the things that excites me about Champions is that Viv Vision is in it... Like, that is going to be the most hosed up child in superheroics who doesn't have an X-gene, honestly.

I REALLY want things to work out with her, but she seems like out of all of those characters she's gonna be the first to go.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So Sam's gonna crush on her hard too?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

twistedmentat posted:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

As oddly fitting as that might be, I just want Viv to hook up with Scott so that the Summers and Pym family trees can finally become one.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SilverSupernova posted:

As oddly fitting as that might be, I just want Viv to hook up with Scott so that the Summers and Pym family trees can finally become one.

The world is not ready for this kind of family tree.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They're already kind of linked if you go Vision -> Scarlet Witch -> Magneto -> Lorna Dane -> Havok

(I say kind of since that last link tends to come and go and Scarlet Witch isn't Magneto's kid anymore or something?)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well, they wanted to use her in the movies, so no mutants allowed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

They're already kind of linked if you go Vision -> Scarlet Witch -> Magneto -> Lorna Dane -> Havok

(I say kind of since that last link tends to come and go and Scarlet Witch isn't Magneto's kid anymore or something?)

And Lorna's only been Magneto's daughter for like a decade.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, they wanted to use her in the movies, so no mutants allowed.

This is not how this works.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

You need to go Scarlet Witch ➡ Magda ➡ Magneto if you want to forestall any paternity nitpicking.

Find a way to connect this to the Mystique/Nightcrawler and Apocalypse families if you want to shoot the moon, btw.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Squizzle posted:

You need to go Scarlet Witch ➡ Magda ➡ Magneto if you want to forestall any paternity nitpicking.

Find a way to connect this to the Mystique/Nightcrawler and Apocalypse families if you want to shoot the moon, btw.
Easy:

Apocalypse -> Styfe -> Cable
Nightcrawler -> Nocturne -> Scarlet Witch

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They should make a 6 degrees of Scott Summers mini-series as young Scott keeps running into people he's somewhat related to and he slowly goes insane as he realized just how hosed up the Summers family tree is. That said, in order to keep the story grounded, the series is told from Rockslide's point of view, who's tagging along because he thinks it's hilarious.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Has Young Scott met Cable? That seems like it would be fun.

"Hi I'm your son from your future self's first dead wife who is a clone of your future self's second dead wife. Oh and she was sleeping with my alternate universe analog after he willed her back to life upon coming to this universe. Also he's Time Jesus or something?"

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I caught up on All-New, All-Different Avengers.

I like it overall, though I'm still mostly interested in it for the kids, so I guess Champions for me in a few months. I'll give the regular Avengers a shot too though.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Squizzle posted:

Whenever this comes up, I'm surprised no one brings up Richards -- Kang -- En Sabbah Nur and Franklin -- Rachel Grey

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oh yeah, the Richards are all up in the Summers tree, too.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Oh yeah, the Richards are all up in the Summers tree, too.

Also, robots, Skrulls, and 4/5 Captains Marvel (if we take Wiccan and Hulkling as basically already married).

Did Genis end up in any serious relationship with Epiphany? If so, you could shim Eternity onto the expanded Summers family tree.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Magneto's also in there from hooking up with whichever Cuckoo, who are clones of Emma Frost.

Edit: Actually I guess that was Xorn.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Havok married Wasp in uncanny avengers, so...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ferrule posted:

Havok married Wasp in uncanny avengers, so...

That's much cleaner.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SHIELD Doctor : I'm sorry Mr Alexander, but you have electric gonorrhea
Sam: the noisy killer??

SilverSupernova posted:

OOh yea, this Scott hasn't made any terrible life choices yet as far as I know. I would not consider his briefly looking up with Laura as a mistake. What Scott needs to do is hook up with the Cukoos, all 3 of them, but at separate times.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Endless Mike posted:

That's much cleaner.

In a future timeline only they remember.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Still counts. That's like half the Summers family.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

A bunch of Clan Akkaba got turned into vampires as part of the long-running sass match between Apocalypse and Dracula. Since vampirism is genetic or behaves like it is, the Apocalypse branch of the Summers tree connects to Dracula and everyone related to him—biologically, adoptively, vampirically, or maritally. Or any other way we've had relationships count here, so a robot created from the brain patterns of Dracula's grandson's clone from an alternate future, or w/e.

Which means the family also includes an angel.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also Wolfman.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

A genealogist in the Marvel Universe: gently caress it, I quit.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Also Wolfman.

And Baron Blood, and through him, the Union Jack/Spitfire family. You could argue the original Human Torch enters the family through Spitfire, but :lol: if you didn't already include him because a chronal duplicate of his body was used by Ultron to create the Vision. :cmon:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Squizzle posted:

You could argue the original Human Torch enters the family through Spitfire, but :lol: if you didn't already include him because a chronal duplicate of his body was used by Ultron to create the Vision. :cmon:

Didn't they retcon that out already?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Didn't they retcon that out already?

I have no idea.

Through Summers brother Vulcan, the Shi'ar royal family joins the tree. Through Quicksilver, we get his daughter Luna, ex-wife Crystal, and the entire Inhuman royal line.

Thus, AvX, War of Kings, and the upcoming Inhumans vs. X-men are all overblown spats within one extended family.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The chronal duplicate was the retcon. Unless the retconned that too

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SynthOrange posted:

The chronal duplicate was the retcon. Unless the retconned that too

That's what I'm saying, I think they double retconned it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aaaagh you're crossing the timestreams

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SynthOrange posted:

Aaaagh you're crossing the timestreams

Busiek did it first!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Jesus christ, this even a rabbit hole, it's a endless vortex swirling in space.

I think i'll just keep track on who hosed who, and I'm pretty sure by connection, Logan and Tony have basically hosed a whole bunch of times.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

When you have sex with someone, you're having sex with everyone else they've had sex yet, and there's a good chance of that including Wolverine or Iron Man, so maybe take a chance.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I remember there was a chart in Wizard back in the day that indicated that between Jen Walters, Hercules, Tony Stark, and Matt Murdock, most of Marvel's long-running superheroes are no more than a degree or two of romantic separation from one another, even if you don't take alternate universes into account.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's way easier to make protagonists hook up with each other than to write an interesting love interest from scratch.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Waffleman_ posted:

When you have sex with someone, you're having sex with everyone else they've had sex yet, and there's a good chance of that including Wolverine or Iron Man, so maybe take a chance.

Wolverine is probably safer as he probably can't carry as many STDs as Tony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm the best at what I do: safe sex.

• Locked thread