Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Magneto and the Wasp hooked up during Secret Wars but Scarlet Witch married the Vision so is that like your dad having slept with your grandmother-in-law?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

SynthOrange posted:

The chronal duplicate was the retcon. Unless the retconned that too

So when Human Torch and Vision was on West Coast Avengers, he was hanging out with himself? Also, can Vision light on fire and just doesn't bother to do it because intangibility is a cooler trick?

I like the original Human Torch and I dont' even know why.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rick posted:

I like the original Human Torch and I dont' even know why.

I know why.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don't see why I should care cap. Hitler can't have been that hard to kill at that point.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
But Hitler killed Hitler. If Jim killed Hitler, that means Jim is Hitler.

Don't give metals to Hitler, America!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
But he is anti communist. That will get you far in 50s America.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

DrProsek posted:

But Hitler killed Hitler.

That was the official story. The truth is Jim killed him to stop him from launching some kind of super weapon.

Learn your Marvel lore!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
specifically he and toro just burst into the bunker and loving melted him

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Except Bucky also killed Hitler so what's the story there?

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!
Also Deadpool killed Hitler

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Also while HItler was killed his soul was transferred into a Hitler clone so really nice frigging job mildly bothering Hitler, Jim.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Then he monged a bunch of hate all over the place.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Except Bucky also killed Hitler so what's the story there?

Who told you that? Was it Bendis?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Maybe it was a chronal duplicate of Hitler.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Figuring out the Summers/Pym/Richards family trees is Marvel trying to make up for not having any Crisis to confuse readers.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
So if my reading is correct, it was Phil Coulson who was writing Ms. Marvel romance fanfiction?

That's super creepy, because I'm pretty sure in the Agents of SHIELD/Ms. Marvel teamup, Phil found out she's still in high school.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

What? Miles was the writer, Phil is the moderator.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Die Laughing posted:

Miles was the writer

Oh good. I mean bad? With badmachine as the handle I was wondering if it might be Ultron

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Somehow even creepier

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Have you never been a weird lovely awkward teen with a secret crush before? Because that dumb poo poo happens all the loving time.

Like if you're artistically inclined and especially if you're not, writing dumb weird self-insert fanfiction where you get the girl/boy of your dreams is not really that weird like, at all. I mean, it's weird but it's definitely not unusual, and the way it's externalized is the least harmful and I would genuinely say harmless way possible. Miles posted weird fanfiction under a name that's not his and didn't link it or make Kamala or Sam aware of what he was doing. He's basically doing the twenty first century version of fantasizing/writing in your journal/diary about the amazing life you'll lead once you win the girl/boy of your dreams, that everyone grows out of once you start seeing other people as people over objects of sexual/emotional gratification.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Wanderer posted:

I remember there was a chart in Wizard back in the day that indicated that between Jen Walters, Hercules, Tony Stark, and Matt Murdock, most of Marvel's long-running superheroes are no more than a degree or two of romantic separation from one another, even if you don't take alternate universes into account.

What about Juggernaut?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

WAR FOOT posted:

Somehow even creepier

Adds some interesting subtext to the fact that he shipped Kamala with himself AND Nova.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Die Laughing posted:

Figuring out the Summers/Pym/Richards family trees is Marvel trying to make up for not having any Crisis to confuse readers.

Eh, DC still has The Flash family tree and basically anything to do with The Hawks to stay in the lead.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Toxxupation posted:

Have you never been a weird lovely awkward teen with a secret crush before? Because that dumb poo poo happens all the loving time.

Like if you're artistically inclined and especially if you're not, writing dumb weird self-insert fanfiction where you get the girl/boy of your dreams is not really that weird like, at all. I mean, it's weird but it's definitely not unusual, and the way it's externalized is the least harmful and I would genuinely say harmless way possible. Miles posted weird fanfiction under a name that's not his and didn't link it or make Kamala or Sam aware of what he was doing. He's basically doing the twenty first century version of fantasizing/writing in your journal/diary about the amazing life you'll lead once you win the girl/boy of your dreams, that everyone grows out of once you start seeing other people as people over objects of sexual/emotional gratification.

Somewhere out there is a copy of Final Fantasy 2(4) with Cecil renamed after me and my first gf's name in place of Rosa's.

So yeah, that was pretty believable.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Eh, DC still has The Flash family tree and basically anything to do with The Hawks to stay in the lead.

That's more complicated but less convoluted than the Marvel superfamily tree. You need, like, a Captain Britain Corp of Hesiods to fully map this.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I'm catching up on the comics I haven't read last week and CWII: The Accused is a loving incredible one-shot. Brilliant stuff.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

SilverSupernova posted:

Adds some interesting subtext to the fact that he shipped Kamala with himself AND Nova.

It depends. Maybe his stories end with Nova conceding defeat to Miles. And admitting that he is the better hero and more deserving of Kamela's love and that Miles has a much bigger dick etc...

Totally mature and well nuanced story telling from Miles.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I really liked having the one two punch of Black Widow and Mockingbird this week. Both spy stories, but one is Jason Bourne and the other is Burn Notice.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Well gosh, that was the last person I expected to show up at the end of Thor. I'm guessing it's Loki, maybe?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Sentinel Red posted:

Well gosh, that was the last person I expected to show up at the end of Thor. I'm guessing it's Loki, maybe?

Loki's solo book established that their illusion magic couldn't make Loki look like anyone but Loki so they're out. Could be Loki's magic on somebody else though.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
That was before, though. After kid-Loki, but before god-of-stories-Loki, so his power levels were kind of in an uncertain funky place. At this point Loki should no longer have any sorts of issues like that with his magic.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

He had no trouble turning his head into a giant Cat Thor head.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I've been consistently surprised and pleased with Uncanny Avengers. This issue in particular had some great moments.

The worst part of Civil War II so far -- and that's saying a lot -- is having to watch Carol mindlessly, helplessly replicate her idiotic fascism Greatest Hits across multiple books over and over again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

He had no trouble turning his head into a giant Cat Thor head.

FORSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Sentinel Red posted:

Maybe Kamala?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

BrianWilly posted:

The worst part of Civil War II so far -- and that's saying a lot -- is having to watch Carol mindlessly, helplessly replicate her idiotic fascism Greatest Hits across multiple books over and over again.

Almost worth it for America's chair-in-the-face-outta-loving-nowhere.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Sentinel Red posted:

Almost worth it for America's chair-in-the-face-outta-loving-nowhere.

I didn't know which I loved more. That, or T'challa's passive aggressive manner of telling Carol to gently caress off when she told him to get off his rear end and help.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Runaways is coming to Hulu as a series from ABC.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i read secret wars, but i dont read every title published currently or ever, but were is reed richards in this snafu that he could easily solve?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I feel like Kamala, seeing my favorite Superhero fall from grace.

I'm actually pretty hopefully Illyana is going to be one of the solo X books in a few months, but I kind of wish Rogue would go from Uncanny avengers to being on the primary team.

• Locked thread