Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

oldpainless posted:

And what about Myasia
Itsa bigga number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

oldpainless posted:

And what about Myasia

It's Ourasia now

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Pope Hilarius II posted:

It's Ourasia now

could've sworn there was a "that's colonialism" smilie but ig not

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
You can colonize my entire asia, inside and out.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:monocle: The Monocle - The New DPPH Gentleman's Club for 2005 :monocle:

Eye posted:

After discussing the future of DPPH with a few people I’ve decided to take charge and construct the new DPPH replacement for the Something Awful forums myself. Now I don’t seem demeaning, but Rycon Payne doesn’t seem to have enough time to administer such an enterprise all by himself. As such, I’ll be helping to set things up so that the transaction on New Years Eve goes as smoothly as possible.

The new website, it’s been decided, will be named "The Monocle." The domain is currently being set up and a template is being designed. Within the next few days you will be able to register into the system and begin posting on the new site. Until something better comes along we will be using PHPBB to facilitate our system. We’re not planning on any kind of fee for our services, only requiring that you’re already registered with the something awful forums.

We are still looking for a few people familiar with DPPH practices to moderate things once they’re all set up. We'll probably pick people who contribute the most to the current DPPH. If you have time on your hands and want to moderate the new forums post here with a proper introduction to yourself and we’ll get back to you soon and notify you if you've made the cut. Don't bother asking for a moderation role if you've registered just this year or only lurk.

Procedure and policy are being designed behind the scenes, but it looks like homegrown will be allowed in the new DPPH provided that everyone understands there will be a $10 re-registration fee once they are banned. This will cut down on the drama and create a better forum for all involved.

Any donations to help maintain the new DPPH can be sent to themonocle@gmail.com via Paypal, we currently have hosting covered but we'll need to cover custom programming and artist costs.

If you have any questions about the new site ask here, I’ll try my best to answer anything you might have. Anyone with a legal background is invited to discuss any ramifications which might come from operating this private service.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Karate Bastard posted:

There's also the tremendous fucker of Mongolia who is the forebear of half of Asia.

How’s your mom doing by the way? Been meaning to ask

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

idgi

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Jail for jerry!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

It's a play on the Miette meme

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

the weird thing is that its from 2019

i thought it was real early twitter like the foodnetwerk eat like a animal tweet, same era. ah well only a decade off

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Time got all hosed up with covid and the hot take economy compressing stupidity into ever and ever shorter periods of greater insanity.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

[donald duck in beard/glasses/big coat disguise]: hello im jerry idk memes from internet
[thread, on knees waving arms]: omg plz

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Inceltown posted:

Time got all hosed up with covid and the hot take economy compressing stupidity into ever and ever shorter periods of greater insanity.

i think the compressions started earlier, like before trump

anyway prob not the right thread to hash it out (Oscar Isaac voice)

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 23:05 on Apr 9, 2023

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
This exchange made me smile:

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for keeping my brothers life insurance

[...] Mary begged me to give her a portion of the money but I said no. [...]

Foo Diddley posted:

this is why you get your poo poo in order, people. i know you're not planning on dying any time soon, but not many people are

i really hope mary sues OP's balls off

Kitfox88 posted:

not often you see people eager for a mary sue

Foo Diddley posted:

god drat it (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Carthag Tuek posted:

the weird thing is that its from 2019

:catstare:

what

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I been reading The Darkness That Comes Before. I’m like 60 pages in, when does it turn into a cannibal corpse album? I been told it were disgusting.

anilEhilated posted:

Keep reading. IIRC it's kinda gradual throughout the first trilogy.

genericnick posted:

There's a pretty steady increase in cannibalism over all six volumes as I remember.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

That sounds delightful, I made the right choice in choosing this series.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh sorry I failed to notice they'd misspelled Miele. Not that it works even with the misspelling. 0/10 I hate everyone now.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
It's just a joke that didn't land with you, it's not the end of the world.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
you woosh the joke like the airplane? oh! oh! probe for poster! prober for poster for Ten Thousand Hours!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lots of things turn into cannibal corpse albums over time, it's called decomposition.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Biplane posted:

Lots of things turn into cannibal corpse albums over time, it's called decomposition.

pølle ad bad

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Biplane posted:

Lots of things turn into cannibal corpse albums over time, it's called decomposition poo poo

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

"decomposition" is a better joke whether you like cannibal corpse or not

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

:razz:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Visiting a graveyard in Vienna, hearing a Beethoven song in reverse,

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

PubicMice posted:

I still don't get it

CJacobs posted:

Someone opened a localized wormhole to the dimension of infinite #1 dads

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

bulletsponge13 posted:

I was going to school on CO, and was regularly driving from PA to CO.

Driving the length of Kansas was so loving boring and lovely, I pulled over and shot Kansas to feel better.
Not even kidding. It was my 3rd time through in that semester, and I decided that Kansas needed to get learned. I hadn't seen another car in hours, so I pulled over, and put 9 rounds of 9mm into the dirt. Made me feel better.

The only good thing about Kansas is fossil hunting is so drat easy. Pull over, kick some dirt, find a fossil.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
this fossil seems to have been shot

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Zetsubou-san posted:

this fossil seems to have been shot

It happens more often than you'd think!

https://historyofyesterday.com/40000-year-old-mystery-bison-fossils-shot-in-the-head/

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
username checks out

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I drove through Kansas on I-35 a year or so ago and actually thought it was quite pretty in a pastoral way. Lots of low rolling hills and open prairie.

Now Oklahoma, that's The Land God Forgot.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

FuriousGeorge posted:

Ugh, first NASCAR, then Barstool, now this.

Popete posted:

They should combine NASCAR and the DNC into a single weekend event.

borkencode posted:

DNC would never turn left.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Big oof

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

turn left dems noooo

/e: okay it was low-hanging fruit

more falafel please posted:

Turn left Dems noooooooooooo!

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

1stGear posted:

I drove through Kansas on I-35 a year or so ago and actually thought it was quite pretty in a pastoral way. Lots of low rolling hills and open prairie.

Driving through Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma in a row is a whole bunch of nothing but corn and cows

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Tunicate posted:

Massachusetts Air National Guard Airman, codename MANGA

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

1stGear posted:

Oklahoma actually has some quite varied scenery if you're driving on I-40.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Oklahoma actually has some quite varied scenery if you're driving on I-40.

I some places there's a bright golden haze on the meadow, in other places the corn is as high as an elephant's eye

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Oklahoma? Where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I dare anyone calling Oklahoma, Nebraska, or Kansas boring to drive Indiana top to bottom.