Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Schneider Heim posted:

I got SMN and SCH, tried getting into a dungeon as SCH and got matched with sprouts at Haukke Manor. The tank said they forgot about the place (and ignored the first room where the first key was), we wiped due to overpulling Succubi, the THM facepulled ahead of the group, and no one else tried to put the Void Lamps out (we almost wiped due to the tank not bothering to aggro the trash, which went to me instead).

So... how do I play SCH? At level 31 I don't seem to have an equivalent to Medica, have a vanilla heal and a heal with shield... I guess I use shield+heal on the tank, then? Which fairy should I have out? I summoned Eos before the final boss and I think that might have prevented us from wiping.

Eos should have been out the whole time. At that level the fairy is 50%of your healing and it’s automated to some degree.

I will say I hate healing on sub 50sch because without aetherflow healing spenders your kit is remarkably incomplete.

Also I’ll agree with Estelle that placing your faerie is generally unnecessary.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Aug 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
I'm hoping that it's Lahabrea possessing Elidibus, then using Elidibus to possess Zenos. It can be like an Ascian nesting doll.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
A8 but every individual piece is an Ascian

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

You're all wrong, it's Papalymo back from the dead.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Finally got some time to start out in Pagos this weekend.

I'm glad they added Eureka challenge logs when they did, because Pagos would have been a total nightmare without them. I haven't been getting invited to any parties, so I've just been grinding out the logs solo. It takes a while, but it's reliable, and you can chug Eurekan Potions to stay alive. It's basically impossible to solo 30-chain, so I'll stop for a quick breather at 10 and let the chain reset. Tanks are safer; DPS is faster.

Some mobs have Adaptation and Mutation abilities which change their properties. It also apparently grants extra EXP equivalent to a 30-chain bonus, which I wish I knew about before I kept stunning them out of it. I'll have to play around with that later. I wonder if it stacks with the actual chain bonus...

And sadly there's no massive NM train rolling over everything since very few players are anywhere close to "finishing" the zone. This could change in the coming weeks, though.

I'm not gonna use the "just watch Netflix" argument since the grind is harsh right now and it's definitely going to turn off a lot of players.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

DizzyBum posted:

Finally got some time to start out in Pagos this weekend.

Reported

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Instead of turning off players they should just turn off eureka

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

All signs so far point to Elidibus, if only because of Elidibus taking off his hood to show his face to Varis (4.0), people talking about Zenos still being alive (4.1), Zenos being shown alive (4.2), and then Zenos with Varis (4.3).

That said, there is no solid confirmation yet, so they could pull a bait and switch.

If it is Elidibus then before he revealed himself to the emperor he was a normal sized person, then when he takes the hood off he presumably grows like 3 feet taller and 5 feet wider?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Instead of turning off players they should just turn off eureka

:hmmyes:

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

oh no blimp issue posted:

If it is Elidibus then before he revealed himself to the emperor he was a normal sized person, then when he takes the hood off he presumably grows like 3 feet taller and 5 feet wider?

Zenos loves platform shoes and shoulder pads

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

It was a very big hood.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Did Moonfire Faire. I detest platforming in MMOs, and this was compounded by people in loving large mounts idling in key parts of the course. Charming story, at least.

Hilariously, I paired the summer outfit with a skirt, but the DRK battle stance is so wide-legged that my WoL's panties are easily exposed, I think I'll just switch to the regular bikini and just dye it to my liking.

Also did Amdapor Hard. Wow. What an aesthetic dungeon. Seriously. Then I started the SB job questline for DRK. I don't like this new character...

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Schneider Heim posted:

Then I started the SB job questline for DRK. I don't like this new character...

Keep going.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

I'm close

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Schneider Heim posted:

Read your quest journal logs.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

I started the SB job questline for DRK. I don't like this new character...

:allears:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The message on Something Awful that says I have no inbox messages because no one likes me is the closest thing I have to a friend.

I don't think it'll purchase a subscription, though.

Well yeah, how else is Lowtax supposed to get a bionic neck?

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

I really like this years swimsuit, looks real good.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Schneider Heim posted:

Yeah that guy in your dark quest is a real jerk!

:toot:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Cheating rear end chocobo.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Can you play this game fine in small groups like 2 or 3 people?

Any PC sales going on?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

poe meater posted:

Any PC sales going on?

All dungeon content is 4 man. Cover the core skills healer/dps/tank and the odds of the last dps causing a total wipe is less.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
More people are doing a loving platforming puzzle with 0 reward than Eureka what a great time to be alive.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

poe meater posted:

Any PC sales going on?

Pretty much all of the quests in the game are solo'd, with forced group content every few levels in dungeons and trials.

The group content is all done via the Duty Finder which automatically assembles parties based on job roles, so you don't need to run around shouting for people to help you clear content. Of course, that doesn't stop you from partying with friends and then filling in any remaining gaps with the Duty Finder. It's a great system.

The top-end raids are all done with 8-player parties.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Saint Freak posted:

More people are doing a loving platforming puzzle with 0 reward than Eureka what a great time to be alive.

excuse you, the platforming puzzle has the greatest reward of all.

(i know you mean the bonus stage at the end with no other reward but :ssh: )

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

DizzyBum posted:

Some mobs have Adaptation and Mutation abilities which change their properties. It also apparently grants extra EXP equivalent to a 30-chain bonus, which I wish I knew about before I kept stunning them out of it. I'll have to play around with that later. I wonder if it stacks with the actual chain bonus...

Are you serious? I was stunning that poo poo. It’s a huge long cast bar on a dangerous enemy, why wouldn’t I stun it? Why is everything about eureka so stupid and backward?

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
"We want more content to keep us subbed!" yells the official forums

*the first and third monkey's paw fingers curl inward*

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Are you serious? I was stunning that poo poo. It’s a huge long cast bar on a dangerous enemy, why wouldn’t I stun it? Why is everything about eureka so stupid and backward?

Yeah, I thought something was weird about it when I saw more than one mob family using these. I also kept stunning them.

Oh well. Now we know. :shrug:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Eureka... Bad?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Apparently, there's a Notorious Monster (some cow god) capable of wiping the entire instance.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The chimera NM in anemos could do that too, but it was a bug with the range check on its shock breath thing that was hotfixed. This one is probably intentional though, because Eureka.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, it summons an add that does Tsukuyomi's lance attack with a huge radius.

So I ran away and hid in the corner while everyone died, then slowly raised everyone.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I resubbed for the platform puzzle, I ain't even kidding.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I resubbed for the platform puzzle, I ain't even kidding.

Get right to the top my friend!

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooFoNwoMxjY

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

The summer event was cute. But I’m really tired of perfectly good shorts getting turned into damned identical bikini bottoms.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

And then get onto the lamp post.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

I'm... scared

I'll need to advance in the SB MSQ first, though.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/cat_redux/status/1029167879705554944

cute event :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

DrakePegasus posted:

The summer event was cute. But I’m really tired of perfectly good shorts getting turned into damned identical bikini bottoms.

I agree. The top and sunglasses are real good though.