Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pierson posted:

When the op says "IF YOU'RE HERE LOOKING FOR SIMCITY, FINAL FANTASY TACTICS, OR CIV CLONES, YOU SHOULD PROBABLY JUST KILL YOURSELF" does it mean "you should kill yourself because the ports are extremely bad and you're a moron if you buy them" or "you should kill yourself for even asking if you should buy them because they're great and the answer is yes and here are the links"?
It means there are no real ports of these games, just freemium IAP-riddled time-limited energy-based garbage cesspits made by EA. Well, okay, that's for Sim City. These are the games that everyone wants so people would constantly show up and their first post in the thread would be "HEY GUYS IS THERE ANY GOOD SIM CITY GAME FOR MY ANDROIDS PHONE?" and because we got bored of saying no and being depressed about that fact it got put in the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xezton
Jan 31, 2005

But... there is a FFT:WotL port that runs pretty well (barring the occasional crash but if you're prudent about saving it's not a huge deal) and has decent touch controls.

So one of those three items can now be struck out! :D

xezton fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Dec 4, 2015

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

xezton posted:

But... there is a FFT:WotL port that runs pretty well (barring the occasional crash but if you're prudent about saving it's not a huge deal) and has decent touch controls.

So one of those three items can now be struck out! :D

It's a joke referencing the fact that the English iOS port had been out for years while the Android version was MIA with no word from Squeenix at the time the OP was written.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I finally broke 3 dollars in Google Fun Bux... and Lara Croft Go went back up to $4.99. :negative:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Montalvo posted:

I finally broke 3 dollars in Google Fun Bux... and Lara Croft Go went back up to $4.99. :negative:
It just got an award, so surprised Square didn't jack it up to $10

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Pierson posted:

When the op says "IF YOU'RE HERE LOOKING FOR SIMCITY, FINAL FANTASY TACTICS, OR CIV CLONES, YOU SHOULD PROBABLY JUST KILL YOURSELF" does it mean "you should kill yourself because the ports are extremely bad and you're a moron if you buy them" or "you should kill yourself for even asking if you should buy them because they're great and the answer is yes and here are the links"?

I just meant that if you were looking for clones, you're poo poo out of luck.

The FF:T port is a port of the PSP version and is apparently solid enough.

The only official Civ game is Civilization Revolution 2, which is just a mobile reskin of the DS version from a few years back. People seemed to have a mostly negative reaction to it.

The only official Simcity game is a lovely EA click-and-wait cash-grab, but TheoTown is a reasonable free alternative that does a decent job of mimicking Simcity 2000. Free with ads, but not really a finished, polished product.

Mighty Steed
Apr 16, 2005
Nice horsey
If you've previously bought Battlestation Harbinger then the current beta test of their new content is pretty rad.

http://battlestation.fi/forums/topic/extended-edition-android-beta-test-and-feedback/

Bit rough around the edges at the mo, but fun to play and it's worth taking part if you enjoy giving spergy feedback on space game beta tests.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Mighty Steed posted:

If you've previously bought Battlestation Harbinger then the current beta test of their new content is pretty rad.

http://battlestation.fi/forums/topic/extended-edition-android-beta-test-and-feedback/

Bit rough around the edges at the mo, but fun to play and it's worth taking part if you enjoy giving spergy feedback on space game beta tests.

This is a fun and good game.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Due to a bunch of goons in the Marvel Heroes thread playing Marvel Future Fight, there's now a thread for it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Tunga posted:

Yes, it's good for anything you can buy through Play except subscriptions.

Excellent. I'd love to be able to put some Donuts into my springfield or grab one of the packs that always goes up for Future Fight or Star Wars.

Speaking of Star Wars, i keep getting bombarded with ads for Commander. I played it on iOS but I hated the gently caress out of the game because you'd build super powerful unites but because of the dumb as poo poo targeting AI they'd die because they'd walk across the map to shoot a turret while the enemy troops would kill them. Did they fix that?

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Kheldarn posted:

Due to a bunch of goons in the Marvel Heroes thread playing Marvel Future Fight, there's now a thread for it.

Thanks for pointing this out! Was looking for goon to play with.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I just got a new phone and apparently Soda Dungeon didn't save to the cloud? Did I do it wrong or do I have to start over?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Kheldarn posted:

Thanks, just came here to check. Stumbled onto this game in the Play store and really like it. Sure it's F2P, but it's fun as far as those go, and I don't feel too compelled to shell out.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Len posted:

I just got a new phone and apparently Soda Dungeon didn't save to the cloud? Did I do it wrong or do I have to start over?

I don't think it does cloud saving.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Soda talk:

I just beat the boss at level 500, what a pain in the dick. Is there any reason I shouldn't just go to the next dimension? My guys are getting their asses kicked past 500

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chinook posted:

Thanks, just came here to check. Stumbled onto this game in the Play store and really like it. Sure it's F2P, but it's fun as far as those go, and I don't feel too compelled to shell out.

I have a fuckton of characters, almost all the ones I want, and I haven't spent a dime.

I got a chance to check out Magic Puzzle Quest today. Its a match game, but you have a planeswalker you control. The matching gives you mana which you use to cast spells or use planeswalker abilities. You can collect cards, and have a deck you play with. Though smartly, mana is mana, no matter what matches you make. They'll just have one planeswalker for each colour ( I assume the Origin's ones, Nyssa, Jace, Chandra, Lilana, and Gideon) but they'll be adding more. Decks will obviously be a lot smaller, just around 10 cards.

Gets released next week and looks different enough from Marvel, guys who made it also worked on MPQ.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

The Duggler posted:

Soda talk:

I just beat the boss at level 500, what a pain in the dick. Is there any reason I shouldn't just go to the next dimension? My guys are getting their asses kicked past 500

I think the usual advice for holding back and running groups as far as you can is actually to hold back at the 400 boss, so no, if you've already unlocked the 500 boss you may as well just keep advancing

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I have a fuckton of characters, almost all the ones I want, and I haven't spent a dime.

I got a chance to check out Magic Puzzle Quest today. Its a match game, but you have a planeswalker you control. The matching gives you mana which you use to cast spells or use planeswalker abilities. You can collect cards, and have a deck you play with. Though smartly, mana is mana, no matter what matches you make. They'll just have one planeswalker for each colour ( I assume the Origin's ones, Nyssa, Jace, Chandra, Lilana, and Gideon) but they'll be adding more. Decks will obviously be a lot smaller, just around 10 cards.

Gets released next week and looks different enough from Marvel, []b]guys who made it also worked on MPQ.[/b]

Even for a match 3 game, that does not make for a ringing endorsement.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

The Duggler posted:

Soda talk:

Nah, warp. Unless you're close to affording a VIP, then grind away.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

The Duggler posted:

Soda talk:

going to the next dimension will give you more relics. do it

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
So for Seven Knights, which formation should you be maxing first? I've been primarily using Offense, but I saw a lot of Castle Raid and farming strategies talking about using Defense, so I've got both around level 15-18 right now.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

DemonMage posted:

So in Seven Knights is there a way to get Elements reliably besides the Daily Dungeon? As that definitely sucks if not. I forgot that level 30+5 x2 is a random unit one star level higher, not the same, but I lucked out and got the Velika with dual AE attacks. So I've got her and Dark Yuri for 4* mages now which is nice. Also is there a goon guild or thread yet?

World 8 drops 3* from Mimic drops (rare mob that looks like a chest) World 7 mimics give you 2* elements (rank them up by using 2)

4 days of Castle raid points get you 1 element as well or you can spend more for option of selecting what you get etc.

DemonMage posted:

So for Seven Knights, which formation should you be maxing first? I've been primarily using Offense, but I saw a lot of Castle Raid and farming strategies talking about using Defense, so I've got both around level 15-18 right now.

Defensive is pretty much the one you use 99% of the content. Offense you use in harder PvE content sometimes.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Does anyone have a recommendation for a controller to play android games with? I have a nexus 6p with the fancy new type of usb if that matters, and would want something like an x box 360 controller. Seen a few online but it's hard to tell if they are any good or not.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

GTO posted:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a controller to play android games with? I have a nexus 6p with the fancy new type of usb if that matters, and would want something like an x box 360 controller. Seen a few online but it's hard to tell if they are any good or not.

Dual Shock 4?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Is it terribly hard to set up a DS4 with an Android phone? I have a one I use occasionally with my PC.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

SpookyLizard posted:

Is it terribly hard to set up a DS4 with an Android phone? I have a one I use occasionally with my PC.

Nope, just put it in search mode and couple it with your device via Bluetooth. Make sure you also download something like Bluetooth Autoconnect so you can use it for more than a minute.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

OxMan posted:

Nope, just put it in search mode and couple it with your device via Bluetooth. Make sure you also download something like Bluetooth Autoconnect so you can use it for more than a minute.

Wait, this actually works now? For all phones, or just certain ones? I was under the impression that my Lollipop-running Nexus 4 had zero ability to connect to controllers via bluetooth unless I rooted it, which I'm not doing.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Wait, this actually works now? For all phones, or just certain ones? I was under the impression that my Lollipop-running Nexus 4 had zero ability to connect to controllers via bluetooth unless I rooted it, which I'm not doing.

Worked fine on my fire 7 2015! If it works there I imagine it'll work anywhere else.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

I will note that for whatever reason, the DS4 I bought back when the PS4 came out doesn't like to connect to non-PS4 things via bluetooth, but the one that came with my PS4 a year after that works fine.

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009
Has anyone else had any issues running King of Dragon Pass on the Galaxy Tab S2 8" model? everything's all weirdly zoomed in, and it's basically impossible to select any options so I can't even get through clan creation.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Could I please have a recommendation: co-op games, ones that can be played over the internet specifically?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Worked fine on my fire 7 2015! If it works there I imagine it'll work anywhere else.

Ah, I actually think, for whatever stupid reason, the Nexus 7's bluetooth and the Nexus 4's bluetooth are handled differently. I've been wanting to use my PS3 dualshock for my phone for a while now, without rooting, and so far, no luck. I'll check again, though.

EDIT: Are there any good sites that let you know when stuff on the Play store/wishlist goes on sale?

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Dec 7, 2015

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Age of Empires has been resurrected as a mobile RTS currently in geo-limited soft launch. It actually looks kind of okay?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

EDIT: Are there any good sites that let you know when stuff on the Play store/wishlist goes on sale?

AppSales

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

mrkillboy posted:

Age of Empires has been resurrected as a mobile RTS currently in geo-limited soft launch. It actually looks kind of okay?

AppSales

Not available in my country. :911:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

mrkillboy posted:

AppSales

Yea, not in Canuckastan yet.

As long as there isn't force PVP it would be fine.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

twistedmentat posted:

The Philippines and Singapore are the only territories so far apparently.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Works in the Middle East.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

mrkillboy posted:

The Philippines and Singapore are the only territories so far apparently.

It looks like most of the related titles are Vietnamese (I think??), which would actually make a lot of sense as a test market as well because they still have a huge Age of Empires II community (including active esports events, of all things). Just inexplicably really popular there.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Looks like I can download it now, and I'm in Montreal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Lots of snk games on sale today.