Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies
So I can’t decide which of the sale titles I’m going to grab. Think I’ve got enough credit for one more big title. Already have New Leaf and Donkey Kong Country Returns.

I’m thinking it’s Samus because I mostly got this thing to play Nintendo flagship titles, but Story of Seasons, Xenoblade Chronicles, Fire Emblem, Kirby, Theatrhythm (on a big FF kick lately), Etrian, or Radiant Historia also seem like good fits. I’m probably not spending any more money on games for a year or so, I’m trying to make this round count. Anyone want to sing the praises of any of these?

For what it’s worth, the rest of my (tiny) library is Link Between Worlds, Bravely Second (don’t have the first), and FE:Awakening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Minus1Minus1 posted:

So I can’t decide which of the sale titles I’m going to grab. Think I’ve got enough credit for one more big title. Already have New Leaf and Donkey Kong Country Returns.

I’m thinking it’s Samus because I mostly got this thing to play Nintendo flagship titles, but Story of Seasons, Xenoblade Chronicles, Fire Emblem, Kirby, Theatrhythm (on a big FF kick lately), Etrian, or Radiant Historia also seem like good fits. I’m probably not spending any more money on games for a year or so, I’m trying to make this round count. Anyone want to sing the praises of any of these?

For what it’s worth, the rest of my (tiny) library is Link Between Worlds, Bravely Second (don’t have the first), and FE:Awakening.

Story of Seasons is really good if you like the Harvest Moon genre and has a ton of content. Trio of Towns is the better one if you're picking between it and the one released as Story of Seasons

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

System 11.7.0-40 just dropped.

Can't see any differences, except maybe Super Stable 3D mighta gotten tweaked, it doesn't seem to mind my glasses now.

Or it could be different lighting.. Or patches for homebrew exploits, but there's already a new bootstrap for 11.7..

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Minus1Minus1 posted:

Etrian Odyssey and Radiant Historia have extensive demos and their save data can be transferred to the full game, so you could try those out too.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

in case anyone was wondering i can confirm that if you queue for an online game in kid icarus uprising in the year of our lord two thousand eighteen you will still find a match

amen

DanZX
May 5, 2015

Kaubocks posted:

in case anyone was wondering i can confirm that if you queue for an online game in kid icarus uprising in the year of our lord two thousand eighteen you will still find a match

amen

I'm in chapter 22 and loving it

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
Made it. All free plays, non-hacked system.

I'd like to thank my family and friends for keeping me going. This award is for you.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

BovineFury posted:

I'd like to thank my family and friends for keeping me going. This award is for you.

How much money did you spend?

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!

SeANMcBAY posted:

How much money did you spend?

$0.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

ok but how much cash did you give to the developers to play this game

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!

Kaubocks posted:

ok but how much cash did you give to the developers to play this game

.00000 bitcoins.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

the bunny made it into Smash too

but it seems like a missed opportunity not to have him in his ultimate form

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Help Im Alive posted:

but it seems like a missed opportunity not to have him in his ultimate form

I've made this suggestion as a joke like twenty times

Never thought I'd see my boy all grown up

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

Remember when we sold you tiny jpgs for 2 straight years

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

BovineFury posted:

Does this mean you got all the badges?

Congrats, I guess.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

Does this mean you got all the badges?

Congrats, I guess.

No. In fact, this isn't even the highest level, though it's the biggest statue

You can get well over 4000

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!

Spellman posted:

No. In fact, this isn't even the highest level, though it's the biggest statue

You can get well over 4000

Somewhere around 8800.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Spellman posted:

Remember when we sold you tiny jpgs for 2 straight years

they still do it

they are good for labeling folders, which is why I think Mega Badges are trash because you can only put a piece of a Mega Badge on a folder and it sucks

Spellman
May 31, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

they still do it

they are good for labeling folders, which is why I think Mega Badges are trash because you can only put a piece of a Mega Badge on a folder and it sucks

I thought the Badge Arcade closed?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Spellman posted:

Uh no I play it every day. They give out two free plays a day now.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Spellman posted:

It stopped updating, but you can still play it.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

It stopped updating, but you can still play it.

I think they added some Switch badges after that but yeah they are not really adding everything else.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They had to stop at 9999 badges because the app literally couldn't handle any more content.

I guess they could start again on Switch but gently caress that rabbit, let him die.

minya
Sep 7, 2004

SUN RA WAS HERE IN HIS ELEMENT
he invited me back for a ride
Hi, hello, I have a question. I recently found an old (OLD) Nintendo DS in my bedroom at my parents' house. It's pre-3DS and pre-2DS. It's this one (image attached). Can I play new 3DS games on it?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

No.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

You've got a DS Lite there, and it will only play original DS games.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
No, but there are a poo poo ton of good DS games that you can play. You can even play GBA games (I think the oldest DS could also play any GB games). Or you can get a flash cart of it and take a bunch of games with you anywhere. DS Lite is still a good system.

minya
Sep 7, 2004

SUN RA WAS HERE IN HIS ELEMENT
he invited me back for a ride
Aw, boo. Appreciate the clarification. But yeah, I forgot I can play GBA games on this thing. drat. It’s old. I’m old.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The DS Lite is why people get mad about batteries today, because it was so good

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

You could also trade it in at GameStop for something else; I did this (black DS Lite with clear case, stylus, dying battery.. had to hand in the system and look for days for the AC adapter; as long as it powers up they'll pay for it) and they gave me $20 towards some 3DS games.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm going to play 8 player Smash, with 16 ice climbers on this map because of its background mirror, to see if I can set my Switch on fire

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
My DS Lite sat in a cardboard box for 5 years and it still had a few hours left of play time left in the battery.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Binary Badger posted:

You could also trade it in at GameStop for something else; I did this (black DS Lite with clear case, stylus, dying battery.. had to hand in the system and look for days for the AC adapter; as long as it powers up they'll pay for it) and they gave me $20 towards some 3DS games.

I was going to say that’s a joke amount of money but apparently DS Lites aren’t really worth poo poo at the moment.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
I'd still have my launch DS lite if the right side of the touchscreen didn't stop working like 10 years ago.

Only compatible with WEP, though, lol.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cojawfee posted:

My DS Lite sat in a cardboard box for 5 years and it still had a few hours left of play time left in the battery.

I found my GBA SP after not touching it for maybe 12 years and it still turned on straight away

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spellman posted:

I'm going to play 8 player Smash, with 16 ice climbers on this map because of its background mirror, to see if I can set my Switch on fire

In Smash 4, the mirror is disabled if you play that stage with 8 players.

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!

minya posted:

Hi, hello, I have a question. I recently found an old (OLD) Nintendo DS in my bedroom at my parents' house. It's pre-3DS and pre-2DS. It's this one (image attached). Can I play new 3DS games on it?

Don't listen to any of the people here. Just cut the tab off the 3ds game so that you can insert it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Just like VHS tape.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yet another Picross game is coming to the Japanese eShop next week - Sanrio Characters Picross:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWehHVEVkiE

Same devs as the e-series, pretty much identical to those games save for the ability to unlock stickers and character profiles and so on, and it'll probably skew towards beginners.

This'll be out in NA/PAL-land this week: http://www.jupiter.co.jp/e/3ds/sanriopicross/index.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DIEGETIC SPACEMAN
Feb 25, 2007

fuck a car
i'll do a mothafuckin' walk-by

Binary Badger posted:

I traded in a DS Lite, Pokemon Diamond 2 and like 3 other random DS and 360 games (the first party Nintendo ones hold their value well) that I found in a box in my closet, and got a 2DS with Mario Kart for $10. Not too shabby.

LODGE NORTH posted:

Well you managed to trade in an unreleased and never before seen Pokémon game so that might be why you got so much

Or maybe I’m an idiot that meant to say Black 2

DIEGETIC SPACEMAN fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 26, 2018