Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Elsa posted:

I'm about to move to an SP farm too. Won't have to do poo poo for ISK, sorta free to do whatever.

Let's go do something in EVE together

Currently doing some ganking in Globbys memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.
Please keep driving injector prices down kthx.

I guarantee the margin on on sp farms will be less than 100m/month/character soon enough.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Zephyrine posted:

Currently doing some ganking in Globbys memory.

were the globby posts real?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

MorsAnima posted:

Please keep driving injector prices down kthx.

I guarantee the margin on on sp farms will be less than 100m/month/character soon enough.

The prices have been pretty stable the last few months. Anyway I went from plexing my accounts at actual plex cost to a profit. If the prices drop to the point where I am paying 200 million per month then I would still be happy as a clam.

Elsa posted:

were the globby posts real?

Looks like it.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Zephyrine posted:

The prices have been pretty stable the last few months. Anyway I went from plexing my accounts at actual plex cost to a profit. If the prices drop to the point where I am paying 200 million per month then I would still be happy as a clam.

Looks like it.

Similarly, I pay annuals so any ISK I get back from training Queue is a bonus.

:wow: globby for real

edit: the smiley I wanted was :aaaaa:

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Aug 3, 2016

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Did you train all the SP farms up? or buy them?

accepted contract. thanks

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I was training them to be jump freighter pilots that I could sell but then made them into SP farms instead.

Since they need to have 5 million SP minimum I could easily do cybernetics 5 for the +5 implants. Depending on your preference you could also have them master PI and make isk like that.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Aug 3, 2016

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
I was thinking of training up SP farms. I wouldn't do PI, because its buttons. I'm guessing I train straight to cyber 5 and , remap and traing other skills that use the same attributes as cybernetics?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

FranktheBank posted:

I was thinking of training up SP farms. I wouldn't do PI, because its buttons. I'm guessing I train straight to cyber 5 and , remap and traing other skills that use the same attributes as cybernetics?

I had them train Laboratory operation and then advanced laboratory operation because the later is a rank 8 skill that almost covers a month on its own.

You still have to do train 5 million unextractable SP. Research/Manufacturing are two other alternatives to use.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
Theres a thread with pretty modular options: https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/206212-vcbee-2016-from-rags-to-riches-in-94-days-never-not-goo/

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Zeph I'm thinking about starting a mercenary entosis group.

I'm tired of doing this poo poo for free to be quite loving honest

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Elsa posted:

Zeph I'm thinking about starting a mercenary entosis group.

I'm tired of doing this poo poo for free to be quite loving honest

Watching DBRB doing it on stream as a bunch of Slicers tried in vain to stop him did not look like fun, to be perfectly honest with you.

Beyond my idea of making sovereignty implied and based on moon control (basically identical to lowsec), I don't know what CCP can do to make a really good sov system.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Nazareth posted:

Watching DBRB doing it on stream as a bunch of Slicers tried in vain to stop him did not look like fun, to be perfectly honest with you.

Beyond my idea of making sovereignty implied and based on moon control (basically identical to lowsec), I don't know what CCP can do to make a really good sov system.

Assuming sov won't change for reasons, there is definitely room for a paid service here. There is a subset of players who enjoy the activity, but even in large alliances you run into a shortage of entosis hackers to burn as much as you'd like.

If a group was founded strictly on the basis of entosis reffing, made neutral and totally decentralized, you might have a thing of beauty.

#BurnEverything2017

I'm still working out the specifics.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Elsa posted:

Assuming sov won't change for reasons, there is definitely room for a paid service here. There is a subset of players who enjoy the activity, but even in large alliances you run into a shortage of entosis hackers to burn as much as you'd like.

If a group was founded strictly on the basis of entosis reffing, made neutral and totally decentralized, you might have a thing of beauty.

#BurnEverything2017

Honestly after spending a chunk of saturday hacking making it my primary activity in eve isk or no sounds like torture.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Rhymenoserous posted:

Honestly after spending a chunk of saturday hacking making it my primary activity in eve isk or no sounds like torture.

I multibox pretty hard, and node scouting a constellation at a time is my type of thing. I enjoy doing it enough, I just dislike the idea of doing it for free ad infinitum.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

Supposedly there is already someone doing this.
The dude who recently lost 270 something injectors from his entosis / sp farm army.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Krogort posted:

The dude who recently lost 270 something injectors from his entosis / sp farm army.

I heard about him. He could single handedly AFK cloak cover a whole region but he would also have a combat pilot ready to cyno to people who ignored his scouts and started ratting or mining.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Krogort posted:

Is he accepting ISK to sov hack? I'm curious what his rates are.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

I get that being the Entosis ship is probably the least fun thing to do with the mechanics, but it's hardly the worst thing in the world. When PL was in Delve back in like December or whenever it was, a few of us had fun using bait ships to entosis, draw out the locals to defend, and grabbing them. Not sure if that's still as doable as it used to be though.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I've been debating starting an SP farm but I don't have the bankroll to fund buying goo factories off the bazaar. Starting new ones takes them a couple months in +5s to hit 5m SP so you can extract, and I'm loathe to dump $30/account to get them rolling even if I can get a PLEX back out of each immediately by using a referral link off a trial.

When I was looking at this for passive income I put together a very basic Google Sheet that pulls market hub prices for injectors/extractors/PLEX and calculates a monthly profit using that day's numbers. The profit # has been slowly declining while PLEX prices climb back up towards 1B/ea and injectors come down closer to 600m.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

SP farming is mainly to subsidize accounts that you were already using for something else. Not as an income in itself.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Jazzzzz posted:

I've been debating starting an SP farm but I don't have the bankroll to fund buying goo factories off the bazaar. Starting new ones takes them a couple months in +5s to hit 5m SP so you can extract, and I'm loathe to dump $30/account to get them rolling even if I can get a PLEX back out of each immediately by using a referral link off a trial.

When I was looking at this for passive income I put together a very basic Google Sheet that pulls market hub prices for injectors/extractors/PLEX and calculates a monthly profit using that day's numbers. The profit # has been slowly declining while PLEX prices climb back up towards 1B/ea and injectors come down closer to 600m.

You can make a few million more using tax free citadels but yea profit is dropping fast thanks to the turpospergs running hundreds of farms.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Unfunny Poster posted:

I get that being the Entosis ship is probably the least fun thing to do with the mechanics, but it's hardly the worst thing in the world. When PL was in Delve back in like December or whenever it was, a few of us had fun using bait ships to entosis, draw out the locals to defend, and grabbing them. Not sure if that's still as doable as it used to be though.

Yeah that's elective. Imagine most of your gameplay locked behind sov mechanics and entosis.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
can you transfer ownership of TCUs and IHubs?

I'm trying to work out the scope of this hypothetical entosis thing.

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese
Does Hole Violence live in wormholes? How do they manage to participate in fleets as required? Do they have citadels in wh space to jump clone out?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

SP farming is mainly to subsidize accounts that you were already using for something else. Not as an income in itself.

sure, if you already have a cyno army or mining fleet it makes sense, but it's also a moderately profitable passive income stream that scales ridiculously well, hence the guy who got a shitload of injectors blown up a week or so ago from his 200+ character SP farm

short of running a gambling site I can't think of any other passive income streams that involve such minimal interaction short of market fuckery, which is literally spreadsheets in space

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Jazzzzz posted:

sure, if you already have a cyno army or mining fleet it makes sense, but it's also a moderately profitable passive income stream that scales ridiculously well, hence the guy who got a shitload of injectors blown up a week or so ago from his 200+ character SP farm

short of running a gambling site I can't think of any other passive income streams that involve such minimal interaction short of market fuckery, which is literally spreadsheets in space

Right but he started early. The initial investment on an SP farm takes something like a year to recoup now and gets worse as plex prices goes up. A farm started now may very well never even break even.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Nazareth posted:

Does Hole Violence live in wormholes? How do they manage to participate in fleets as required? Do they have citadels in wh space to jump clone out?

Yes they live in a C4. There are no participation requirements for Hole Squad members. They have citadels, but you can't jump clone into or out of wormhole citadels to a station in null or wherever. I used to just wait for exits close to GSF staging to go on reaver or blackops fleets when I was in hole squad.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Elsa posted:

#BurnEverything2017

How do you plan to get around the alliance mechanic for capturing? Assuming you have your own alliance, you'll just be taking sov from your employer instead of gaining sov for them.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

frozenphil posted:

How do you plan to get around the alliance mechanic for capturing? Assuming you have your own alliance, you'll just be taking sov from your employer instead of gaining sov for them.

The merc corp joining hiring the alliance is the only way I suppose

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
What are the big differences between Thanatos ad Nidhogg? Completely PVE related.

Ratting? Tanking? Fit costs? Can both solo a dread? Does either take a bigger SP investment to be relevant?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

frozenphil posted:

all I would organize is burning. If everything is won, all you need to do is place a new sov structure and laser it and if they don't want to do that last bit that's their choice.

As I consider the implications of any joe shmoe paying ISK out of their ratting income to wage sov war (grief) by proxy, I like the idea more.

It's the burn-everything outcome no one has attempted to organize yet.

Unless alliances incentivise entosis havers with ISK up front, not just after losses, I think this will steal the entosis types from under everyone's noses.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ullerm, can you explain something to me regarding your Reddit posting here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4w09sj/psa_ecm_bursts_allow_you_to_give_tethered_ships_a/

So in general wouldn't it be best overall if CCP removed ECM Burst modules all together or would it cause more issues than it'd solve? From what I have read/heard ECM Bursting on a gate also does the same sort of thing in which it lets you aggress without much issue but I'm personally unfamiliar with how that works.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
90% sure I'm going through with my dream of becoming the shadow broker. If it happens I'm kicking it off with a submission on TMC.

You fine people think I could stay on good terms with GSF? I might want to come back when they roll back entosis.

on a scale of one to ten, how likely is character assassination.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

You're already known for drawing Disney princess poontang. You could be lady scarlet sized and still not have enough free surface area to insert another metaphorical dagger, much less find a vital organ.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
just no one get upset until you read my TMC article, okay? I'm going to make some good points and explain why I think this thing is worth doing.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
*articles.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Unfunny Poster posted:

Ullerm, can you explain something to me regarding your Reddit posting here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4w09sj/psa_ecm_bursts_allow_you_to_give_tethered_ships_a/

So in general wouldn't it be best overall if CCP removed ECM Burst modules all together or would it cause more issues than it'd solve? From what I have read/heard ECM Bursting on a gate also does the same sort of thing in which it lets you aggress without much issue but I'm personally unfamiliar with how that works.

Well, the ECM Burst module has plenty of legit uses, too -- it's just got some bugs. I'd rather just see CCP fix those bugs.

It's ultimately a software design question -- how quickly can they 1) identify the bug and fix it, and 2) how quickly can they create a new build of the game, test it, and release it? Because if they're anything like my employer, even if the bug is a one-line fix that's trivial, it may be a few weeks before a new build can be released. In that case, CCP has to decide how they want to handle people abusing it in the interim.

There's plenty of examples in the past where CCP's made a public statement to the extent of "we know there's a bug, we're working on a fix, in the interim, abuses of the bug will be punished" -- for ex, it took them multiple days to fix the ferrogel dupe bug.

From my POV, I don't really care about crime and punishment; poo poo happens, and sometimes you may legit not know that you were abusing a bug (altho in this case it seems pretty obvious). More concerned that people who've lost their caps to it get compensated.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Aug 4, 2016

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The problem I have is that CCP never seems to do anything when people legit exploit. I sent a petition to CCP WHILE I WAS IN NC DOT AND ON A FLEET THAT USED AN EXPLOIT TO KILL A TITAN and nothing was done. I also think that if CCP wasn't loving incompetent this wouldn't be an issue and I'm still loving amazed that they released citadels when they do not function as intented because CCP is too loving stupid to figure out how to make ships not get bumped.

PS travis musgrat is a piece of poo poo

PookBear fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Aug 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

I'd be surprised if anything happens with that Titan kill they exploited. God knows the pilot deserved to die, after being a posterchild of how not to travel.

Ugh.

• Locked thread