Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I guess to see if the Bills will pay the premium price before he agrees to one of the garage sale prices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I'd really quite like us to sign Brown, it'd be a novel experience to go into the draft basically able to go bpa

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah I'd really like for us to sign Brown. It allows us to boot Misi with an actual OLB who could maybe play over 8 games

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Me waiting for Romo to get released

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Intruder posted:

Me waiting for Romo to get released
Rumor is that Jerry really doesn't want Romo to sign with the Texans and is hoping for another team to cave in and trade for him instead. At this point, the Broncos have no plans to trade for Romo.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Steelers signed Tyson Alualu to a 2 year deal. What's he about?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Steelers signed Tyson Alualu to a 2 year deal. What's he about?
He is consistently mediocre, but has never had much talent around him. He'll probably be a decent rotational 3-4 DE considering that he was the "Big" DE in Bradley's 4-3 scheme and played DT on passing downs.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wasn't Alualu a pretty big head scratcher eve when he was drafted? Like he was considered a second round guy and went top 15

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Intruder posted:

Wasn't Alualu a pretty big head scratcher eve when he was drafted? Like he was considered a second round guy and went top 15
Yep. He was picked at 10 if I remember correctly, and he has never been that good, but never bad enough to get cut (I think his contract expired?). Everyone was surprised/baffled, especially because I think he played in a 3-4 in college.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

He is consistently mediocre, but has never had much talent around him. He'll probably be a decent rotational 3-4 DE considering that he was the "Big" DE in Bradley's 4-3 scheme and played DT on passing downs.

Cool. Can't be any worse than the last 2 d-line depth guys they took from the Chargers in FA. Can Thomas was without question the worst player I have ever seen play for the Steelers, and Ricardo Matthews isn't much better, so this should be in upgrade. Thanks for answering

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I was going to say I understood why Zach Brown might be willing to go to the Raiders for less, but why the Dolphins? I forgot they made the playoffs.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

Apparently the Raiders never bothered to give Latavius an offer

Strange

https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNFL/status/843887671848177665

After tony jefferson saying he felt insulted by the cardinals offer I think some teams will just not offer anything instead of lowball guys

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

fsif posted:

I was going to say I understood why Zach Brown might be willing to go to the Raiders for less, but why the Dolphins? I forgot they made the playoffs.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Are you a furry if you don't literally have fur?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

dolphins have hair though

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

fsif posted:

One year prove it deal playing behind Suh probably

Look at Kiko.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Cool. Can't be any worse than the last 2 d-line depth guys they took from the Chargers in FA. Can Thomas was without question the worst player I have ever seen play for the Steelers, and Ricardo Matthews isn't much better, so this should be in upgrade. Thanks for answering

Holy poo poo why would anyone sign Ricardo Matthews

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Holy poo poo why would anyone sign Ricardo Matthews

He was an upgrade over Cam Thomas fwiw

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/844273295247790080

18.5 guaranteed doesn't seem steep for a good LB

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

hifi posted:

dolphins have hair though

There's a theory that humans are so hairless compared to other apes because they briefly evolved into water dwelling apes and lost all their hair before switching back to the land.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Now bring me Brown

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

It's actually a 4 year deal at those numbers for Alonso which is way better than 10 per.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah he was on a 1 year2 million dollar tender. If it were 10 per nobody would be saying great signing

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

He was an upgrade over Cam Thomas fwiw

I had such high hopes for Cam Thomas when we drafted him

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

There's a theory that humans are so hairless compared to other apes because they briefly evolved into water dwelling apes and lost all their hair before switching back to the land.

Pffft, evolution

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I mean flat earth is making a comeback.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Dolphins are so stupid.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am dubious on Alonso and Timmons. They're both liabilities in coverage. We will continue to give up huge plays to tight ends just like we have every year for the last...I don't know. Decade?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Ehud posted:

I am dubious on Alonso and Timmons. They're both liabilities in coverage. We will continue to give up huge plays to tight ends just like we have every year for the last...I don't know. Decade?

Timmons hits people so hard you won't care very often. He will disappoint you in coverage tho

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Ehud posted:

For a brief moment I thought they had the answer.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
How many LBs do people say are good in coverage? I feel like it's 3 to 5 guys in the whole league.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Don't good coverage linebackers become safeties

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

:stare::fh:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I've never seen a man die on live TV before. This ought to be interesting.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Ehud posted:

I never watch the Dolphins so I know you're right but that leaping Alonso pick in the red zone from this past year was dope as gently caress.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I never watch the Dolphins so I know you're right but that leaping Alonso pick in the red zone from this past year was dope as gently caress.

Yeah sometimes he makes sick plays

He pick 6'd Rivers to seal the victory against the Chargers as well

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Spring Break My Heart posted:

How many LBs do people say are good in coverage? I feel like it's 3 to 5 guys in the whole league.

deone bucannon

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Same ol' Mark.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
omg yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Ehud posted:

Yeah sometimes he makes sick plays

He pick 6'd Rivers to seal the victory against the Chargers as well

Alonso had a monster rookie season, so he's capable of being very good but he's a significant injury risk.

• Locked thread